TRELLEBORG

TRELLEBORG Employee Reviews

United States92 reviews

hotlonggoodpaycareplacebenefithour

Great company

I really enjoy working here. The GM is an amazing guy who really cares about his employees. He likes hard workers and people to put in effort. A lot of hard working people.

Poor management

Management wastes no time in telling you they have no problem replacing you, when they dont know the job themselves. They have no issue writing YOU up for THEIR faulty machines. They have no issue crediting attendance points against you, if you have to leave for a family emergency, funeral, or being sick (8 point system, .5 point for leaving early)

Pros

Pto

Cons

20 Min breaks, hot, point you for being sick or even 1 minute late

TRELLEBORG insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Awful

First shift is expected to do all the work while second and third just relax. Supervisors and management do t know a thing about the machines and the curing press is a very dangerous machine.

Trelleborg is a great company to work for

- Trelleborg has amazing systems in place for onboarding and training. Their IT/computer systems are streamlined, nothing is complex, everything organized, never seen a company this organized on that end. - promote work/life balance, as long as you are growing sales 15% or so, they will be very happy. - Pay could be better, but at same time they don't demand the world so if you have a drive to be a top performer and be the best, this company might not be a fit for you.

Pros

Work/life balance, great training, company is organized

Cons

Pay a little on the low end

Fun work environment but not much room for advancement

I like working here, the people are awesome but for me personally, its not my goal and dream job. Not much room for advancement, people in this industry typically are older and have been here longer, they've advanced way before you get here so don't expect many promotions. Pay and benefits are good.

Pros

Work enviroment

Cons

No growth opportunities

What is the best part of working at the company?Decent payWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Constant bending, strectching, and bending over. The work is very strenuous extremely hot inside. Risk of injury extremely high. 6 day work week.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The employees are very hardworking and friendly. The management is not competent. They were constantly over-ordering, or didnt know what stock they needed or where it was, or when it needed to go out. More than half would be sent back as rework.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Walk in a 5 am. Set up the extrusion machine, handling very hot materials, in a hot building. Clean off and push into place carts that were very very heavy. Set the length on cutter. Go in the back and sling slabs of rubber onto a cart for hours. You get a 20 min break every 3 hours for days that might be 16 hours long. If you need to get water or use the restroom, you need to have someone cover you. Theres only 6 people in your area

Loved working here - would go back in a heartbeat

Loved working here and would go back in a heartbeat if I didn't move to another state. Great support from supervisor and management. Fun environment and supportive co-workers. HR was helpful and caring. Work/life balance was great, they didn't force overtime. My shift was 5am-3:30pm M-Th, with no weekends or holidays. The company did fun events and supported its employees.

Pros

work/life balance, fun environment, supportive management / supervisor / coworkers, it was a real team, promotion was up to you and getting signed off on different skills, clean environment, fun company events

Cons

Repetitive motion, sometimes I burned my hands on the hot materials or molds (my fault)

Too many hours to work

They make you work 10 hrs a day 7 days a week sometimes. It's a hard job too learn easy to make mistakes. Some coworkers are backstabbers and blame mistakes on you even if it wasn't.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Very hot in factory 120D or higher too much overtime

Has some positives but mostly negative.

Poor management. Constantly screaming and yelling at workers in front of everyone. Only good things was the 3 weeks of PTO. Pay could be better. Don't trust just anyone here everyone is a snake and will rat you if that person doesn't like you or like what you did.Best day was the day I was hired and the day I quit.

Hate my job

Short breaks (10 min, 20 lunch, 10 min). Management treats people badly, the plant does not care about people at all, working 7 days a week until a holiday comes up, they ask so much of you without anything in return

Pros

Other workers are great, decent vacation time I guess

Cons

Short breaks, bad management, bad hours

This place is fairly new. Great job and great work environment. The pay is good and the hours are good. Rarely work overtime. Great management and the pay is good for what you do.

Nice building and bennifits

The guy that trains for the shipping supervisor job is a big joke. The new supervisor will never have control of his department and associates. He will set you up for failure.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Long hours and 6 to 7 day schedule

This company was my family

I started out as a machine operator. I worked under great supervisions, i worked with great people. I can't explain a bad day. I went from machine operator to maintenance. I love this place

Pros

The people I worked around

Cons

I have no cons

Laid off out of the blue

I left a 25 year career to take this job closer to home. It was an ok job while it lasted (6 years), but was laid off without warning. During my first year the company was raided by DCIS and the former principals were convicted of collusion and bid-rigging (pre-Trelleborg days).

No systems in place, run as a fraternity

If you become a part of the management clique, you'll love working here. The culture is toxic.The company has very little in the ways of systems or accountability.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

little to no training, pretty much a sink or swim in shark infested waters situation. Expect to be shown where your workstation is, but that’s about the extent of the training you’ll get.

Pros

I no longer work there

Cons

I wasted over a year of my life there.

Fair

Good pay . Co workers were great. The company only cared about the bottom line. Rarely saw management unless it something was wrong. Plenty of favoritism.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Horrible management

Unsafe work environment

I was hired through a temp company. It was hard work, and we were understaffed which resulted in mandatory overtime. I wasn’t provided any PPE such as safety glasses or gloves which caused lime to get in my eyes with contacts. Asphalt is hot and will burn your hands if you hold it longer than a few seconds. Lime is a alkaline and very high on the PH scale. It has chemical reactions with water. My eye was glued shut for 5 minutes. I quit on site a hour later due to this. Other than that, it has very low pay for the amount of difficulty during the job. You can make more than this amount at any fast food place. Extreme weather conditions, fast paced but you are assigned different jobs which helps with complacency.

Pros

Different jobs

Cons

PPE is not provided, fast paced, extreme weather, poor pay

The heat is unbearable and mix with fiberglass, other than that company is good

When Trelleborg was open, it was actually a great company to work for, night shift was another story. If Trelleborg would’ve installed the Big Fans in the shop would have made the experience way better. I didn’t have any real complaints about Trelleborg, we had a good crew

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Extreme Heat/ Itchy Fiberglass/flip flop hours

No time off

When I worked there we worked long periods without a day off, management was shady, and favoritism abounded, Maybe things have changed but couldn’t stand that job

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Hours, unappreciated

Molder

Work-life balanceThat overtime is only mandated twice a month and that you only are required to work 6 hours .Pay & benefitsGreat opportunities to move up top out pay over 20 per hourManagementGreat HR staffOverallGreat place to work paid training and also great work environment climate controlled facility . Job security union shop. Work home balance is good because you can bump shifts and overtime can be picked up at your leisure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRELLEBORG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare TRELLEBORG with

TRELLEBORG reviews by popular job title

• TRELLEBORG
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?