Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Company
Operations Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 26, 2018
Good Company, Great Safety culture. Reasonable opportunities to advance. The are very employee friendly and are willing to allow people to share their opinions.
Pros
Good People
Cons
A lot of hours
July 27, 2018

Thank you for the glowing 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Loader (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 18, 2018
Good place to work and gain experience in the trucking business.. learning about the different types of hazardous materials and also how to handle them and load them onto tanker trucks.
July 19, 2018

Dont you fall for the BS
Owner Operator Driver (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 3, 2018
No money to be made here just manipulating manager that have no sense of management just to RIP you off with cheap made in China equipment that dont work trailers dont work always breaking down or slow always fighting to get paid what you work for dont expect to get paid to empty miles or for wait time and reject load and not enough oil to go around no pay for taking in the trailer for services on trailer expect to work for free cus if they can they will steal from you and lie specially managment not two ppl know what's going on in the company and blame who ever is not in the room poor everything is poor cus no other option is not a option here
May 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience with Trimac. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Please reach out to our team if there is anything we could do to improve your experience with Trimac.

good place to work before current managment started
Crude Oil Hauler (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 1, 2018
good place to work if it were not for the current management. had work 99% of the time, the company took away paid wait time but was still claiming it on my behalf. most trucks were automatic transmissions, real truck drivers hate autos. field manager lies about everything.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
only slot that gave 3 loads or more was 3pm. difficult to get that slot.
May 11, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input! We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Please reach out to our team if there is anything we could do to improve your experience with Trimac.

Poorly ran business
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 7, 2018
Not a company you want to work for. All the branch manager & dispatchers do is LIE, LIE & MORE LIES. Go find a better life elsewhere to make money!!!!
Pros
Home parking with your truck
Cons
No money, long hours, poorly manage & long wait times
May 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you were not satisfied with your situation while at Trimac. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Please reach out to our team if there is anything we could do to improve your experience with Trimac.

Great
Disability / Sr. Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I have learned and grown so much at Trimac. Trimac is very good at developing their employees. Trimac was like a family to me. Great place to work. Great Culture
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
N.A
Over all Trimac is a good company to drive for
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LA 70734February 17, 2018
Each terminal is ran slightly differently which is due to the management of the terminal and the area that it is responsible for It want it equipment to stay moving at all time. The hardest part is the lack of home time..
Good People,
Branch Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I really enjoyed my job and the people that I worked for and with. The new guys and the old timers that had been driving / dispatching for 25+ years, just needed more hours.
Pros
Involvement in Company Matters
Cons
Not enough hours for my position
good co.
Tank Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wellford, SCJanuary 21, 2018
pay was average most employees good to work with,most employees were knowledgeable about their jobs,some of the office staff could have been better,upper management was good.
Pros
nice equipment
Cons
long hrs.
had a nice break room
Tank Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LADecember 9, 2017
a typical day working at trimac get to work get dressed and then we would have a safety meeting and talk about what trailers had to go out and what time they had to be ready I learned how to prep tanks and how to clean a lot of different products like M.D.I. , T.D.I. , Water Treatment Compound, and all kinds of oils and waste water the management was not all that good it was getting better over all its a great place to work the hardest part of my job was trying to get work done without the right tools and products to clean with and the most enjoyable part of my job when everything went right and I had no problems at all getting my work done on time
Not a good place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 3, 2017
It was not a good place to work and little room for growth. I wouldn't recommend working there.

The upper management at this company in the corporate office was mostly men and it was a sexist environment. For example, there was an event that required all of us dressed formally. A male manager actually said that it was about time the ladies started to look nice and wear skirts and dresses.

There is also a big disparity between the haves and have nots. The management would treat themselves to nice getaways but give the employees pizza and would take away the soda as soon as the event was over. They really didn't want you to have more than one.
The Company is great
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCOctober 16, 2017
Trimac is a great company to work for. I left because a golden nugget was dangled in front of my face. I loved my schedule but the pay could've been better.
Terrible place to work.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 15, 2017
The safety culture is like a cult. They make you say safety commitments every day like you're a little kid. Terrible place to work. The make up work on customer equipment, total BS. They treat you terrible. Beware!
Pros
Decent pay
Changes
Senior load planner (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXOctober 12, 2017
Transportation is change. They have good ideas about personal growth and changing for the better. They offer training for multiple subjects that could better yourself.
Pay to low
Driver (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAAugust 23, 2017
Productive and very hectic if you came in before mangement. If you had any problems you had to wait until 08:00 to get it taken care of.I learned to not let it bother me because management would give you a phone list on who to call but they would not answer the phone.
Pros
co workers
Cons
pay
If you like being unappreciated while being over worked and under paid this is the job for you
Diesel Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 15, 2017
They will work you to death and then spit in your face with a 25 cent raise. Management will not acknowledge any good things you do but will slit your throat the first time you make a mistake.
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Worst managment ever, bullying and favorism
Trimac is a well rounded company with lots of oppurtunities to grow.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYAugust 11, 2017
Working with the Team in Rock Springs has been a great experience. They care about their drivers and their drivers families. They don't make promises they cant keep. First secure job I have had in a long time. The Ladies in the Rock Springs branch do a top notch job !!!

I have crossed trained on Chemical and Industrial Gas . I have learned more working for this Company then anywhere else. You want to run you can make good money.

Equipment is leased and in good condition . Rarely do we have units break down for any long periods of time.

If you are looking for a career and not a job this is the place to go. I will retire with this Company . The best thing about it is they have branches all over the country if you want to transfer they will make that happen!!!!
Pros
Hometime, Management, and $$$$$ Career Growth
Cons
No Sirues Radio in trucks unless you want to pay for it.
Good place to work if you don't mind 60 -70 hours per week.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAAugust 3, 2017
I drove OTR for Trimac, mostly to the west coast and Canada. For an OTR driver, you can't beat the length of haul. The local branch manager and dispatch were good guys, and treat you almost as good as an actual human. I always got paid on time.
is a ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
is a ok place to work could be a lot better , and could pay more or offer intensives for the employees , like a yearly bonus or better pay raise than what they do.
Cons
does not promote within or pay great
Typical large corporation
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Portage, INJuly 22, 2017
Typical big company with lots of rules. corporate always coming in and pushing so many loads the customer gets annoyed. people who run hard are expected to do extra loads while lazy people intentionally drag their feet and make the hard workers day longer. the branch manager is pretty good if you have an issue or need something they will work with you and try to keep you happy. where they can. dispatcher/traffic monitor always telling you how to do your job when they don't even have a CDL. equipment was ok. trucks are governed and have on board driver assists that are annoying. trailers at the branch I was at are wearing and maintenance is spotty due to trying to cut costs. the work day is ok if you don't get stuck waiting. you can make decent money here if you want to work for it. overall rating is ok. not the best but not the worst. lots of rules and BS.
Pros
benefits, guarantee pay
Cons
lazy slow people