Trinity Industries Employee Reviews

Featured review
Trinity Industries selected this as a representative review
HR/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 30, 2018
Daily reviewing certifications for drivers, payroll, staffing
Daily activities working directly with management to ensure all materials were in compliance . working with Tex-Dot
Pros
family, fun place to work
Purchasing agent | Account's payable | Payroll
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
Loved my job, more like a family that employees most of the employees would help you in any way they could. We had events all the time the Christmas party was the best. Time off if you needed it, when you needed it. Both my parents passed while I was working there, the out pour of support was overwhelming . Plenty of pay raised I went from $5.00 per hour answering phones to $20.00 and doing purchasing while I was at the company. Everyone was will to help train me on different thing. I would have never left if it hadn't been for the fact that they closed the plant down and I was not willing to relocate
Pros
everything
Cons
last manager
Good pay, great people, but has an exceptional workload at times
Fitter/Welder 3 (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 8, 2018
Like other industrial workplaces, Trinity is not for the faint of heart. If you dn't meet production, they get on your case. If you do, they increase the workload. They'll work you practically to death to try and make production. However, despite how bad that sounds, they keep you around (at least for a while) with great pay. They make you earn that pay with the rigors of industrial work. You come in, you clock in, you show up for the safety meetings, and you work with heavy metal objects. You'll work yourself out even if you don't get much overtime, so if you start here, make it count.
Pros
great pay, people are nice to work with, optional benefits
Cons
high work hours, few short breaks (outside of extraneous circumstances)
The Hallmark of my Career
Lead QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2018
Trinity is recognized as north american household name in Manufacturing, but for me personally it was the stepping stone to accelerate my skills and experience to the next level, Leadership is cooperative and stability is relevant, especially when you meet many people who have been in the company for 20 some years
Pros
Stability, Compensation and flexibility
Cons
Culture challenges, resistance to change
Great co worker great pay and good benifits
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 12, 2018
Management is poor one day one thing is acceptable the very next it’s not. And if you find your self in a hot seat don’t expect help from your supervisor and managers they will throw you under the bus so fast. No team wholeness. Especially in QA department
Pros
Job security and pay and benifits
Cons
Good pay but bad management
Welder (Former Employee) –  oklahoma city, OKSeptember 24, 2018
If it weren't for the good pay and healthcare I would have quit a long time ago. Advancement opportunities only for the favorites. Overworked and made to feel bad when you need to take the day off. Generally, as long as you work your butt off and don't step on any toes they will keep you and pay you well.
Pros
healthcare, compensation
Cons
overworked, favoritism amongst employees
Productive a very good company to work for good benefits, good management, you name it great company to work for.
Sandblaster/Painter (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 12, 2018
Productive good company to work for over all great benefits, good management, laid-back and also good company to learn and pay attention very good company to work for hands down.
Pros
Good peoples
Cons
Can't be late
Company as a whole is good, local Management is too political
Manager Trinity Industries (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 10, 2018
The politics within the management team makes it difficult to get things done, I was there before and after management changes so I saw it, first hand
benefits
Cons
Poor Management Team Culture
awesome place to learn and improve different skills
Inspector A (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 23, 2018
Day started off early in the morning, getting off at 7pm with a 30 min lunch. Majority of employees there were respectful and friendly.
Employees worked long shifts, seven days a week. Management was outstanding for the time being. Culture population was a variety of people and mostly everyone got along with one another . The hardest part of the job was letting the welders know that you are for them not against them while inspecting their welds. The easiest part of the job , well none of it was easy .
Pros
401k, full benfits, great insurance, pays all bills and some .
Cons
hardly ever home
Official response from Trinity Industries
May 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing information about your day and the 5-star review. We hope you consider working for Trinity again in the future.

Work is more important then your health to them
Final Painter (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 11, 2018
Only thing that's really good about Trinity is the benefits and pay. Alot should be took upon consideration. Doctor notes are not accepted at Trinity
Pros
Bonus twice a year, health benefits.
Cons
Sick pay, Emergency FMLA, acceptable doctor notes especially for people with children.
Under paid and over worked
Welder (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 14, 2018
My lead man and supervisor told me they weren't keeping me bc the company didn't want to put me on insurance and give me a pay raise they put everyone through man power as a 90 day cheap labor work mule
learning experience
Machine shop lead mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2018
promotion are available pay is above average .great plant managers and personalities .crosstraining available for individuals who want to succeed. great benefits
Busy
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJuly 27, 2018
There is a lot of back and forth with production and quality. Work gets done according, but there are some slight issues with management from time to time and lack of communication with departments
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Work environment
Pretty good place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Hallsville, TXNovember 14, 2018
Trinity seems.to be a good place to work and treat people pretty fair. They treated me pretty good.I think they have good benefits and work with there employees
Long hours on the job at times but good job security.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2018
Good work environment and good benefits. Will promote workers who take pride in their work. Plenty of overtime for those who want it. Management push you to the limit but rewards with quarterly bonuses and safety dinners.
Pros
Team work, bonuses, benefits
Cons
Demanding, heat related, pay scale
Friendly workplace, lots of overtime, management very involved.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2018
Very friendly work place, excellent management, always opportunity to move up. Great benefits. Opportunity ranges to gain experience (welding, QA, and management).
Benefits
Cons
layoffs, and unpredictable work hours.
Company does not honor it's "Core Values"
CORPORATE RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2018
No set advancement structure it is pure luck of the draw on whether you are favored or friends that is the only way you move up. You either conform and stay silent to all the issues within the company or become friends within groups in order to move up. I volunteered and was on a committee.I was the first person to throw my hand up at every opportunity to travel/ gain more experience in order to grow within the company. I cleaned up messes plants created on a daily basis because their turnover is so high due to the lack of structure. I was asked to travel and assist at Job fairs by my manager who gave me such hardship just to get paid my overtime simply because the company wanted to exhaust their resources in order to meet business needs but they did not want to pay up due to budget restrictions. Worked hard and faithfully for a manager that discouraged me and told me, "You don't want to work for ____ without a given reason." This corporate company holds core values that are a joke. That is all I will say.
Cons
No benefits
Somewhat stable employment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 6, 2018
Proactive safety program with somewhat competitive pay. Moderate family to work balance. Generous benefits package. Genuine personal concern from upper management.
Welder/overhead crane operator
Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Brusly, LAJuly 20, 2018
We did welding and overhead crane operator. This job hardest part was safety. We were given health care benefits and vacation day. Employers were alright to get along with.
Good Pay But over worked
Career Custodian (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJune 13, 2018
good pay but you had to work 12 hrs a day and hardly get to see your family. a lot of people cheating on there spouses at that company. long hours, hardly home and they played favorites. you could have all kinds of experience and no write ups and get passed over for someone just because they kiss folks butts.. HR is horrible in that place, they micro manage all the managers in that place and if they don't like an employee they will dig and find any reason to get you fired.. my advice is to do your job, stay to yourself and don't make friends in that place unless you want to kiss a bosses butt to move up.. females forget about it, they treat you like property in that place because females are in there sleeping with whoever they can to move up the tiny ladder they are given.. makes it hard on the other females who wont sleep around to move up..
Pros
decent pay
Cons
female discrimination, hard to move up, favoritism
Don't work here if you are being hired in as Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIMay 15, 2018
If come in as a machine operator your best bet is to just find a new job. Their hiring process is way too long and not worth it for them to cut you within 3 days of working there. The pay isn't worth the amount of work you do, They don't train you on anything they expect you to know. This was hands down the worst job I have ever had my displeasure working at, Not even because I was let go but because there are other jobs who treat you so much better than they do.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Long hours, Terrible management, Not paid enough for the workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight