Tri Gas & Oil

Tri Gas & Oil Employee Reviews

A typical day at work was running reports for employees, billing, updating computer equipment or software. The hardest part but one of the most rewarding parts of the job was troubleshooting hardware problems and creating new reports that would help someone do their job more efficiently.
The management team are very uneducated in leadership. They treat their employees awful. Talk down to them, micromanage. Do not work there. The HR team in lacking in experience. They blab other employees business.
Pros
Cons
Nothing good
Overall a great company to work for. Not much advancement if you do not work in the Federalsburg office. Individual Offices are sometimes left out of the loop.
Pros
Family ran
Cons
Sometimes to many chiefs
Customer Service Rep. Helps customers & potential customers with account questions, changes in services provided, deliveries/service requested, and daily questions about the heating and hvac industry. After hours dispatch is a continuation of that process, adding dispatch of drivers & techs for immediate issues, and security camera monitoring.
The management at Tri Gas is questionable at best. They treat people great if they like you. If they don't like you, good luck. If you are the best worker they will have you do more than your co-workers. I liked most of my co-workers but they don't make the decisons. Owners will take 2-3 week long vacations but in 3 years I didn't receive 1 pay raise. If you have other options don't work here.
Pros
a job
Cons
poor management, poor owners, low pay
Poor management constant overturn of customer service representative's as well as customer service manager.no structure they implement rules however don't enforce them as long as you're liked you will succeed within this company
Pros
They don't enforce bad behavior
Cons
You will never advance if in any other office then their main office
I've been working little over a year and i really love working for TriGas and Oil. Coming from a fortune 500 company where customers are just numbers... They really care about the people and would do anything and i mean ANYTHING to keep them happy and to keep them as customer. Its very nice because you stay busy most of the day! you learn different aspect of the business. The co-workers are great, I don't have any problems with them! We all (few don't fit into this description) but i would say 90% we get along and respect each other. I really enjoy working for TriGas and Oil!! Hardest part of the job is the winter time! It gets super busy but with everyone working as a team. I RECOMMEND WORKING HERE!
Pros
family owned, professional environment
Cons
At this company the winters are long because of high demand and breakdown of equipment. i enjoyed working with co-workers they would all tell you i was the hardest worker we had. The management is inexperienced and showed in scheduling and overall support of the techs. company also does not hire management from within which is a problem for me.
Pros
family business so owners treated us good
Cons
benefits leave something to be desired
Great place to work until they decided that Tri-Gas need to take more from the drivers pocket. Over dispatching started happening, 20 hour a day work and oddly enough lower pay.
Pros
used to be a great company
Cons
now they take from the drivers pay
Typical day at work is non stop work. Which I like to keep busy. Most enjoyable part of my job is making the custoemrs happy.
Pros
community involvment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tri Gas & Oil?
The owners and administrative staff are basicle good people and are well treated.That said the transport drivers are on commission and are asked to do the near impossible. This requires them to take actions that are not as safe as they should be.If they decline: thier are reprocutions such as being verbally disrespected and given the less desireable and less paying work.This some-what hypocritical treatment, with the one department doing and justifying and even denying while another department negatively critisizes the attempts of the driver to comply.The transport driver is caught between doing what is right and legal and being treated right and being safe.I would like to say they are a family orientated company and for office personell this is true, however, for the transport driver who puts thier life and career in danger on a regular basis. They are have little to no time for those who love them.
  1. Employee Reviews