Tri-Dim Filter Corporation Employee Reviews

The company isn’t bad to work for. You do work more overtime than they say you do. Tri-Dim also has its points to where work falls off too.
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisa, VAJuly 29, 2019
The job isn’t bad at all. As long as you stay positive and get along with everyone around you, you will have a good experience. Like and factory it’s hot in the summer. They do have a dress code but it’s not that bad. Tri-Dim is a good place to work if you don’t mind working 5am-3:30pm or 3:30pm-2am
Not the best job I’ve had
A/C Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJuly 29, 2019
No options for advancement, pays decent to start but they expect too much for the pay. They expect you to go above and beyond your role as a service technician.
ok
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18106July 24, 2019
new owner fix old way of inv. rec shipping mangers need more hands on corp. need take control of things and fire mangers that don,t go co. rules easy work
Productive but relaxing work atmosphere
Pleat Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 26, 2019
Never had any issues with the job itself. The temps they hire can be lazy and have a bad attitude but that's what you get from the bottom of the barrel. The pay wasn't phenomenal but it was good for the task at hand. Upper management is always available to talk and listens to both sides of every story. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Atmosphere, coworkers, management, actually got breaks.
Cons
Hours, pay, gossip
No type of stress relief
Booth cleaner specialist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MIJune 13, 2019
There was a gym where u can go and work out at or even play basketball On your breaks if needed and or wanted but they took that away and it was all work!
Pros
Lunch break lengths wasn’t a big deal.
Cons
Management wasn’t as great as it could’ve been!
Management / Production
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Rockville, VAMay 10, 2019
The Rockville, Virginia plant was a joke. Management does not care if you are sick you better not miss a day from work.
I saw two people who were sick, One of those walking around with a mask and one without.
I had asked management how many days notice will they need for a doctor's appointment?
A week notice but one of the managers asked me how many doctor's do you go to in a year?
I have worked for a few companies in the past and today many are willing to work with you. Not this one !

They hover over their employees while the employees are trying to work.

Constant talking to you while you try to get the work done.
Constantly talking to other employees around you while you work and not about the job talk about anything.

I had another employee tell me the week before I started the job five people walked out do to the hovering over and talking.

It was like being gaurded in a prison.

You do not have enough work space on the production table to tuck and fold the filter frame box.
There are rivets in the table that are suppose to be flat but most are slanted and catchs the filter frame box and tares it.
Which then it is considered a damage which counts against you.
The rollers you shove the filters through to hold the sides to allow dry the roller catch the corners which damages the corners and counts against you.
Constantly changing gloves taring and glue. Mostly taring because the gloves are cheap.
Only allowed to use 4 pair a day ! But a whole box will go in a day.
The company apparently is not making enough money to provide thicker gloves.
You
  more... can go out and buy your own if you like and pay $20 a box for thick latex or non latex gloves.

I had employees over hear the two filter inspectors talking about how they wanted over time and how they could get it.
So the two constantly hover over the new people and constantly annoy to the point the new people just up and leave or say something to get fired.
Once the new people are out they have over time because the previous employees have to stay to make up the orders so theres their overtime.

That also explains the five people walking out the week previously before I started.

management has favorites and the two inspectors are the favorites one woman and one man. There is a younger man there as well but he don't bother no one.

Also there are filter pieces that go in between the box with wire and sometimes that is not cut correctly to fit inside the box and that causes more buldge once in the box and really hard to fold the box and glue it with a small table area and the box hangs off.

Nothing but a constant annoyance. It is not a good work environment.

Not much production going on must be contracted through a HVAC company making filters for them.

Won't be long before they close the doors money is tight
there for some reason they can't buy decent equipment or gloves and slow production tells me something is wrong.
Pros
Nothing to say
Cons
All of it is a con
dont like it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisa, VAApril 11, 2019
it's not a good place to start. i dont have much to say on that note.the job is good for a high school person starting out but not to keep .they get pushy when they are in high position . which is not good at all
Very good interview
manager (Former Employee) –  Louisa, VAMarch 14, 2019
Interview seemed promising, was even told to wait by the phone for a call back to interview with a higher up. Then nothing, not even a message from HR letting me know not to wait. I sent a follow up email and no reply. What happened?
Recent Management Changes made things much better!
filter assembler (Former Employee) –  Louisa, VAFebruary 17, 2019
A lot of changes in the past 2 months and the entire facility is much better. Management improvements, quality system upgrades, less drama and problems with co-workers breaking rules
Pros
teamwork, training improved, bad apples no longer around
Cons
still needed for OT but will still be there if not moving
i would work here again
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NCFebruary 1, 2019
I started as a industry cleaner and work my way up to team leader and I was over the 2nd shift and I had to make sure every thing got done and none of my workers was just walking around
Pros
Buy ur own
Cons
vaction paid, 401k, health insurance
Management, HR
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisa, VANovember 25, 2018
The office supervisor have no respect for employees, not trusting them to do their jobs and elementary behavior is allowed. Upper manager doesn't know what loeer is doing to thier employees.
Pros
Cons
HR does not follow proper procedures and nothing is kept confidential.
Poor place to work
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisa, VASeptember 27, 2018
Poor management team, cut throat workforce. Scheduled for four ten hour days, always worked Friday and Saturday. No life work balance. Total confusion on the production floor. Workforce’s don’t care about their job, just their paycheck. Low quality individuals work here. The best thing about Tri Dim is that I no longer work there. Thank you Jesus!!
Pros
Cons
Management, Hr, work hours, work conditions
Hard working attitude will take you far
Person (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 6, 2018
Fast advancement, if you are willing to work and outlast the coworkers. You get out what you put in. Start with staffing agency and work hard you are able to grow learning the process and lead by example.
ok job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 28, 2018
If you are a worker then more work is piled on. There is favoritism and there is cover up for the slackers as long as you are in with the lead. People are there forever. no room for advancement
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
no raises and advancement
Dont work here
Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisa, VAApril 24, 2018
Management sucks
A few friendly Co workers but most are self centered
Obnoxious "i do what i want" type people.
No discipline or accountability
No team work
Temp receptionist
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Louisa, VAApril 20, 2018
I worked as a Temp as a receptionist for 5 years thru a
staffing company. I enjoyed my time there, I was kept busy with answering phones and helping with the mailing of invoices from the
Accounting Department I would love to work as a temp again for this company.
Fast paced manufacturing facility
Clean Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisa, VAMarch 31, 2018
Very fast paced working environment where high efficiency filters for numerous applications were built. Working at least 10 hours per day, I learned the manufacturing process of air filtration, and the many applications that there were. The hardest part of the job was the lack of input that I was able to put into projects. The most enjoyable was seeing completed orders being shipped to customers, and the volunteer orders that were done to help with disaster efforts.
Pros
competitive pay, and great benefits
Cons
management didnt encourage employee input
Favoritism plays a factor
manufacturing (Former Employee) –  louisa, VirginiaMarch 10, 2018
Very stressful workplace. Too much drama. Management plays favoritism on a daily basis. If you are not in their circle they frown upon you and treat you unfairly. They expect too much out of you with the low income they provide. Their health coverage isn't all that great. Unappreciative of their employees. Unsafe work environment. Don't recommend working there at all. Very discriminating of their employees!
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
Favoritism, unsafe conditions, management, low pay
Good company to work for in Louisa
Part-time to Full time (Former Employee) –  Louisa, VADecember 11, 2017
I had a great boss at Tri-Dim filter. She was flexible with my hours. My benefits and my salary was fair at the time, and I was given a great opportunity to work with good people.
you get bones for christmas only
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2017
working there at tri-dim I would not likely recommend it but you do get to play your own play list ,if you have a Bluetooth. Management don't say or help you when you have a problem with a coworker and you would like to fix it but they don't think its bad.
Pros
for thanksgiving they bring food from an italien restaurante.
Cons
short braks not enough time to pre cook your lunch. They only have 2 microways, for 20 people and your lunch is only 30 min.