Tri-Starr Personnel

Tri-Starr Personnel Employee Reviews

United States23 reviews
I was only assigned to one location but worked multiple session of a similar project. Typical call center environment. Helpful staff when help was needed. Specific training for the new session of the project.
Pros
Good work environment. Temp to perm was possible.
Cons
As each session of the project wound down, it was difficult to stay busy.
They placed me in a job within 3 days after interview. Once 1st assignment was over placed me in another add within a week. Staff is very friendly and always contacts you.
Kept in constant contact with new opportunities and jobs. Via e-mail, text and phone calls.
Reached out to me directly when there was a job they thought I would be a great match for

Sent me a card when I had my baby!

Opportunity to earn generous gift certificate rewards through recruiting.

Opportunity to work at many various locations and learn new things

OR

many excellent Career focused opportunities for temp-hire.

Wish they would expand so I could work with them outside of Lancaster
Pros
Constant Opportunities
Tri-Starr Personnel has been very understanding and helpful with my experience. The team understands clearly what is needed from both sides of parties!
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I got in on the tail end portion of a large windows 10 migration project involving 1100 HP desktops. I was doing an average of 2 systems a day providing white glove service to clients and ensuring that their data was backed up before replacing their desktop PC's. I had a good manager within ITC and he set the team expectations from the start, it was a pleasure working for them and I would have accepted a full time position there but their base pay is low although I hear the benefits are good so it balances out. I needed money at the time over bennys so I went elsewhere but I would consider working there again in the future...
Pros
close to my home
Cons
random drug testing
Tri Starr has had a very successful business for 20 + years within the clerical and LI markets. In the past 8 years they have also expanded and really become the Go To for IT staffing in San Antonio. Their recruiters and Account Managers understand technology and know how to place the right technical competency with the right company. THIS IS TRULY UNIQUE!! Tri Starr has done a great job adapting to the competitive and innovative market that exists today in San Antonio. I get a lot out of the on going training and enablement programs that their leadership provides. This is a fairly new program for the company but top notch and helps the staff continue to grow in their respective skill sets.
Pros
Enablement and Resources to help you do your job
Quick job placement
Low salary

Nice and caring management

Manage works hard to help you with understanding roles.

Management very involved in daily coaching.
I really am not interested in giving a review, this was a great temporary company to work with and they tried and succeeded in finding me a permanent position.
I worked as a contract worker with Tri-Starr and I was trained to work as a check order representative on the Bank of America project, I left this position because I trained for five weeks for this position and after only to weeks of doing this job, I was told that I would have to re-train for another position because my position had been discontinued through Harland Clarke and Bank of America, I just did not want to sit through another six weeks of training in a classroom.
Pros
They had a hot meal cafeteria on site
Cons
Very cramped call center, very loud hard to hear clients over phone
June 26, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We will take what you said into serious consideration in the future!
I believe the staff were considerate and cooperative. They were willing to help you find a position that is best suited for you. At times, the pay isn't negotiable.
Pros
Ability to learning new skills
Cons
Pay is lower than expected
April 24, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to review. We are glad you had a positive experience with our staff!
I have learned a lot working for this company. I have enjoyed learning more about my job preference but am unable to advance any further in my current position.
A good place to work,
good pay,

managers are great

I would recommend to a friend

benefits

time off after you work certain number of hours

paid holidays
September 7, 2017
Thanks for writing such an honest review. We are glad to see you are happy at Tri-Starr Personnel.
When my job was ending and they knew it. They didn't even try to find me another job, except for one that I let them know that I do not like call centers. I did receive paid holidays after 1200 hours worked. After 1 year I got 5 days of paid time off, this is what they called it. I call it vacation. Since they did not call me after my last day, after 30 days of not working I lost all my time in with them and would have to start off. I called them every week to let them know that I was available.
Pros
after so many hours worked I got 6 different holiday pay from them.
Terrible company with zero benefits for there contractors which they wont even qualify for until 1 year of employment.
Management is either clueless or not present during day to day operations and will find creative ways to cheat both contractors and clients out of there money.
Pros
I no longer work there.
Cons
too numerous to mention.
Typical day would make cold calls and promote credit card services. Wasn't much too it, and I I didn't enjoy the job. It was really repetitive and that each call would take 2-3 minutes to finish which made the day go by slower.
All the agents are very helpful and are prompt to return phone calls to notify you of any changes and to give information. All in All service is great. I would recommend this agency to everyone interested in finding a great job.
Pros
prompt attention is given to job seeker.
Cons
healthcare
I will forever be grateful to the MedTek Group who took a chance and gave me my start in the Medical Recruiting arena 10 years ago now. Without that chance, I am not sure I would be where I am today.
Fun, always something new.
so much from computer, to meeting new people

great management

honest and team players

meeting new people on a daily basis.
Cons
Paying for Parking
I worked with this company literally for only 2 months. There were the most unprofessional, rude, lying people I've ever met. Literally the worst Temp agency I've worked for. So happy I left. Found a way better job with a way better pay rate.
Pros
Cons
Lowest Payrates of competitive companies, Only worry about themselves, record conversations and try to make you look bad.
TriStarr is a temporary personnnel placement organization under contract to the City of San Antonio. They assigned me to various City of San Antonio Departments throughtout the city for a specific time frame. Their ability to re-assign me within a few days after the competion of my duties with my currently assigned department was fantastic.
Pros
Good personnel counselor
Cons
It was awesome and knowledgeable..Employers always got back to me when I needed them. They are very helpful and kind.