TriHealth Inc. Employee Reviews

Excellent work place culture doing incredibly valuable and highly valued work in the community
Staff Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 3, 2018
I worked at Hospice of Cincinnati full-time for almost 3 years. It is part of a larger health system called TriHealth which handles all the HR work.

Pros:
Excellent competitive wages and benefits, Hospice of Cincinnati engenders a great sense of teamwork, has excellent leadership at the helm promoting quality of care which enforces compliance with regulations. Many staff are long-term thus not as much turnover as in some companies. This hospice has an excellent reputation in the community and has been around for 41 years (as of 2018.) Everyone works very hard but compassionate and high quality professional care quite evident. They only hire the best.

Cons:
Census overload can happen frequently affecting work/life balance; salaried team members can put in very long hours. Everyone works very hard.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Play employees against one another.
Valet Security Dept./Safety (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2018
Trihealth only took care of people who did the bear minimum. They did not promote you for working above and beyond. break down departments and replace employees with outsource companies
Pros
401K benefit package
Cons
short breaks, break down departments and replace employees with outsource companies
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2018
I like working at Trihealth, however salary could be a little more competitive. Benefits are good. They could offer more vacation days. I personally was very unhappy with my manager she was very intimidating and unapproachable. She only said "Good morning" to certain people. She definitely does not use her "always behaviors."
Front Desk
MEDICAL OFFICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2018
The office setting was amazing! Tri Health's Mason Montgomery Road location was a multi-practice office. The Muliti-practice office offered knowledge of more than one department along with offering room for growth.
Pros
Exceptional work facility, good benefits
Cons
Inflexible work schedule
Good company
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHJuly 23, 2018
Good company to work for. Plenty of opportunity to transfer to other departments. Tuition reimbursement is available. Coworkers and supervisors were easy to get along with.
Pros
Health benefits day 1, on bus line, nice working environment
Cons
Not many paid holidays
Chaotic Work Environment
Front Office Specialist/MA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 30, 2018
I worked for TriHealth Priority Care for about two years and I was hired as one of the first employees while the building was still being built. I helped get office and medical supplies set up and helped with any finishing touches that needed done before we were ready to open. Within the first week of opening we had a girl decide never to show up again and no notice which left me to pick up her hours. I didn't mind at first but as time went on it became a huge pattern. It seemed a "warm body" was better than a competent employee and the stress just kept piling on for many of the other employees. We had three locations, two opened after our location which left us with little management direction and our "supervisor" was clueless on how to actually manage an office and the staff. Much of her work was delegated to me with no recognition on how I could clearly do her job better than she could and I by no means mean to sound arrogant, only factual. There were many days we were short staffed and running around like mad individuals because the help we did have, knew nothing on our processes. When I was hired I was promised a new job title was in the works to allow LPN's working as MA's and front office staff to be placed into a higher pay grade. Every time I followed up I was told it was still in the works. Two years later, nothing. When review time came around it was a crock, because every employee received the exact same amount of a raise, even those who were clearly not deserving. During the flu season we were seeing over a hundred patients daily, no breaks, no lunch break, working  more... well over our twelve hour shifts. This was not great for me at the time being 7-8 months pregnant. There were several staff members that honestly did what they wanted and even would leave for long periods without clocking out with no repercussions. I will say I had a group of ladies who were very knowledgeable, and the only ones I wanted to work with and still keep in contact with today; they also no longer work for the facility, and those who do only work a few hours or as needed. The last time we were in the facility for my husband to be treated there was a terribly long wait and not many patients to be seen, the bathroom was filthy, and the entire place had garbage laying about the facility. It made me very sad to see this place go down hill so fast, and I hope it addresses it's issues to make it the amazing place I know it could be. It was a great concept of an organization.  less
Pros
Short commute, Innovative
Cons
Short to no breaks, lack of effective communication, lack of management, no recognition, no seniority, poor healthcare insurance
good benefits
Certified Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHJune 11, 2018
Trihealth had good benefits and hours. I enjoyed my time there working with certain providers and I loved the patients. Management wasn't there to support you. I learned not to trust people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
No benefits
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2018
Health benefits were eliminated for employees shortly before I took the part-time job here. Several co-workers had to look for other jobs because they were the provider of those benefits. Hard to understand how a health care organization justifies NOT providing health care for all employees.
Pros
free membership at the club
Cons
lack of any health care benefits
TriHealth
Laundry tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits. It is easier to advance if you actually work in the health and medical field. TriHealth also has great programs for their employees in need.
Extremely disappointing experience
RN (Former Employee) –  Evendale, OHApril 23, 2018
Run, don't walk if you're considering an onsite occupational health nurse position! Do not be fooled by the high-energy orientation that makes you believe you're becoming part of an empathetic, inclusive, and professional organization. They seem to have no clue what's going on at other sites.
I am a very experienced and tenured RN, and I have never experienced anything remotely close to this with any other employer.
My personal experience- NO organized training, NO workflows to utilize/study, I had no computer, desk, work phone, or designated chair the entire time that I worked there. My "training" consisted of observing the retiring person I was replacing, who struggled with the "three" computer systems utilized. Then, after suffering a severe respiratory allergic reaction due likely to a chemical in the onsite plant, and asking to work from another building, I was fired - citing "cell phone use" in the workplace. However, cell phone was used when responding to immediate supervisor's texts, calls, and emails. This was an unprofessional and dissapointing experience. The place is corrupt in my opinion, and it seemed that they just wanted to avoid air quality testing, based on my observations and experiences. I will not only discourage my RN friends from working there, but I will also refrain from utilizing TriHealth services as a patient in any means. Very disappointing.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Management, Occ Health Hazards, Air Quality
Highly rated workplace by many reviewers
Leave of Absence (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 14, 2018
TriHealth is a growing health care organization offering competitive salaries and benefits. Supports nursing certifications, is a Magnet health care organization.
Need to improve culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2018
Most people that are involved in patient care are compassionate, however many managers are always worried about losing their jobs and tell their boss whatever they think they want to hear rather than the truth.
Pros
Benefits including healthcare, vision, dental
Cons
New CEO
It was a great place to work, and I learned a grreat deal about managing the operations and the people that supported the Laboratory.
Laboratory Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2017
The hospital invested a great deal of time and money in regards to training the management team. The difficulty in the past few years was that there were cuts in staffing, My job became too difficult to balance patient care, taking care of physician's needs, and being told no, when asking for staff when my budget was always doing well and in check. I enjoyed working close with the physicians, nursing, and ancillary departments. My greatest satisfaction was my patients, and building the outpatient business. I had patients that would drive miles from Northern Kentucky to come for their lab work because of the relationship that I built with the patients. I was well thought of, and enjoyed my job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Staffing issues
Patient first
Scheduling Coordinator/Assistant/Billing (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 4, 2018
Good Samaritan is a patient first hospital! It is a great place to work. I enjoy the interaction between myself and the patients. Positive employee interaction between management and staff.
benefits
Cons
no overtime
Great place to start your career
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 14, 2018
I have been there for 9 years. This is by far, hands down the best place to work.We are non stop from 730am to 6 pm . The doctors push us hard but we like being in the top of the offices at TriHealth so we do not mind at the end of the day. We treat our patients like we would want our family members to be treated.
Pros
Family oriented, insurance is good, we have say in some office decisions.
Cons
Long hours, alot of hard fast paced work
I worked for the company 19 years ,loved what I did and the educational opportunities available.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 8, 2018
19 years of stellar reviews ,participated in benchmark studies, Quality Improvement Committee ,Nursing Practice Council and received 2 Meredith Shriner scholarships . Tri Health hired outside temporary oversight whom terminated me on falsities for which Human Resource department did nothing for me the employee and stood behind faulty management. SHAME
Wonderful Organization, great culture
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Wished I could have stayed on, expected outsourcing of position. Frustrated with efforts to find another position. 50 applications internally in 3 years yielded NOTHING. Still love this company. Lots of terrific people doing great work. Would go back tomorrow if they would have me. Love the corporate culture, great customer service. Great benefits.
Pros
Pay, benefits, organizational culture
Cons
Unable to move within the organization
Value of employees
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHNovember 30, 2018
For six years I have greeted patients, takes vitals, take chief complaint, updates history, review medication and provide refills, performs EKG.

My knowledge base has grown immensely. TriHealth has classes where you can learn and grow.

My manager has been so supportive. Always asking if I need any equipment or improve the functioning of my office. Managers will hold monthly staff meetings where we can voice are opinions/concerns.

I love my coworkers - we have worked together for years, and we help each other when needed.

I really enjoy the patients. We see them every 6 months or so, and they recognize me and we'll catch up either medically or personally. It really makes my job enjoyable!

We have a different cardiologist everyday - I get along with all of them
Pros
I work when the doctors work, so if they are in the office at 7:30, I begin my day early, there are times when we will have a half day or a doctor will be off, that's really a perk
Cons
At times when a physician schedule runs into lunch, and I don't get a lunch. That's my only complaint.
Overall, a great environment
IT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 16, 2018
This was another temporary position for me, but my time was well spent once we started the relocation project. Almost every day, there were things to be done, whether it was the main project or not. My only complaint was a lack of effective communication from time to time. One instance was when we had to prepare pallets with printers to be taken by a contracted company and it took a much longer time to get them taken care of than was expected.
Pros
Free lunch every so often, kind management individuals
Cons
Lackluster communication every so often
Poor management with little communication
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 28, 2018
I can tell you that TriHealth does have a lot of programs and positions to improve the health outcomes of the community. Unfortunately, TriHealth does not follow up due to poor training, lack of resources, and little support from management. I worked in a difficult, but rewarding position as a Community Health Worker and I enjoyed working with my Clients, but I could not continue working there. I had little professional training outside of a few days of corporate training and shadowing another coworker for a few weeks. There were conflicting ideas on how to do certain aspects of the job and it was frustrating in trying to do my best when no one could agree on what was the right way to do a certain task. There were budget cuts removing and/or reducing the tools and resources that I used on a daily basis to help my clients. And there were many things I saw and heard that were unprofessional and unethical. I don't regret doing the job because I learned a lot while I was there but I am happy to leave TriHealth for a better opportunity for myself. I recommend going to Children's or the Health Department if you want to pursue a position as a Community Health Worker.
Pros
coworkers, healthcare
Cons
management, budget cuts