Trinity Health At Home Employee Reviews

Really good work enviroment
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 12, 2018
Trinity at home start pay is $9.25 and suppose to get a raise at 6 months and so on. I feel as trinity needs to give their PCA more hours and letting them work more often rather than just having a few day or hours per week. The only reason I am looking for another job while working at trinity is because I only get 7 hours a week sometimes less then that, I applied at trinity as a full time but they keep hiring so many new people that everyone is losing hours.
So bad we were trying to get union to come in and help us
OASIS RN (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 6, 2018
When I started at this company, the nurses were fairly happy and I could see myself staying for a long time. By the time I left, no one was happy, half the staff had left, and they were trying to get the union in to help.
Over 18 months, most of the management was rearranged or left and never replaced, leaving the rest over worked and unwilling to help the staff. The pay went from hourly to salary, and of course the minimum number of visits they expected you to see per day became very unreasonable.
The final straw, territories were completely rearranged, hours changed, we had to interview for our own jobs, and everyone was told that they would have to obtain BSN, even if they had been with the company for 25-30 years and were not far from retirement.
When you are working 10 hours a day on the road and then charting 2+ hours a night at home, going back to school seems pretty much like the last thing you should be attempting.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
No help from management
Poor Leadership
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 27, 2018
Leadership at THAH and at the Trinity Health corporate level is awful. Guiding principles are rarely if ever followed. Avoid working here and go somewhere else where employees are valued.
Make More Money
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 7, 2018
At a different company. Trinty Home Care and Hospice in Oakbrook is a terrible company. Turnover is high, office workers that manage and HR are some of the worse people you will ever meet. They dismiss people who are truthful about work-life conditions and they literally threaten employees who really need their jobs to take care of loved ones. In a society were most people are trying to do their best to provide for their families, Trinty in Oakbrook, they are affiliated with Loyola Hospital in Maywood, yes the one that had Cornbread and Greens as a gesture of kindness during African American History Month, and the ER will have you there almost 9 hours, are a typical business where the bottom line is money. The doctors in the company leave monthly due to the poor management and the reputation that Loyola/Trinity Home Care and Hospice-based in Oakbrook, IL, has in the community and with pay sources. There are many options for those wanting to be in Home Care and Hospice. Simply you will be paid more at almost all companies with fewer caseloads and Management that are actually there to help you take care of your patients. If you want to make more money, do not work here. If you enjoy spending time with your partner and kids, do not work here. Do not work here.
Pros
Joint Commission has not taken their Accreditation yet
Cons
Non -competitive Salary and poor Benefits
Mission driven organization providing an important and caring service
Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIApril 4, 2018
I have worked for this company for 8 years, under previous and current administration, and am VERY VERY impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of the new leaders. Health care is very very hard and changing, and staff have to be driven by the mission and purpose of caring for patients with serious or terminal illness. This is not just a JOB, it is for those willing to care for people. I believe the negative comments are from people who didn't want to work or are not connected to the mission.
I would recommend the agencies to care for my family, and would recommend the program for anyone looking to make a difference for patients and families needing care and support during a health crisis or terminal illness
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Current health care environment in general
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 10, 2018
Many good opportunities for social workers, great mission, colleagues and benefits. They are a socially responsible company and are putting many new technological advances in place to improve client outcomes.
Pros
See above
Cons
Too many changes too fast
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 8, 2018
Despite having job eliminated, I enjoyed the experience of working here. The executive level management really care about their employees and doing the best for them.
Productive, collaborative workplace
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 6, 2018
We have experienced a number of changes in our Grand Rapids office. We have new leadership and a new care model. The leadership is very involved with the staff and they open to concerns and suggestions. We are busy and need nurses, but we all work together to provide excellent patient care.
Pros
Benefits, team works together
Fun, innovative, team focused
Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 2, 2018
This is the best place I've ever worked and I've had a very long career in both Home Care and Hospice. The colleague support at Trinity Health at Home is beyond compare. The mission to serve together in the Spirit of the Gospel to provide a healing presence in the communities we serve is the reason I come to work every day. Catholic Health Care is an exceptional colleague centric place to work.
Pros
Cutting edge, innovative technology, great pay and benefits, solid mission
Cons
Join us! We need nurses and PTs in homecare and hospice
Poor everything
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 28, 2018
No work life balance . They have unreal expectations.heavy work load . Low pay . Micromanaged.there is a reason they are always hiring . High turnover.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
The worst job I’ve ever had
RN (Former Employee) –  North Columbus, OHFebruary 25, 2018
This was the worst job I’ve ever had, very poorly managed, poor training, very unreasonable expectations when it comes to charting and seeing patients. I could not WAIT to get out of this job, total misery! I could go on and on about how crafty the management and human resource department was but that would take all day to write. If you are thinking about working here, RUN don’t walk to another position. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
Too many to recount
Stressful environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 19, 2018
Poor management, nurses overworked by mandating how many patients to see daily no choice . Some nurses drive ovet a 100 miles in a day or more expected
Pros
Used to be good
Cons
Poor management
Inspiring environment & mission
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 10, 2018
Trinity Health At Home has all of the benefits of a very large system (Trinity Health is 2nd largest Catholic healthcare org in the country) yet it is very community focused. It feels more like a startup organization in a good way. There's a lot of energy and excitement. I'm based at the Service Center (headquarters). We are doing things differently - making home care and hospice the future of healthcare with advanced technology and the best of the best clinical expertise.Every day, I think about the patients and their families who are so grateful that with our care, the patient can stay where he/she wants to be: at home. It's fast paced environment, for sure, but that makes it so exciting. I am so proud to contribute to the Mission. It's a business and there's need to thrive but really, the focus is on the patient. What we're doing to help patients stay at home makes me so thrilled to be part of it all. It really is changing healthcare for the better for patients.

After spending my career in corporate America, it was so refreshing to join this org. I have some of the most inspiring, motivated people around me and across the country. Hardest part of the job is getting everything done I need to get done. There's a lot to do!

Full disclosure - I'm in marketing for Trinity Health At Home but I write from the heart:
Pros
Mission-driven org, inspiring colleagues, positive environment, advanced technology
Cons
Healthcare is always changing so we have to adjust, too
Chaotic, poor culture
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 5, 2017
Our home care agency was taken over by Trinity Health at Home. Our PTO was reduced by one week per year. If you are part time, your healthcare benefit cost is 2x the amount of a full time employee. My immediate supervisor is very nice, however, the upper management only cares about productivity. They are constantly instituting changes without having processes in place. The therapy salary was just reduced by 20%.
Pros
Compared to the culture under our previous administration then I would say none
Cons
20% salary cut, chaotic environment, constant changes being made.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Health At Home. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9