TriMedx Employee Reviews

terribly managed
Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 13, 2018
technicians are not valued, just another number. Viewed as expendable or as a problem rather than an asset. Not respected. High level management is choosing to not fill positions in order to increase profits at the expense of the technicians.
Pros
training
hustle workplace
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2018
not recommend, always hire managers with no experience in the field, lock of coordination with corporate office. Corporate office careless about the people in the field. revolving door for managers in 5 years I had more than 7 managers. very stressful work place.

pros
good benefits , salary is ok, travel expense are paid on time.
TriMedx.. a company on the move
Sr. Manager, HR Technology (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2018
I started working for TriMedx when it was wholly owned by Ascension and was still going by the name Medxcel Global. During my time with the company, we became partially owned by Ascension and a private firm out of New York took over as the majority owner of the organization. During this time, we split one business unit out and flattened other parts of the organization into one company instead of three.

With all of the changes going on, I felt that the company began to lose sight of some of it's original values. More focus on the business itself (which is a good thing) but less on the associates (which is a bad thing). I think there should be a balance, and I think they're still working to find what that right number is.

I enjoyed my time with the company and I felt like I was able to contribute a lot in terms of finding efficiencies within the organization, and I liked the people that were in my department that I interacted with. One of the most important things to me is being able to leave at the end of the day and feel like I've done something to make a difference and make someones life easier or better, and most days (especially in the beginning) I did feel this way. It became less and less though as we proceeded with the organizational structure changes.
Pros
Generous PTO Policy, Low Employee Cost on Benefits
Cons
Ever changing
Micro Management
Imaging Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 20, 2018
Managers don't seem to trust the people they hire even for the most menial tasks. It is a culture of fear and intimidation at times and is accepted as normal.
Growing company with a lot of potential
Clinical Engineer Manager II (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 17, 2018
I truly enjoy working for TriMedx. The position allows you to influence patient care without having to work directly with patients. There has been a lot of changes since starting 4 years ago but change for the better. The pay is very fair. The only disadvantage is the lack of advancement for management.
restrictive and micromanaged work place
Clinical Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2017
Learned how to deal with extremely fast paced environment, high stress everything is urgent culture.
Hardest part of job is learning how to triage thousands of daily urgent requests.
Company going in the right direction
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 29, 2017
As manager my typical day was 9-10 hours. I learned quite a bit about management styles and finances. the company had a good training program and upper management worked hard to improve their site managers. There was a great culture of assisting others, I could contact many people to get resources and they would call me as needed. The most difficult part of the position was disciplining staff. As we moved forward, we were able remove poor performers and assembled a very high functioning team. the best part of the job was working with skilled professionals as part of the overall healthcare community.
Pros
Training
Cons
Always changing benefits
Can't recommend this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nyesville, INNovember 7, 2017
Manager more concerned with his own career then running the Biomed department, he usually phones it in, he's rarely there,I think he's out interviewing . Everything is about the profitability of Trimedx, not the hospital I work for which causes a lot of confusion with reasons for doing my job. They will buy the cheapest repair parts they can find which ultimately fail and we have to revisit the same repair again. The hospital group I work for would save money by not resigning the contract with Trimedx and going back to being an "in house" Biomed department, I don't see where the savings are for the hospital when they have to pay these people, too. I use to like being a Biomed until these people came along and ruined a great profession.
Great place
Regional Administrative Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 1, 2017
Very good place to work and be a part of a great industry of health care. Great work life balance and finds it best to keep employees trained and on top of their game.
Collaboration efforts with IT
Consultant, Pricing and Client Retention (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2017
New IT leadership implemented an Agile platform that created a better flow for transitioning to a new CMMS. Several areas manage silo database and thru new system development using Agile a large group of system needs were reviewed and prioritized resulting in software being developed and rolled to production at a quicker rate than previously experienced by the company.
Pros
Working toward a continuous improvements platform
Cons
Struggles with silo databases
terrible management culture,high changeover of top managers
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, WIOctober 11, 2017
Pleasing the shareholders is primary and the culture is about dressing up the KPI(key performance indicators) to sale more contracts. no customer orientation nor concern for the employee.
the most enjoyable part is working with customers and connecting with other biomeds.
There is a Jezebel's subculture that subjugates men. Regulatory affairs rules the company operations.
Pros
its a job and pays the bills
Cons
destructive culture
Ok company
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2017
When I first started I loved my job; by the time I left, I despised my boss. He never gave me and others the benefit of the doubt and thought way too highly of himself.
OK, pace to work
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2017
Early on it was great when the company was attempting slow sustainable growth. Then they really started growing and gobbling up the market. In the few years I was there it really went down hill. Management way less personal, performance judged by metrics and resulting high turnover of some of the best employees who now work for the competition. This I good place to work if you get a good manager. Great benefits, fair pay.
Pros
Great benefits, fair pay.
Cons
high turnover, too much attention to metrics and not people.
Working at Trimedx was a rewarding experience.
Biomedical Equipment Technician II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2017
Trimedx was a great place to work.
I was field service and worked on Ultrasound devices.
Got a chance to work daily with ultrasound.
I would recommend for anyone to work there.
Pros
Great pay and hours.
Cons
Lots of travel.
Challenging
Clinical Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 19, 2017
TriMedx offers fair compensation, a great benefits package, as well as plenty of opportunities for advancement. However the work-life balance is very poor, and site managers are initial tasked with turning around poor-performing sites seemingly overnight when it can realistically take close to a year.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
Difficult expectations
Good people to work with
Clinical Engineering Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYJune 16, 2017
TriMedx was a good place to work and we had a good group of people. We worked together as a team and looked to for each other. The company looked out frothier employees and for the most part people stayed and there was job security.
N\a
Lead Advanced Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 15, 2017
Can not comment at this current time. Pay is what pay is. Always be fully aware of the nature of any company before investing your time and energy. Research is key.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Current Employee
Manager of Account Development Support Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2017
Like the place, they care about their people, they have good work life balance. They have excellent benefits. Expect a fairly fast paced career with constant change.
Pros
Flexibility, Bible Studies, Great People, Good Benefits
Cons
Lots of changes in executive leadership, future unknown
High expectations
Imaging Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 24, 2017
The time I have worked with Trimedx has all in all been a positive experience. I have gone to several training schools. The work load steadily has increased with no increase in manpower. The regulatory dept keeps changing pm schedules for some reason then managers are stuck with short manpower to complete the maintenance. There are opportunities for advancement in the company and some great techs to work with as well.
Pros
overtime and average pay
Cons
too much overtime
Excellent
Manager Clinial Enginering (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSFebruary 7, 2017
Fast paced growing organization requiring full time dedication to improving the lives of the patient. Rewarding each day and requires high degree of communication up and down.
Pros
Young company, energetic
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TriMedx. Our community is ready to answer.