Trident Seafoods Employee Reviews

Fun place to work if you are giving up on life
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WADecember 7, 2018
Terrible place constantly told what to do even if you already know, hired a new manager that didn’t know anything about the job. Other departments constantly stole my tools or would move my tools around. Very dangerous place considering I watched a guy put out an electrical fire with water. I would repeatedly asked for something to get fixed for my safety and the safety of others and my manager would say he sent out an email but never would. Fire extinguisher are out of date. Would never give you days of or would change your days of without asking.
Cons
Never give you tools even if you need them
Working in Alaska is a great adventure, but it is also very hard work.
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Akutan, AKNovember 3, 2018
Trident provides:

Safe work environment
Opportunity to work many hours of overtime
Advancement opportunities within the organization
Transportation from Seattle to Alaska and back (if you complete your agreement)
Trident pays a portion of your room and board (if you complete your agreement)
Opportunities to work nearly year-round season-to-season with our vast number of plants and fisheries Alaska
Pros
Free meals
Trident
Fish packing plant (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WANovember 21, 2018
Extremely rude people will never return all around bad experience dont not work for this company they are tough mean Asian people who think they own the place and will b@#$^ at you in there own language I also got call a racist slur that I will not repeat but . It means dumb white American to put it nicely I told my boss he did nothing about it so I call my temp agencie they call my boss and I got fired the next day
Pros
Free food freshly served
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to work if ages 18-25
Deck Boss (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 3, 2018
I was deckboss on a fishing vessel fishing pots for cod, opilio crab, and red king crab. Lot of work... 16 hours a day, 7 days a week for 4 months, twice a year, but once one pays his/her dues and starts making $75,000-$150,000 a year, all that time washes away. That being said, it’s super hard to start a family or keep one going while being gone 8 months a year... that’s why I say “ages 18-25”. Great job to get a person ahead in life.
Pros
Money, time off
Cons
Time on, weather
excellent job
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  AlaskaOctober 3, 2018
would like to say this is where ive learned all my skills and experience from working for trident seafoods.
They will help you learn and their always there for you, they make you feel appreciated and their very understanding people. i know the job get hard some time but when you work with people who like to motivate you and uplift you to do good in what you do in general it make you wanna work harder to be the best!
Hard work low pay
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  CarrolltonOctober 12, 2018
There temp/perm people ratio was off. There were way more temps. A lot of them where waiting past 90 before getting hired on . The pay need to be way more when your on the packing lines on the conveyors on the end . The lines are not properly set up for people to snatch and grab the bags without giving you back pains .Also the lines are running extremely fast. You would need to be in a EXTREMELY physical good shape to work on any lines on the packing end. The work on the packing end ,lots of heavy lifting ,and back pains. A lot of men who were settling on the packing end quit! The have a very high turnover rate! I would suggest if your applying for seafood processor position think 🤔 hard before working here. I would not let any family member work here.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
2breaksin 10 hour/management/work
Productive and fun
Seafoods Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 26, 2018
The first thing to do at work in the morning is set up the area and the equipment before it become busy. I think the management are fair with the employees.and there is a lot of people from other Country that works with trident. the hardest part of the job is when is someone is not helping.the most enjoying part of the job is being around with other nationalities.
Shipping Supervisor N/S (Former Employee) –  Kodiak, AKNovember 28, 2018
Great place to work. If you are starting as a processor these jobs are comparable to farming work - hard work, low pay, smelly conditions (though plant is always very clean and there are quality assurance & compliance people who monitor this) the smell is just the fish itself.

If youre intelligent and a hard worker you will move up quickly if you speak up
Trident was a great company to work for.
CMMS (MP2) Data Collection Technician (Former Employee) –  Akutan, AKOctober 23, 2018
The company its self was great to work for. However the location is really remote. I was not totally prepared for the remoteness of the island. And it took some time to adjust to being on a remote island in the middle of the Bering Sea.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Bad location
Terrible place to work
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WADecember 8, 2018
I asked for just a day off and then left because I wasn’t feeling good so they fired me. I showed up everyday and they forced me to work seven days a week. The management can never get anything done nor can the Human Resources. All and all they are a little racist and let only certain people get away with stuff.
Great seasonal job
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Naknek, AKOctober 20, 2018
Good work environment. Bunk houses are dirty, but the long hours and good pay made it worth it. Seasonal job so its not all year. Met people from all over the world.
Pros
4 meals a day, free room and board, free plane ticket home if you complete the season.
Cons
Short breaks during a 16 hour day. Bears everywhere.
3 months only
Quality Assurance / R&D Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 6, 2018
I only worked three months, job was very stressful with very limited overtime allowed, Too much management; I had to report to three managers in addition to the general manager with too many meetings and little time left to do my job as Research and Development Technician
Pros
Free product sometimes
Cons
a lot of stress
Worst Job Ever!
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Motley, MNOctober 28, 2018
Don’t waste your time with with terrible, abusive bosses. They will throw you under the bus and sabotage your career every step unless you’re part of the clan or fam. Yelling and screaming. The best thing I ever did was go back to school and leave that depressing place.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Too many to list...
No hours
Processor (Former Employee) –  KodiakNovember 24, 2018
This place is racist bosses if you're not Filipino your nobody .The work place is not safety to work to much cons in the cracks I seen a lot of people got hurt from working. Not enough hours to work don't apply for Kodiak plant don't recommended.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Restrooms dirty, housing terrible, food bad, no hours
akutan alaska backagin
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  AlaskaOctober 22, 2018
Previous experience as a laborer, construction worker, handyman, or warehouse worker is a plus.
Willing to train if you have experience in a physically demanding position such as a warehouse worker, construction worker, handyman, or laborer
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long break
Fulfilling and Enjoyable
Office Assistant/Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Kodiak, AKJuly 29, 2018
It has been a year working with Trident Seafoods Employees, but for me, it feels like more than 5 years.
I have college and pretty hectic on my time. Trident Seafoods has showed me that time management is not a problem, mostly my plant manager and office manager, the words like "just do your job work and feel proud."
LOVE THIS JOB! Would recommend to anyone!
Deckhand/Night Deck Boss (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKJune 28, 2018
These were the best 8 years of my working career. This job is where I gained my self-discipline, hard work, determination and commitment. This job is sort of a "jack of all trades" if you will. I started a family which is why I decided to end my career here but I will never forget my time here and will always be grateful for my experience here because now I take it everywhere with me.
It's a good place overall
Warehouse Foreman (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 1, 2018
I think Trident is a good place to work I really miss the employees that's what makes Trident a tolerable place to work. I think they charge management to much that's one of the reasons I resigned. But if you want a solid job you will like this place.
Pros
You get discounts on seafood
Cons
Management sucks and you work a lot.
Good summer job, but nothing else
Environmental Regulatory and Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Cordova, AKJune 17, 2018
While at an internship at Trident Seafoods in the Environmental department 2 different years I was able to see the inner workings of the company. The pay is just okay, but there was plenty of overtime pay as AT LEAST 70 hour work weeks are required in the summer for all Alaska workers. Due to the overtime pay the regular pay was lackluster, and there is not much room for promotions unless you somehow make your way into corporate. Most of the regular employees are green card workers, so the atmosphere is a melting pot that you need to get used to.
An easy job with fast pace just not enough income coming in for what i needed.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GANovember 7, 2018
An easy job with fast pace just not enough income coming in for what i needed. Supervisors were rude at times and try to make us do there jobs at times when they didn't feel like doing anything.