TriCore Reference Laboratories Employee Reviews

Dead-end healthcare job
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 19, 2018
Amazing stuff going on at TriCore, technology and biomedical science has come a long. Although the work is interesting you will only receive the bare minimum of training you need to perform the job, no education on the actual science or opportunities for you to advance. You'll find management to be composed of college burn-outs who make decisions in a field of science they know little about. Unless you're the smart yet unsociable librarian type who has no ambition for bettering yourself, this company isn't for you.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Unfriendly work environment, Lack of Autonomy, etc.
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 14, 2018
Good place to work, great people and fun. Allows for wonderful work/life balance. Company cares for their employees and great benefits and competitive salary.
Pros
Flexibility in working hours
Tricore Laboratory
Medical Laboratory Scientist, Generalist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 11, 2018
The management does not let you to grow and advance your career. Tricore doesn't appreciate all the work that employees do. Tricore doesn't give internal employees a chance to move up.
N/a
Client engagement specialist ll (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 30, 2018
Tricore is a great company to work for. Training is provided daily, fellow coworkers are a joy, environment is happy. Benefits are good. Many opportunities to grow.
Productive and intersting place to work
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 8, 2018
Everyone at Tricore was very professional and helpful. I really enjoyed working at Tricore, there was always something new to learn, and management was always very supportive.
Highly abusive environment
Laboratory Specimen Technician III (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 31, 2018
I learn a lot from this workplace about what signs to look for when the job environment is horrific. Although my time there did advance my knowledge of diagnostic testing, it is probably the only thing positive I can say about my experience.
Most people were friendly
Clinical Lab Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 31, 2018
Directors and Managers were not really involved with the employees, however the Supervisors were Awesome. I would recommend TriCore to other people. there is a lot of growth here.
Pros
Management, Director
Good Lab, customer service is good, good salary, lots of drama
Logistics Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 22, 2018
Tricore itself is good company, they do pay their people well. However, they do have an issues with boundaries of professional and personal life. They do believe that if it is discussed within the company they have the right to pull you into the office and comment on your private life. They also have individuals report on each other which does add some conflict among the employees.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Boundaries and drama
People take pride in their work
Manager, Workforce Education and Development (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 17, 2018
Everyone at TriCore knows they are about the patients. Take pride in what they do for New Mexicans. Good place to work. Special attention given to their Tuition Assistance programs.
Poor Management causes pained environment
lab lackey (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2018
I worked at University Hospital lab part-time with over 30 coworkers. It was fine in the beginning, but soon became mundane and stressful. I was at the lower echelon of a tiered structure and was treated as such. A person has to be a favorite to be considered for a promotion or any kind of advancement.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed, lack of interest from Supervisors/Leads, low pay, no appreciation, stress, people with bad attitudes hold important positions, many CAP inspection errors, no pay raises
Harassment, lazy leadership, constantly understaffed.
CLA II (Former Employee) –  Abq nmJune 28, 2018
I was harassed for a year and a half until I couldn't take it anymore and quit. The leadership is very unhelpful and promote a scandalous hostile work environment. You learn several different positions in which you do not get paid more to know. Always understaffed making it hard on every individual employee that tries to stay.
Pros
Cons
30 minute lunches, not enough pay, favoritism, harassment, retaliation.
Positive and fun workplace
Phlebotomist, Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 21, 2018
Drawing blood specimens from patients. Exciting work environment. Learning how to draw from difficult patients is the hardest part of the job- Each person is different.
Pros
Great benefits, even for part time
Cons
schedules are concrete
Uncertain where this company is going
TLA (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 20, 2018
This started out as one of the best jobs I've ever had. I had a great boss who seemed to care about employee growth and training. He was patient and kept our team from having a lot of drama. We had great upper management. They used to say good morning in the hallways even if you were a lowly employee. Sometimes they even jumped on a bench and helped during an emergency. The pay is about $3-5 an hour lower than the national average for TLA positions. Since implementing a system that caused disastrous effects for the surrounding hospitals, most of upper management quit. Lots of positions have been vacated without replacement both in management and on the floor. Middle management is under a lot of pressure to keep costs down and lower employees were not given merit raises and now items that were never a problem before are being looked at with a magnifying glass and people are being given ultimatums. This has turned from a wonderful job to the average. Patients are the company's number one focus, which is still good. But employees are being treated poorly and this has turned into a high stress no reward situation. I think they will lose a lot of good people if they don't turn around soon.
Pros
great co-workers, doing something that helps the community
Cons
extremely low pay for the work required, high stress, poor management, cutthroat environment is being created by management
Work load varies on what if you're on, overall a great way to better your skills in phlebotomy.
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 11, 2018
If you work mornings the work load tends to be a lot more then in the afternoon. It is a great place to work on your phlebotomy skills and improve. Management can be helpful sometimes, but you must tell them if you have any problems something I had trouble doing, Workplace culture varies on what shift you are but it's not hard to adjust if you're willing to.The most difficult part of the job is having patience with the patients, but the most enjoyable part of the job is that improving and bettering yourself is always encouraged.
great start
Clinical Lab Assistant 2 (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 11, 2018
good people, fast paced work environment , good people and a lot go new things to learn and experience. Good atmosphere and highly skilled group of people willing to teach you what you need to make a successful career.
Pros
busy
Cons
too much work at times by yourself
It's a good place to work depending on your position.
Clinical Lab Assistant and phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 10, 2018
I don't think it pays enough, but the same could be said about many jobs in Albuquerque. As a phlebotomist, we were paid 10.80/hr, but that was a few years ago, and I've heard the pay has been raised for that position since. It's a top heavy company--- too much management. It has pretty good benefits, and opportunities for continuing education though. I had a mostly positive experience there, but it's a mixed bag.
Modern and Technologically Growing
HIM RISK AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 4, 2018
Fun, great place to work. Good work/life balance. I was able to grow and ask questions and get the right answers. The culture was great, Tricore is invested in the latest technology. Leadership/management was involved and transparent with their employees. Pay was competitive.
stressful work environment
Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  New MexicoMarch 25, 2018
The workplace culture includes bullying, favoritism, discrimination, and lies. There are also plenty of people with higher education receiving the lowest pay. There are nice hardworking people to balance the multiple unprofessional staff.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
work flow
Bad experience
specimen management (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 20, 2018
Constantly harassment by long term employees. CO workers unwilling to help out. No job aides for position. Pay only $10 to start no management support
Fast paced, engaging place to work
Clinical Trials Clinical Lab Technologist I (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 16, 2018
I learned a lot while working at TriCore. For the most part managers were reasonable and nice to work with. I would recommend working here to anyone in pursuit of a lab or healthcare related job.