Trinity Health At Home Employee Reviews

Good Team
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 6, 2019
From day 1 everyone was nice, attentive, and cared about educating the new staff. Many top-down initiatives from the Michigan office, however, local leadership did a good job making everything relevant to the local team. The team is approachable and open to new ideas. I was new and felt I could make recommendations and be heard. Lots of resources are available to the staff to better care for our patients. I really liked the Office Case Managers. Super sweet and supportive to the nursing team and helped us address patient care needs when were in other patient homes. I wish we were paid pay per visit but the hourly rate is good and the benefits were even better.
Pros
Safe, teamwork, and no low census times
Cons
Documentation is rigorous, always lots of work
worse place to work for
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 25, 2019
This is the worst place I've ever worked in all my years in the medical field. The doctors do not respect you and management is not supportive of their staff. You are expected to keep your mouth shut and work long hours without compensation.
Pros
salary
Cons
They do not respect their employees, cut throat
Not a Good Representation of the Trinity Health organization
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 23, 2018
Please don’t confuse Trinity Health at a Home with the real Trinity Health Organization! Trinity Health at Home is the ugly red headed stepsister of Trinity Health Org. They don’t follow the mission statement and poorly represent this awesome organization.

There is no work life balance. If you are a skilled home care nurse...stay away. They can’t keep staff, and the services they claim to offer in order to get the referral (especially social work or Home health aid) they are unable to provide due to staffing which is misleading to both patient and referral source.

Patients are angry at you because their needs can’t be met due to staffing...but it gets old getting yelled at over things out of yourself control 7 times per day/5 days per week.

Telehealth monitoring units are the nurses responsibility to pick up from office or drop off to fedex facilities. And you have to keep them in your car or home. They don’t reimburse you for this mileage.

Nurses are told to LIE to Medicare patients stating Telehealth is required to be in the home and does not allow the patient to refuse even if they don’t need it. Meanwhile patients with commercial/Medicaid can’t get it even if they really could benefit from it. If the nurse doesn’t push the product...we get talked to by management. Telehealth is a great tool to for those who need it...unfortunately Trinity Health at home forces it on Medicare patients only because they can bill for it. They own these units so if it were truly a service provided to Trinity Health at home patients...any patient that qualifies clinically should
  more... be offered the product. Money grabs in healthcare really frustrate me.

You will be driving a unreasonable number of miles daily (100+)You will easily drive 30-40 minutes between each patient. They have no concept of distance in this office. Of course I’m home Health we expect to drive a lot but 100+ miles should be the exception not the norm.

They want you to text, talk on the phone, and respond to messages within 30 minutes. I had the new nurse educator attempt to address me for making the office case manager wait too long for a response to a text message....I was in the middle of a difficult wound vac with a crying patient...but sure you’re request for a ride along should take priority! They forget that unlike them.....field nurses are focused on hands on patient care.

They refuse to service Detroit due safety but have no problem sending nurses to unsafe rural areas. I refused to return to a patients home after being yelled at multiple times by the patients husband. I made the manager aware multiple times. When I finally refused to go back I was told that “I didn’t have the luxury to choose who I can see”. When she finally realized I was seriously not going back she offered me a class on how to deal with difficult patients. Sorry....there’s a difference between therapeutic communication and threatening behavior. Keep your training. Personal safety is priority.

Management doesn’t really listen. They only care about covering visits. They only care about the facade of good patient care. They want you to sacrifice you’re personal time and life to meet patient needs. You will burn out here....if you notice they are always hiring. That’s why.

That being said...your coworkers in the field are great and are very supportive of everything.
Pros
Coworkers in the field are great
Cons
Management, culture, hours, office staff, amount of travel
St. Agnes Home Health and Hospice
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 19, 2018
Trinity Health At Home is excellent place to work. The great benefits are a wonderful bonus. It is a diverse workplace where everyone has a seat at the table. I have learned so much at this job that will continue to benefit me well into the future. You get a chance to continue to learn more about the home health industry and Medicare, and advancement.

The patients you get to work with are so grateful for your care, which makes the job very fulfilling. I enjoy having the autonomy to manage my own patients and structure my own workday without micromanagement. This is a great place to make a difference in the Valley.
Pros
Caring director, Good Pay & Benefits, Autonomy, Great colleagues, Prayer
Cons
Uses HCHB, Working weekends
Mercy Home Care was wonderful Trinity is a nightmare
RN, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MANovember 5, 2018
Worked for years under Mercy Home Care with Sisters of Providence and it was a dream job. Great management, great co-workers, flexible schedule. Felt like family. Once Trinity purchased the company it became a greed-driven, corporate, and bureaucratic nightmare. They drove out many, many talented nurses who had spent years with the company. They dismissed most of the existing management in favor of putting their own lackeys in charge. The entire atmosphere turned dark. They parted from the mission of charity and benevolence. For two years I've tried while they promised it would get better, but instead keeps getting progressively worse. Very sad to be leaving, but grateful for the great deal of experience I gained.
excellent place to work
Office Based Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTOctober 27, 2018
Trinity has excellent management staff. They are supportive and informative. Voice is always heard. Communication to employees is excellent. I recommend working there.
Cons
Does not follow guiding behaviors
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 26, 2018
Bad management, employee morale is at an all time low, no room for advancement, not employee focused, only concern is the bottom line and does not follow guiding behaviors
Stressful work environment
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno County, CAAugust 30, 2018
If you are not in the "in" crowd you will not enjoy working for this bunch. Weekends very short staffed and stressful. You have to work one weekend a month.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very stressful work environment
Bad place to work
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 30, 2018
Leadership is terrible, they are not fair, they don’t follow Trinity Health’s mission or guiding behaviors. They lead through intimidation and are not transparent. No wonder they have the lowest employee engagement scores throughout all of Trinity Health nationwide.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Do not care about employees or patients. They are not patient centered, they only care about making money.
Productive, Great environment
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAAugust 27, 2018
Schedule is flexible
Job can be stressful at times
Management is great
Communication is great between staff
Work atmosphere is good
I learn to know over issue on a day to day basis
Average Employer
Hospice Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 26, 2018
No ancillary support or career advancement. Felt like a dead end job. Seemed like no one was happy with their position so it was hard to remain positive with all of the negative energy regardless of how hard you tried to remain positive. Turn over was high. It wasn't the best company to work for but it wasn't the worst.
Benefits
Cons
No ancillary or management support or back up
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 22, 2018
Good place to work. Learned a lot at this employment, not my choice to leave. However, the company is going in a different direction and my job was eliminated.
Really good work enviroment
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 12, 2018
Trinity at home start pay is $9.25 and suppose to get a raise at 6 months and so on. I feel as trinity needs to give their PCA more hours and letting them work more often rather than just having a few day or hours per week. The only reason I am looking for another job while working at trinity is because I only get 7 hours a week sometimes less then that, I applied at trinity as a full time but they keep hiring so many new people that everyone is losing hours.
So bad we were trying to get union to come in and help us
OASIS RN (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 6, 2018
When I started at this company, the nurses were fairly happy and I could see myself staying for a long time. By the time I left, no one was happy, half the staff had left, and they were trying to get the union in to help.
Over 18 months, most of the management was rearranged or left and never replaced, leaving the rest over worked and unwilling to help the staff. The pay went from hourly to salary, and of course the minimum number of visits they expected you to see per day became very unreasonable.
The final straw, territories were completely rearranged, hours changed, we had to interview for our own jobs, and everyone was told that they would have to obtain BSN, even if they had been with the company for 25-30 years and were not far from retirement.
When you are working 10 hours a day on the road and then charting 2+ hours a night at home, going back to school seems pretty much like the last thing you should be attempting.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
No help from management
Poor Leadership
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 27, 2018
Leadership at THAH and at the Trinity Health corporate level is awful. Guiding principles are rarely if ever followed. Avoid working here and go somewhere else where employees are valued.
Make More Money
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 7, 2018
At a different company. Trinty Home Care and Hospice in Oakbrook is a terrible company. Turnover is high, office workers that manage and HR are some of the worse people you will ever meet. They dismiss people who are truthful about work-life conditions and they literally threaten employees who really need their jobs to take care of loved ones. In a society were most people are trying to do their best to provide for their families, Trinty in Oakbrook, they are affiliated with Loyola Hospital in Maywood, yes the one that had Cornbread and Greens as a gesture of kindness during African American History Month, and the ER will have you there almost 9 hours, are a typical business where the bottom line is money. The doctors in the company leave monthly due to the poor management and the reputation that Loyola/Trinity Home Care and Hospice-based in Oakbrook, IL, has in the community and with pay sources. There are many options for those wanting to be in Home Care and Hospice. Simply you will be paid more at almost all companies with fewer caseloads and Management that are actually there to help you take care of your patients. If you want to make more money, do not work here. If you enjoy spending time with your partner and kids, do not work here. Do not work here.
Pros
Joint Commission has not taken their Accreditation yet
Cons
Non -competitive Salary and poor Benefits
Mission driven organization providing an important and caring service
Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 4, 2018
I have worked for this company for 8 years, under previous and current administration, and am VERY VERY impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of the new leaders. Health care is very very hard and changing, and staff have to be driven by the mission and purpose of caring for patients with serious or terminal illness. This is not just a JOB, it is for those willing to care for people. I believe the negative comments are from people who didn't want to work or are not connected to the mission.
I would recommend the agencies to care for my family, and would recommend the program for anyone looking to make a difference for patients and families needing care and support during a health crisis or terminal illness
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Current health care environment in general
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 10, 2018
Many good opportunities for social workers, great mission, colleagues and benefits. They are a socially responsible company and are putting many new technological advances in place to improve client outcomes.
Pros
See above
Cons
Too many changes too fast
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 8, 2018
Despite having job eliminated, I enjoyed the experience of working here. The executive level management really care about their employees and doing the best for them.
Productive, collaborative workplace
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 6, 2018
We have experienced a number of changes in our Grand Rapids office. We have new leadership and a new care model. The leadership is very involved with the staff and they open to concerns and suggestions. We are busy and need nurses, but we all work together to provide excellent patient care.
Pros
Benefits, team works together

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Health At Home. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9