Tri Counties Bank Employee Reviews

Tri Counties Bankis an excellent employer
Commercial Loan Underwriter III (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 14, 2019
Besides underwriting the most complex credits I have the following additional responsibilities:

Supervise Asset Based Lines.
Review financial spreads for accuracy.
Approve credits within my Lending Authority.
Provide assistance to Regional Credit Administrator and provide back up in their absence.
Assist in training new Credit Analyst & Underwriters.

The bank the provides excellent training opportunities.

The hardest part of my job is trying to reconcile poorly prepared financials.

The most enjoyable part of my job is learning about new industries and borrowers.
Pros
Management is very appreciative and fair.
Cons
Have had to work long hours at times.
Good Company to work for
Loan Serving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Tri Counties Bank is a good company to work for if you like to be very busy. The company has many growing pains just like any company would that is looking to grow.
Hostile work environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAFebruary 25, 2019
Want to work for a company that values sales over customer service? Then this company is the perfect place for you. They could care less whether the products you offered customers were right for them they just wanted you to open extra accounts for sales goals. The manager and assistant manager constantly argued and yelled in front of everyone. HR was called multiple times and forced meetings were had due to the hostility. I only worked there for 3 months and within that time frame I the other people in just that area quit because of how ridiculous the work environment was.
Pros
Inside a grocery store
Cons
"Break room" was basically a folding chair in a closet
Customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Various caFebruary 15, 2019
The customers are the best part of the job. Several of the employees are great to work with while others you definitely wonder how they survive. Management at branch level needs to remember customers feel tension when they walk through the door, turn over rate is extreme. Good employees stay with good management.
Productive workplace
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Penn Valley, CADecember 3, 2018
Working at Tri-Counties can be very fun and fast-paced. When trained properly and led by a well-rounded team, an employee can achieve a lot at this business.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Training can take a while
fun place to work at
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CANovember 13, 2018
Fast paced work, especially if you work at in-store branches. Fun place to work at. One has opportunity to advance. Pay increase is very little. Very competitive work environment. Have to be very social in order to succeed in such a line of work.
Pros
fun place to work at
Cons
pay inctease is little to non
It was a job
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, CASeptember 19, 2018
It was a job, but for the huge amount of stress of handling upwards of $50,000 of cash a day was not worth the $12-$13 and hour. Plus the idea of getting robbed and having a gun to may face was not worth the pay rate.
Steady Job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Downtown Grass Valley, CAAugust 16, 2018
My day as a Teller at Tri Counties starts at 8:30 am and ends at 5:30 pm, the days are Monday through Friday which is the best part. I have been there for almost a year now, it is a good job to pass the time until I find a new job with better pay. Very steady place to work, same things just a different day. Stressful at peak hours, boring at other times. Management is alright.
Not bad, but not great
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 8, 2018
Decent benefits, but difficult to promote. It seems like it is all about who you know. They are very sales focused, and expect sales goals to be met despite what felt like constant shortage of staff.
Structured but
Lead Proof Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 26, 2018
The typical night was the same each night. I really enjoyed this part of the job because it really allowed us to hone the nightly process and improve our production. Even though the department had the same responsibility each night there were always challenges that kept the job interesting.

Working in a "behind the scenes" department gave us the ability to dress casually (Shorts and t-shirts). We also were "the fun" department. During slower nights or when we had to wait on the carrier service to deliver our night work we would always make the best of our time. There was always something to do to pass the time. If we knew it was going to be slow night, many times we would schedule potluck type of night which were always enjoyable.
Pros
Swing Shift, ESOP program, Casual Attire, Bank Holiday Schedule (more holidays)
Cons
Working swing shift I would miss out on some activities with family and friends
poor management and hours leads to disengaged team members
Teller (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJuly 10, 2018
I was hired into a team that was understaffed and stressed out. My manager was rude to customers, rude to her staff in the branch, and rude to other employees of the company. That, coinciding with a poor, 7-day a week schedule where many team members were scheduled 10+ days in a row left us tired and disengaged. Since I was hired, we have hired 7 new team members and lost 3 of them. There are company practices that I also don't agree with that I think put the customer at risk and the employee at risk as well.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor customer base, poor management and coaching from direct superiors and those above or ajacent to them
Bad Management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 29, 2018
I worked for Tri-counties bank for 2 yrs. The pay was good. My problem was the lack of breaks including bathroom breaks. There was very high sales pressure if you did good in other area but, did not hit your sales goals for all four quarters you did not get a raise. Management was very stressed and unapproachable.

Comment – July 12, 2018

Due to this store being open seven days a week you could work 10 days in a row until you get a day off. Leaving a very exhausted team members more likely to make an mistakes.

Worst possible scenario
Banker/CSR (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CAMay 18, 2018
Disorganized, unprepared, and all about sales,sales,sales. I have never worked in a place with more jealousy between management and other employees. If a coworker equal to or above you in title senses you are a threat they will do all they can to tear you down. Technology is horrid late 80's genre systems that waste so much time to get even simple tasks done. Sell your heart out only to have the back office in Chico undermine your deal. Worst experience ever.
Pros
M-F schedule
Cons
No flexibility. May as well be working a retail fast food job
loved my coworkers and management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Penn Valley, CAMay 9, 2018
this job was great with my branch but very stressful with sales and felt that when we met and exceeded our goals we still had to do more. This coming from upper management created a stressful environment for everyone at branch level.
The company was very pushy on sales
Teller (Former Employee) –  Anderson, CAApril 5, 2018
My co-workers were nice but my boss was very unfriendly and always looked stressed. The company manages seemed fake and not interested in having having me long term.
Pressure Quotas'
CSR (Former Employee) –  Yreka, CAApril 3, 2018
You have to have so many cold calls a day or week for what ever product they are selling at the time. If you don't make the quota you get coached. This is not a place to work if you are not comfortable with cold calls.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Pressure sales
Great People
Internal Auditing Internship (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 28, 2018
Tricounties Bank has great people working there and a light atmosphere. They have recently been focusing on career advancement in order to retain more talent.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Doesn't have all the formalities of a larger corporation
Working for Tri Counties Bank
Assistant Branch Manager/ Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Weaverville, CAMarch 14, 2018
I felt the job was what I had expected, although the promise to be able to transfer after one year of employment was not honored. The branch manager who hired me failed to mention that she was retiring after I was hired on and that I would be doing her old job for far less pay.
Pros
Good growing company
Cons
Management and back office is ill prepared
Overall didn't enjoy working there
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Fun and exciting at first, but poor management, horrible compensation, bad environment, and difficult employees and customers made everything unhappy very quickly
Avoid
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAFebruary 21, 2018
There is ZERO control of what's going on in the North Coast. Zero support. I don't think Tri Counties Bank will even be here in 5 years. They can't keep a staff around long enough.
Pros
Banker hours
Cons
Support, Training, Staffing