Trinity Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible
Night Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLMay 31, 2018
The least supportive management I've had in a long time. Not willing to listen to staff suggestions. The management is willing to downsize staff simply because the union contract is running out and they are trying to strong-arm the union into agreeing to terms that are so horrible no one would agree to them. And I'm not even a part of the union!
Great working company
Secretary/ Phlebotomy Tech (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 3, 2018
Assist all types of patients, all ages from newborn to old age; with different diagnosis. Blood drawn, all day long, all type of testing.
Check blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, every 4 to 8hrs, depending on doctor orders. Blood drawn performed on a daily basis. Performed EKG, and some other testing as needed.
Schedule Coordinator: Responsible for creating new patient demographic and files, registering new patients, making copy of health insurance cards, driver license, calling insurance companies, to verify benefits, collecting co-payments or collecting deductibles as required by insurance companies.
Obtaining pre-certs or obtaining referrals as required by insurance policy.
Creating Super Bills, Keep records and credit balances of payments. Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes.
Pros
I loved working for this hospital nice environment.
Cons
Keep you busy 24/7
great benefits
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMay 3, 2018
Benefits are excellent, management is shady and sneaky but great place to work overall. I would go back if I could, nutrition services was my department
Patient Care Coordinator
Patient Care (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 9, 2018
My job is customer service; I clock in answer the phones and doors and direct everyone to the assign designation. I have learned how to work bed board and print different assessments. I am not sure about management everyone is new. The workplace culture is pleasant. The hardest part of my job is to keep the patient calm. The most enjoyable part of my job is making the clients happy and safe.
Good and safe workplace
Linen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMarch 5, 2018
Work hours were good. Work place was good and safe. Co workers easy to get along with. Sometimes was rushed to get carts from one area to another. New company took over dept. and was hired with them at the same place.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Timing for job duty
A great small town Hospital
Health Unit Coordinator - Medical Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Working there was more like a family, we all helped each other in times of need. The Doctors were professional and took an interest in each employee. My associates were the best!
Pros
great working enviroment
Cons
nothing
I am just looking for change
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 3, 2018
I love my job but needed a change of pace I worked in the
front office. 40 united bed floor very busy
12 hours shift just looking for something 40hr work week
8 hours a day
Pros
great place
Cons
needed better hour
Staff and management made it difficult to work there
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 9, 2017
I work there on a substitute basis, staff and management were not so friendly, job was stressful, no training provided just threw you in there to start work, long hours, not a good place to work
Pros
Cons
Unfriendly staff and management, no job training
Team Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Trinity, FLNovember 30, 2017
Trinity is in the community that I live, and it was the first place I wanted to work when I decided to go to nursing school.
The team work aspect and common goals of the staff is a plus.

My manager is in the top 3 of all the managers I have ever work for. She is responsive to the needs of the nurses, and promotes education and upward mobility.

The hardest part is being understaffed, I feel I am not as effective as I could be.

The most enjoyable is meeting my patients needs, exceeding expectations and a simple thank you from my patients.
Pros
Very short commute, growing to meet the community
Cons
Undeserved negative surveys about our ER.
Not a good company
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLNovember 17, 2017
This company has extremely poor management team and not to mention the manager is never their go handle situations that arise . Nothing is ever her fault.
This hospital no longer exists
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 16, 2017
This hospital shut down years ago among much controversy and uncertainties. I really don't know about the new facility, Grandview Medical Center. Every one i knew before either resigned, retired or was let go for what ever reason
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Atrocious habitual call offs by co workers
Great Experiences
LVN Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXNovember 14, 2017
Many opportunities to use skills learned and advance future learning in acute care setting. Had many patient from acute to critical levels with different circumstances.
great place
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXOctober 4, 2017
Enjoyed my time here. People are friendly and everyone knows each other, feels like family.

Most everyone gets along

I do not know anything about the management right now

I learned that when your co-workers feel like family it is easy to work
Pros
small facility
Cons
low pay
Quiet greatness
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 28, 2017
This medical system and their locations are not as heavily pushed like Genesis is in the area. They match pay and even have their own school attached to it with tuition discount benefits. The hours and management of staff is better than that of Genesis by far.
Great Company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 27, 2017
A Day at Work

verifying patients insurance for appointments, scheduling appointments for patients, registering patients, answering the phone, discharging patients, scanning insurance’s, id’s, patients visit’s, filing charts, collecting copays, co-ins and deductibles,
Pros
working with patients and my Co Workers
Cons
not enough time in the day
very stressful
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 19, 2017
supervisors are not mindful of anything except for reaching their quotas, the pay rates are poor considering the extra work and hours requested/required
pleasant
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Trinity was more like a family. Everyone got along for the most part, we knew everyone in the hospital! Manager was firm but cared for the employees. I had many friends when I worked here. The hardest part of the job was taking call. The yearly Christmas party and Hospital party were enjoyable.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
not very busy
Patient servant
Nutrition Aide III (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILAugust 12, 2017
A very fast paced job, nurses I worked with are amazing and are helpful. Unfortunately the management is lacking, when things need to be addressed or fixed, nothing gets done. Too many budget cuts in the wrong areas and employees have to pick up the slack.
Great facility
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Trinity, FLAugust 11, 2017
Read prior post. I think trinity was a great facility . would recommend this facility to friends and family. i never had any complications with staff or with upper management. i knew my role and knew what was expected of me.
Pros
great facility
Cons
benifits
Flexible, enjoyable co-workers
RT (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 26, 2017
Shifts vary based on position. Those in management/admin have a typical Mon-Fri 9 to 5 schedule. Other staff typically have 3 shifts with a mix of 8 and 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week.
Management/admin changes frequently. Limited opportunity for advancement or incentives outside of RN and PT positions.
Enjoyable team members that make workday easier. Rewarding to be helping others on a daily basis. Paid time off.