Trinity Church

Trinity Church Employee Reviews

United States75 reviews

churchlearnplacestaffpeopleenvironmentenjoyworking

Nice part time job

Beautiful location. Friendly and caring staff. Not a lot of hours but a nice part time job. Can get busy in the summer but never stressful. Spent a lot of time sitting waiting for people to come in. Decent pay considering the amount of work. Some customers especially tourists can be rude but it's mostly a pleasant place to work.

Pros

Staff, location

Cons

sometimes rude customers

What is the best part of working at Trinity Church?Hours and pay. Part time. Location was convenient. What is the most stressful part about working at Trinity Church?The old people who don’t want anything to change.

Trinity Church insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Toxic Senior management that punishes contrary opinions

It started out as a great job, doing what I loved with people who cared, after many leadership changes, the culture changed, and settled into a "get in line, or get out" mindset. I expressed my opinion freely, and was often in a directly opposing view to the executive pastor, which meant that I was often silenced in meetings. When I met with him to discuss this, I was never given a real answer, and was told to essentially "fall in line." I expressed that I was feeling burned out, and could not continue working in the way that I had been for the past 18 months, and that I had begun searching to see what jobs were out there. 2 months later, with no follow-up conversation, I was asked to resign, on the basis of them not wanting me to leave in the middle of a big project or something.In 6 years, I received one substantial raise, even though my workload, and the number of staff and volunteers I was responsible for had almost tripled.

Pros

There are some amazing people on the staff.

Cons

Toxic Upper lever leadership, opposing viewpoints are silenced (even on little things), Pay scale is 30% less than similar positions elsewhere, Work/life balance is not important

The Trinity Church is the best place to work and learn.

OverallMy experience working at Trinity Church has been amazing. I've never felt more connected in my life and God has just been so good. The Trinity Church is not only an amazing place to learn the Word of God but also to serve and work alongside fellow brothers and sisters. It just has the most genuine people with huge hearts for God and serving and I'm so blessed to be apart of it.

Have your Sunday mornings filled with love of children and the gospel.

Personally, I love children, so this job wasn’t difficult for me. Sometimes it is hard for children to open up and be comfortable around people other than their parents, so being able to understand the children over time and gain their trust is heart warming. You learn a lot from taking care of children of differentiating ages. I love it!

Pros

Understanding ways to interact with children

Cons

One day a week

an amazing place

this was an amazing community that helps the people in the company and the community . everyone is so hardworking and joyful. there was never a dull moment and everyone is so respectful .

Great place to work! Great congregation and pastoral staff. This is a place where we can use our Spiritual Giftings to help others grow in the Lord. Very Thankful!

Fast paced, christian organization.

Ever changing and eventful place. You will learn a lot and be pushed to your max potential. Great Leadership and a very wide variety of employees with different backgrounds.

Truly a fabulous place to work

The best community that I could imagine working with. A fabulous organization with good opportunities for advancement. The most supportive work environment I have experienced.

Great

Great, would highly recommend to anyone that is seeking to work and go to school. Great opportunity, they work with you to ensure you excel. This employer really cares about employees

I did not have a good experience working in this location.

I did not have a good experience working in this location. I would not like to proceed with this topic. I have nothing but good things to say about companies and people. Sometimes there is just not a cultural fit. There was always opportunity to learn and grow from bad experiences. So everything is a lesson learned. I take what I’ve learned here and I’ve applied it into my future.

Local Church

Worked for my local church. Loved my job, my co-workers and my pastors. Work life balance was a bit tough since work and service was intertwined. Spent several late nights especially during conferences and special events where cash and credit cards would be used for registrations and purchases.

How to make kids happy.

I now know how to put a smile of kids faces and make sure they have a good time with What they are doing. Instead of fusing with them just sit them down and explain what’s right and wrong with them.

Micromanaged, high turn around for admin role

The congregation is lovely, but working for the church is difficult. You will be micromanaged by the associate pastor. She is very rude and talks down to her employees. Not very “Christian” like. High turn around in the admin role. Very disappointing.

loved the kids not the church structure

I loved the kids of this church, however this was the most unprofessional place of employment ever. Co-workers were competitive and worked against one another and were encouraged to do so by management.

Not stressful and slow paced.

Not stressful, slow paced. I worked through my grandma's cleaning crew and we cleaned the kids center and offices. We usually finished cleaning in four to five hours.

You must be without personal responsibilities.

I enjoyed childcare, and they paid me well, however, they require you to volunteer for church functions at times when it was inconvenient. It was a requirement that affected your home life.

Pros

Paid well.

Cons

Long days.

It would be nice a trampoline with 17 ft. oval with enclosure to play indoors.

As teacher assistant a fast place to work tending all needs of children in the age range I worked with . Teaching them all the need to start learning at that age. Like good manners, Manners at the table, How to relay to other kids, sharing, apologizing to friends. singing, Exercising , playing in the class , and outside , reading , coloring , painting . I learn that there are not bad kids, They need more guidance. And over all love witch can conquer all. Interacting with them, and listening all they'er thoughts . Management is ok, They listen, understand try to accommodate everyone, And they do consider employees problems. The hardest part of the job is having to say goodbye.

Pros

Stays busy all the time.

Cons

health insurance

Good environment for building relationships outside of the workplace

Fairly low key work environment on daily basis; learned to manage a session with various clients, keep it on track; management style was structured but allowed self imposed responsibilities to meet goals.

Overall, Okay

The manager is an amazing woman who really cares about her employees. However, there was a lack of organization and many of the other employees were incompetent at best. The experience was rewarding because of the building and the history as well as the steps the manager was taking to make the experience better for tourists and visitors.

I love working around others and working with public

Well i was job seeking .I happened to do volunteer work until a job comes in ...and trinity is a good environment that gives out food for needy and I love to work with public

Pros

Na

Cons

Yes we do take breaks

Common questions about Trinity Church

Answered by current and former employees at Trinity Church

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Church. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits