Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Trucking Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage, INMarch 18, 2019
Management, Dispatching, Payroll, Hiring, Firing, Safety Meetings, and Corporate Events, there was never enough time in a day to complete all that needed to be done.
Pros
Drivers were great
Cons
Corporate was unorganized and disrepectful
Changing culture, bad management, favoritism
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2019
I left Trimac due to poor mgmt, favoritism in several departments and no chance of advancement unless you knew the current manager previously. Very clickish company. Director of Credit/Collections cries often and openly and plays employees against each other. Management does not interact with employees and lies often. High turnover in the last 3 years.
Pros
Hours were okay, some good people still there
Cons
Mgmt plays favorites, hires friends with no experience
I loved my job sorry to have left
DISPATCHER/RATE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYMarch 13, 2019
This was the first time the company had hired a female dispatcher. I really loved it, He gave me a chance to better myself and learn something new and valuable to my future.
Pros
loved the job
Cons
I resigned when I got married
Ok if nothing better to do with your time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2019
Bulk driver makes about 13$ hour if you figure in overtime.about 150$ week for health insurance for me and wife.my kids made more working in local warehouse fresh out of school than I could make working here.got 20$ hour job now ,70 hrs pays 1700$.every week something was missing from paycheck and had to call and get straightened out
Pros
Good trucks, orientation treats you great
Cons
Lots of time spent to make little pay.need to pay by hour
TRAFFIC SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAMarch 1, 2019
Trimac is a great place to work, great money, and great management at all levels. I would definitely always be open to working at this company. I would also refer good drivers to this company.
Pros
Money, Management
Cons
layoffs
Low pay for bulk drivers
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2019
They only do bulk in Florida, In Houston they run Chemicals. The drivers in Texas make good money, so I'm told by other drivers. But I worked in Florida and the bulk cement and fly-ash pay is very low. When I first worked there they use to pay a percentage of the load and the pay was fair. They then changed the pay to a weight based pay which was very low. The pay was cut in half or more depending on the load.
Pros
Cons
very low pay
Lack of off time, lack of pay, iffy office personnel
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Portage, INJanuary 23, 2019
Had over 3 weeks vacation time unused when let go by company. Had to call off or use sick days to get some rest or time for personal matters. Got written up for excessive call offs just because you keep denying my vacation request when adequately and properly informed ahead of time. The advertising salary of 72000/yrly is misleading. You probably wont touch 60000, and that's on guaranteed pay and working 6 days every week. When branch is not busy, which is hardly never it can be relaxed. Last minute scheduling, extensive work hours make family life and compensation dismal. Everyone's working except the employees in the office which seem to be off for 3-5 days every other week. Maintenance can only do so much with 1 mechanic.
Pros
Drivers
Cons
Pay for hours worked, Management, Detroit runs
Misleading Management
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILDecember 29, 2018
Straight from Managers mouth, " You cannot believe anything you hear around here." This is the statement made to me the day I resigned. Hired as a local driver which never happened, Informed that I was to be reimbursed for equipment I purchased on the road but I was never reimbursed as promised. So many false and misleading promises, I just lost hope in Trimac. Tractors were well maintained due to Ryder contract. Great learning experience as far as Chemical Tanker delivery. For me, it was a lot of Smoke and Mirrors. Before I resigned, many drivers were becoming disillusioned by all the misleading information they were receiving from management in respect to their everyday job duties. Personally, I believe Trimac has the potential to be a great company. Not going to happen if management continually fails to be honest with the driver or fails to take an active part in the process.
Pros
Tanker Experience
Cons
Management.
non-productive
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CO 80631December 10, 2018
good place when i started. Took $4000.00 cut in pay because of where i lived. Poor maintence on equip..Was dropped to a cents per mile instead of hourly pay
Dangerous job for little pay
Lead Washbay Tech (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVOctober 16, 2018
Working on top of these tanker trucks while they were wet was very dangerous. Also you would inhale a lot of fumes from the hot caustic we used to clean them out. Morale was very low for the time I worked there. A new manager came in from outside the company and really made things worse, in my opinion. I relocated back to West Virginia shortly after.
Pros
I got to learn how to drive a 18 wheeler
Cons
dangerous
Promises promises
Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2018
It started off ok, then extra work without increase pay or recognition. No opportunity for growth either just extra work with little pay. There are good people and bad. The good are fastly leaving. Company culture is slowly fading as the employee in the cooperate office in Houston are ignored.
Pros
Some of the people are great to work with, but that's fastly changing as the good ones leave.
Cons
Poor pay and no opportunity for advancement. You'll be used up till there's nothing left.
Good people work for the company.
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 17, 2018
I would rather not comment on company. They have lots of good people working for them. The mutual respect between employees is a very good trait. Need to improve the respect in the company overall.
Pros
Good people working for the company.
Cons
Company needs to respect their employees.
Thankful fir the job opp
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 19, 2018
It was a good learning experience. Love the job that was offered to me just wish that it wouldve been more consistent and the pay wouldvebe a little better
Pros
Free lunch on some fridays
Cons
Offed good benifits
Good Company
Operations Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 26, 2018
Good Company, Great Safety culture. Reasonable opportunities to advance. The are very employee friendly and are willing to allow people to share their opinions.
Pros
Good People
Cons
A lot of hours
July 27, 2018

Thank you for the glowing 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Decent company in the beginning.
Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAJuly 25, 2018
Too much nepotism involved with the hiring process. Some positions were not posted for qualified existing employees to apply for. Owner operators have a better chance of suceeding there.
July 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience with Trimac. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Please reach out to our team if there is anything we could do to improve your experience with Trimac.

Loader (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAJuly 18, 2018
Good place to work and gain experience in the trucking business.. learning about the different types of hazardous materials and also how to handle them and load them onto tanker trucks.
July 19, 2018

Dont you fall for the BS
Owner Operator Driver (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 3, 2018
No money to be made here just manipulating manager that have no sense of management just to RIP you off with cheap made in China equipment that dont work trailers dont work always breaking down or slow always fighting to get paid what you work for dont expect to get paid to empty miles or for wait time and reject load and not enough oil to go around no pay for taking in the trailer for services on trailer expect to work for free cus if they can they will steal from you and lie specially managment not two ppl know what's going on in the company and blame who ever is not in the room poor everything is poor cus no other option is not a option here
May 11, 2018

good place to work before current managment started
Crude Oil Hauler (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 1, 2018
good place to work if it were not for the current management. had work 99% of the time, the company took away paid wait time but was still claiming it on my behalf. most trucks were automatic transmissions, real truck drivers hate autos. field manager lies about everything.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
only slot that gave 3 loads or more was 3pm. difficult to get that slot.
May 11, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input! We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Please reach out to our team if there is anything we could do to improve your experience with Trimac.

Poorly ran business
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 7, 2018
Not a company you want to work for. All the branch manager & dispatchers do is LIE, LIE & MORE LIES. Go find a better life elsewhere to make money!!!!
Pros
Home parking with your truck
Cons
No money, long hours, poorly manage & long wait times
May 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you were not satisfied with your situation while at Trimac. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Please reach out to our team if there is anything we could do to improve your experience with Trimac.

Great
Disability / Sr. Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I have learned and grown so much at Trimac. Trimac is very good at developing their employees. Trimac was like a family to me. Great place to work. Great Culture
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
N.A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.