TriHealth Inc. Employee Reviews

great place to work!
Health and Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHNovember 7, 2018
I absolutely love the environment of trihealth. The coworkers are amazing, its like a family! The only thing that could be different is the pay but other than that very positive place!
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
pay
Fun work experience, and great work team
Helpdesk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 6, 2018
I have gained a lot of work experience working with triHealth, they helped me learn new skills and work techniques. They had a great work team that helped me train for the job.
A good place to work
Guest Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2018
If you have strong interpersonal skills and a serving heart, this is a good place to work. Organizational skills and empathy toward your fellow man is a must.
Its okay
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2018
It's okay I have been employed for 6 years sometimesif feels like there isn't and opportunity for advancement with in the company I have applied at multiple department
Pros
No pros
Cons
No cons
Chaotic Work Environment
Front Office Specialist/MA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 30, 2018
I worked for TriHealth Priority Care for about two years and I was hired as one of the first employees while the building was still being built. I helped get office and medical supplies set up and helped with any finishing touches that needed done before we were ready to open. Within the first week of opening we had a girl decide never to show up again and no notice which left me to pick up her hours. I didn't mind at first but as time went on it became a huge pattern. It seemed a "warm body" was better than a competent employee and the stress just kept piling on for many of the other employees. We had three locations, two opened after our location which left us with little management direction and our "supervisor" was clueless on how to actually manage an office and the staff. Much of her work was delegated to me with no recognition on how I could clearly do her job better than she could and I by no means mean to sound arrogant, only factual. There were many days we were short staffed and running around like mad individuals because the help we did have, knew nothing on our processes. When I was hired I was promised a new job title was in the works to allow LPN's working as MA's and front office staff to be placed into a higher pay grade. Every time I followed up I was told it was still in the works. Two years later, nothing. When review time came around it was a crock, because every employee received the exact same amount of a raise, even those who were clearly not deserving. During the flu season we were seeing over a hundred patients daily, no breaks, no lunch break, working  more... well over our twelve hour shifts. This was not great for me at the time being 7-8 months pregnant. There were several staff members that honestly did what they wanted and even would leave for long periods without clocking out with no repercussions. I will say I had a group of ladies who were very knowledgeable, and the only ones I wanted to work with and still keep in contact with today; they also no longer work for the facility, and those who do only work a few hours or as needed. The last time we were in the facility for my husband to be treated there was a terribly long wait and not many patients to be seen, the bathroom was filthy, and the entire place had garbage laying about the facility. It made me very sad to see this place go down hill so fast, and I hope it addresses it's issues to make it the amazing place I know it could be. It was a great concept of an organization.  less
Pros
Short commute, Innovative
Cons
Short to no breaks, lack of effective communication, lack of management, no recognition, no seniority, poor healthcare insurance
Poor management with little communication
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 28, 2018
I can tell you that TriHealth does have a lot of programs and positions to improve the health outcomes of the community. Unfortunately, TriHealth does not follow up due to poor training, lack of resources, and little support from management. I worked in a difficult, but rewarding position as a Community Health Worker and I enjoyed working with my Clients, but I could not continue working there. I had little professional training outside of a few days of corporate training and shadowing another coworker for a few weeks. There were conflicting ideas on how to do certain aspects of the job and it was frustrating in trying to do my best when no one could agree on what was the right way to do a certain task. There were budget cuts removing and/or reducing the tools and resources that I used on a daily basis to help my clients. And there were many things I saw and heard that were unprofessional and unethical. I don't regret doing the job because I learned a lot while I was there but I am happy to leave TriHealth for a better opportunity for myself. I recommend going to Children's or the Health Department if you want to pursue a position as a Community Health Worker.
Pros
coworkers, healthcare
Cons
management, budget cuts
RN Circulator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 15, 2018
The managers are fair and supportive. I enjoy working with some of the most experienced people I’ve ever met. They’re able to help me move further with my skills
Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2018
Stay focused opportunity for progression. Loved the atmosphere and employees. I felt like I was part of something meaningful and shared the company's core values. I work to incorporate them in my everyday life.
Team and productive working environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHOctober 2, 2018
Ideal workplace culture with team spirit and shared responsibility for shared goal. I am eager to learn new ideas and implement in my own day to day activities. I function as a team and individually.
fun place to be.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 1, 2018
everyone is helpful and friendly. room for growth. Diversity predominates and makes it a cultural environment. The academic environment is challenging.
Pros
good place to be
TriHealth
Clinical Care Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Overall the department I work in works well with as a mother of 3, Very flexible and willing to allow employees room to grow. The hiring process can take a few weeks.
Caring and Thoughtful Environment
Access Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton, OHSeptember 17, 2018
This was my college job as a registrar. It was a nice careful and thoughful work enviroment when i was there. Very flexible position with great management.
Pros
Great Job
Cons
Tedious Work
A great place to work
Histology Technician, ASCP (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 16, 2018
This is a large Histology lab that encompasses all the facets of Histology applications. It's busy, but not chaotic, ever challenging, and never boring. It has been my most favorite place to work.
Pros
lots to do, fair rotations through the departments
Cons
Too many mandatory email oblgations which pull us away from our job.
Great place to start your career
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 14, 2018
I have been there for 9 years. This is by far, hands down the best place to work.We are non stop from 730am to 6 pm . The doctors push us hard but we like being in the top of the offices at TriHealth so we do not mind at the end of the day. We treat our patients like we would want our family members to be treated.
Pros
Family oriented, insurance is good, we have say in some office decisions.
Cons
Long hours, alot of hard fast paced work
Fun co-workers
RRT (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2018
There has been a lot of change at Good Samaritan Hospital mostly geared towards patient care. As an employee a lot of the job perks have been taken away.
Department is understaffed
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 28, 2018
What began as an enjoyable and challenging job has turned into a very stressful and overwhelming work environment. This department is very understaffed with a high turnover rate.
Pros
overtime available, paid holidays
Cons
understaffed
Overall, a great environment
IT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2018
This was another temporary position for me, but my time was well spent once we started the relocation project. Almost every day, there were things to be done, whether it was the main project or not. My only complaint was a lack of effective communication from time to time. One instance was when we had to prepare pallets with printers to be taken by a contracted company and it took a much longer time to get them taken care of than was expected.
Pros
Free lunch every so often, kind management individuals
Cons
Lackluster communication every so often
Very productive, educational, and fun environment to work
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2018
Typical about 4-6 evaluations a day, about 7 follow-up patients. average of 12-14 patients per day. Most of the patient population is outpatient orthopedic, however we also see neurological conditions and balance as well. Learned a lot about manual techniques, balance testing. We see patients of all different races and cultures. Most difficult part of the job would be scheduling because we have a high volume of patients needing to be seen for evaluations. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients and seeing their joy when they start to see progress.
Pros
workplace comradery
Cons
no call, no shows
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2018
I like working at Trihealth, however salary could be a little more competitive. Benefits are good. They could offer more vacation days. I personally was very unhappy with my manager she was very intimidating and unapproachable. She only said "Good morning" to certain people. She definitely does not use her "always behaviors."
Excellent work place culture doing incredibly valuable and highly valued work in the community
Staff Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 3, 2018
I worked at Hospice of Cincinnati full-time for almost 3 years. It is part of a larger health system called TriHealth which handles all the HR work.

Pros:
Excellent competitive wages and benefits, Hospice of Cincinnati engenders a great sense of teamwork, has excellent leadership at the helm promoting quality of care which enforces compliance with regulations. Many staff are long-term thus not as much turnover as in some companies. This hospice has an excellent reputation in the community and has been around for 41 years (as of 2018.) Everyone works very hard but compassionate and high quality professional care quite evident. They only hire the best.

Cons:
Census overload can happen frequently affecting work/life balance; salaried team members can put in very long hours. Everyone works very hard.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above