Trine University Employee Reviews

Student Worker
MARKETING & ADMISSIONS INTERN (Former Employee) –  Angola, INAugust 12, 2018
I was never a full time employee but rather an intern most of my years there and loved every minute of it. I worked under a lot of different offices and it really rounded out my resume upon graduation.
Poor career choice and poor management in CGPS
Regional Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 6, 2018
Poor leadership all around working for CGPS! You are not set up to succeed, you are set up to fail. They are not good to their employees. Workplace culture is summed up here: negative cliques and gossipers, dictator manager (meaning watch your back and always wondering where your manger is), triangulating, and serious communication issues.
No Appreciation or Communication
Former (Former Employee) –  Angola, INJuly 3, 2018
The administration has no respect or appreciation for their faculty or staff. The students are great to work with and are the only reason I enjoyed going to work for years. There is no communication from the upper administration and everyone works in their own silo.
Pros
Students
Cons
The administration
beneficial interaction with students
prep/server (Former Employee) –  Angola, INJune 7, 2018
Serving in the cafeteria allowed for adequate exposure with the student clientele, obviously less at breakfast with full capacity at lunch. The hardest part was probably learning to manage my time, duties, and schedule provided to the best of my ability. Interaction among employees was enjoyable. Since focus was mainly on serving with minimal other kitchen experience the areas strengthened had to do with meeting the public.
Pros
option for health insurance, time off, flexible scheduling, overall atmosphere
Cons
Early start due to shift.
Great place to work with friendly coworkers and managers
Web Programming Intern (Current Employee) –  Angola, INMay 4, 2018
Everyone is friendly and helpful at Trine. I enjoyed coming to work and never felt bored. There is always something that needs to be done and if it requires additional experience, there is always someone willing to assist or give advice.
Fun job that allowed me to grow socially and become a better leader
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Angola, INMarch 12, 2018
Being a resident assistant allowed me to be able to be more outgoing and become a better leader. It was my job to create a welcoming environment for my residents so they could have the best college experience as possible in terms of residential life. I got to learn how to balance work and personal friendships with my residents. I had to know when I could have fun with my residents to make them feel comfortable and involved in the campus community, but I also had to make sure University policies were still followed properly. Being a resident assistant allowed me to develop skills that I never would have just by being in a classroom or from working at an internship writing code.
Great for what it was
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Angola, INMarch 6, 2018
I was able to make gas money while going to school. It was a simple job that took extra work, but was convenient that also allowed for me to have my own room.
Pros
Fun organization to get into
Cons
Lots of paperwork
Excellent work environment
Adjunct Faculty, Health Care Administration (Current Employee) –  Angola, INMarch 6, 2018
No complaints, but for me no future opportunities were available.
Saturday classes was excellent option.
Commute was long but I like working at this work place.
I will recommend any one to work here if availability of job!
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Ltd job options
Good School and work study program
Director of Intramural Sports (Former Employee) –  Angola, INFebruary 23, 2018
Reputable Engineering school with many other programs. Small campus size and good Student / Professor ratio. Many work study positions available. All classes taught by professors no grad student or TA taught courses.
Poor Management in CGPS
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 21, 2018
Working for Trine's CGPS comes with constant curveballs and poor management. Very political, and ran in a hierarchy that doesn't listen to the concerns of it's employees. Poor communication from supervisor's made for tons of frustration and questioning on what was expected in roles.
Productive Learning Opportunity and Experience
Human Resources Intern, Office of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Angola, INJanuary 16, 2018
I file employee information and do any administrative work the Human Resource Managers. I have learned a lot of situations that have happened while being at intern.
Pros
Cons
Work Hours
They only care about students
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Angola, INDecember 2, 2017
They only care about students. There is a deep culture of people be moved up though nepotism and not from education. This school is a big Ponzi scheme.
Very disorganized and with unknown expectations
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Angola, INNovember 15, 2017
There was a considerable amount of turnover at the hiring director position during my time at Trine. In the four and a half years I taught as an adjunct in the School of Professional Studies, four directors managed the program, each with different views, experiences, and expectations. I found that there was a great deal of disorganization within the department.
Pros
Pay and opportunities
Cons
Poorly managed program
Fun place to work
International Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Angola, INOctober 2, 2017
Enjoyed each and every moment I worked with them. The entire staff was pleasing and helped me out in every manner. It was their hard work that made me excel in my career.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Angola, INSeptember 30, 2017
Poor Communication through staff. Workplace was comfortable and manageable. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work at your own pace in a time efficient matter.
Pros
own time schedule
Cons
inconsistent hours
Work Study job
Admissions Office Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Angola, INSeptember 14, 2017
It was an easy job for a work study student needing a little extra money. I could work when I wanted or when I had time. Your studies were always put ahead of work by your boss.
Diluting the knowledge pool
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Angola, INAugust 15, 2017
Environment is not conducive to teaching or learning. Feels like a degree shop - you pay and get a degree instead of earning one. Students expect a handout and administration complies.
Fun
Weight Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Angola, INMay 30, 2017
Work is very relaxed, managers work well with students to make sure they have adequate time to study while also trying to make some extra money. Pay is fair for the hours you work.
Fun summer job
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Angola, INMay 23, 2017
Great for having a steady job with plenty of chances to learn something new. Easy to learn and fast paced. Great for summer jobs and college students who need work study
Pros
Job security
Cons
Very demanding
Work-Study
Student Worker/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Angola, INMay 22, 2017
I had a work-study position so I cannot provide a full review on what it's like to be a full-time employee at Trine University. All work-study jobs are different.