Trident Medical Center Employee Reviews

Front Desk Agent/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay, JAJune 29, 2018
Best company you could ever work with. Respectable management and staff, and discount on healthcare. It was an honor to grow with this company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Some great co-workers, terrible work environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 13, 2018
The only reason I gave Trident two stars and not one was my amazing co-workers. The staff at Trident are, for the most part, compassionate, hard-working people who truly care about their patients. However, they are also over-worked, stressed, and often miserable. I did not find many, if any, who actually enjoyed their jobs. Management is ineffective and therefore basically nonexistent, from lower to upper level. The nurses and techs would get blamed for problems caused by mismanagement, unsafe patient ratios, and poor working conditions. Patient care is, in my opinion, lacking for many reasons. However a main reason was some of the doctors not seeming to care to take the time to actually check on their patients while bullying the nurses who do care and express their concerns. No wonder we were constantly understaffed. I should have left sooner and saved myself the heartache.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
terrible management and working conditions, perpetually short-staffed, unsafe patient ratios
Safety is Excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJune 4, 2018
Psych units are on video and the nurses station is enclosed in glass. There are schedule group every hour to help patients learn coping skills and socialize. They learn that they are not alone and that people do care. The social work is amazing and works so hard to help with get medication and placement for patients that are lacking resources. It is an amazing process they have with amazing staff.
Pros
Management hold staff accountable
Cons
There have been a few scheduling issues.
Not family orinented
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 22, 2018
If you have a family stay away from this place! Even if you work every day all day plus overtime, and your kids get sick they will hold it against you!
I burned out
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 4, 2018
This was a very "cliquey" environment, which was actually encouraged by management. There were those of us who would work as hard as we could, and others who would sit chatting in the nurses' station while we toiled away. They had a very hard time keeping people - the nurses were overburdened with unsafe patient ratios, making even more work for the techs. If management decided they didn't like you for whatever reason, you could forget promotions or shift adjustments. The work itself, while rewarding, was exhausting. It was also frustrating to be running from room to room and see that someone who should be helping was off taking a break, when you could barely stop to use the restroom. Management was fully aware, but since the perpetrators were on their "favorites" list, nothing was ever done. I got out of healthcare entirely because of TMCER.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Lazy coworkers, low pay, stressful environment
Horrible staffing ratios with unreasonable expectations of nurses
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCApril 27, 2018
Everyday at work was horrible. I don't ever remember having had a good day. We were assigned way too many patients to actually spend any time with them doing actual nursing care or education. We were expected to do these things of course and get good feedback from our patients. It's a very unsafe environment to work in. Management is too scared to enforce any rules if you complain about anything so that is a lost cause. Upper management is only worried about the bottom line and most likely their bonuses. The only joy that comes from this job is the patients. When a patient shows their appreciation of what you are doing for them and you actually see a difference in their health, it makes it more bearable.
Pros
Learning experience (being able to cope in horrible conditions)
Cons
Staffing ratios, interrupted breaks, horrible management, Pay
Short staffed for Nurses
Critical Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 24, 2018
The hospital is clean, friendly staff. As a nurse however, the patient load is not safe on most of the floors, and including the ICU at times based on the acuity of the patients. Outpatient centers are great.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short staffed with high patient load
Productive Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 16, 2018
Good environment & good place to work. Treat employees great.have good benefits and loved working there.lets you move up in company. Wonderful place to get job.
knowledgeable
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 16, 2018
the transport team at trident medical center is awesome. very friendly group of people. trident over all was a pleasure to work at. there was room for improvement and growth.
Pros
the learning experencie
Cons
keeping good workers in transport
great work environment
Patient Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 9, 2018
I have truly enjoyed the time I have spent working at Trident Medical Center. I have learned so much from the nurses on the floor I work. I am hoping to continue my employment for an extended period of time.
abysmal working conditions
RN (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 23, 2018
HR lies to you about the "great" environment. It was apparent the HR recruiter was desperate to bring on new hires. I found out after coming on board this hospital is known in the travel nurse community as "TRIdeath" I unfortunately found the care to be substandard and the working conditions perpetuate shortcuts and negligence. The hardest part of the job is going to work,,,the best part is leaving that place,
Pros
free parking
Cons
no teamwork, invisible directors and clinical practice leaders
Nice place to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 19, 2018
Trident medical center is a fast pace job. Which I love. I love the environment because I'm always around people .overall the staff at trident is fair, and friendly. I have great relationships with patients and there family.
Terrible place for RN and middle management
Nurse Director (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCMarch 13, 2018
Senior nursing leadership fills out job reviews and ask nurse leadership to fill out reviews to boost work environment scores. Terrible work environment. Did not get any better with new CNO.
Many senior nurses leaving to work in downtown hospitals with better pay and work environment. Its a revolving door with nurses leaving. The reasons are all the same and yet nothing changes.
Feedback is that it will get better, it will get better, and it never does. Management 101- take care of your staff and they will take care of your patients. Happy staff= happy patients. Trident admin just will never get it!!
Pros
free parking, thats it
Cons
work environment, stress, nurse turnover
Trident Medical Center isn't employee friendly
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 3, 2018
In my time there, I was discriminated against by my boss. The management that I worked under chose favorites and unless in this group, there was no hope for advancement. The manager and medical director would not back up their employees, even if the employee was proven to be in the right with facts and information. I would not recommend working there.
Good Quality Care
ICU RN/ RAPID RESPONSE RN (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2018
We provide good quality care to our patients. Not enough benefits. Senior employees are not given any special benefit/ treatment with that of new hires.
hectic
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  SCFebruary 17, 2018
A typical day at work was stressful and non-stop. Which is usual for
many ERs but their computer system is very old and frustrating.
Documentation is a nightmare. Working at night is worse; less staff;
no one available to help because everyone is drowning. Do not
recommend for new grads. its sink or swim.
Lucky to work with Great people
administrative leader (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 14, 2018
I love the people I work with- their compassion, dedication and determination to do whats best for the patient is awesome. the level of capability of this hospital rivals a large teaching hospital. Though, because of its size you can make a real impact without the layers and a bunch of red tape and hoops.
Pros
The team and teamwork
Cons
growing fast
wonderful co-workers, very fast pace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 13, 2018
The teamwork was very poor. I learned to keep a smile and hold my composure. Management wasn't the best. They didn't encourage teamwork. The workplace culture was strong. The hardest part of
the job was not getting much feedback from the leader when there
was a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with
the patients and meeting their needs.
Pros
Movie Tickets
Cons
Short breaks
Nice hospital I've learned alot but need a change
Patient Support Technician (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 26, 2018
This hospital doesn't have the best rap but I can say I have enjoyed working here and have learned alot. I have great coworkers and some bad apples. The teamwork between the techs is great. The nurses and techs need some improvement on working together. We work 12 hour shifts but you are so busy all day that it feels like 8 hours. I would recommend working here and gaining the experience but I don't see myself staying here long term. It has a high turnover rate bc the job is hard and you are getting labs, blood sugars, changing people, and running around all day. Of course you do have your slower days here and there. I have worked with alot of different kinds of patients with different illness to mental issues to alcohol and drug withdrawal. You learn alot and it's a great job but the floor I work on is not one I could stay on long term for years bc you get worn out.
Pros
Good health insurance, great coworkers, busy day so 12 hours feels like nothing
Cons
Alot of total care, patient to tech ratio is not ideal, tech/12-16 patients, stressful, sometimes it feels like they stick up for the nurses more than the techs
Good Place to work
Service Excellence Directror (Former Employee) –  SCJanuary 24, 2018
Very open to allow you to grow and use your skills. Respect for the expertise you have. Communication throughout the organization flowed very well. Some secondary leaders could use more leadership development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trident Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Trident Medical Center Reviews by Location