Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Thankful fir the job opp
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 19, 2018
It was a good learning experience. Love the job that was offered to me just wish that it wouldve been more consistent and the pay wouldvebe a little better
Pros
Free lunch on some fridays
Cons
Offed good benifits
Promises promises
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
It started off ok, then extra work without increase pay or recognition. No opportunity for growth either just extra work with little pay. There are good people and bad. The good are fastly leaving. Company culture is slowly fading as the employee in the cooperate office in Houston are ignored.
Pros
Some of the people are great to work with, but that's fastly changing as the good ones leave.
Cons
Poor pay and no opportunity for advancement. You'll be used up till there's nothing left.
Dont you fall for the BS
Owner Operator Driver (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 3, 2018
No money to be made here just manipulating manager that have no sense of management just to RIP you off with cheap made in China equipment that dont work trailers dont work always breaking down or slow always fighting to get paid what you work for dont expect to get paid to empty miles or for wait time and reject load and not enough oil to go around no pay for taking in the trailer for services on trailer expect to work for free cus if they can they will steal from you and lie specially managment not two ppl know what's going on in the company and blame who ever is not in the room poor everything is poor cus no other option is not a option here
May 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience with Trimac. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Please reach out to our team if there is anything we could do to improve your experience with Trimac.

Dangerous job for little pay
Lead Washbay Tech (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVOctober 16, 2018
Working on top of these tanker trucks while they were wet was very dangerous. Also you would inhale a lot of fumes from the hot caustic we used to clean them out. Morale was very low for the time I worked there. A new manager came in from outside the company and really made things worse, in my opinion. I relocated back to West Virginia shortly after.
Pros
I got to learn how to drive a 18 wheeler
Cons
dangerous
non-productive
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631December 10, 2018
good place when i started. Took $4000.00 cut in pay because of where i lived. Poor maintence on equip..Was dropped to a cents per mile instead of hourly pay
Typical large corporation
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Portage, INJuly 22, 2017
Typical big company with lots of rules. corporate always coming in and pushing so many loads the customer gets annoyed. people who run hard are expected to do extra loads while lazy people intentionally drag their feet and make the hard workers day longer. the branch manager is pretty good if you have an issue or need something they will work with you and try to keep you happy. where they can. dispatcher/traffic monitor always telling you how to do your job when they don't even have a CDL. equipment was ok. trucks are governed and have on board driver assists that are annoying. trailers at the branch I was at are wearing and maintenance is spotty due to trying to cut costs. the work day is ok if you don't get stuck waiting. you can make decent money here if you want to work for it. overall rating is ok. not the best but not the worst. lots of rules and BS.
Pros
benefits, guarantee pay
Cons
lazy slow people
Good Company
Operations Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 26, 2018
Good Company, Great Safety culture. Reasonable opportunities to advance. The are very employee friendly and are willing to allow people to share their opinions.
Pros
Good People
Cons
A lot of hours
July 27, 2018

Thank you for the glowing 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Good people work for the company.
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 17, 2018
I would rather not comment on company. They have lots of good people working for them. The mutual respect between employees is a very good trait. Need to improve the respect in the company overall.
Pros
Good people working for the company.
Cons
Company needs to respect their employees.
If you like being unappreciated while being over worked and under paid this is the job for you
Diesel Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 15, 2017
They will work you to death and then spit in your face with a 25 cent raise. Management will not acknowledge any good things you do but will slit your throat the first time you make a mistake.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Worst managment ever, bullying and favorism
good place to work before current managment started
Crude Oil Hauler (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 1, 2018
good place to work if it were not for the current management. had work 99% of the time, the company took away paid wait time but was still claiming it on my behalf. most trucks were automatic transmissions, real truck drivers hate autos. field manager lies about everything.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
only slot that gave 3 loads or more was 3pm. difficult to get that slot.
May 11, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input! We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Please reach out to our team if there is anything we could do to improve your experience with Trimac.

Great place to learn tankers but falls off quickly after that
Class A OTR Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 23, 2017
Benefits are really bad (very high deductibles)

Dispatch doesnt care and dont have a clue. Forget getting intouch with them after hours or weekends. Send you to Canada, get to border and your crossing has not been submitted, no big deal Ill call, wrong no answer, thanks for not doing your job which by the in this case I went to dispatch before leaving for Canada and asked if everything was submitted, yeah sure is was the response lol

Paychecks are constantly messed up, what makes it worse is you have to argue with office ladies at your terminal over your pay and you still wont get paid. This is a weekly or biweekly issue at the Geismar terminal.

Safety is a job, or at our terminal it is

I wouldnt hesitate to use them to get into tankers but run fast as you can once you can jump ship to a better tanker outfit
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else
Decent company in the beginning.
Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAJuly 25, 2018
Too much nepotism involved with the hiring process. Some positions were not posted for qualified existing employees to apply for. Owner operators have a better chance of suceeding there.
July 26, 2018

Might be good, but not in Geismar...
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAApril 28, 2013
I had high hopes for this company... But working in Geismar was a nightmare and when I tried to transfer they would not let me even. Long days - 12 hours. Calls at home ALL THE TIME when you're supposed to be off. They don't care about family life at all, at least not in the Geismar terminal. I really enjoyed my times spent in the Texas operations for training and visiting and would loved to have been allowed to transfer there, but they would rather lose their good help than allow them to transfer. They have a very high turnover rate in their management and supervisors at the terminal levels... signs of problems that they choose to ignore at the corporate level.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
they don't care about you as a person or that you might have a family.
Always changing
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Galt, CANovember 22, 2014
Not a bad place to work. Good Equipment, Decent manager. Too many changes in the wages for the OTR drivers 3 changes in 2 months time. They took away the incentive to work harder by changing the pay scale from Miles to hourly. What you could make in four days now takes 5+ days. So you work longer for less money. Took away safety bonuses, took away subsistence pay also. They gave the local drivers a big raise and a pay cut for the OTR drivers. The management has listened to the complaints about the pay cut but has not budged to at least pay the OTR drivers what they were making before they went to paying hourly. Team drivers moral is low. But what can you expect when they give them a pay cut and tell them it is not a pay cut. The drivers are not stupid, They can add and subtract. You do not feel valued,that was not the case until they moved from Mileage base pay to hourly base pay. They will loose some great drivers. They need to adjust the pay rate and pay the OTR teams at least what they were making before they went to hourly.
Pros
They let you do your job without micro managing.
Cons
Lacks Life balance Pay decrease for OTR drivers
Poorly ran business
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 7, 2018
Not a company you want to work for. All the branch manager & dispatchers do is LIE, LIE & MORE LIES. Go find a better life elsewhere to make money!!!!
Pros
Home parking with your truck
Cons
No money, long hours, poorly manage & long wait times
May 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you were not satisfied with your situation while at Trimac. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Please reach out to our team if there is anything we could do to improve your experience with Trimac.

Loader (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 18, 2018
Good place to work and gain experience in the trucking business.. learning about the different types of hazardous materials and also how to handle them and load them onto tanker trucks.
July 19, 2018

is a ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
is a ok place to work could be a lot better , and could pay more or offer intensives for the employees , like a yearly bonus or better pay raise than what they do.
Cons
does not promote within or pay great
Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 11, 2017
Good Company to work for. No work life balance. May require some long hours as well as weekend work. Good benefits. New management could use some managerial and coaching classes.
Canada company
Cryogenic Bulk Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CANovember 2, 2016
They come and go from place to place. CONTRACT DRIVERS is what the hire. They offer to run the drivers cheaper and more efficient. This place comes and goes from place to place. Hire and fire 50 drivers every time they can get a deal on a new contract.

If you want to get off "the road" come here. This is not the place to go for any long term work or benefits. However, short time work it's an OK place to work.

Keep an eye on your paycheck, it will be shorted often!

Most the drivers joined a lawsuit successfully suing trimac for unpaid lunch breaks.
Pros
home daily
Cons
Here today and gone tomorrow
Great pay, benefit packages.
Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 21, 2017
Huge company, so rather hard to move up due to the requirement of multiple director "approvals." Most of management is very empathetic with the employees. There is a lot of focus on retention but only for the driver force. Seems to be a lot of turn over for management level employees.
Pros
great pay, great benefits
Cons
Hard to move up, too many directors/layers of management, lots of responsibility for even lower level employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.