Trend Micro Inc. Employee Reviews

great company to work with
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CASeptember 4, 2018
Great company to work with, very good in training and motivate employees' to work together and achieve same corporate goal. I have learned a lot thru my working experience here.
Great place for someone earlier in their career.
Security Analyst / Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXAugust 14, 2018
The company is great for someone in the earlier stages of their career. The pay will be higher than most companies offer and theres so many options to further your knowledge taking training or working hard learning products. It will definitely keep you busy. However, if you're later in your career and you're chasing money first knowledge second this may not be a good place for you. Raises are rare but are given out yearly but doesn't match the market compensation. So, a lot of people here tend to leave for more money after a year or two. The company has real potential to be even better if they gave bigger raises to employees to make them stay. But such is life. Great company, great culture, good people but the raises are not so good.
Pros
Good people, great staff and great knowledge
Cons
Raises and compensation are a bit lower norm.
Good if you're just starting out.
TAM/CSM (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 8, 2018
Huge Company.
Lots of opportunity if you're just starting out.
Pay is above par.

Not a lot of upward growth available, but it does happen.
If you're in the US, you will not receive a raise. Raises come with advancement, advancement doesn't really happen much.

Keep your head down, do your work, and you'll be paid fairly and have excellent benefits.

(Bonus advancement if you're Canadian though)
Pros
Great Pay. Unreal benefits. Employees are fun to work with
Cons
You're just a number
Multitasking
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2018
You are required to multi-task always working at Trend Micro. Salary is not competitive with others but work and life balanced. Great coworkers. A lot of decisions are bottom up.
Productive and fun workplace.I had the chance to have a training and travel abroad.
Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 18, 2018

My colleagues are very supportive, technically adept and easy to work with.
Great place to coast at a low salary if you want that
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 13, 2018
This job was a big step down for me, and it was not challenging. Benefits are O.K. at best, but cheap in some ways. Very loud work environment leads to low productivity. Not very busy at times, which leads to somewhat unprofessional behavior from co-workers.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
Have to report in at work every day although you can easily do your job from home (VPN), Loud and distracting work environment, Low-level very myopic work.
Great Environment
Quality Assurance Immersion Trainee (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 27, 2018
-enjoyable team buildings
-you work and reviewed as a team
-work life balance
-very good environment for entry level
as much as i want to come back i would love too
Pros
do better opportunities to be promoted better
Cons
less opportunities give to loyal employees
Interesting Work environment
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Latin AmericaMarch 27, 2018
The company has great benefits and they pay well compared to the market for my assign territory.

But there is a big gap in communication and lack of leadership. We have two managers and they tend to provide different paths to follow. It's not a sales organization so the basics of expectations or account controls don't exist. The Sales Director is a good guy but is not a sales person and is confuse as where to provide support. Honestly I feel it's very sad as the products are great with interest from end users in purchasing them.
Pros
People overall are great and tend to support each other.
Cons
No leadership and lack of communication
Great Workplace
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 2, 2018
A typical day at work will be evaluating accounts for clients by using salesforce. I will use an excel spread sheet for to registered the accounts The workplace culture is working independently.
Good life work balance
Senior Front-End Developer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Best of both worlds. Good for those who want the typical 9 to 5 and the innovators who want to make the initiative to better the products and themselves among peers. Management is very supportive of the employee and encourages them to innovate and produce. You get what you put in.
fun at work good people
Senior Data Center Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJanuary 25, 2018
very flexible as job position requires to work off-hours/weekend at times
managers are very generous / diversity of employment
good benefits
industry leading products
Fun and challenging place to work
Channel Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 3, 2017
Great interaction between all employees and management. A lot of fun incentives offered for achievement of set goals. Very good at making sure employees have a good work/family life balance.
Grear
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 29, 2017
This job was excellent with job advancements l, greatly hours and friendly staff. Love to go to work everyday l. I recommend this company to alot of friends
Trend has great company culture
Business Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2017
Love this company. I wanted to be hired full time but only a contractor.
This company is always doing things for their employees. The people are friendly. the work environment is relaxed.
Could Be Great Place to Work In Right Position
Sales & Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJune 27, 2017
I was hired into a program that I do not think was appropriately developed yet. The position was inaccurately described, and this ultimately lead me to apply for a job I had no business applying for. There are a ton of perks at working at Trend Micro. Many of the employees are fun and friendly. There is always free food, and at first glance Trend is a great company to work for.. It did not work out for me, but I would not totally dismiss them.
Pros
Abundance of free food, AMAZING benefits, 3 weeks of time off a year
Cons
Poor management
Great team
Regional Account Manager - West (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 14, 2017
Great management and team. Products generally kept pace with competition and security threats. Very successful selling to T-mobile and other large enterprise.
Great benefits, so-so management
Director (Former Employee) –  Main USA officeApril 19, 2017
Would consider returning to work at Trend if I have the opportunity to in the future. New Canadian management is not very inspiring and employees were mostly demoralized. I hope that changes soon.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
New management has demoralized main office
Relaxed enviroment
Inside Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 18, 2017
Overall great company, but pay structure and commissions could be better. Commission is level across the board versus determined by individual territory.
Educated People and Company & had some perks.
Team Supervisor / Lead-Senior Spam Investigator (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAOctober 18, 2016
I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. The pay was okay and good benefits. Had Ping Pong, Pool Table, and free perks in the break rooms.
Pros
I liked my job and the people I worked with.
Cons
Management didn't have a clue how to run our department, what the word value meant, Culture appeared to be one sided.
It was my dream job
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 25, 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company. My team was amazing and I loved the work we did. The company's vision is great and they were constantly changing to keep up with the fast paced technology in today's world. All of the changes were for the best and I loved growing with the company and adapting with the change.
Pros
Teammates, management, job responsibilities, constant change for the better
Cons
I moved out of the state and leave the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trend Micro Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about