Trego/Dugan Aviation Employee Reviews

Fast paced fun environment!
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 1, 2019
It saddens me to see all the bad reviews! This company has come so far from where it used to be and its only getting better! The airline industry is not an easy one to work for, there is a lot of people who can not handle the environment. I love it! Love interacting with my co workers and my passengers. Trego-Dugan cares about their employees at PIT! I could go to my management with any problem and there would be a resolution. I LOVE PIT! If you work Frontier and Spirit you will get flight benefits with them. Airline hours can be very goofy, but its a small price to pay for a job I love!
Pros
Great people to work with, great environment
Cons
flight hours
Awful Place
Ramp and Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 10, 2019
Don’t waste your time, most awful company to work for. Management is the worst I’ve ever experienced, main boss doesn’t care to listen to it’s workers problems nor to fix them, main manager is rude and disrespectful, acts like a middle schooler and gossips with her workers, retaliates against you if you’re not favorited, lies constantly to cover for herself, racist and discriminates people. Don’t bother trying to go to HR for any problems either they won’t do anything. Hours are limited since they hire too many people, won’t allow women to work ramp, so expect little to no hours. Work environment has a lot of drama in it, most coworkers fight over who thinks should be in charge. There are little to no benefits, don’t expect flight benefits other than discounted flights with frontier since they’re contracted with them, but that’s if you work for frontier thru them. Attendance policy is lax, but again if you’re not liked be expected to be retaliated against. Just don’t bother, look else where for employment because it’s definitely not worth it I promise you.
Pros
Knowledge of flight industry, company pays for training
Cons
Little to no benefits, drama work environment, poor management, poor company, discrimination, little to no hours
Frontier contracts Trego Dugan so you are made to believe when you go to training you are working for an airline you are not !! This is a middlema
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 2, 2019
Trego leads you to believe at the hiring process this is a part time job with the potential of being full time they lie it’s not maybe 12 hours a week. No flight benefits you push wheelchairs from landslide to airside sometimes with people weighing 250 lbs because they won’t pay for wheelchairs service . Management has 2 rooms that are both audio and Video recorded they don’t tell you about also upper management uses you to the point of driving you your mental and physical health in the ground for 12 bucks an hour I was harassed by others could prove it and they kept their jobs . The pilots would tell me Trego was the worst they had seen hope they lose the contract with Frontier it’s a great airline don’t get duped you work for TREGO it’s no hours not the Airline!!
Pros
Got to meet some awesome pilots flight attendants and wonderful people that were flying Frontier
Cons
Lie to your face about hours it is part time 12 an hour about 10 hrs weekly
Magamnet is absolutely terrible
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 7, 2019
Management gossips behind everyone's back like they're in high school. The hours are some of the worst out there, they put people on 4:30pm-11pm and then have them work the next day at 4 am. Crazy turn over due to poor management and awful hours. Online modules take around 10 hours to complete and they keep giving you more every month. Not to mention 95% of the training literally has nothing to do with the job..... you'll have to do hours of online training about stuff you will literally NEVER touch or work with.
Pros
some people are fun
Cons
inconsistent rule implementation, poor management, horrible boss, promises broken, bad scheduling
okay job
Ground Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYDecember 4, 2018
Is an okay job if you like fast paced physical work. working outside in all elements is a must and you must be able to lift people's heavy bags and other things.
Awful
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 21, 2018
Awful the management is all over the place. No-one knows what they should be doing. Its always i need you to stay or go home early because they are so unorganized they cant even make a schedule correctly
Pros
No discipline
Cons
No discipline
Nobody cares about the agents
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 20, 2018
The guest service agents do not get treated well. There is unfairness within the company. Spirit airlines gets treated like they're the best contracted airline while, wow airlines/frontier airlines and alaska airlines gets treated like the ugly sister in the pittsburgh station.

Spirit is the only airline on trego-dugan that get flight beneifits while frontier/wow/alaska get no flight beneifits but when they interview for the job they say you do.

Frontier is always understaffed
As well as wow airlines and alaska at times.

They have agents who are going to quit and leave the company all together because of the bad managment and hours.

When you do apply for spirit, you get placed in another product you didnt want.

Spirit gets 8+ hours
Wow 4+
Alaska 4+
Frontier 3+ (per flight)

They only care about money and how long youre clocked in for and they changed your clock in times if you dont "tell them" youre clocked in 10 mins before your actual time.

Frontier is so under staffed that you can't switch days with anyone because everyone who works there already works the same days.
Same goes for wow and alaska airlines.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No flight benefits. Not enough pay/hours
Extremely poor upper management.
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 14, 2018
The station had wonderful people but upper management does not care about their employees. They will work you like dogs and be the most ungrateful people in existence about it.
fun work place
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYOctober 17, 2018
fun to work around planes and you get flight benefits but only based on performance review so there is a chance you wont get flight benefits. I hear they pay 14 an hour now in 2018
Pros
fun to work around planes
Cons
loud lifting working outside
beyond a nightmare
Spirit Operations and Customer Relations Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2018
Worst company ever. Never hve i ever been underneath under such unqualified staff or management attempting to run a sham of a airline service. Their business practices are dep[orabel
What a place...
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 4, 2018
Working at Trego-Dugan Aviation was typically a dreaded experience. The work conditions were often unfair and hours were inconsistent and not preferable for a healthy life style. There are no benefits, period. While being hired, I was told that this company didn't offer full time, so they didn't offer any benefits because of that. However, when I was hired, Most of the employees consistently worked over 40 hours a week included myself at one point. The job is exhausting and there is no room for promotion - the responsibilities the promotions offered did not warrant the tiny increase in pay. Equipment was constantly breaking down and the managers were resilient to order replacements. Paid time off that you work for is lost at the end of the year if not used.
Pros
Some Co-workers
Cons
Work environment, Management, Culture, Treatment
Poor place to be
Ticket Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYOctober 3, 2018
Not a good place to be. They left me alone to work a flight by myself with little training or help, I was kind of paniced through the whole thing. That was enogh for me. There's no future there really and no benefits either.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management, Lack of training, no benefits, bad flight benefits
Fast paced, great company to gain experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2018
Fun, fast paced environment, many down talk the company due to hours and wage. People need to understand the airline business.....wages are competitive, management is great. You can actually can call the VP or President and talk to them as a person. Great way to gain knowledge and experience to move on to larger companies.
Pros
Wages, communication, fast pace, experience
Cons
Hours, flight benefits.
trego
Lead ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 22, 2018
working for this company is fun in the beginning but when you have to work every day of the week just to struggle to get enough hours to live daily sucks. Other places get more hours because they have more flights.
Fast Pace but Fun Environment
Frontier Ticket Counter RSA, CSA, and Gate Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2018
You have to remain on your toes when working for an airline. Everyday is different. I love the people and the environment I work in. It can get hard when dealing with delays and cancellations. You have to learn to read people and know how to remain professional in all circumstances. The benefits are nice. I enjoy travelling so not having to pay for that expense is nice.
Overall
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJuly 3, 2018
The company overall doesn't have their stuff together, Between management local and corporate, they don't respect their employee's. The employee's are overworked and underpaid. They are always short staffed
Always exciting and working for a successful takeoff every flight
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 1, 2018
We were constantly in motion working with our customers. All your co-workers had to be aware of the progression of getting the flight out on time. I learned how to handle the pressure of deadlines. It was a pleasure to see the customers off to their destinations and a pleasure to see them return with sunburns and stories.
Pros
Very Active and fun environment
Cons
Rain and Snow
Worst place to work at
Ramp agents (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 1, 2018
This was one of my worst jobs I’ve ever worked at! Management was horrible did not know how to communicate well with employees. They lied to you when you get hired on they say one thing and once you start it’s another thing. I would rather be jobless then work for this company. Nothing but unprofessional people working there employees and management alike.
Pros
Non
Miserable Experience
Operations Agent (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJune 30, 2018
Truly one of the most disorganized companies I’ve ever seen. In my year of working there, I saw 11 managers rotate in and out. The chance of being let go is high, and you constantly feel on edge for job performance.

Breaks are not guaranteed, even when you remind them of their legal obligation. I was scheduled for 50 hour work weeks, but was often required to work 12-15 hour days without being asked. The job is mentally exhausting.

Trego Dugan itself constantly takes on more contracts and accepts more charters without considering staffing. This causes many delays and makes things tense, as they are extremely short staffed. Don’t be surprised if you are working an entire flight completely by yourself.

The opportunity for growth is high. People are constantly quitting or being fired, so new positions open up pretty frequently. If you can stand the high stress, lack of communication, and rotating staff, it can be a great resume builder/stepping stone in an aviation career.
Collaborative
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJune 25, 2018
Collaborative, inclusive workplace with career advancement opportunity. Learned a great deal about the business and had the opportunity to improve labor and pricing management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trego/Dugan Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6