Trident Medical Center Employee Reviews

Cut Throat Management
Registratio (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 1, 2018
Seems like they have a habit of findings ways to let you go if you've been there over 10 years. They just cut your job and you have no say so. They don't try to help you find another role. Management is so cut throat. Can't trust no body. Management harasses employees that's not in the click and upper management won't help.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Its a horrible place to work.
Not an encouraging Environment
Transporter (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 12, 2018
Trident was undergoing a change of hands for a few of the departments and these changes wrecked a lot of the benefits and joys involved with working for Trident. It was more of a disappointment than anything because what was promised was not given, and what was given was very rudimentary and incomparable to benefits (monetarily, socially, etc.) that much less demanding jobs give.
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 13, 2018
It's a slow-paced good environment good employees good managers fun place to work good benefits if you want them and you can move up in a company if that's not the position you won't they have many many more positions within the hospital that you can apply for and that's what I'm trying to do is move up in a company
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
Good pay
flexible hours
Transporter (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 2, 2018
first hand learning
fast pace working job
diversity of workers
PTO benefits
could hire more people, or people with better work ethic
work load needs to be split up more fairly
Pros
Fast past work day
Cons
Not enough pay, poor management
Trident Medical Center
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 15, 2018
I enjoy working at Trident Medical Center. They are supportive to their staff, benefits are great. I feel very lucky to be apart of the team. Everyone is helpful and supportive of one another.
Very friendly staff throughout hospital
RN-Pacu (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 4, 2018
Great place to work.
I worked in PACU and staff and clinical coordinator was awesome.
The surgeons and anesthesia providers were great and worked collaboratively with the nurses.
Pros
staff
Cons
contribution match to 401k could be better.
I burned out
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 4, 2018
This was a very "cliquey" environment, which was actually encouraged by management. There were those of us who would work as hard as we could, and others who would sit chatting in the nurses' station while we toiled away. They had a very hard time keeping people - the nurses were overburdened with unsafe patient ratios, making even more work for the techs. If management decided they didn't like you for whatever reason, you could forget promotions or shift adjustments. The work itself, while rewarding, was exhausting. It was also frustrating to be running from room to room and see that someone who should be helping was off taking a break, when you could barely stop to use the restroom. Management was fully aware, but since the perpetrators were on their "favorites" list, nothing was ever done. I got out of healthcare entirely because of TMCER.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Lazy coworkers, low pay, stressful environment
Productive Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 16, 2018
Good environment & good place to work. Treat employees great.have good benefits and loved working there.lets you move up in company. Wonderful place to get job.
Some great co-workers, terrible work environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 13, 2018
The only reason I gave Trident two stars and not one was my amazing co-workers. The staff at Trident are, for the most part, compassionate, hard-working people who truly care about their patients. However, they are also over-worked, stressed, and often miserable. I did not find many, if any, who actually enjoyed their jobs. Management is ineffective and therefore basically nonexistent, from lower to upper level. The nurses and techs would get blamed for problems caused by mismanagement, unsafe patient ratios, and poor working conditions. Patient care is, in my opinion, lacking for many reasons. However a main reason was some of the doctors not seeming to care to take the time to actually check on their patients while bullying the nurses who do care and express their concerns. No wonder we were constantly understaffed. I should have left sooner and saved myself the heartache.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
terrible management and working conditions, perpetually short-staffed, unsafe patient ratios
Good Quality Care
ICU RN/ RAPID RESPONSE RN (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2018
We provide good quality care to our patients. Not enough benefits. Senior employees are not given any special benefit/ treatment with that of new hires.
Horrible staffing ratios with unreasonable expectations of nurses
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCApril 27, 2018
Everyday at work was horrible. I don't ever remember having had a good day. We were assigned way too many patients to actually spend any time with them doing actual nursing care or education. We were expected to do these things of course and get good feedback from our patients. It's a very unsafe environment to work in. Management is too scared to enforce any rules if you complain about anything so that is a lost cause. Upper management is only worried about the bottom line and most likely their bonuses. The only joy that comes from this job is the patients. When a patient shows their appreciation of what you are doing for them and you actually see a difference in their health, it makes it more bearable.
Pros
Learning experience (being able to cope in horrible conditions)
Cons
Staffing ratios, interrupted breaks, horrible management, Pay
Safety is Excellent
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJune 4, 2018
Psych units are on video and the nurses station is enclosed in glass. There are schedule group every hour to help patients learn coping skills and socialize. They learn that they are not alone and that people do care. The social work is amazing and works so hard to help with get medication and placement for patients that are lacking resources. It is an amazing process they have with amazing staff.
Pros
Management hold staff accountable
Cons
There have been a few scheduling issues.
Substandard working conditions
Nurse leader (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 19, 2018
I always felt like I worked in a sweatshop. Overwhelmed with high acuity patients. I had to leave when risk management and CEO swept patients death under the rug and failed to report to CMS and joint commission
Pros
Near by home and 3 day work week
Cons
Everything else
Great team to work with, terrible pay
ER technician/preceptor (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 6, 2017
The staff at Trident are wonderful to work with and are the best part of the job, however the compensation for the work you do makes the job unsettling. The position is fast-paced, high stress, and there is a lot of responsibility along with high expectations for the low salary. To better paint the picture, the people who do CPR on your loved ones and start life-saving IV's could be making more money working at McDonald's.
Terrible place for RN and middle management
Nurse Director (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCMarch 13, 2018
Senior nursing leadership fills out job reviews and ask nurse leadership to fill out reviews to boost work environment scores. Terrible work environment. Did not get any better with new CNO.
Many senior nurses leaving to work in downtown hospitals with better pay and work environment. Its a revolving door with nurses leaving. The reasons are all the same and yet nothing changes.
Feedback is that it will get better, it will get better, and it never does. Management 101- take care of your staff and they will take care of your patients. Happy staff= happy patients. Trident admin just will never get it!!
Pros
free parking, thats it
Cons
work environment, stress, nurse turnover
Need improved hands on education
Emergency Room RN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 12, 2018
Need to incorporate on hands education. more Leadership needed in management, many managers have no bedside experience. I found that team work is excellent in the ER, the floors not so much.
Pros
team work
Cons
xox
Great work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 26, 2018
By far my favorite place to work. I enjoyed my peers. I felt that the workflow was enjoyable and manageable. I enjoyed my superiors and they often worked along side you.
Trident Medical Center isn't employee friendly
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 3, 2018
In my time there, I was discriminated against by my boss. The management that I worked under chose favorites and unless in this group, there was no hope for advancement. The manager and medical director would not back up their employees, even if the employee was proven to be in the right with facts and information. I would not recommend working there.
fun
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 21, 2018
Trident has good intentions which are sincere but as a for profit organization that is limited by corporate decisions impact fully realizing full potential.
Pros
tolerant
Cons
pay
Front Desk Agent/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay, JAJune 29, 2018
Best company you could ever work with. Respectable management and staff, and discount on healthcare. It was an honor to grow with this company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trident Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.