Trimble Navigation Limited Employee Reviews

Depending on your department, just another software job
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 13, 2018
There is good work life balance. No one here is going you to challenge you to get out of your comfort zone and learn new things, you will have to develop your own continuing education plan and implement it on your own. There are silos, politics, and turf wars, poor communication between people, teams, and divisions. There is a lot of offshoring. Not much in terms of individual, team or management accountability. Limited career growth potential, unless you want to go from hands on software engineer to a paper pushing manager. They will tell you that you can cross transfer to other departments, but most of the time, other departments hire from outside of the company because of the shell games and bureaucracy involved with getting an open req. Once you get out of your team's bullpen, its a big corporate hedge fund. If your division doesn't do well for the street, there will be layoffs - like other large Delaware corporations.
Pros
Work life balance, paychecks always cash, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Profit Sharing, On Site Gym, On Site 7-11, Annual 24 hour hackathon, Food Trucks
Cons
You wont make more for doing more, raises follow a fixed pay scale, no growth potential, redundant HR reviews every quarter, health insurance is expensive especially if you have dependents, you could get laid off, you could get bored, seems like a dead end job, 7-11 is over priced, the coffee is horrible
Typical Tech Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 30, 2018
Fast paced culture with hierarchy management style. Opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. Great if your looking for Tech work.
Wonderful company
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 30, 2018
this company treats its employees like gold and like family. i worked for a small division of the company with some of the most brilliant programmers. Research and development environment. lots of hands on work.
Leading edge technology
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLMay 18, 2018
Prospected new business opportunities in public safety. Worked with technology that makes police and federal officer safer. Covered the east coast and security trade shows.
Pros
Great technology
Cons
Company purchased by Trimble Navigation.
Productive & an enjoyable place to work
Sales Operations Support & Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 28, 2018
Productive & an enjoyable place to work. It was very fast paced & adjustments to new management. The co-workers were supportive with a change of positions or added duties.
Not a great place to work
Project Management Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 19, 2018
Trimble Inc. very rarely converts people to full-time easily. As intern, they make you work as much as 50 hours a week. You get very less chance to learn and grow. Nepotism prevails.
Professional place to work and have fun
ACOSTA SALES & MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 22, 2018
Enjoyed working at Trimble I processed the paperwork that came in the morning In the afternoon I packed the product and shipped it out via UPS by EOB.
Pros
Autonomous and no mico-managing
Cons
No cons. Great company
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 21, 2018
Relaxed and enjoyful to work at. Not having my boss breathing down my next was the best part - I was there for a while and they know how I work so they let me do my job with no supervision.
Good Company Culture
Software Testing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 21, 2018
They care about their employees. Feels like working for a family. The work is interesting, with opportunities to lean new technologies and work with diverse teams.
An average company
Global Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CA 95035March 13, 2018
Trimble is a well-established Silicon Valley company. Any employee will be OK if they show up for work and do a decent job. There is some room for career advancement.

Basically, Trimble is your typical mid-size company
Pros
Stable, good benefits, work-life balance
Cons
Slow to adopt new ideas
It is a okay workplace
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 26, 2018
It is a good company to work. Management are not capable to provide resources to get job done. There is no good direction on how things should be done. Basically you have to figure out from the day one.
Fast Paced, Customer Contact, Travels
Applications/Hydraulics/Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJanuary 31, 2018
Worked with customers, traveled to work with customers, worked with many engineers, electrical and mechanical. R&D and design on a daily basis. Manufacturing was top notch and so were employees.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Travel percent
Senior Receiving Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 22, 2018
I really liked my job at Trimble Navigation. The employees & managers were very helpful, and involved in how employees are doing. I can't think of anything else.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Job was short term, temporary
Excellent company and atmosphere.
Documentation Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 22, 2018
There were 2 work-at-home days a week, excellent pay, and a great rapport between employees.

The reviews were fair, and I was promoted to documentation manager after about 18 months.
Innovative
INTERNATIONAL HR REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 3, 2018
Trimble continues to grow and advance in their technology. Many people I still am in contact with are there for life because they love the company that much,
Pros
International exposure
Cons
Travel
Coffee
SENIOR ORDER ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 30, 2017
Fast pace, phone, entering customer purchase orders for shipments. Contacting customer to revise their PO’s as something is missing. Providing shipment date to customer of product.
Overall Trimple is a very nice place to work. Still have friends working there over 30 years.
Work culture very nice people to work with at the time I worked there.
Enjoyable time of day going home to mt family taking my daughter to cheerleading practice and my husband going to his football or baseball practices. I enjoyed being with my family and friends on weekends. My opinion is family comes first.
They provided luch for EOQ
Materials/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHNovember 10, 2017
It was a good place to work, decent people and management it was a place that took care of people who worked hard and the were very understandable in helping people
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
End of Quarter
Productive and busy workplace.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 7, 2017
The management does a good job managing a large group of employees. A typical day at work starts with a morning meeting with all employees in dept to let everyone know how much work would be expected that day and if we work more than eight hours. Then we stay busy with various task till time to go home.
Working to something
IS/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 24, 2017
the company is really good. But the only problem is the management does not know how to manage the resources. The technology used in the company is old and outdated.
Constant change
Tech Support Rep for AutoBid Mech & SheetMetal (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 18, 2017
Trimble believes in a one size fits all mentality. In my case, if you are not from Tennessee, you will not fit in well here. It is very casual and very southern.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimble Navigation Limited. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Trimble Navigation Limited.