Trinity Health System Employee Reviews

Friendly work place and employees
Medicare Biller (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 8, 2018
Working as many accounts that had been assigned to work queue. Everyday was a learning experience because of Medicare requirements for billing. Management would listen to billing problems and offer solution when possible. A diverse workplace. The hardest part of the job was getting correct billing information when a rejection was received for insurance company. When I was able to help a patient or insurance company resolve and billing issues.
Pros
Longevity and benefits
Cons
Never being able to clear accounts from work queue.
Poor Management
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHAugust 27, 2018
The head of registration is rude. Rude to patients and employees. Does not communicate well at all. Days she will be in touch and very unprofessional.
nice work environment
Nursing Attendant (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJune 26, 2018
I enjoy working for Trinity Health System. The floor i work on is great, my clinical manager is awesome and my co-workers are great. Everyone helps each other out
Pros
nice benefit package
mission driven
Corporate Director of Population Health (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 19, 2018
trinity is mission-driven and works closely with the community health needs to address clinical and the social determinants of health.I have had the opportunity to sit on community boards to address health disparity and drive solutions of many of the community barriers through partnerships.
The most difficult is to maintain work-life balance with the high expectations and workload. Most enjoyable is working with our passionate staff to drive change in our clinical programs.
Productive and good workplace
Light housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMay 27, 2018
It was a good experience to learn a lot about the career I want to go into, and meet new people and have so many opportunities. I learned how to do so much too. It was a great experience.
Alot of work but the hours are steady
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHApril 6, 2018
It was a long day of work but the hours were steady and a regular work day. The management was nice enough and all my co workers were really helpful. It was a more physical job but the cooperative environment was what I miss the most
Pros
cooperative work enviroment
Cons
long hours and work weekends
able to use all of my skills
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMarch 7, 2018
I have acquired many different skills in my 37 years. I have worked in various clinical areas, nonclinical and quality improvement and quality outcomes. My typical day now consists of review of outcomes and i have become a physician liaison. Management at our facility is fair and I have been involved in many multidisciplinary teams.
Very fast paced, high expectation,
Owners Rep/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INMarch 7, 2018
A typical day at work would be to start out reading all the emails that usually pile up to about 60 per day. Then acting on all of them.
Visiting various projects within the hospital, or travel to remote ones via my own vehicle. Return to the office to review schedules, pay applications, submittals, etc..
Pros
Was never micromanaged, expectations were to be met and how I did it was up to me.
Ever-changing, fast paced enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMarch 6, 2018
I would receive verbal report during shift change then makes rounds to all the units. Obtain any items needed by staff from storeroom. I would handle any escalated issues or address medical situations. There was a lot of trouble shooting since I worked an off-shift on the weekends, I performed chart audits, helped with med passes and treatments, IV therapy, EKGs, lab draws, etc
Pros
Clinical experience
Cons
Off-Shift, weekend work
Nice place to work
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMarch 1, 2018
Training system is good, As you work with each operator, you learn new things. The only thing is the constant sitting is hard. Would recommend if full time needed.
Pros
great group of people
Cons
Needed full time job
Registration area
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHFebruary 18, 2018
You are always busy. Can be stressful at times but it's a wonderful job with wonderful people working there. If you like to stay busy this would be the perfect job for you!
Healthcare Industry
Homecare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 7, 2018
Very lean organization with limited employee interaction and support. Struggle to find balance between employee retention and management expectations.
Provides a good learning experinece
Central Registraton and Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHDecember 9, 2017
I was new to working in the hospital setting, I was trained by some of the registration clerks who had worked in the department for 30 plus years, so they were very knowledgeable and were available when I had any questions.
Great people to work with for the most part. Poor direct management!!!
HR (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 4, 2017
Manager had no clue as to what was going on and they have been with the company for years. The manager doesn't even know the job they managed. They were incapable of developing or coaching employee's. As far as the company, they decided to make a decision and launch a new system before making sure it was the best fit for the companies needs and without thought of the affect it would have on its employees or the company as a whole. As a result, they loss alot of great leaders and employees. The company's moral as a whole was affected.
Work life balance is non existent
Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 1, 2017
The organization struggles financially and you will be expected to work the jobs of two people or more without compensation. Tons of red tape, unable to make decisions at the lower to midlevel management.
Cons
No bonus structure, 2-3% raises
working ar trinity
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHOctober 22, 2017
Working at Trinity isn't for everyone it is a difficult place to work because the hours are long and you're constantly short staffed but if you get past that and the stressful work environment that coworkers put you in the job can be okay only because of the patients you are there to help and feel better during their time in the hospital
Pros
50 cent lunches when working in dietary
Cons
30 minute breaks and extremely long shifts
No Management Structure
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 14, 2017
This workplace is very loud and many of the individuals, like me, are getting ready to leave for retirement within the next year or two. The mentality is very "my team will carry me to the finish line" so those that work hard are used until they leave for better work. Since the company is a non-profit, the pay is not very good and the management is very inexperienced. You are expected to work until you hate your environment and you constantly feel overwhelmed. Many of the managers and staff are uneducated and have little motivation to do anything except talk about personal things or go on their facebook accounts. The turn over rate is extremely high because people either are promoted very quickly (if they are hard workers) or they leave for better paying work and better management structure. You are either met with a manager that is always down your throat or a manager that is never there. If you are able to get into management this is a great place, but anything other than management is really lackluster. I've been here for years and I really dislike everything, but the PTO is hard to pass up and they are great with letting us take off for medical leaves. It is the best part of being there.
Pros
vacation time, little to no supervision, inability to fail because no goals are set
Cons
too personal, high turn over rate, low rate of pay
Good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHAugust 2, 2017
Good employees. Helpful and nice in most parts of the hospital. Problem with nurse/patient ratios. Departments work together for the patient in most cases.
Could be better work place if we made more and the management cared about our well-being
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJuly 30, 2017
Be there for many years want more increase In pay. Love what I do but don't feel appreciated and over worked. The cafeteria has raise there prices and the food is not better. No incentives for coming in on your off day or picking up because a sickness or an illness in someone's family
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough money
Stressful but rewarding
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJuly 28, 2017
I work steady nights in the cardiovascular unit. I take care of immediate post op open heart patients on a regular basis. I also take care of ventilated patients, critcal patients with life sustaining devices, overdoses, myocardial infarctions, and respiratory complications. I love what I do and have for the 15 years I have been a nurse. I have broadened my knowledge with schooling and on the job experiences. Some of my patients have been very complex, but those are the one I enjoy the most. I live to critically think and do what I need to do and mostly what the patient needs me to do to optimize their health. I have bulit some of the best relationships with my co-workers. We work as a team and family. This is very assuring on the worst days.
Pros
self scheduling
Cons
skeleton crew most of the time