Tri-State Expedited Employee Reviews

Not a growing company
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Millbury, OHMay 16, 2018
business levels are usually slow but may seem busy at times because they cannot keep employees. They do not give raises the technology is way behind the times. The management is confused. The overall morale of employees who have stuck it out for years is horrible.
Pros
They have heat and air conditioning
Cons
no raises, no room for advancement, management only thinks it a good idea if it is their idea.
Driving professionally is a great career.
Expedited Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  27681 Cummings Rd., Millbury, OH 43447February 10, 2018
Driving professionally is a great career. Very relaxing and enjoyable. They give you plenty of time to make your deliveries. And the pay is great. Very pleasant to work under.
Loved the open road.
Expedited Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Millbury, OHFebruary 10, 2018
Loved driving and loved being my own boss. Pay was great. Was able to meet a lot of people. Also driving all over the country was great. Got to see a lot of things.
tristate overall is a fairly decent company to work for
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Millbury, OHNovember 10, 2017
dispatchers are fairly helpful management doesnt listen to dispatchers has a high stress level but that is the type of job that it is dress code is relaxed there is a lot of pressure to get lods coverd training for new dispatchers is lacking
Awesome people
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 5, 2017
As a driver it is a great place to work they keep me moving and understand that road conditions and traffic is something us drives have no control over
Tri-State Expedited
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJune 25, 2017
I went to a plant and picked up automotive parts and delivered them. The management always called, and made sure things were going well with the load.
Dispatcher / Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Millbury, OH 43447April 11, 2017
Good company to work for; but has little opportunity for advancement. Overall, team members are great and enjoy working with them. Mid level management are great to work for and I have enjoyed my experience with them.
multitasking is a must
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 11, 2016
Fast paced. Must be able to multitask. Great math skills are needed. Coworkers are fun. Company picnic in the summer is great.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
business is slow
Exciting challenging work environment.
UPS Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Millbury, OHMarch 31, 2016
From tracking shipments in the morning, to booking and handeling issues in the afternoon with our valued customers, there was never a dull day. Every day was different. Co-workers were always easy to talk with, and willing to give information and help if needed! Every day was different and challenging, which kept my skills strong. Had to be able to multi-task every day with phone calls, emails, and instant messaging, you always had to be on your toes. I excelled in these work conditions, and always perform my best under pressure.
Pros
Always had something to do, was always busy
Cons
Sometimes so busy, you wouldn't get a break or a lunch.
unstable work environment
Customer Service/ dispatch (Current Employee) –  Millbury, OHSeptember 17, 2015
limited workers daily, minimal supervision. workers tend to get upset easily or irritated with others if work load becomes busy and take it out on other co-workers. environment seems a bit hostile. seems that there's no real one on one training that is needed to understand the complexity of the work.
Pros
eployee appreciation picknicks and free lunch incentives if met quota
I ran for this company a couple of different times, once as a 1 ton cargo van and once with a straight truck.
Independent Contractor - Driver (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 19, 2014
I absolutely loved this position. I was an owner/operator, initially running a one ton van over the eastern half of the US. This company offered you a load and then left you alone as long as they felt you were making good progress toward your destination. My second stint with this company found me running my own straight truck. YUCK.....Too many DOT rules and regulations.. It's not Tri-State's fault, they have to abide by the rules and make me do so as well.
Pros
Independent, owner/operator, no forced dispatch, no trouble with dispatchers
Cons
Second stint was forced to buy a straight truck as they were no longer accepting cargo vans
My own boss
Private Contractor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 10, 2014
Hardest is being away from my family. Enjoyable is the traveling and seeing the USA and Canada. Management is wonderful
Pros
Private Contractor
Cons
Over the road 8 weeks at a time.
Productive and quick learner, adaptable
Broker, translator, logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  Millbury, OHJune 13, 2013
It was a great place to work at, I learned alot about time management. One of the hard parts was being able to make control multiple calls at once but once you got used to it the day went fast.
Fun you were your own boss
Over the Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 7, 2013
Working with Tri-State Expedited is a good experience, they have great dispatchers.
Pros
your own boss, no one breathing down your neck
Cons
no time home was out 3-4 weeks at a time
Use to be a great place to work
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 3, 2013
I loved my job there, they just didn't pay what I needed them to.
drove truck with a 96 in condo sleeper
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Millbury, OHSeptember 3, 2012
Pick up a hot load and delivering to customer on time self employed no co worker being a way from home 3 to 4 weeks at a time
Pros
seeing the country
Cons
be by my self for long periods of time