Trinity Health Employee Reviews

Mission and value based organization.
Director of D&I, Leads (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work. Organization support employees benefits and support career enhancement. Leadership is very advance and competitive.

Workplace culture is good.
Excited until I started
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 16, 2018
I started, excited to begin...never given the access needed to do my job, no desk or computer of my own (I had to share), never trained how how to do my duties nor what my days off were. The job was nothing like the described to me.
I was yelled at every day by my coworker and these were some of the most computer illiterate people I’d ever worked with.
They couldn’t tell me when my insurance was starting. Left after a month...they kept blaming each other for why I didn’t have access or a desk instead of getting it. They also couldn’t get my title figured out. Geez what a mess!
Gret companey to work for.
RN (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 11, 2018
I worked with Trinity health Care for on year.I was very pleased with their professional staff. The expirence was short and memorable.I would work with the company again.
Pros
flexable schedules
Cons
Compassionate creative, people person, hard working, honest, coach, strategic planning
CEO/President (Former Employee) –  Morrison, ILOctober 9, 2018
Built team to maintain and improve quality for all health care functions. Five direct reports, assistant administrators of the five main administrative health business functions
Great atmosphere
RN Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OROctober 4, 2018
I enjoyed my job at St Alphonsus Ontario, Oregon. I only left because of a move for my spouse’s work.
My supervisors were great to work with. Scheduling was self scheduled wich allowed for personal time. Education reimbursement was encouraged.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
Trinity did not offer a great match on retirement.
Not much management support
Comprehensivist family physician (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDSeptember 19, 2018
Hard to acquire the resources needed to run an efficient practice. EMR is slow, no physician exec VP, no one for physicians to go to with requests for help and guidance.
Pros
Nice patients, plenty of opportunities for patient care, great pay
Cons
Lack of resources
good place to work
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 19, 2018
Really enjoyed working at Trinity Health. this is a really great place to work. Work life balance is a priority there. Managers care about making sure there is back up for vacations and sick days so you are not worrying about your work piling up.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
n/a
loved my coworkers and my manager is great!
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDSeptember 16, 2018
If you are willing to work hard and keep up to date on current procedures, you will do well at Trinity.You need to keep things clean and organized for your own mental and physical health.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
You need to keep things clean if you don't want to get sick.
Overall great place to work but...
Mercy Physician Network (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
Trinity Health did not promote an environment of growth. The opportunity to be promoted within was almost non existent. Regardless of experience or qualification if you did not have a degree you could forget moving forward. Wages are not really competitive with other organizations of this size.
Double-standard environment
Cash Posting Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 10, 2018
Some employees barely work and others are given the work of 2-3 people to make up for it. It's unfair and action isn't taken to fix the problems. Training and onboarding is horrible. Policies are in place but aren't enforced. Pay is low.
fast pace
Mercy Hospital and medical center (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
fun to work for, a challenge people are nice doctors speaks and chats
with you, many events give away food, offer grab bags, have many rap sessions, and we smile
Pros
dinner breaks are nice and we have housekeeper week
Cons
need more money
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHSeptember 4, 2018
I do like Trinity I just feel my talents can be used better in another position. I enjoy the dr and the patients there.. I feel they try to accommodate employees. Small family type company.
Pros
Monday thru friday
Cons
No paid vacations
Most Enjoyable part of my job
RN (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDSeptember 2, 2018
Opportunity to float to other floors outside of trained specialty. Co-workers are wonderful to work with and there are many opportunities to learn and grow.
Great environment with room to grow
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 31, 2018
Wonderful environment to work in. Fast paced but not overwhelming. I learned a lot in the medical field and felt accomplished at the end of every day.
Pros
fun enviroment
Leadership and Management
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 31, 2018
Poor Leadership and unwilling to work with employee personal/medical issues. Management does not make time to listen nor care what you are truly going through as long as money is following in.
benefits
Cons
stressfull and uncompassionant
Fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 28, 2018
Had a great group of workers on our floor that worked great to provide wonderful care to our residents and still have fun doing it. Our nurses also joined in
Used to be a great place to work; now is a mess;
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 23, 2018
Highly political organization that does not make people feel valued overall. Too many changes, constant reorgs, constant change to procedures, leadership wants everything yesterday with virtually little to no planning. How many VPs does it take to manage an organization anyway? Directors/manager have limited authority. It takes an act of God to get anything done or a decision to be made. They talk about the "mission", but most don't live the written company values. Evaluations have little to do with job performance but are mostly a subjective psychological analysis made by incompetent managers. Processes are cumbersome and ridiculous. Limited collaboration with lower levels. Communication is vague at best. Many people are afraid to speak up. They continue to do surveys and wonder why scores are low. No one wants to put their neck out. Suggestions are typically not welcome and usually do not get implemented. Absolutely no transparency - high-level management is not trusted. The culture is bipolar - the real culture is not what they promote. Note, there are some good managers and areas to work in, but overall, not. Expect significant layoffs expected in a year or so. They'll do the same thing they always do, create new job descriptions and eliminate the old ones. I have worked here many years and have watched this company deteriorate. It is truly sad especially for a non-profit healthcare organization who claims to care for PEOPLE.
Pros
Salaries are good. Work/life balance is supported in some areas.
Cons
Very poor management & leadership; very political environment
Significant Turnover
Clinical Director Community Health & Well (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 15, 2018
There is significant turnover at Trinity Health system off in the leadership positions. Many have been due to retirement, but the climate likely has pushed those folks to retire earlier than intended. The trust in management is very low and morale is low too. The mission is awesome, but it isn't always in the forefront. Change is causing issues.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Leadership, trust, significant change, inability to move forward
Awesome place to work Great dept. and just a pleasant environment
Store room clerk (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Trinity Health of New England. I had the pleasure of being employed there for a little over 2 years. I would of never left except for housing possibilities I couldn't pass up. Great people, pleasant work environment and really good job with quality managers and staff.
Pros
everything
Cons
20 drive and PARKING
everchanging senior leadership, and direction
finance (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 10, 2018
very stressful enviroment, unhappy coworkers, ineffective management, poor job training, long days, HR unavailable, no individual job recognition, hiring and wage increase freeze saw alot of work go unattended, and loss of good long time employees
Pros
pto
Cons
all else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight