Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare Employee Reviews

Horrible and I was put in dangerous situations with clients
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 3, 2019
Very stressful work environment. Upper management had unrealistic expectations of case workers. They were more concerned with numbers less about individual needs of each client.
Pros
I learned a lot about myself and what levels of stress are not healthy
Cons
Dangerous work environments. Office morale very low.
Productive with clients.
Mental Helath Case Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 2, 2019
I feel as if this is a great job and I would recommended this job to anyone who is in the area. The only thing that I am experiencing is problems with coworkers and poor communication other than that this is a great job to grow. There is room for advancement however I don't see the managers,supervisors, or doctors leaving their job titles anytime soon.
Great place to work while working on Masters Degree
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXDecember 22, 2018
I am a current employee and I love my job. It allows me to grow clinically and professionally as I work on my Masters and LPC. Working with the clients are great, and I like being able to set my own schedule. No micromanagement being that I work in the field which is great for me. I see lots of people complaining about the required monthly units for billable time with the clients. Although we are helping the clients this is still a business. How do we bring in revenue if we don’t bill? I always get my units each month and it’s not hard to do. If you spend a lot of time working with your clients, the billable time is easy to obtain. I am thankful for my job giving me an opportunity to work in a clinical role with just a bachelors degree. Most places want a masters or higher. Lastly, being able to make a lasting impression with clients and helping them achieve their goals is the biggest reward.
Pros
Flexible, work with clients, educational opportunities
Cons
High mileage on personal vehicle
HR GENERALIST RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2018
This is a good place to work and i really enjoyed it. You become a part of a family when you work here. They also have a very good work life balance.
A great place to grow as a mental health professional
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I have greatly enjoyed my time at Tricounty as I have grown as a counselor and quality mental health professional. The work is always challenging and the clients are varied.
Pros
Professional Experience
Cons
Not a long term place to work
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Often a hostile work environment due to Supervisors' management style.
Lots of pressure to make money with not enough focus on the individual client services.
Employees are often hired for one job, but made to do something different once employed.
LOTS of turnover.
HR is not responsive to employee complaints.
Pros
Co-workers were great people to work with.
Cons
Supervisors micromanage and belittle employees; All about the billing
Poor work environment
Child & Adolescent Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 25, 2018
I was really excited initially to work here, but shortly after I entered into the work environment I knew it wasn't a place that I could work at long term. Being there only a few months, I had seen at least 10 people come and go. There was very low morale in the work place, there was no appreciate, and everything felt like we had to meet a goal as opposed to making a difference.
great place to work if you've been there more than 10 years
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 24, 2018
do not really seem to trust their employees. longevity seems to be rewarded with blind loyalty at times. It can be very stressful and there is lots of resistance to chance
Great Place!!!
PETC Utilization Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 23, 2018
I worked for Tri-County for over 6 years and was thrilled to go to work each day. While working there I was promoted and given opportunities to develop my clinical stills and leadership. The management team is stable and works harder than anyone else to grow and promote their mission. Tri-County truly cares for the clients and for their staff. I always felt supported and knew that as long as I worked hard and did what I was supposed to do my supervisor and management would have my back. Tri-County is like a second home to me and the employees are like family.
A good place to work - no two days are alike
Manager of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work - great people and decent benefits. Always felt like I was part of a valued team. Everyday was different and each day brought a new challenge. I never complained of boredom - it doesn't exist there.
Pros
Paid time off, new challenges
Cons
No room for advancement from position in maintenance
it is ok.
Child and Adolescent Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 6, 2018
very stressful, very numbers driven, and high stress and everyone only cares about the numbers. the people are nice, and you will love your clients, but it is sooo easy to be burnt out.
Pros
great learning enviroment
Cons
high stress.
Home like setting.
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 18, 2018
Working with the consumers was most enjoyable. It was a weekend position Friday thru Sunday. There was flexibility to take them on community outings and visit with family. The hardest part of the job was keeping the peace between the consumers at times. Some showed behaviors so getting them to get along just came with the job. Management didn't work on weekends so communication was via email or phone. The company was enjoyable overall and I became a more humbled and patient person because of the job.
Pros
freedom to workout with supervision
Typical day
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 12, 2018
Provides psycho social rehab and case management needed for adults living with mental illness. Involves traveling to client's homes, in the community.
Cons
no real breaks, 80 % driving
Variety of clliemts and acuity
Psychosocial rehab specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 25, 2018
Working in a positive environment , you can utilize skills and there is opportunity for growth.
Individuals have a strong support team to help you out as need to.
Pros
Pto
Review
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, great values and great people, and my last supervisor was the best I had ever had. They even have a special donation program for the clients Christmas presents every year and many other awesome volunteer events.
Very Stressful and Overworked
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Management is horrible!!! They are unethical, sneaky, petty and unfair! This company does not value employees, or appreciate their efforts. Employees are frequently overworked, unable to take much needed breaks, lunches or much needed time off. Management does not appear to encourage upward mobility and does not consider employee education/certification an asset.
Pros
Workers are compassionate/caring and educated.
Cons
Management is horrible!!!
summer job
Helper (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 25, 2017
Its a really good job. I enjoy helping children with the progressing and development of growth. we helped them to move forward with life to become successful and to become a product member to the society. the children are our future
very productive
Maintenance Supervisor/Lawn crew (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 7, 2017
I learned alot, hot hard work, very demanding on the body, made good friends while I was there,enjoyed the people I worked with, there is room for improvement.
Pros
Pto
Cons
not enough help/short handed often
Great Programs
Administrator of IDD Services (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 17, 2017
Tri-County often goes above and beyond to help clients that are in need. Tri-County puts a great deal of recourses back into the community where they are needed that most
Pros
Approacable Administration
Cons
State Requitements tend to cloud the mission statement
A hard working company with its clients best interest in mind
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 29, 2017
The typical day for me was to go to the office pick up my work orders.
Have a short conference with my boss to learn the priority listing for the current work orders. Then leave to for the rest of the day to take care of most if not all work orders in a timely matter. But this is unlike most or any other positions so i'm not sure this will help.
Pros
Great pto options

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight