Trident Seafoods Employee Reviews

Working with no gain
Seafood Processor (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 16, 2019
Do not work here. It is the worst place to work at. Management is horrible. There is no growth. They change the rules every month to fit what they want.
One of the best jobs I ever had.
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, AKMarch 14, 2019
Even I had to traveled to AK, I think It was a fun experience. I learned how to work during seventy consecutive hours with a positive attitud and doing my best with.
Pros
We had three meals at day.
Cons
We work more than 18 hours some days.
Sleeping most of the time while I could and making new friends along the way.
Commercial Fisherman (Former Employee) –  Chignik, AKMarch 9, 2019
We would have to work whenever fishing was opening and when there are closures we would have a normal day on land. So far I've learned just about everything as a deckhand but still on the verge on becoming a skiffman, and the captain of the boat. Fishing on open waters or the river makes work much more better because you get to see nature before your very eyes. But you would have to deal with rough waters, waking up early for hauls, making hauls all day, dishes everyday, and overall just making sure the boat is clean. The best part about it is getting paid more to keep the boat clean.
Pros
Free food, new friends, and big checks.
Cons
No fish, no check.
Productive and very well managed
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMarch 6, 2019
Very clean work environment. Overall they were reapectful and worked together well. They had great benefits and a great staff , if any problems were to accure they were there to solve them!
my experience in Sand Point, I feel discriminated
Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Sand Point, AKMarch 5, 2019
I worked in processing, which was generally not difficult, but psychologically I was pressured by the supervisor Annabelle, who always shouts at employees, insults, behaves gruffly, and was total discrimina- tion between the employees of the Europeans and those in Philipins, Annabelle sympathize more Philipins workers, I think that's not right, so I feel bad about this.
And in general, Philipins' workers enjoyed more rights, including choosing better positions, were offered more hours of work, even at the kitchen they were working on.
Productive and fun
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 4, 2019
You can be productive and have fun at the same time but the main focus is to do your job. Everybody is treated equally and if you don’t have a job they will find a job for you to do.
Trident is a Tuna cannery where you receive the tuna from the boat and start processing the tuna fish.
Quality Control Tuna Fish/Canned Caviar (Former Employee) –  5303 Shilsshore Ave NW seattleMarch 3, 2019
As soon as the tuna boat arrives the process starts by the fisher man putting the fish into the processing machine the would for the most part remove the none essential areas of the tuna. My job was Quality control which meant that whatever none essential parts wasn't removed from the tuna. I would remove the tuna fish from the conveyor belt. Start removing fins, gusts, head and place the tuna fish back on the belt. I was then moved to the caviar side of the cannery and learned how to remove the tuna egg from the egg sack. We would work Around 18+ hours a day seven days a week for 3 months Straight.
Pros
Free room, board with free food.
Cons
long hours and no sleep
Unique work environment experience
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Ketchikan, Sand Point, St.Paul Island, PetersburgMarch 2, 2019
Be ready to work every day for more than 8 hours. Very helpful if you're able to handle being assigned to different work station during your shift. Big plus if you get along with your co-workers.
Pros
Free meals, bed to sleep in
Cons
Some roomates can be annoying
Good place for quick cash
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WAFebruary 24, 2019
Would not recommend as a career the supervisor lilah is a slave driver and the philipinos are quite racist and often make fun of me for eating food in the break room. The only way I would ever enjoy this job is drilling a hole through my head or getting a lobotomy.
if you love the boat life its a great place to be
Floating processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 23, 2019
work 16 hours a day doing whatever needed to be done working with other people from around the world the hardest part could be the temp you work in and the best part was the time off but still able to go back on the ship for another contract
Pros
free living
Cons
no land for long periods of time
Seafood processor - ak local
Seafood processor (Former Employee) –  AlaskaFebruary 6, 2019
I learned that a good worker is appreciated in USA and that this work is appreciated and respected When he wants to make progress he has opportunities
Pros
Lunches no fre, great food.
Cons
Break 15 minutes for every 3 hours. Health care is great.
Worst Job I have Had
Seasonal Frozen Food Packer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 5, 2019
Terrible management and hours. Almost no possible way to speak with management. Constantly harassed about time, even when using the restroom. The time keepers would enter the restroom and try and force you out if in there for more than three minutes.
Pros
None at all.
Cons
Horrible hours, treatment, management, and work environment.
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, AKJanuary 4, 2019
Work is fun at times but it’s a very long hours working and you’re working in fast paced work standing the whole time. It is very cold and lots of water going you’re stepping
Pros
Free food, lodge, laundry and boots
Cons
Long hours of job
workplace
Food Processor (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 4, 2019
Management at the time I was there could have been better. It seemed like they didnt care about anything but making sure you pushed out more than enough production.
Ok place too work
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 4, 2019
At trident I cleaned and sterilied the machines in the warehouse it is a seafood processing job the workers work on a assembly line while there working we just found with a water hose spreading things that need to be cleaned
Good working in a plant
Quality Assurance, QA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Akutan, AK 99553January 2, 2019
Its a seafood processing plant youll learn alot about different species such as halibut, grey cod, black cod, crabs such as king crabs opilios and other more
Pros
Free accomodation and food
Cons
Shorr breaks
Terrible place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 26, 2018
I was a contractor with Tradesman, I am a combo pipe welder tricked me to work there under false pretenses wanted me to fit pipe than weld it up with nothing but a green firewatch to help me. Tradesman had me do a fit test for a respirator and I missed a day and they fired me. Was happy about it, over all they racist and expect the moon for low pay.
Great Workplace
Summer Intern - Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WADecember 23, 2018
I enjoyed working there very much and would recommend the experience to anyone. the hours were fair and the staff treated me like family. even though i worked there partially for three months after high school it was a great experience
Absolutely Amazing
GLOBAL SALES EXPORT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 10, 2018
If I hadn't needed to relocate to be closer to home, I never would've left. I would highly recommend anyone apply. The atmosphere is so welcoming and everyone is wonderful to work with.
Terrible place to work
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WADecember 8, 2018
I asked for just a day off and then left because I wasn’t feeling good so they fired me. I showed up everyday and they forced me to work seven days a week. The management can never get anything done nor can the Human Resources. All and all they are a little racist and let only certain people get away with stuff.