Tremco Incorporated Employee Reviews

Very productive
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2018
The work day is basically the same on a daily basis. I learned a lot about making color adjustments to the different types of materials we produced. The management was fare.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
The operated on a point system
Large Company, Many Responsibilities, Compensation falls below Level of responsibility
North American Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 27, 2018
Large company that is good to work for in the beginning then the work, responsibilities and expectations grow quickly. I normally work a 10-11 hour day which increases drastically (70+hours) during planning season. Communication is an issue even in a small department. On too many occasions I have been expected to learn and execute new (to me) and complex operations and functions without the any forewarning. This only adds hours and frustration to a workday.
Pros
Bonus program
Cons
Lack of communication
Tremco
Business Leader- New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 2, 2018
Learned and was exposed to a great number of information and business ideas. Has helped me in a number of interviews with all the different positions I was able to have.
Fast Paced Environment
Roofing (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 26, 2018
Work days are long and you determine how much you work or do not work.
Must be self driven.
Learn new things everyday about the low-slope roofing industry.
Management has to much of an analytical thinking process.
Workplace culture is at an all time low right now. Rep moral is low.
There are new internal hurdles everyday with this job. Corporate is finding more and more ways to do whats easiest and best for them while providing minimal support to the reps.
Working with client and solving their problems is the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
pay, hours, benefits
Cons
minimal rep support at a corp level, culture and moral is low
A typical day was dirty and sweaty. I Came away from Tremco with a new set of skills that I appreciate. Overall a fairly reasonable place to work.
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHApril 3, 2018
A typical day was dirty and sweaty. I Came away from Tremco with a new set of skills that I appreciate and take to a new job. Overall Tremco is a fairly reasonable place to work.
Pros
good benefits, great coworkers, and management
Cons
some lines and machines were much harder than some but all paid the same, they could pay more to the workers who run some of their more challenging lines.
Sucess in direct relationship to reward.
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Managed all aspects of a Regional Sales territory. Sold product to the new Commercial construction industry. Worked out of home office and traveled extensively in car. Excellent and immediate support from Corporate facility and staff.
Pros
Effort in direct relation to reward.
Cons
Limited advancement opportunity.
Good interaction with coworkers
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHNovember 6, 2017
Enjoyed my work environment. Tested sealants that passed for quality. Wrote reports based upon results observed. Learned to use a variety of testing machines.
Easy going but very professional workplace
Roof cleaning/Diesel Truck Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, nyOctober 20, 2017
When working here you become part of the family, everything you do is supervised and professional, management is extremely helpful and the team team you work with make your time there memorable and fulfilling
Data Integrity & Pricing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHOctober 19, 2017
Great place to work. I learn something new almost every week and I enjoy working with my team. My manger is fair and always encourage me to strive for more.
Kettle Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 5, 2017
I enjoyed working at Tremco and would gladly go back if I could receive my pay at leaving. I voluntarily ended my employment due to unforeseen circumstances. A decision I regret to this day. I really enjoy batch making. Its my chosen field and what I want to do for the rest of my life
Pros
great place to work
Terrible work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHJune 21, 2017
Corrupt management, long hours and low pay. I would only advise working here if you are truly desperate. Go find another job anywhere else. They have no respect for the sacrifices of the working class and will throw you under the bus whenever it suit them.
Pros
Cons
long hours, low pay, no respect
A+ Roofing company
Assistant Regional supervisor Great Lakes region (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OH 44122June 18, 2017
Working for Tremco has been an honor. With the market of roofing and waterproofing materials, Tremco has become a world renown corporation. A medical condition has forced me to leave the roofing career.
Pros
Never out of work
Cons
Old Company with an outdated culture and plan
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 8, 2017
This company is old school. Too old school. The management of this company is way out of touch with the real world competition in the marketplace and way out of touch with how to approach the modern construction industry.
Pros
bonuses if you can sell
This was the start of my new found carer
Facilities Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 8, 2017
I was made the site manager of maintenance by way of promotion. I excepted the challenge and proved myself to be qualified to run the maintenance operation for the Air Force base.
horrible supervisors
Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 30, 2017
Horrible supervisors , hostile environment , low pay , terrible conditions , people cant give answers , communication is terrible , all sub contractors , no one takes any responsibility
Pros
nothing
Cons
all
Great family
Roofer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 12, 2017
This is a great family, the time worked in this company every body talk to me like family ( respect ) plus I learn every day about new systems, products, aplications and more.
Good job for people without fear of heights
Roofing Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2017
Good job if you are not afraid of heights. decent hours, work/life balance. good environment non hostile. employees seem generally ok with everything they do and have i.e. hours, pay, tools, responsibilities etc.
Pros
good pay
Cons
dangerous heights
Great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 8, 2017
Typical day projects running office flow. Clean and respectable work environment. Pressure free environment. Great health benefits, room to move up, extensive training.
Great place
Field Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 8, 2017
The pay is great and the work environment is even better. I liked the guys I worked with and I liked the management. Only problem was the amount of time spent out of town.
Poor working conditions
3rd Shift Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 6, 2017
No respect to employees. Supervisors are inadequate, usually wouldn't get a job at Burger King. Illiterate, unable to make decisions unless they call someone else first.
I feel they are scared to discipline incase they themselves are brought to higher management's attention.
They pay low wages, which is there way to force employees to work overtime.
Most of all, in my experience they have very little reguard for safety. Unless it happens right in front of them, then they don't want to know.
I give Tremco .5 out of 10 for being a good company.
Pros
Plenty overtime
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tremco Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.