Trident Medical Center Employee Reviews

Uncaring profit driven management
former rn (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 16, 2019
Scary staffing ratios No effort to retain employees. Get rid of the experienced/expensive staff and hire new grads with no one to train/mentor them. Atmosphere/culture has changed so much in last 8 years
Pros
Teamwork/survival skills of co workers
Cons
Horrible expectations of staff
Nice place to work
CT Tech (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 14, 2019
Company was great to work for. They do quarterly employee surveys and actually listen to any concerns you may have. Staff becomes more like a family throughout the entire hospital. Overall morale is great.
Pros
Decent benefits, Family atmosphere, caring staff
Cons
Traffic getting to/from work
overall positive place to work
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 14, 2019
Lots of turnover in the er. The director seems to be burnt-out and has better things to do at home. Its hard to put time and effort into a place and feel like they are doing that when they are not there half the time. new management seems better. The hospital in entirety is lacking education and training. There should be more opportunities for advancement in education. Lots of gossip and rumors that spread like wildfire. inexperienced and unmotivated people are hired all the time and quit right after orientation is over.
Pros
great coworkers, strong bond between charge nurses and employees
Cons
30 min meal breaks, no scheduled overtime, short staff, very low pay
Patient to nurse ratio too high
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 11, 2019
Nurse to patient ratios are too high. Facility has a difficult time with retaining staff. Compensation is not competitive. Health benefits are great. The different departments do not work together.
Pros
Close to home and plenty of parking.
Cons
Short staffed, low pay.
Patient care
Patient Support Technician (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 25, 2019
I love working at Trident Medical Center. It’s a small hospital so it’s like a small family. Anytime you need help, there is always someone to assist you. I love that I work three twelve hour shifts a week. I have a great work and family life.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Always a new mangers
Trident administration could care less about employees if it means filling their greedy pockets.
Rn (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 20, 2019
Non competitive pay. Always short staffed. Admistration could care less about employees. Would rather lose an experienced nurse who’s been at the company for years than giving them a decent raise. Trident and it’s administration are greedy pigs with a sole purpose of lining their pockets at the expense of their employees and patients.
Poor leadership
RN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCicuFebruary 6, 2019
They don’t value there employees, no pay raises for pen since 2008, FT and PT once a year got the most a 2% a year. Many below that. Always work short staff, increases the pt to nurse ratios
Pros
Staff nurses and doctors work great together
Cons
Leader wants all employees to do more for and with less, no progression leader for improvement
ICU Staff Nurse
staff nurse (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 20, 2019
Typically worked rotating 12 hour shifts. Assignments were commonly up to 3 patients. Staff members were supportive and promoted teamwork.Enjoyed having a short drive to work and the close parking accommodations for staff members.
Pros
Cohesive teamwork
Cons
Heavy 3 patient assignments
Growth & Stability
Coastal Carolina Multi-Specialist Group (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC 29406January 11, 2019
Great atmosphere, familiy orientated,and ultimently growth and stability within intercompany .
Culture was patient on service excellence
Learned dynamics of out patient and inpatient service line
No room for Advancement
Registrar (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 24, 2018
Good place to work. However, when the opportunity for me to obtain clinical skills and knowledge my manager denied me the time to do it. Also, when I was sick I required to come in.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No opportunity to advancement
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 13, 2018
It's a slow-paced good environment good employees good managers fun place to work good benefits if you want them and you can move up in a company if that's not the position you won't they have many many more positions within the hospital that you can apply for and that's what I'm trying to do is move up in a company
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
Good pay
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 26, 2018
By far my favorite place to work. I enjoyed my peers. I felt that the workflow was enjoyable and manageable. I enjoyed my superiors and they often worked along side you.
Fun place to work, very challenging at times
Agency RN (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 8, 2018
Appreciate the job opportunities at Trident Medical center. Get hard some time, as the turn over of patients are fast, with elective procedures. Also need more options for meal and the cafeteria needs be be open till at least 5pm. There are opportunities for growth and development.
Pros
Flexable work schedule
Cons
Patients to nurse ratio.
fun
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 21, 2018
Trident has good intentions which are sincere but as a for profit organization that is limited by corporate decisions impact fully realizing full potential.
Pros
tolerant
Cons
pay
Trident Medical Center
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 15, 2018
I enjoy working at Trident Medical Center. They are supportive to their staff, benefits are great. I feel very lucky to be apart of the team. Everyone is helpful and supportive of one another.
Not an encouraging Environment
Transporter (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 12, 2018
Trident was undergoing a change of hands for a few of the departments and these changes wrecked a lot of the benefits and joys involved with working for Trident. It was more of a disappointment than anything because what was promised was not given, and what was given was very rudimentary and incomparable to benefits (monetarily, socially, etc.) that much less demanding jobs give.
Cut Throat Management
Registratio (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 1, 2018
Seems like they have a habit of findings ways to let you go if you've been there over 10 years. They just cut your job and you have no say so. They don't try to help you find another role. Management is so cut throat. Can't trust no body. Management harasses employees that's not in the click and upper management won't help.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Its a horrible place to work.
Very friendly staff throughout hospital
RN-Pacu (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 4, 2018
Great place to work.
I worked in PACU and staff and clinical coordinator was awesome.
The surgeons and anesthesia providers were great and worked collaboratively with the nurses.
Pros
staff
Cons
contribution match to 401k could be better.
flexible hours
Transporter (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 2, 2018
first hand learning
fast pace working job
diversity of workers
PTO benefits
could hire more people, or people with better work ethic
work load needs to be split up more fairly
Pros
Fast past work day
Cons
Not enough pay, poor management
Substandard working conditions
Nurse leader (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 19, 2018
I always felt like I worked in a sweatshop. Overwhelmed with high acuity patients. I had to leave when risk management and CEO swept patients death under the rug and failed to report to CMS and joint commission
Pros
Near by home and 3 day work week
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trident Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.