TreeHouse Foods Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great
Rotation operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYJune 29, 2018
It was a good job I am going to miss it deary everything about that job was great , great managament great co workers and great pay , great vacation time
Processing/Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILJune 27, 2018
New management changing in the schedules at the last minute, last minute mandatory overtime, mandatory meetings, every week, they do not care about your family at all
An OK company
Palletizer (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILJune 21, 2018
If you enjoy working hard and long hours this is a great job. I was employed by a temp company and learned to do several things while at this job. I would recommend it.
Great place to work til they decided to close our plant!
Mill Operator/Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 20, 2018
Great place to work with great co-workers. We have been sold and re-bought several times in the past 5 years.
Treehouse doesnt know how to run a cereal factory and that cost them a lot of money to figure out...thus the upcoming closure of our plant that has been open almost 100 years. Sad really!

I have worked in several capacities while at Treehouse (formerly Con Agra and Ralston Foods.) I have worked as a production/mill operator and as a maintenance mechanic. Both have been rewarding jobs with good pay and benefits. I spent 20 years of my career here and thought I would retire from this company; unfortunately, that has not been the case.

Overall, a good place to work. Many friends and family were established in this place. Hard to see it close.
Pros
Good pay & benefits, good work-life balance, good work culture and co-workers.
Cons
Company sold too many times and now in the midst of closing for good!
horrible JOB
Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILJune 14, 2018
no growth, no respect and absolutely no work/life balance what so ever. mandated to work as you are going to clock out if you say no you get a POINT. NO RESPECT FOR EMPLOYEES
Pros
Money is awesome
Cons
Stressful, Hostile workplace
Productive friendly staff and management
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Robersonville, NCJune 9, 2018
This company salary was great for the area and Bonuses are given based on profits. Advancement possibilities. Flexible shifts and paid lunch hours. Free lunches for job well done
Pros
Pay
Cons
Sometimes longe rthen expected hours
unstable business
Casepacker operator (Current Employee) –  Buckner, KYMay 29, 2018
Treehouse doesn't care about their employees they are loosing business there is mgmt. that is doing nothing to help the company but they keep their job and employees loose theirs . They aren't trying and the human resource is not for the employees
Pros
free samples 3 rd shift
Cons
human resource
Very unorganized
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 16, 2018
The upper management believe they are more educated than the people who actually do the work. And create policies that aren’t in line with getting the job done in a timely manner.

They got so big and had no direction on how to manage all the businesses so they had to sell off companies and get rid of a lot of good working people. Bigger is not always better.
Poor Leadership
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 5, 2018
they will help you learn and grow but fail to inform you of your ahort comings or that you arent meeting expectations and when they do if you ask for specifcs they cant seem to give you any specifics only vagueness.
Which leaves you trying to better EVERY aspect of how you are doing your job and in the end that might not be enough.

I have never been fired or “released” from a job in my life. I felt as though i was performing all my duties to their expectations until i was released. I will probably wonder what I did wrong or who I upset for the rest of my life.
Pros
good wages, transparency of hownwell the company is doing
Cons
must meet unknown expectations and will be let go if you dont meet these unspecified expectations, wont clarify expectations even if you ask
Competitive, challenging and rewarding
Sr. Director of Transportation (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 5, 2018
Meeting and collaborating with internal team members in order to drive efficiencies and synergies for the better of the organization.

Managing and leading Transportation team on daily and strategic goals and initiatives
Tube Winder / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 4, 2018
Good management .Pay was excellent for the work we had to perform.Room to grow in the company.Coworkers were helpful when some one needed assistance with a job you had to do.
Good
R&D Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2018
Good company to work for, lots of opportunity to learn but not sure of the upward growth, work environment is flexible and your work culture is relaxed.
Family and Work Friendly
Demand Planner Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 9, 2018
Treehouse has a great family/work life balance. They also value collaboration and new ideas when a new task is needed. Actually looked forward to going into the office everyday.
Pros
Work life balance, vacation right off the bat, great atmosphere
Relaxed environment
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 4, 2018
A lot of turnover in the past 2 years. Upper management is a joke - very "clique-y" environment. The morale around the office was pretty pathetic and disheartening.
Pros
Relaxed environment
management is a mess
SALES (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 3, 2018
once they merged the business really fell apart. lots of out of stocks and production issues. A revolving door of new employees and old ones leaving to find something better.
Pros
great industry
Cons
they still run it like it is a small business.
good job
Maintenance Parts Room Coordinator/Planner (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 2, 2018
good company to work for
fair pay
good benefits
good work environment
good managers
plenty of opportunity to advance
I wouldn't leave if I didn't have to but, our plant is closing
Used to be a good place to work
Production Manager All Production Facilities (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 15, 2018
Was a good place to work prior to being sold a couple of times. New leadership does not understand the business and has made a couple of decisions that ultimately lead to the closing of the Battle Creek facility.
Pros
Family atmosphere at the plant
Cons
Poor communication from corporate
No good company culture
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 14, 2018
Underpay
The company has no interest in being involved in the community
Promotions are by favoritism
No control over managers - they can be bias and decide whether you can get a raise or promoted
LOTS of favoritism! No one polices this
No training opportunities
nice place to work and pays very good
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, KYMarch 11, 2018
good paying job, sometimes can get stressful , but otherwise great place . You can make great money if you want to work hard and work your life away .
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
everyday childish stuff
Bought us, closing us a year later.
Packing machine tech. (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMarch 9, 2018
Had high hopes when tree house bought us from con agra.
Then they announced plant closure a year later.
Depressing to say the least, but cereal manufacturing is a fluctuating market and many plants are downsizing.
Pros
Good pay, lots of overtime.
Cons
Not much capital spent on upgrading older equipment.