Trident Security Employee Reviews

It's great, if you're in a pinch.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2019
It isn't an awful place to work (Phoenix Children's specifically). The pay was pretty bad at the time (I've heard it's gone up) and the overtime was either "work a 16 hour shift" or nothing at all at the end of my time there. They did pay weekly, however, but they no longer do that I believe.

Overall, they turned over staff very quickly due to low pay and poor on site management. They also limited how you could provide assistance by strictly enforcing "observe and report ONLY". I felt more or less useless in most situations there due to the fact that I was afraid I'd get fired if I defended myself.

Also, I got paid 11.25 an hour and ended up not even getting the little bump they have everyone else by the time I had moved on to my current job. Everyone else was at 11.50 while I remained at 11.25, for some reason, and it never got fixed in the end.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Low pay, overtime had to be done in doubles, which can wear you out quickly, boring, Observe and Report ONLY
it is a job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2019
security work, you will be required to be ontime, in uniform, and be able to complete a full shift. you better already have medical coverage, because the comapny they use is worthless.
Pros
uniforms
Cons
on site bosses attitudes
April 15, 2019

Good Morning,

I appreciate you letting me know about the supervisor's attitude. I'm sorry that you are dealing with that. Can you please give me a call so we can discuss about this more in detail? I'd like to hear more about your challenges at the site and see how we can fix them.

602-845-3837

Good company to work for
Security Officer/gatestaff (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 6, 2019
Trident Security is one of the best security companies the the valley to work for. I've met a lot of cool people working here. The managers are fair and helpful. Everone in the main office is great, very professional.
Pros
Good locations, good pay rates, good company
Cons
Working overnight can be rough
April 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your new job. Please let us know if you need anything!

602-889-0770

Management and co-workers treat me well.
Security Gaurd (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 4, 2019
Hiring process, no problem, friendly staff, management is straight
with me. Co-workers are great. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe those with bad reviews are not,,, I don't know. I've been treated well, not lied to and accommodated when needed. Other companies I have worked for have not met these standards.
Pros
Great co-workers, understanding management.
Cons
not much
April 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We're glad to hear that the hiring process was seamless and transparent throughout the process. We are happy to hear that your experience with us so far has been enjoyable.

Please let us know if you need anything!

Pretty chill
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2019
I am a current employee and it is actually pretty fun, a lot of interaction with people. It’s a great job for anyone with a guard card. It is super easy and Laid back.
Pros
Work environment, raises, people
Cons
Some people show up late
March 25, 2019

I appreciate you letting us know about people showing up late to the site. We do have a strict attendance policy. I'd be happy to bring this to the attention of the Account Manager. Can you please give me a call when you get a moment?

602-845-3837

Run run as fast as you can.
Security (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 14, 2019
They only thing good is the lunch they feed you on your first day while they are telling you what a great, family oriented company it is. Lol not true
March 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us was not enjoyable. Can you please give me a call so that I can find out what happened at your site?

clean and nice enviornement
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 13, 2019
Security duties in a private residential community. Workplace culture really nice with a lot of friendly people. Being able to provide safety for everyone.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
standing for long periods of time without a break
March 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Can you please give me a call so we can discuss your experience working at our Gated Community? I want to find out what caused you to stand for long periods of time without a break. Any feedback would be very helpful.

Thank you!

602-845-3837

Great company to work and grow at.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 11, 2019
Just a great company to work for. I learned how to make badges working for this company. My typical day was very busy making badges and assisting visitor's and contractor's.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your new job and have taken on new responsibilities at your site. Thanks for helping to make Trident Security a great place to work!

Good pay, hard work
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2019
I enjoyed working for Trident. My commute sucked since I had about a 30 min drive each way. I didn't mind that. You usually get the worst shift available to start out. Graves were hard. Being on your feet all day, doing lock ups and patrols was a little stressful at times. Overall it's a decent company to Work for.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Work hours sucked!
Lack of motivation to return calls
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2019
In the beginning they are all good, but when it comes time to job placement, they drag their feet. They also hold your guard card hostage until you pay them back for it.
January 31, 2019

I'm sorry to hear that we didn't reach out to you in a timely manner. Please give me a call when you get a moment. I'd be happy to assist.

Sr. Recruiter
Trident Security
602-845-3837

One of the better private security employers
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 6, 2018
I've only been with the company but so far it has been a positive experience. The recruiter was extremely helpful and easy to work with. The HR rep and the security site manager were also great at guiding me through the on boarding process. I was placed at a good location where the contract calls for higher pay and I have a decent schedule. The officers I work with have been helpful as well in training me up for the duties expected at that location. So far, so good!
Pros
One of the better private security companies, many work sites, schedules, competitive pay.
Cons
While the pay is competitive the health insurance, if you have a spouse or family, is way too costly with sub standard coverage.
I loved it
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 22, 2018
I would work there again if they had anything open for me to work, I had to have surgery and I just needed a couple more hours a week and I would have been set!
April 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest review. I appreciate you letting us know about your experience with Trident Security. We wish you continued success!

Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 20, 2018
I wish I could go back but no current openings, everyone is really great and they take care of you. I’ve had residents yell at me and get belligerent, the office of the community took action because of my Captain.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your honest review. I appreciate you letting us know about your experience with Trident Security. We know that there are some sites that can be a little difficult and have looked into the situation you mentioned above. Thank you for being respectful and handling the situation professionally.

Productive and relaxed workspace
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2018
Great place. Great people. Managers are understanding. You are your own boss to an extent. Like a gear in a well oiled machine, if you get your work done, everything continues on smoothly and happily.
April 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience with us. We're glad to hear that you enjoy working with your co-workers and leaders.

Please let us know if we can help with anything.

Awesome place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 8, 2018
I was referred to Trident by a friend of mine. He mentioned that they have a great culture and help with the guard card process. When I talked to the recruiter, he told me that they would get me in for an interview and then for guard card training. The best part was that they would take the cost of the card out of my first 4 checks!!!

I got placed after my guard card came in. They were very attentive and helped me get into a site that works for me and my wife's schedule. There's room for advancement and to grow. I'm really excited!
Pros
Hours, pay, benefits, management
Cons
no 401k or retirement
OK Place to Work
Guard (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZSeptember 10, 2018
It varies on which post you are assigned but typically this an easy-going company to work for. And there are a lot of posts so you can try different locations until you find a good fit.
This was and awesome experience
Securtiy Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, NJAugust 27, 2018
The trident had some amazing people working here. The management was very kind. I love working nights. The job was really slow paced and I enjoyed exploring the the perimeters for the local businesses. I really miss working for you. the hardest part of my job was keeping the homeless people off the business properties. and to ensure the safety of incoming and outgoing shoppers
Pros
working with exciting people everyday
Cons
trying to get rid of the homeless people
Dont Care about Employees
Investigative Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZAugust 26, 2018
Very political and management does not protect you they just fire you if some one makes a complaint. They pay very little for what they want you to do.
Tridents workplace culture is that of understanding and cooperation.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2018
upon hiring me I had failed to mention to management that i was in the process of taking care of some medical issues i had instead of choosing another candidate the hiring team at Trident Security worked with me by showing both understanding and cooperation. not only did they give me time to get my medical records in order they also suggested a few physicians that accepted my insurance.
March 25, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know a little bit about Trident Security. We greatly appreciate your honest and informative review.

Great Place Of Employment
Gaurd (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2018
Nothing but good things to say.. This Is Where You Want To Be. Great Training. Great Opportunity For Company Advancement. Sponsored Gaurd Card Training
Pros
Great Pay, Benifits, Helpful And Welcoming Co Workers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trident Security. Our community is ready to answer.