Tree Top

Tree Top Employee Reviews

United States71 reviews
Make it long term if you're going to work at the Selah Plant, seniority sucks unless you plan on working graveyard and swing for quite awhile. Hours can be described as feast or famine. The work is super easy though, that being said the maintenance managers and supervisors suck, they do leave you alone though, to scared to confront anyone. Some cool people though, not a terrible place.
Pros
Training
Cons
Seniority
Easy to work for enjoyed my time there, just ended up in a bad relationship with my ex girlfriend and was forced to resign because she didnt want me working

Felt like I was the only one who was there for the betterment of myself. Everyone else had their own agenda and didn't care much about others. It was nice to work for a cooperation though.
Management was uncaring and there is no room for advancement or on the job training. Not feeling supported at was a constant issue, manager was always right and talked to much, over taking my projects.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Tree Top is a good company to work for, but struggles to promote from within. Hard working culture, but works to have good work.life balance for employees.
From a Dedicated employee. Temp ..Promises made for 10 mths, Seems nothing is valid. .other employees do not care about standards, slack off, and its condoned.
Working at a manufacturing job is repative and can be boring but this job had plenty of breaks and changes during the shift. All shifts are offered and can be flexible. Beni fits are great.
Toxic management culture. The leadership environment is toxic and is based largely upon a system of cronyism. If you are not one of the ordained few from the time you start with the company, you can expect any advancement to take years. You should expect that although the company will have made record profits, you will be told that you did not make the budgeted numbers. While they will admit a 10 hour day is "normal", you should expect to work between 12-16 hours a day, up to 7 days a week. Do not plan on having any sort of home life or "life outside of work". Many people within the company have given up great amounts of their lives chasing the dollar for the company only to have them chase more. The hostile work culture is not something that will change until certain key upper management figures leave or retire from the company. The fact that no one is willing to make these changes sooner is just further evidence of the fear ingrained within the company. Being berated and screamed at is the norm so you will need to ensure you have a thick skin. Although they recruit people who are new, if you are, expect to be treated as a threat to the status quo.
Employees hoard information for the sake of job security and senior leadership is so old fashioned that they don't know how to change it, or they don't know it is an issue. The administrative personnel could easily be cut in half. Sure, there would be some pain for a couple months, but the savings would easily outweigh the short-term inconvenience.
My experience at Tree Top was that the people there are family. They are all goal oriented and have awesome attitudes and work ethics. The job is demanding but at the end of the day you know everybody has done their best to produce the highest quality product they can possibly make.
Lab Techs, or those wishing to get a foot in the door as a Lab Tech, be wary of this company.
While I was working there, late 2018 to early 2019, the "Supervisor" who scheduled the hours would often give the more senior techs as many hours as they wanted (10-12 hours daily) while I struggled (24 hours/week on average).

At around $14 starting wage it's difficult to afford to work there, so be cautios.
I work alot of ot at tree top, and just looking for something else to do for work. The work I do is easy but I'm on my feet all the time and running to and from the lab.
If you like working 12 hr a day 5-6 day a week then, tree top is the place for you . But if you like spending time with your family tree top is not the place for you. Knowing how to speak Spanish is a must at the Oxnard plant.
Just the worst management team ever. Most straight off the street with no relevant experience. Many times I had people in charge ask me what to do. And of course the less they knew the more arrogant they became. Close minded, vindictive and petty in attitude.

Work schedule was a joke. I would not know until Thursday afternoon if I had a weekend off. "Drafted" to work extra hours with no regard to home life. Employees working 7/12 while management off for the weekend. Drafting at end of shift often. I was stopped on my way out the gate one morning and told to go back to work.

Totally lacking in safety. Even now I imagine eyewash stations are still crowded with junk, tank agitator guards missing, slip trip and fall hazards everywhere. Poor ladder use, incorrect tools, non existent housekeeping. My shop was a junkyard without a flat surface usable except for a computer bench and even that was a joke. Out of date permitting by over a year for ammonia compressors in Ware House 5. Informed the supervisor during my interview tour. Was told couldn't find the permits. A year later, the same. Permit states equipment not to be ran without one. Gas senors and alarm systems inoperative at times.

Quality standards constantly waived. QA supervisor could be heard over the radio giving the OK to use something out of the normal spec by saying "they would sign".

As an example of the harassing environment in March the Plant Manager posted a letter for employees. In it we were taken to task for missing work, creating to much OT and cratering the budget. Then it
 - more...
Management does not care about loyalty of the employees and does not care about employees working so much that you cant spend time with your family. Would not recommend working for this company .
a good place to work, fun and enjoying. Everything is good and fun everyone help eachother a fun place to be at. I have a great time working at this place
Everyone is a team player. Fast paced environment. Everyone is friendly and know their responsibilities. I worked in the southern logistics office in Selah and worked with Tanya the office manager. She was very friendly and only expects the best for you.
you work seven days a week almost all year, and also have a policy saying they can keep you up to twelve hours a day. you may notice favoritism. on the other hand, their breakroom is clean, provide vending machines and entertainment. you also get your own locker.
Pros
guaranteed breaks, your own locker.
Cons
repetitive, seven day work schedule
it was a good place to work but it was to many hours for me 7pm to 1pm some times .but is a good job I used to run the machines and load the truck with slurry filling in paper work for the trucks ..sign papers for them to take the truck load.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
15 minute brake
Lots of promotion of learning, company first, very busy. There is a lot of technology there that is not at most enterprise environments and it promotes a lot of learning through that.
if your working in production its fine if you don't mind a highly fluctuating schedule but the pay is good and advancement is excellent. It is also a safe place to work the follow all OSHA guidelines.
Pros
good pay safe enviroment
Cons
constant changing schedule