Tri-county Community Action Agency Employee Reviews

They smile in your face
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandOctober 10, 2018
And talk behind your back.. sound like high school? NOPE. That's admin and management! They are all in a click and attend meetings all day leaving your coworkers to manage everything and anything. TEAM WORK? There is no team.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Too many call outs allowed
Great Job Opportunity
Office Intern/Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIApril 24, 2018
This job was a great way to start a career right out of high school. A typical day at work was fast paced but also semi relaxed. It was a quiet work environment.
good
Internship (Former Employee) –  Henry County, KYFebruary 15, 2018
This is a nice place with nice people but while I was there I did not have enough work to do so I spent most of my time down with the seniors. I enjoyed being with the seniors. This however was not a place I would have a career at because there was not enough to do other then being with the seniors.
Pros
Nice people to work with, go at your own pace work, relaxing envirnment
Cons
not enough work to do at times
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, RI 02879February 2, 2018
A typical day was learning hard and soft skills. I was able to get an internship at URI. The hardest part of the job was getting up early, and then also driving to the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills that are applicable to other jobs and outside of my life.
Great management and co-workers
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Buckner, KYDecember 29, 2017
I enjoy working here but the pay is not the average pay for a RN. Very relaxed and flexible schedule and great hours. No holidays or weekends. This company does many great things for the surrounding
counties and feels family oriented.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Pay is below average
Domestic Violence
Relief Worker (Current Employee) –  South Boston, VAAugust 7, 2017
- paperwork
- learned more about domestic violence / SA , attitudes, case manager, VADATA
- calm, quiet environment
- most enjoyable working with families
Most enjoyable part of the job
parent educator (Former Employee) –  Center, TX 75935July 17, 2017
Is actually helping someone, working with parents and children and somehow making a difference in their life! I actually can continue my education while working with TCCA..
Challenging and Caring
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Augustine, TXFebruary 23, 2017
A challenge and a blessing to be able to assist someone in need. Currently assists nine counties with utility assistance and school when funding is available. Most of all, helping our elderly in our communities makes you feel great and appreciative
Pros
Client Assistance
Cons
Disabling some of the clients
Loved the Students and Staff
Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJNovember 14, 2015
I loved my position as Center Coordinator for Tri County Communication Action Agency. The children at the Head Start Program were so lovable. All of them were like little sponges eager to learn new skills everyday.

The staff that I supervised were also wonderful. I had a great experience being their supervisor. My pay was low, so I was able to enroll my own children in the program. That was a great benefit; being able to bring my children to work with me.
Pros
Able to bring my children to work with me
Cons
Low pay, unorganized agency
Benefit the children
Assistant Cook/Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJJune 20, 2015
Cook/Clean for 100+ children
All the different allergy types
Fun and helpful
Making sure every center got their food hot and on time
Cleaning for the next day
Pros
Benefit the children
Cons
Undercompensated for the work done
Helping people in Salem County
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJNovember 18, 2014
I enjoy every one I worked, I leaved to communicate with parents with a lot a problems. Managements was always polite and speak to you. The hardest part on the job was going out to do home inspections didn't know what to expect when you go to some ones home. The best part of the job was having holidays off.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
traveling
fulfilling job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAMarch 19, 2014
I enjoyed the job but the red tape and paperwork were not fun.
Productive and fun place to work in. Complete Care was very professional.
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJMarch 19, 2013
Productive and fun place to work in. Complete Care was very professional.
An awesome program that gives our children a Head Start in life. The Head Start children are overall great students when they leave our program.
Family Case Manager (Current Employee) –  South Boston, VAAugust 16, 2012
A typical day begins with a follow-up from the previous day. I complete what was not completed. I work on documenting any parent contact in files. I work on updating information that has occur ex. home visit log or any notes sent home to parents. I learned by updating my information constantly, I dont have to do it at the end of the month. therefore, my monthly and quarterly reports are easy to produce because the information is there. I make calls to setup home visits, make follow-up calls from home visits and calls due to unexcused absences.The management has taught me to always be prepared when asked for information pertaining to my case load.I have co-workers who are team players. When we are given an assignment, we all work together as a team to get the job done. The hardest part of my job is not having enough time in the day to help those in need. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a parents or parents have achieved a sense of self reliance. This makes me feel I had a hand in changing someone's circle of depending on public assistance.I feel my work is not in vain. I love helping people!!!
Pros
my job is very flexible when i have dr.'s appts., or if i need to attend my son's iep meeting or time off.
Cons
we only have 30 minutes for lunch.
Challenging work environment. Very helpful in honing communication, organizational and leadership skills.
Bridgeton, NJ (Former Employee) –  Center CoordinatorNovember 10, 2011
As a former supervisor for the Head Start Program, this job provided great experience in the field of early education. It also was ideal for learning about operating a nonprofit agency.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
chaotic workplace, low pay, no job training, no job security, long commute.