Trek Bicycle Employee Reviews

over all ok
Inventory/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 12, 2018
job was ok but the boss doesnt know how to communicate well. changes your positioning without a word. just overall for me not a right job for me. And unless your really into bikes not the right job for you.
Good working environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJune 11, 2018
Easy to learn job routine and payed well for the work that is expected of you. Offers great benefits and discounts on products. Although the job does require a fair amount of physical activity (walking, lifting, pushing, etc.) but no more than any other warehouse job. Great work culture with plenty of employee recognition and rewards.
Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 6, 2018
the work environment was great. There was always something to do. getting along with co-workers would make the days better. overall a thumbs up for trek
Great place to get a start
Senior Product Designer & Brand Strategist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WIMay 20, 2018
We’ll run company. They definitely know their business. Good culture of cycling. Family environment. Pay isn’t high but that’s the price you pay to work in the bike industry. Flat org. Not a lot of advancement.
It was repetitious but gratifying in the warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91761May 19, 2018
I would liked to have had more training and an opportunity to work as a forklift operator. I did not see myself working in a warehouse after receiving my Bachelor's Degree. I wanted to start another career that can make more money with job opportunities to grow with the company.
Relaxed, easy job.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 22, 2018
My only complaints are not enough time off.
This job is honestly super easy if you want a simple job with a good pay check.
Watch out for the summers, IT'S HOT!!!!!
Pros
Easy/ Good Pay
Cons
Not enough time off
Business Financial Services & Credit Rep (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WIJanuary 28, 2018
Exciting place to work and fast paced. I did credit and collections but they have a hard time keeping people with seniority. Benefits were also good.
Love This Company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJDecember 23, 2017
Great management, friendly co-workers, bad ones get weeded out, and they only hire great employees such as myself. Absolutely LOVE my JOB! Best place I’ve ever worked ever! And I love the fast paced warehouse environment, it’s like constant exercise which I love, keeps me busy, keeps me healthy, I’ve lost weight. Nice 45 minute lunch breaks, not 30 like the last place I worked at. The difference in employment is night and day, and management really cares about their employees and they even adjusted my schedule to allow me to see my son for visitation. I want to stay with them and excel, and I hope positions open up in a year or so for management so I can excel in that. Thanks. Definitely recommend, they however, don’t hire often. And the people they hire stay with the company.
Pros
Great employees everybody pulls their weight, friendly work environment, paid time off, great humanistic management, great work place, management cares about their employees! Work hard for an honest wage, benefits
Horrible company
sales associate (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 4, 2017
mandatory overtime without compensation, incompetent people in charge, older age people unwanted in company, expected to travel for company without compensation, they want feedback but you are punished for honesty
Pros
Cons
see above
Flexible Working Hours
Import/ Export Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WIOctober 2, 2017
The company culture is very flexible. For individual who likes to ride a bike, feel free to bring the bicycle to the office. During the day, employee can go out and ride bike, if his/ her work schedule permit.
Great Place to Work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 25, 2017
Awesome place to work. Fun and Fast paced. Great teams in all the stores. Training is top notch training with great online classes. Management is always looking to improve product knowledge with the associates.
My 2nd worst job experience EVER
Retail Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WIJanuary 23, 2017
Even after I told them in my interview that I wanted very specifically a 40-hour work week, I found out later they expected me to completely live and die for Trek Bicycle Corporation. NO work/life balance whatsoever. The workload was actually 60 plus hours per week and that is why they encourage working from home and give you your own laptop. Not as a perk but as a way to get more time and work out of you, they still expect you to be in the office for work at least 4 days per week; yeah you can also work from home one day per week...and work from home on weekends just to keep up. They load you up with retail clients way beyond anything reasonable for the average person, knowing you will work long hours nights and weekends to keep your job. It's stressful and there was very little training. You are on your own to try to figure everything out, really. The only good thing about working here was the cycling culture and the deep discounts you get on gear. Otherwise, it is not the place for you if you want to have a single moment of time with your family and/or have any social life outside of the company.
Pros
Culture, discounts, employee social events
Cons
Unmanageable workload, management expectations unreasonable
Great Business with Great People.
Marketing, Sponsorship & Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 2, 2016
Working for Trek Bicycle was an incredible opportunity that has helped me grow from College Intern to Capable Manager. My position was an oddity as I was working remote for Ray's Indoor Bike Parks and handling several varying jobs each day-- but I wouldn't change those years for anything. I found myself most comfortable developing client relationships that were mutually beneficial and enjoyable to manage. The hardest area was alternating between the proper state of mind to handle the tasks of Sales, Creative, Accounting, Events, Marketing, Social Media, or whatever else found it's way to my desk. But that's what I signed up for with this position and while challenging as it may have been I believe I'm a more rounded person because of it.

My one criticism would be that as a large corporation with such a vast oversight in operations the Ray's business unit went largely unmanaged on a number of occasions. The Ray's business was largely autonomous however as a part of a larger operation having management check-in and give oversight from a top-down vantage point could have immensely helped focus and streamline our unit.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to spread positivity and joy while making an honest dollar-- that's what I saw every day at Trek and Ray's.
Awesome company but not much opportunity for advancement.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 11, 2016
Monday through Wednesday are mandatory 10 hours, if needed. Smaller scales warehouse that gets you involved. Opportunity to learn the ins and outs of operations. Most of the supervisors are related in some way or have been close friends for years, so there is a conflict of interest there. Co-workers tend to be awesome but the good ones tend to leave for one reason or another. Nepotism and favoritism is a problem, making it the hardest part of the job. Also makes people believe that there is not much opportunity for advancement. Relatively easy job, that allows you to work independently.
Pros
Relatively easy
Cons
Meager bonuses
enjoyed working for trek
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WIAugust 15, 2016
had a great super and lead, work was none stop, the team that I was on was like family, the hardest part of the job was trying to please people that had no idea of what they wanted made or done, the best parts of the job seeing all my hard work being use day to day
Pros
the boss and lead i had alway had a plan for the day
Cons
hr
Fun place to work.
Service Dept Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 13, 2016
This is an excellent job to have, but not exactly a career.
I love the people and making relationships with the frequenting customers and other employees. And the mechanical aspect of the jib was fun in itself. The reason I left was because there was no where to advance to.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No room for advancement
Great People, OK Company
management (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, WIJanuary 19, 2016
Improving communication and many nice perks, especially for those interested in cycling and being actively fit.

Everyone does not matter and opinions of a few influence outcomes rather than facts and actual contributions.

Many great people, too few are actually valued.
Pros
product discounts, on-site fitness, cafe and clinic, nice retirement plan
Cons
high health care cost, micro management of budgets leads to reduced entrepreneurial spirit
Fun and challenging work environment
Business Intelligence Developer (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, WIJanuary 12, 2016
I started at Trek 19 years ago as an RPG programmer, working with the HFA ERP system, with an emphasis on the accounting systems.

I have moved into the Business Intelligence world from the ERP world.

The management at Trek is pretty hands off.

My co-workers at Trek have been great over the years and have always provided assistance when needed.

The hardest part of the job is the ever changing technical skills that are required.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that we are able to ride bikes during the working day, for exercise.
Enjoyable work with good benefits for the outdoorsman
Advanced Composites Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WINovember 29, 2015
Most of the training for this job was done on the fly and if you didn't know how to do something or where something was, all you had to do was ask and the other employees were usually glad to help you out. Tasks often had to be sought out by speaking with co-workers. There was an emphasis on asking "how can I help" and taking the extra step to help out others. The pay was pretty low, but there was access to some pretty amazing deals on just about anything you could want outdoors related which made up for it.
productive and recreative
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WINovember 10, 2015
clean work place to work ,the most interesting part was working in same place with my husband. meet a good japanese friend,
Pros
the first years the management was great
Cons
too many changes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trek Bicycle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight