Tres Amigos Employee Reviews

Tres Amigos
Server (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 24, 2019
Overall, Tres Amigos was a nice and respected place for families to come in and eat lunch or dinner. It was a learning experience for me to excel my customer service and money handling skills.
Lots of drama and favoritism
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 9, 2019
My managers were really really sweet when you are on their good side, and I was for the first year. I was promoted and started working more with them and realized that many things were wrong. They don’t take care of the restaurant very well, things break all the time and you learn to deal with funky smells and leaks and broken nozzles. The worst part is the favoritism. Managers have their favorites and if you’re not on their good side, you will know when you have the worst shifts, side jobs, and are generally pushed a little harder than the rest. Just today my coworker was triple sat in the last thirty minutes because my manager that was closing is known to not like her much. She wasn’t even next in rotation. They do things like this all the tome and if you ever ask for a raise or anything they literally laugh at you.
Fast paced, great way to emprove social skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Christoval, TXMarch 19, 2019
I was able to understand more while working here, this consists of keeping up with money and was also more social with the community. Working in this store was fun and I was very connected with a variety of costumers.
Great experience developing the menu and authentic food
Kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Stowe, VTFebruary 9, 2019
Energetic environment
Fast pace
Creative learning environment
Challenging to serve the customers in a timely manor
Able to be creative
Able to help design the kitchen, for this was a new build out.
Pros
Menu developement
Cons
Long commute winter driving
Great place to work at
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at Tres Amigos it was always busy, employers get along, mangers help when place gets busy on holidays, you get paid really well plus tips
Friendly fast paced work environment, team effort
Server (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 14, 2018
a Typical work day includes going into work and completing the side work/prep work for your assigned section that day, then you begin the work by greeting, seating, and caring for customers. This starts by taking an appropriate amount of chips, salsa, silverware, and straws to the table as well as taking down an order for drinks and appetizers. Upon taking the drink order, obtaining legal identification of age may be applicable when alcohol is requested. After returning with the drink orders, it’s typically asked if the customer is ready to order, if they respond with a yes then the server then takes down the order being sure to do so accurately. If the customer is not ready, the server is encouraged to ask if they have any questions that may help them come to a decision or simply offer to check back. If the order has been taken, the server then enters the order into the computer for the kitchen staff. If the order is not taken, check back periodically until the customers are ready, then follow the same steps as if the order was taken upon the first visit back to the table. Servers then are required to fill drinks, and chips until the customers order is ready. When the order is ready the kitchen notifies with a bell and servers then go retrieve their dishes from the counter and take them to their tables. Once the food is all out, servers ask if there’s anything else they can get and respond accordingly. Then, servers check back to ensure all food came out corrext and to the liking of the customer. Continue checking back to make sure things remain satisfactory throughout the  more... meal, clearing plates and providing refills when necessary. As the table finishes up, offer them desserts and prepare the dessert when necessary. If they decline offer the checks and print the check out to be placed on the table. Let the customer know they may pay at the front and encourage them to enjoy their day and come again. At the end of the shift, servers complete all side work and closing work for their sections including sweeping, mopping, cleaning and on some occasions stocking  less
Pros
Free meal on shift with steak and shrimp dishes being half priced, flexible scheduling, friendly staff and management
Cons
Unpredictable tip amounts based on businesses pace that day
nice place to work.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAFebruary 13, 2018
nice place to work. very busy. good co workers. management was very nice and very kind. loved working here. almost the best job I have ever had. fun environment.
Productive yet laid back work place
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hebron, INFebruary 2, 2017
I liked working at Tres Amigos because I had experience prior and it was close to home. Would not say that I would work here again because I was not making enough money to provide for my home.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Splitting tips
Exciting
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 30, 2016
Chef Vargas is still my all-time favorite boss I've ever had. Very understanding and kind gentleman. It was always a great time, even on the slow nights, regulars would always come in and turn my night around. I loved it.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Money was inconsistent
Great work place, with great owners
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 5, 2016
The owners and coworkers are the best! The actual job it's self was less than desirable. Would still be working there but I had to move.
family oriented
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 22, 2014
great company the owner made sure you know your job title and position.
Pros
some times free luch
Cons
no insurance
Relaxing, Locally owned, nice home town feel.
Food Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2014
My first job, so not much to compare it too,
Easy going, Didn't get along with staff to well. but i loved the costumer base so i stated for 16 months
Great place to grow up.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2013
I learned most of my management skills from this company. I learned how to balance my personal life from my work life.