Trinity Industries Employee Reviews

Featured review
Trinity Industries selected this as a representative review
Overall great company to work for.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2019
Great employee based company with strong growth opprotunity. Trinity is an industry leading company in the steel manufacturing environment. High standard in safey, quality and production.
good place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAMarch 23, 2019
good place to work.
Here are thing you will do in a typical day:
▪ Access control, monitoring surveillance cameras, patrol of the grounds, logging visitors into the computer and escorting them into the plant, searches of vehicles and employees
▪ Working with Police, Fire, & EMS agencies in emergency situations
▪ Training new security personnel, scheduling; Develop and implement security policies
▪ Resolving complaints utilizing conflict resolution techniques; Completing report writing
▪ Maintaining order to provide a safe working environment; Contraband confiscation and disposal
Great pay but hard work
Senior Welder fitter (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMarch 19, 2019
I love the job I love the skill level required I love what I learned but they pushed us too hard with these time studies by hiring outside companies to come in and tell us what was possible. They said that we could build a deck every 14 minutes so the company expected us to build 18 and 8 hour shift. some of us felt like our backs were breaking trying to do this in a company didn't care because the outside company that came in and watch this work for a half a day said it was possible and we felt threatened of our jobs if we couldn't do what they said
Pros
The money there was
Cons
I really felt more like a clock number than a beloved employee
Its a decent place to work
Fabricator/Welder (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 19, 2019
Its a decent place to work.. Good people and decent benefits.. very physically demanding and not weather controlled so be prepared to be really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter.
Productive Manufacturer
Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2019
Start my day with a toolbox talk concerning safety, followed by a meeting with management over any safety issues that may have arose. Frequent walk around looking for hazardous situations and ensuring employees wore correct PPE while performing job duties.
Pros
Experince
Cons
Mixed Management
Was an ok job
Welder (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 10, 2019
Was and ok job....it was a temp job starting out then after 90 day they’ll roll u over.... but it was a fast pace type of job getting trains in and out on a schedule
Supportive environment
Wellness and Disability Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2019
Great opportunity for program growth and process improvements. Company required too many pilot programs prior to developing and implementing new programs.
productive
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2019
lots of opportunities to excel
great peers
commute was easy enough
management was consistent
networked with many different business units
worked on many project
Pros
opportunies were limitless
Cons
culture was different
Safety
Senior Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TXMarch 3, 2019
Safety culture changing slowly. Long work hours are needed to make up for the low salary that this company offers. Work on weekends are required to make up for salary.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low salary
layed off at my age not good
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOMarch 2, 2019
i gave 100 percent to this job daily i loved it and the people there, i tried to stay and they layed me off. i would like to go back but i have yet to hear from them. i gave them some of my best years and im fighting to keep my home and vehicles now because of them. wish them the best.
over all it was interesting and a grate experience
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2019
while working at trinity i began to learn the necessary skill to farther my career in food /dish washing.

learning
preparing,cooking,cleaning and maintaining my area .
Pros
skill learning/team building.
Cons
hard work and long hours
Good salary and benefits but culture is lacking
Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2019
Nothing about working for Trinity is too difficult. They pay well and the benefits are good. The work culture desperately needs to be improved. There is a borderline abusive relationship between some upper management and others.
Trinity Industries
Human Resouces (Former Employee) –  Ferris, TXFebruary 22, 2019
I worked in Human Resources at the Trinity Materials division. I was promoted to Administrative Assistant to Vice President and the General Manager.
No opportunity for advancement
Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Great company and great people but there is no opportunity for growth or advancement
Systems are very old school
No special events for Holidays
No employee recognition
Pros
Benefits, flexibility
Cons
No growth
Pays the bills
Welder (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Great experience in a reliable trade. Credentials in various mechanics in industrial jobs. Profit sharing checks also. Pay should be higher. But I worked around great men.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Very productive and safe workplace
Blast Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCFebruary 9, 2019
A typical day in the life of Trinity Meyer was running the blaster to coat the poles so that they were ready for painting sothat hey could be shipped out.
Pros
Pretty easy laid back job
Cons
When there was not enough work
fast pace
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 9, 2019
fast pace work was always coming and going. upper management was good but supervisors needed a lot of help. coworkers was great to work with made lots good friends
Traditional company with a lot of long term employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Solid company to work for, as evidenced by the long service of its employees. Manufacturing culture is present even in the corporate office. Great people.
Each department is different
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MO 63830February 6, 2019
Some departments are fast paced. The department I was in worked 7 days a week, 3 1/2 days on 3 1/2 off. You work either day or nights, only rotate off weekends every other month. One month you may work 7 days straight but your pay period breaks that in half so its two 40 1/2 hr. pay periods, but next month you have off 7 days, but still get paid because those are two off periods back to back, so its like getting 6 weeks off during a year. No top outs on pay 4 bonuses a yr
Pros
the more you work the bigger the bonus
Cons
the day crew gets better treatment
the top down view
SAFETY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ashland City, TNJanuary 30, 2019
Work started off fairly well. It took time to learn my around the plant and observe all of the different things going on. After that it was a lot of paperwork, training and meeting with other managers. The first two years went reasonably smooth, but after that there was big slow down in production, primarily due to the reduction in oil prices. The company made inland water barges the that largest percentage consisted of oil barges. With that came a reduction in people. At the pinnacle of my stay I had 6 people working for me in the Safety Department. That number kept dwindling until a year later I was a one many department. I still had the same workload as before but I was putting in more hours and not getting anywhere. My performance suffered and I was ultimately terminated for unsatisfactory performance.
Pros
Recognition of employees
Cons
Too much work with very little help.
Learned new things, great people
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCJanuary 25, 2019
I loved the job. I knew every day where to start. I was able to form relationships with our drivers and dispatchers. Knowing the different ins and outs of the company also helped.
Pros
pay
Cons
commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight