Trinity Health Employee Reviews

Trinity Health System has been a good source of employment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHApril 15, 2018
I have worked at Trinity for 16years. It has been a good source of employment for me. I worked 13 years on a telemetry floor, and the last 3 years in PACU. I have worked 12 hour shifts, including nights,weekends,holidays. I worked as a staff RN, and charge/PCS. The last 3 years,I have worked as a recovery nurse, including pre-op, and same day services. Post op care of all major surgeries,including abdominal,orthopedic, vascular,bariatric,as well as ENT,oral,and gyn. Post op ventilator experience, as well as critical care.
Pros
Accumulate PTO hours, health benefits, excellent co-workers
Cons
I work in recovery, work a lot of call time, long hours when on call.
Salaray was ok managers terrible
RN Travel Nursing Various Hospitals (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC,April 15, 2018
12 hour shifts, very disorganized , no communication to between Trinity Nurse recruiters and hospital liaison. Most enjoyable part of my job was my three days off.
Pros
Cons
No not stand behind employees
System office
Program Manager Consultant - (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 13, 2018
Pros
Workplace Environment
Remote working
Flexible work hours
a huge system
a lot to learn

Cons
complicated environment
contracting positions not guranteed
Cons
System office decision on contracting positions are not up the mark.
stressful but fun place to work
Lab Registration Clerk/phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 5, 2018
Delightful to work for, fun challenging, high stressful always work short due to being understaff. managing the high volume of patients and being short staff
most enjoyable part is taking care of patients, and making them smile, making there visit more pleasant.
Pros
lab week was always fun
Cons
alway feel rush for breaks
trinity qa
Qualified Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVApril 4, 2018
Great place to work. Great management and friendly coworkers. day at work would be going in to get their ice passed to them, get their dinner passed out and picked up and their snacks made before bed.
My work place
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 29, 2018
Its a good place to work if you learn to work the job and not the job work you. I feel we need to work as a team and the nurses should not put everything on the CNAs. Like asking lights. like tells us need something and they could right by the room and we're giving care in another room. New girls come there and they riding their backs every minute. Everyone gets along and we lookout for each other.
Nice clients
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHMarch 27, 2018
I think the people at this company are very nice, just a little uncoordinated and unprofessional. I need something that is more consistent and something I can have a routine with.
Cons
Not consistent hours
It was okay
ICD-10 Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMarch 25, 2018
While I had a job that was needed and required it was great. Once the job changed no one informed me nor that I had received a new manager so tensions began to build, so once I had decided to move it was time to go.
Nutrition Services associate (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIMarch 13, 2018
Very professional co workers. Fun but professional atmosphere. Management was very fair and valued their employees. There was room for advancement if needed. I hated to leave actually.
Great Place to Work
Trinity Health Senior Communities (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 7, 2018
This is a great compassionate Company that provides excellent benefits and an provides great Healthcare in twenty two states. Awesome place to work and they provide excellent benefits.
Ba
Server (Current Employee) –  Walker, MIMarch 4, 2018
Don’t work here. It is awful. The management in the kitchen will to write you up if you have an opinion that they don’t agree with. They will leave you alone as long as you don’t call in, in your first 90 days. This place just is an awful place to work. The only thing that is nice is your coworkers. Your opinion is asked for. But it is not considered.
Mandation and management kills the morale
LPN (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 1, 2018
This place is so nice to work, especially if you have been in other companies where the work load is heavy. HOWEVER, You can’t enjoy the environment due to constant mandation and horrible management. Staff tends to be nice but you have to watch them as those with a history there tend to click together against you. There downfall is management and mandation. They are understaffed. Management always assume rather than believe you. They will fire you based on what someone else said only because they know the other person better than you. No balance in management to nurse. No patience in listening to staff. They rather tell you what to do rather than try to work things out with you. Nurses also tend to have responsibilities that THE unit manger should have. They expect nurses to do EVERYTHING YET PAY YOU LESS. You only see your money when they mandate you. Good thing is they pay OT for anything pass 8 hours. You’ll easily get 35.00 and hour if you get mandated
Pros
Clean, nice environment
Cons
Mandation, poor management, lazy staff
Not a bad place to work...
LPN (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 24, 2018
Benefits are great, but pay is disappointing. The pay is much below industry standard, but tuition reimbursement is offered. Staff is generally cooperative.
Pros
Benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Wage, extra duties that nurses usually don't do, like serving food in the dinning room.
Orhto Floor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 20, 2018
I worked as a RN graduate right out of school, and soon discovered that floor nursing (especially Ortho Floor nursing) wasn't for me. Overall Trinity Health is a good company to work for, I wasn't happy on the floor I was on.
Trinity overall good company with great benefits but poor management.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDFebruary 14, 2018
Trinity fast paced and stressful at times. Very meaningful moments due to the families and patients of that facility. Meeting workers that later became friends, a positive. Management could use improvement. for disciplinary actions of their long term employees. Equality of employees within management questionable. Employee turn around ever revolving.
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 12, 2018
Challenging yet rewarding, learning leadership is a must because almost everyone has a different style. I really enjoyed building relationships with all
Pros
Great PTO
Cons
Long travel
Dangerous staffing levels
RN (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 9, 2018
If you value your nursing license do not apply at Glacier Hills. They will have you caring for 44+ sub abut high acuity pts and responsible for four sets of narc keys for four halls. Mgmt is hands off and will not help. Expect 2 nurses in CRC on nights and as of lately only 4 during he day and evening for all 88 CRC pts. High nurse turnover and poor scheduling always guilting into picking up holes in schedule only to work short. Many staff abusing FMLA.
Pros
Co nurses and Cna’s, compensation
Cons
Inadequate Staffing, hands off management, high acuity with inadequate and inexperienced nurses
customer centered healthcare company
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 8, 2018
my work in financial counseling involved meeting w customers who requested assistance in getting healthcare coverage and who requested assistance for payments balances after their insurance. Management was team oriented and professional in conduct Workplace culture was team based with continuous improvement
Hardest part for me of job was adjusting to workload, and utilizing new technology packages as they became available to Once I adjusted was able to manage workload better and increase efficiency
Excellent Building and Fun Residents
Directo of Nursing Services (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXFebruary 6, 2018
The owner Ryan Harrington is an amazing person and genuinely cares about his employees. Best company I have worked for so far.
Typical day includes overseeing the entire nursing department for the building and ensuring that residents are taking care of properly and safely.
Pros
Administrator of this building is unrealist.
Cons
Administrator of this building will write an employee up in a heartbeat.
Good company to work for
IS Service Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 6, 2018
Trinity is concerned about their employees work and life balance.
It is a busy place to work and a lot of information to take in.
There is continual training opportunities.
I enjoy working with my peers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight