Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great Place!!!
PETC Utilization Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 23, 2018
I worked for Tri-County for over 6 years and was thrilled to go to work each day. While working there I was promoted and given opportunities to develop my clinical stills and leadership. The management team is stable and works harder than anyone else to grow and promote their mission. Tri-County truly cares for the clients and for their staff. I always felt supported and knew that as long as I worked hard and did what I was supposed to do my supervisor and management would have my back. Tri-County is like a second home to me and the employees are like family.
A good place to work - no two days are alike
Manager of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 13, 2018
Great place to work - great people and decent benefits. Always felt like I was part of a valued team. Everyday was different and each day brought a new challenge. I never complained of boredom - it doesn't exist there.
Pros
Paid time off, new challenges
Cons
No room for advancement from position in maintenance
Home like setting.
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 18, 2018
Working with the consumers was most enjoyable. It was a weekend position Friday thru Sunday. There was flexibility to take them on community outings and visit with family. The hardest part of the job was keeping the peace between the consumers at times. Some showed behaviors so getting them to get along just came with the job. Management didn't work on weekends so communication was via email or phone. The company was enjoyable overall and I became a more humbled and patient person because of the job.
Pros
freedom to workout with supervision
Typical day
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 12, 2018
Provides psycho social rehab and case management needed for adults living with mental illness. Involves traveling to client's homes, in the community.
Cons
no real breaks, 80 % driving
Review
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company, great values and great people, and my last supervisor was the best I had ever had. They even have a special donation program for the clients Christmas presents every year and many other awesome volunteer events.
Very Stressful and Overworked
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Management is horrible!!! They are unethical, sneaky, petty and unfair! This company does not value employees, or appreciate their efforts. Employees are frequently overworked, unable to take much needed breaks, lunches or much needed time off. Management does not appear to encourage upward mobility and does not consider employee education/certification an asset.
Pros
Workers are compassionate/caring and educated.
Cons
Management is horrible!!!
Productive Workplace
Psychosocial Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 9, 2016
This job taught me a lot about case management, and scheduling. The most enjoyable part was helping clients that could not help themselves. I learned more about health insurance claims, medications and diagnosis.

The bad part is that they wanted you to mainly just talk to the clients about their mental state which would sometimes irritate them to talk about that every time that you meet, especially if they have been seeing over three different case managers in the past two months. Even if you sit with them and talk to them for hours you cant bill them for that time because you are not teaching any "skills" which is really messed up if you and the client have great conversations without talking about their mental illnesses.

The nosey HR lady will try to find anything to fire you for especially if their funding budget is low.

Overall, the job is not really worth it for the wear and tear on your car, but you meet a lot of great clients that you tend to become attached too.
Not Very Good
Psychosocial Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 18, 2015
This was a chaotic place to work. I did much driving to see mentally ill people which was wear & tear on my car every day, but they reimbursed me for the mileage. Sometimes the mileage check got lost because I was new and the lady who does the check said I didn't fill my form out right. I had to track it down. But eventually got it so it was good in the end.

More about the driving. They will let you use a Tri-county car if you need to, so you don't have to worry if your car is in the shop from all the driving. Which is a big plus. You can still work because they will give you a car.

One thing that bothered me. They didn't have enough money to pay every body all the time, so they would hassle people until they quit. Then they would leave the positions open until they could afford to hire new people again. So here's the bad part. You could do the work of two or three people or get a bunch of people that needed every thing done that nobody had done in a long time. It's not really what I went to college for! Unprofessional, bad management.

What I learned from this job is that I need a more professional work environment to be happy at my job.
Pros
company car if you need it, mileage, some nice people
Cons
All the driving, wear and tear on car, many expectations, not enough money for what you do

Want to know more about Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare?

Ask a question