Trinity Health Employee Reviews

Productive and a Fun Place to work
Billing and Follow Up Representative (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIFebruary 11, 2019
I am a Billing and Follow up Representative. I think that the job that I do is fun, educational, and collaborative.The benefits are great. I love my manager. Upper management can be a little out of touch with reality. The pay is not allowing me to afford the cost of living in my area. The pay is 7% below the national average and it's one of the biggest Catholic organizations in the country. The job culture is great.
Pros
Laid back and fun
Cons
Need better pay
No consistency
Admnistrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 6, 2019
Pros

Excellent benefits package, nice coworkers, encouragement of growth and developing your talents.

Cons

Compensation below average, high risk of burnout. Lots of politics, very hierarchical management system, management will sometimes play favorites, no consistency when it comes to treatment of hourly versus salary employees. Disclosing a chronic condition or disability means you are no longer useful to the company. I was shocked and dismayed at how poorly people were treated after they disclosed their conditions.
It was great but management and pay was horrible
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, MIFebruary 11, 2019
Management was poorly managed I had no training and also was verbally bullied while pregnant and no one ever did nothing no matter how many times I spoke up
Pros
Great benefits and PTO was lovely
Cons
Poor management
Great Company
Client Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 26, 2018
Great company to work for. Good work life balance. Good medical and health benefits. Management is very respectful and listens to employees concerns.
Mission and value based organization.
Director of D&I, Leads (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work. Organization support employees benefits and support career enhancement. Leadership is very advance and competitive.

Workplace culture is good.
company is based on mission statement and values
Credit Resolution Representative (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 13, 2018
great company to work for/excellent benefits, very diverse and you are able to expand your skill set company values their mission statement I would recommend this company to work for
coworker are what makes you stick it out
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MINovember 10, 2018
Turnover rate is really high which will cause you to work many 16 hour days with only 8 hours off. The Micromanagement from your bosses will be so over baring that you feel you can’t even care for the residents without someone breathing down your neck. If you’re in it for the money then go for it! Pay is awesome and OT is a guarantee on every check practically. Residents do not get equal care either, if the family complains to the DON enough they will be top priority.
Pros
Coworker, Pay, and Benefits
Cons
Managment, Short staffed, mandation
Trinity
Medical Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 31, 2019
My core responsibilities include processing facility claims in accordance with contracts and policies to determine the extent of liability and entitlement, following up on suspended claims, resolving coordination of benefits and coding discrepancies, reviewing patient history to ensure accurate billing whenever it’s best or necessary, responding to inquiries and requests from providers, customer service and patients.
Pros
the pay and benefits
Busy, great coworkers
Manager clinical applications shared services (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 4, 2018
Busy ,great coworkers ,long hours, mandations often. New ownership coming in September very little information being shared. Lack of communication between management and staff.
Benefits
Cons
Hours, patient load
Leadership and Management
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 31, 2018
Poor Leadership and unwilling to work with employee personal/medical issues. Management does not make time to listen nor care what you are truly going through as long as money is following in.
benefits
Cons
stressfull and uncompassionant
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 1, 2018
Great Company. Fantastic benefits. Good work/life balance. Worked in Home Office, site is great. Onsite cafeteria, close to shopping and restaurants so lunch or errands can be done at lunch.
It's a good place
Lead Warehouse Tech (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 9, 2018
All in all it's a good place to work, not the best. The pay is lackluster for the duties we are responsible for. We also get pay raises only once a year and it is not guaranteed.
Good, ethical company with underdeveloped strategy
Manager IT Applications (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 2, 2018
The company, as a whole, I like and trust. I feel we provide good care to our patients, and I feel the folks on the ground do their absolute best to make it a good company to work for.

Compensation is not comparable to the rest of the industry, in fact, they would be the first to tell you that. I feel I get paid about 80% of what I could get elsewhere.

My biggest issue is with the strategy of their IT department. In the few years I've worked there, we've already had a number of significant pivots and reorganizations. Furthermore, I don't trust what leadership says. Not that I think they are lying, I think they think they are telling the truth. However, any policy, standard or strategy can and has been reversed any number of times. Additionally, getting approval to staff up is like pulling teeth, leaving a number of technical teams dramatically understaffed and overworked.
Pros
Ethical company, good culture, great people
Cons
Poor pay, no direction, waffling leadership
good place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 15, 2018
good place to work just not that great of pay, and almost no advancements and nor raises but overall not a bad place to work
the shifts are kind of weird
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burtonsville, MDJuly 30, 2018
A very friendly environment that promotes self development and staff growth.This facility shows great care to staff, Residents and family members. A highly spiritual place and environment that promotes spiritual wellness as part of holistic care. staff and residents alike benefits from all available program.
Pros
Its well organized
Cons
A non profit organisation with little or no staff incentives.
Good starting place
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 22, 2018
The company is great for getting your foot in the door. There are several advancement opportunities and they come up frequently, but it is extremely competitive and they will turn you down for minor things such as not being confident enough in your interview. The work is very monotonous, this is partly due to how the roles are broken down in some departments. At least 3 people could touch something when realistically it only needs to be 1 or 2 people. There is very little genuine praise for hard work, and it becomes less and less as time goes on. Morale is very low, and even when expressed they do nothing to try and change it. Several of the “fun” events and awards they would do have slowly diminished over time, and you can feel the department dynamic changing to everyone being careless about their job. Your whole experience does depend on the team you are apart of, as with anywhere else, but even a good team can turn bad quickly when people start advancing and moving around.

The benefits are good, and you get a fair amount of PTO time however it is earned over time. They are flexible with schedule changes and time off as needed, and the attendance policy is fair. Pay is fair for the job expectations and being a non profit.

The company promotes a very understanding and relaxed culture, which is great but is not taken seriously by all management which makes it hard to instill in employees. Job expectations are not really enforced, and it hurts morale when there is no true incentive to do a good job or go above and beyond when someone who barely does the bare minimum gets
  more... the same treatment or advancement as someone who goes above and beyond.  less
Pros
Pto, benefits, learning experiences
Cons
Management, difficult to advance, poor morale
Stay away from this place!!!!!
Supply Chain - Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 16, 2018
This was the worst place to I have ever worked. Over-worked, extremely under-paid, worst management team ever. No room for growth. Applied for multiple positions, never got an interview. As soon as I walked in, I would get a headache. If I stayed I may have ended up in the hospital. Such a stressful place to work. Have never worked with so many incompetent managers. They are rude & disrespectful. They have their little pets and everyone else is just a nobody. The AP Director and all the managers need to go!!!! For being a Catholic organization, they have a very poor culture. Such a hostile work environment. Because the job market was so poor for so long, they took advantage of people. Never acknowledged for anything good, only made aware of the bad. They offer horrible health insurance. Tripled in price by the time I left. Was on cloud 9 when I found a new job. Didn't give 2 weeks’ notice because they didn't deserve it. Stay away from this place!
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of - Mgmt, salary, benefits
Fairly easy, relaxed housekeeping atmosphere
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJune 12, 2018
I worked there as a housekeeper, and especially on the night shift, I often had more than enough time to do everything I needed to - of course, being a hospital, there were times things got busy and then I was practically running down the halls.
Pros
Full cafeteria (cheap), good benefits
Cons
Risks of disease from patients, mostly
Fantastic place to work & enjoyed my time there!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHDecember 10, 2018
I had a very happy and fulfilling career there. I love to help and care for others. As a registered nurse, I found my calling. I woke up everyday thrilled to start my day helping those who needed me. Management and my co-workers helped me succeed in a mutually healthy environment.
Pros
Self-made schedule, PRN position
Cons
Not many breaks to take care of self
Feels interesting
Central Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 25, 2018
They have average health benefits. Good vacation time. The environment is not that great but you can manage for the pay. In all honesty it all depends in the area you are located in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight