TRIMEDX Employee Reviews

Growing Company
Lower Level Dumping Ground (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2018
This is a great company to work for...IF you have a great Manager or Supervisor, but if you don't, it's utter misery. There is a distinctive disconnect between upper management's laid-back attitude and pro-employee stance and the reality of working with the managers and supervisors in the field. Demanding and devious doesn't begin to describe the worst of them. The health benefits are awful and expensive if you don't live in Indiana, and most employees do not live there.
Pros
Dental is PPO and pay is average
Cons
Stress, Poor Field Management, Unpaid overtime
Strict attendance policies and poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 8, 2018
Trimedx overall is a great company and really cares for its customers. It a beautiful building and the call center employees are very nice. However, the supervisors, managers and director are not very nice. They seem kind of prejudice and not approachable. They base your interest in the job based off of facial expressions and not enthusiasm. For that reason I would I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Pay, Amenities, and Benefits
Cons
Poor management, prejudice environment
I gave this place the benefit of a doubt
Imaging Engineer (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 1, 2018
I have never worked at such an unorganized and poorly run company. It might be related to the fact that most middle to upper management had no prior background working in health care or servicing medical devices. The only reason this company exists is because it is 50% owned by Ascension Health and the majority of TriMedx’s customers are Ascension owned hospitals that are forced to use their services instead of having service contracts with original equipment manufacturers. Ascension is a non profit Catholic hospital network and TriMedx is a for profit company. Smells a lot like a money laundering front to me. I can’t wait to leave this place.
Pros
Pay and benefits are pretty decent
Cons
Everything else
Many training opportunities/Disorganized corporate management
Biomedical Equipment Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 28, 2018
There are many opportunities for training, however increased training does not guarantee an increase in pay. The local management is excellent and encourages a work life balance. However, the management at corporate is disorganized at best, and very often, they will add new company policies and changes to the software that leaves the techs confused.
Pros
Training opportunities. Excellent local management
Cons
Management is poorly run at the corporate level
hustle workplace
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2018
not recommend, always hire managers with no experience in the field, lock of coordination with corporate office. Corporate office careless about the people in the field. revolving door for managers in 5 years I had more than 7 managers. very stressful work place.

pros
good benefits , salary is ok, travel expense are paid on time.
Company going in the right direction
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 29, 2017
As manager my typical day was 9-10 hours. I learned quite a bit about management styles and finances. the company had a good training program and upper management worked hard to improve their site managers. There was a great culture of assisting others, I could contact many people to get resources and they would call me as needed. The most difficult part of the position was disciplining staff. As we moved forward, we were able remove poor performers and assembled a very high functioning team. the best part of the job was working with skilled professionals as part of the overall healthcare community.
Pros
Training
Cons
Always changing benefits
TriMedx.. a company on the move
Sr. Manager, HR Technology (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2018
I started working for TriMedx when it was wholly owned by Ascension and was still going by the name Medxcel Global. During my time with the company, we became partially owned by Ascension and a private firm out of New York took over as the majority owner of the organization. During this time, we split one business unit out and flattened other parts of the organization into one company instead of three.

With all of the changes going on, I felt that the company began to lose sight of some of it's original values. More focus on the business itself (which is a good thing) but less on the associates (which is a bad thing). I think there should be a balance, and I think they're still working to find what that right number is.

I enjoyed my time with the company and I felt like I was able to contribute a lot in terms of finding efficiencies within the organization, and I liked the people that were in my department that I interacted with. One of the most important things to me is being able to leave at the end of the day and feel like I've done something to make a difference and make someones life easier or better, and most days (especially in the beginning) I did feel this way. It became less and less though as we proceeded with the organizational structure changes.
Pros
Generous PTO Policy, Low Employee Cost on Benefits
Cons
Ever changing
No integrity no ethics absolute crooks false documentation
Field Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJanuary 6, 2019
This company preys on egnorant administrators of hospital offering savings on maintenance in the facilities. Trimedx achieves this by falsifying documentation when they can’t get all work completed on time me and according to manufacturer, state and federal guidelines. The have no processes or procedures if they do they change almosest daily.
They are con men.
Pros
Cons
See review!!!
Cannot Recommend this Company
BMET II (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 11, 2018
Most e-mails from area director end with "Failure to comply may result in disciplinary actions". This is the most micromanaged company I've ever seen. You have way to many chiefs in this company...anyone from corporate can assign work to you and expect it done by end of business. I cannot recommend this company to anyone. Technicians are just numbers to these folks.
Pros
Insurance OK
Cons
Micro Management
Poor culture, good experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2018
I think everyone's experience with company culture is different depending on the department they are in. In my experience during my time at TriMedx, the culture was okay - but could have been better. This is due to the management. It's a good company to learn stuff in before moving on to bigger and better opportunities.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the management
High Expectations, Quick Pace
Scrum Master/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2018
TRIMEDX is a small company going through major changes as they acquire a competitor. The IT department has a very loose structure and it can sometimes be difficult to navigate because different managers have different views and expectations.
OK, pace to work
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2017
Early on it was great when the company was attempting slow sustainable growth. Then they really started growing and gobbling up the market. In the few years I was there it really went down hill. Management way less personal, performance judged by metrics and resulting high turnover of some of the best employees who now work for the competition. This I good place to work if you get a good manager. Great benefits, fair pay.
Pros
Great benefits, fair pay.
Cons
high turnover, too much attention to metrics and not people.
Too many tasks and deadlines.
Customer Service Engineer, Servicing Toshiba CT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46268July 30, 2018
They are always adding things to our job description not related to my job description.
Constant meetings about job numbers and percent completed, micro management.
Decent place to work
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2016
Pay is a little lower than the rest of the industry, but benefits were very good. I mean, they were almost free. For incredible benefits I paid around a hundred per month. That included dental, medical, life, etc. Management was pretty good for the most part, but there is high turnover among top brass, and the company is growing so fast I think they are losing touch with what is going on within the company. It's looking a lot more like a huge corporate monster and those aren't the best places to work. Think "Office Space" where you have 3 bosses who are kinda clueless. And some people were pretty testy and micro-managing. A lot of the people in management were like this, and they need more diversity. I always think its a good idea to have the men and women balance each other out, and to have some diversity in management.
I like a lot of the employees at Trimedx, but they need a new culture among the managers.
benefits
Cons
management
Challenging
Clinical Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 19, 2017
TriMedx offers fair compensation, a great benefits package, as well as plenty of opportunities for advancement. However the work-life balance is very poor, and site managers are initial tasked with turning around poor-performing sites seemingly overnight when it can realistically take close to a year.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Difficult expectations
Terrible communication
Field Service Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 30, 2016
1st day hired I was doing a PM on the machine. So I never got the orientation that most employees would receive. G's and O's were never explained to me. Directors nor Managers never communicated expectations. After good reviews and merit raises, I received an email from HR with a subject line of "Discussion" I found that my position was being eliminated. Not even time to apply within the company or transfer into another local FSE position.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No communications from management
Fun work place. Always able to learn.
Clinical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2018
This was a great company to work for. I learned some thing new everyday. I enjoyed the fact that you are able to help other people get well and go back home.
Current Employee
Manager of Account Development Support Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2017
Like the place, they care about their people, they have good work life balance. They have excellent benefits. Expect a fairly fast paced career with constant change.
Pros
Flexibility, Bible Studies, Great People, Good Benefits
Cons
Lots of changes in executive leadership, future unknown
terribly managed
Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2018
technicians are not valued, just another number. Viewed as expendable or as a problem rather than an asset. Not respected. High level management is choosing to not fill positions in order to increase profits at the expense of the technicians.
Pros
training
Management and Employees are awesome
Biomedical Equipment Technician I (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2018
As a Tech plus one for Trimedx Holdings LLC., I was grateful to be part of this company as they gave me more knowledge for being a Biomedical Technician. Now I can I know a lot more and better than when I started doing Biomed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRIMEDX. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8