Trident Seafoods Employee Reviews

Hard work low pay
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  CarrolltonOctober 12, 2018
There temp/perm people ratio was off. There were way more temps. A lot of them where waiting past 90 before getting hired on . The pay need to be way more when your on the packing lines on the conveyors on the end . The lines are not properly set up for people to snatch and grab the bags without giving you back pains .Also the lines are running extremely fast. You would need to be in a EXTREMELY physical good shape to work on any lines on the packing end. The work on the packing end ,lots of heavy lifting ,and back pains. A lot of men who were settling on the packing end quit! The have a very high turnover rate! I would suggest if your applying for seafood processor position think 🤔 hard before working here. I would not let any family member work here.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
2breaksin 10 hour/management/work
Fun place to work
Key Person (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 9, 2018
Relaxing it’s dun time goes by fast you get rotate in the plant so you would experience different jobs
They are very understanding in any situation you might be going through
excellent job
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  AlaskaOctober 3, 2018
would like to say this is where ive learned all my skills and experience from working for trident seafoods.
They will help you learn and their always there for you, they make you feel appreciated and their very understanding people. i know the job get hard some time but when you work with people who like to motivate you and uplift you to do good in what you do in general it make you wanna work harder to be the best!
great place to work
remote paramedic (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 2, 2018
The over all rating is very high for this company.
the work is hard and the rewards or great.
Family people may have a hard time as you are gone for long periods of times.
the company will work with you taking time off though.
machine table
Sea Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 28, 2018
I learned how to clean fish separate the bone, packing the fish,
the hardest part about this job is standing in cold
the enjoyable part about this job is cleaning the fish
Amazing
Marine Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 26, 2018
For marine engineers not looking to advance their Unlimited license, this company is amazing. They treat you like family and they make sure you are taken care of. They really do care about their employees.
Relaxed enviroment
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GASeptember 14, 2018
Great place to work as far as the culture and the promotion of family first. Unfortunately, The company is behind the times and not very innovative when it comes to the distribution section of the supply chain.
Pros
Paid leave
Cons
Lack of innovation
No good
Boiler/Ammonia Refridgeration Operator (Former Employee) –  Motley, MNSeptember 8, 2018
I recommend this place if you need a hole in your head. Very poor management, not a clean place to work by any means, poor training and no consistent direction.
Bad place
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sand Point, AKSeptember 8, 2018
Management is very aggressive and play favorites. Very cut throat and stressful job. No life other than work. Feeling sick and need a sick day? forget it, you have fish to put in a box. Will run you into the ground, work like a slave.
3 months only
Quality Assurance / R&D Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 6, 2018
I only worked three months, job was very stressful with very limited overtime allowed, Too much management; I had to report to three managers in addition to the general manager with too many meetings and little time left to do my job as Research and Development Technician
Pros
Free product sometimes
Cons
a lot of stress
Pruductive
Raw room worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 6, 2018
They where verry nice job wasn't unverible the work hours where phenomenal the reception where understanding when I needed to take the day for doctors appointments
Fast pace and good work for first jobs.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 6, 2018
Fast pace, safe environment, seasonal over time. Diverse group of workers. Good job to start out. Earnest work as a beginner with fair position advancement.
worked on a F/V
DECKHAND (Former Employee) –  Bristol Bay, AKSeptember 4, 2018
working on a fishing vessel is crazy work. IT requires you to be able to work long days without much recovery time as well as not much space to recover. Dont go up if you mind smells or lack of sleep. (or if your a wuss)
Los break no son completos
Alaska (Former Employee) –  AlaskaSeptember 1, 2018
Esta empresa no son tan flexibles, son muy inhumanos. No hay libertad de expresión nadie te entiende
Pros
Cons
Si
Poor Management
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Cordova, AKAugust 27, 2018
The upper management from several of the manufacturing plants located in Alaska are poorly managed. Supervisors do not give clear instructions, and there exists a major lack of accountability.
The only thing that matters is production with this company.
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton GeorgiaAugust 21, 2018
I was hired through a job fair. However for some stupid reason I still had to go through a temporary agency called Chase. They will lie to you and will not communicate nothing! My advice is if you need a job DO NOT go to this place! It is a waste of time. Take your skills and service someplace else. They also get paid every two weeks. They don't tell you that during the hiring process. The place wreaks of stinky fish all day. Do not wear your good clothes and place plastic linen in your car because it will have your entire car smelling like vomit and decayed fish.
God forbid if you are a good worker and come to work everyday and you end up getting sick....they will still fire you with a physicians release and note documentation. Who wants to go work ill? So trust me this place is a bomb waiting to go off. They were also not paying machine operators there deserved and promised pay rate. I don't see how people can put up with that. The thing about jobs, if you are skilled..you can always get another one just like you can be replaced. Trident Seafoods believe in firing people and they wonder why there turnover rate is so high!!!!
The workers there complain all night about the work and the workplace but they keep coming back. They seem to be stuck! If you don't like your job quit it. Life has better and more opportunities!!!!
The supervisors stand around and watch you like a hawk. Don't they have anything better to do?!!! Then they will have the audacity to have you off for three days...no stability either. One week you may work good....the next week not so much. Some nights
  more... you can run out of work and have to go to other stations. Trust me when you leave you will practically be running to your car!!!  less
Pros
Going home
Cons
Being there and smelling stinky fish for nine hours
It was really awesome and great to work there
Deck hand (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 16, 2018
While working for trident I was exposed to so many new things and opportunities. I met all kinds of fishermen and was forced to push myself in a productive way. This job wasn’t alsways easy, but I really enjoyed it.
Super good money
Food Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2018
They are a super good company they londjdbdjsnsjanakrjrbdjdbrjskskskskskkskskeifndjdjdnfjdndjdndjdndjdnsjdjrjdbdjrbsjsksndjfidnsjdbdjsndjdbrkalandbdjdjd
Pros
Super good momey
Cons
It's a good place overall
Warehouse Foreman (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 1, 2018
I think Trident is a good place to work I really miss the employees that's what makes Trident a tolerable place to work. I think they charge management to much that's one of the reasons I resigned. But if you want a solid job you will like this place.
Pros
You get discounts on seafood
Cons
Management sucks and you work a lot.
Very good company
Seafood Processor (Current Employee) –  Akutan, AKJuly 30, 2018
You work long hours every day 12 to 16 hours everyday
Breaks are every 3 hours the food is really good and all supervisor are very friendly and professional .
Pros
Low paid
Cons
Slots hours