TriMark R.W. Smith Employee Reviews

Competitive, fast paced environment with great people.
Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 8, 2018
This is not a place to work if your looking to fill space and relax. This is a go-getter environment where people play to win and deliver results. Management promotes those who have drive and who deliver. It is a colaborative environment where your coworkers push you to be your best while having your back. If you want growth and opportunities, management will show you the path and support your efforts. If your an A player, this is a great place to work. If you are a C player, you would be miserable in this environment.
Pros
Professional development support, opportunities, collaborative culture, industry leader
Cons
None - it is what you make it
Great opportunity for growth; fun projects; involved as much as I want to be
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2018
I've been afforded great professional growth while at TriMark R.W. Smith. I've been asked to lead projects and I've created projects for consideration, which have typically been accepted and initiated. I am involved in every aspect of the business that I choose to be and have worked within and outside of my professional role while helping others to develop and expand their potential.
Pros
Leadership team; Benefits; Pay; Work-Life Balance
Cons
Can't think of any
Great if you're self-motivated
Senior Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2018
This was a pretty typical field sales job where you make your own hours and earn what you sell. Support from HQ is there if you take advantage of it. Sales conferences are quarterly in San Diego.
Pros
Great benefits, work your own hours
Cons
Not enough budget for dining out/ drop ins
nice working conditions
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 11, 2018
just changed management as a new company purchased 3 small companies and merged all into one. many changes, no communication, feeling of no job security, mass kaoss
Pros
close to home, good benefits
Cons
no communication to working force
Professionally run company with great opportunities
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2016
Having worked with R.W. Smith & Co. for over ten years, I have found the company to be highly professional, well-respected within the industry, and a company that offers a sound work-life balance. Compensation and Benefits are market competitive and I have been able to create multiple opportunities for myself to enhance my knowledge through self-development opportunities and training offered to me by the company. I strongly recommend considering the company for your next career move.
Pros
Culture, Leadership, Opportunities
Cons
Office Building in San Diego is old, not well insulated, and out-dated
Pretty laid back company.
Warehouse Clerk, Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2013
I really like the company as a whole. However with my position have have reached my ceiling in both compensation and advacement.
Pros
retirement plan
Cons
favortism towards certain workers.
Good team environment
Logistical Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2013
Good communication and productive environment, lots of opportnities to advance and always someone around to help inform you about a new situation
benefits
Cons
wanted us there at 5am
Decent People, Poor Management,
Employee (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 14, 2012
Great People to work with, enjoyable environment, nice Diggs. Company does not provide sufficient training for anything nor career advancement or career advancement training. Management is all over the place and does not focus on managing at all! Overall fun place, little disorganized.
Over worked, under paid, poorly managed
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2017
TriMark RW Smith is a great company to work for to learn your breaking point as an employee. With their acquisition by TriMark company culture, which was one of the few good things about the company, took a turn for the worse.
Great team to work with
Receptionist / Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 16, 2014
- Professional and fun.
- Allowed room for growth. Able to assist in other departments
- Ability to help in various departments
- Management cares about their employees
Pros
Fun awesome people to work with
Cons
Company is going through financial struggle
Nice job good company
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2017
Loved the company it is employee Owened. Hours were good and the job driving all around all day was fun and exciting. The pay wasn't the best but loved the job
Immature Management
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Orange CountyMarch 3, 2015
Nothing about working here is honestly presented until you are employed for a bit of time and location in Orange County run much differently than the San Diego office.
Pros
It's a job..., some great employees, casual dress code
Cons
Toxic environment, lack of training, management style of junior high kids
Great Opportunities to Grow!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 1, 2017
TriMark R.W. Smith loves to promote from within and there are always opportunities to learn and grow either in our own departments or potentially move into a different area of the company if we are interested.
Pros
Communication, opportunities, creativity
Terrible Culture and Total Lack of Management/Sales Acumen
Business Development Manager-Territory Sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 21, 2017
One of the worst companies to ever grace the hospitality scene. Their business model is outdated and revolves around doing what is best for the company not the clients. RUN. You will learn nothing except misery.
Food Service Company
Senior BIM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 27, 2017
Recently purchased by larger company. Getting the large company feel. That is good and bad.Just like most large companies I imagine. Many good prople work there.
Pros
Recently purchased by larger company
Cons
Recently purchased by larger company
Could be worse-I guess......
General (Former Employee) –  OC CaAugust 1, 2013
Was laid off and then many others were hired. Business practices questionable and reputation out in the field-industry is true-not good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TriMark R.W. Smith. Our community is ready to answer.