Trinity Solar Employee Reviews

Get to the job site and get the roof ready for panels
Panel Installer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MD 21076April 22, 2019
We would get to work, a normal time would be around 7:00 am then load up our vans with the material for the job. We would drive to the job site then talk to the customers let them know that we're getting ready to work oh there house. We rack out the roof get it panel ready and usually we come back the next day to finish the job. Lay the panels and make sure all the panles read.
Management in the call center wasn't always helpful.
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJ 07719April 16, 2019
It was all about numbers even if you have paid time available you were expected to work a certain amount of hours per month. The department director has favorites which made the job unpleasant at times. The hours are set in stone and change as the seasons do working until 7 PM except in the summer when hours are until 9 PM Saturdays are a must work day no less then twice per month.
Pros
If you become a call center favorite and don't mind working late you're good.
Cons
Management, favoritism, and high expectations in a saturated market
Honest
Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYApril 6, 2019
Trinity Solar is not a bad place to work... IF you have no other options.

The culture is extremely cult like and I wont dig deeper into the details of the meetings but if you're a strong person mentally this is not the job for you. You are bombarded constantly with 1 hour + long self help motivational speeches that try to make you feel special
and they try to make the job glorified because majority of the country income is less than 40k(big woop)

There is literally only 5% of the job that you can control and that is how well you can pitch and how many doors you knock on. Their action plan is basically if you have 100 doors slammed in your face/people that told you no you'll eventually get one YES(such great business plans). You're making $200 and they're making 40k for a contract, so keep on pushing!

So to follow up with that the other 95% of the job is completely out of your hands i.e your call center is calling your appointments so many times they're annoyed and cancel. So no matter how hard you work, you're more than likely going to lose 75%(literally) of your appointments after you set them.

So when you do the math for that, their fantasy land of commission is rare and the top 1% of the company are the only ones making any real money and it's honestly mostly luck by finding people genuinely already interested in solar.

You're realistically looking at about $450 in salary per week(not including if you pay for healthcare) after taxes and maybe an extra $1000 of commission a month on average.

Long story short this isn't a bad gig if your only other choice
  more... is being a cashier. The management team does genuinely care about you as a person and they do everything they can, but honestly if you're a good sales person and want to be in sales just go sell cars and make a lot more money instead of stressing yourself knocking on doors and being promised the world.  less
Pros
Relaxed environment, they care about you as a person
Cons
Cult like
Terrible Place to Work!! Dont believe the B.S
Electrician/crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAMarch 30, 2019
Your Expected to produce and when you do and continually prove it you get nothing for it! Everytime you advance be prepared for your raise to be held back way to long. Management is a nightmare they have 0 clue how to run a business all smoke an mirrors, tons of convolution keep your head on a swivel because some one is always trying to back stab you! Worked there a year and a half was the lead of the highest producing crew and got terminated for going to HR over a manager and my issues with the individual.
Pros
An eye opener to how much better other places are
Cons
The company
Temporary and Stressful
Outreach - Sales (Former Employee) –  chesire, CTMarch 3, 2019
Daily redundant unwanted meetings where you clap your hands and bang the table to "encourage" cult like environment. Long Hours in every kind of weather knocking door to door. The hardest part of job is the "meetings". You will learn to become a "pleasantly pushy salesman". The areas assigned will be recycled over and over and over again and you are not to complain about area.
Pros
money
Cons
cult like
March 28, 2019

We’re sorry you did not enjoy your work experience. Our Executives and Senior Management are constantly working to evaluate and make improvements. We would appreciate more information should you choose to share it at employee.experience@trinity-solar.com.

Great place
Solar Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Great place, management needs work but they are very nice and always supportive. decent salary even if you dont hit commission. Down side being it is a "sales" job even if they dont brand it as one so if you dont hit your monthly quota of 8 on the second month youll probably be let go.
Pros
great environment, salary, good commission scale
Cons
commission/quota goals for an over saturated market
February 22, 2019

Thank you for sharing your positive work experience with us and we are glad you felt supported in your role. Please feel free to share further feedback at employee.experience@trinity-solar.com.

Run!! Dont even interview
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJJanuary 18, 2019
There is a reason for all the lawsuits against this company. They will lie about requirements for you in order to do your job. Require you to travel to Connecticut for training and wont reimburse you for travel expenses. Expect you to work walking door to door in a blizzard, and expect everyone to spend a full day working outside. Management is very unethical claiming a mantra of God, People, Money. They are obsessed with money, care very little for people, and show no sign of caring about God. Cursing constantly in meetings for no reason isn't having a God centered business.
Pros
None. Go to any other company.
Cons
No brakes, expected to memorize scripts over night, cursed at by boss and customers constantly.
February 22, 2019

We are sorry you did not enjoy your work experience. Our Executives and Senior Management are constantly working to evaluate and make improvements. We would appreciate more information should you choose to share it at employee.experience@trinity-solar.com.

Great opportunity
Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Great opportunity to gain sales knowledge and experience. Typical week Tuesday-Saturday
9am - 10am Meeting (Changes to 11am-12pm in spring and summer)
1pm-7pm (Changes to 2pm-9pm in spring and summer) Knocking doors

You are paid a base salary of $600 a week. Your monthly minimum to keep your job is 8 Demos. Pay scale works like this...

9-15 demos = $200 each demo
16-20 demos = $250 each demo
21-26 demos = $300 each demo
27+ demos = $325 each demo

Some top producers have done over 80+ demos in a month or $28,400 / month.
Pros
Pay scale, Benefits, Be your own boss, Learning experience
Cons
Deadlines, Mental barriers, Dealing with rude homeowners
February 22, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are very glad to hear you love your job at Trinity Solar. We wish you great success and longevity with the company and invite your feedback at employee.experience@trinity-solar.com.

Groundhog Day at Glengarry Glen Ross
Outreach Representative ( door to door canvasser) (Former Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 11, 2019
Day starts by attending mandatory daily meetings in many cases far from your assigned territory. Pointless, redundant, insulting are some words to describe this tragic waste of time.

Trinity showcases employees who-commute over 2 hours each way for meetings (mileage and travel time not reimbursed)

Burning excessive fossil fuel seems to be no problem for Trinity,Millions of miles could be saved by video conferencing!

Solar canvassing is a 20 hour a week job at most in perfect weather. Trinity wants you for 12 hours a day-will pay you for 8.
You will be required to knock doors in dangerous extreme weather, up to four hours past sunset then drive home.

Your every move will be tracked by GPS.

Several dozen recruits were cycled through our office. All pumped up with promises of 130k a year.
1 in 10 make the cut-nobody made the 130K.

It’s hard to believe that the primary qualification to be a manager is that you were good at knocking doors.
Pros
Great co-workers and really nice homeowners
Cons
Mismanaged door time, Untrained management and nasty homeowners
February 22, 2019

We’re sorry you were disappointed with your work experience. Your feedback can make a difference, so we invite you to share more specific information at employee.experience@trinity-solar.com.

Fun place to work but not without challenges.
Solar Sales (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJanuary 11, 2019
The culture is fun, positive, and encouraging, and they motivate associates with decent incentives. However, training is restrictive, there's a lack of consistency, and leaders are often uninformed about procedures and policy. If you want to advance, you'll need strong mental stamina because it's a market that's subject to strong debates and objections from skeptics. It also helps if you know the right people and "bend" some rules.
Pros
Incentives, culture, the mission
Cons
Disorganization, advancement, morale
February 22, 2019

We’re glad to hear about your positive work experiences at Trinity Solar. We are a rapidly growing company that encounters occasional growing pains, but we are always striving to improve. Thank you for your feedback and feel free to provide more detail at employee.experience@trinity-solar.com.

Worst solar company ever
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTJanuary 11, 2019
This place is so unprofessional it makes me sick. Some crews cant even speak proper English. Bunch of hood rats as supervisors that are so dumb they dont even know crews smelling like marijuana and smoking it on the way to the job in the work truck. Or pull off to the side of the road. Its such an embarrassment to even work here. I wont be here for long thats for sure. I hope people understand to not fall for it like i did and apply here. I need the money for now but Its not what they say it is. Laborers are treated like mules and with zero leadership. Working in dangerous environments as well. God bless to any soul who is desperate for a job. Theyll hire you...
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Terrible management, supervisors. Commication. Micromanaging, Slave labor.
February 13, 2019

It is disconcerting to hear that you are having such a poor work experience. We employee over 1,500 employees over our many northeast locations and strive to be a company of integrity. These allegations are very serious, and we would like to learn the details so it can be investigated and addressed. I encourage you to share your experience with us at opsemployee.experience@trintiy-solar.com. It is our hope that you will help us improve your work experience.

Decent company
Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJDecember 24, 2018
Trinity dollar is a great company if your a customer. As an employee for outreach sales not so much. As an outreach rep my job entailed me going for to door trying to sell solar panels that were free due to government incentives. The job was 100% commission and benefits were lousy.
Awful Uppermanagement, No compensation, No competitive pay, Trinity Circus
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTDecember 22, 2018
This place had potential to be great to work for. CT branch grew way to fast for its own good. The hiring manager has no clue what he is doing and takes anybody with a pulse. Causing more headaches with inexperienced employees. Incompetent supervisors that are all friends and or family that don’t listen to simple tasks or follow throughs. Pointless positions “field trainer” were created by the old useless GM and trainers milks the clock. Upper management is horrific and useless. Place is cut throat and doesnt treat you with any respect. Trinity takes advantage of dumping other job tasks that are not your responsibility. On top of that not being compensated for doing the extra work. They dont want to hire another person because it saves them money. I did more vehicle bs then safety. It not worth the money or stress. Only benefit is the Safety Director. He is the only reason i lasted that long working at Trinity. I recieved a better opportunity by another employer and i gave Trinity my two weeks. The next day they let me go. That shows you even a loyal employee doesnt matter to them. For any future employees, I advise to not give your two weeks and just quit on the spot. If you have a 4 year degree and experience. Dont waste your time with this place and stay away. You are better off.
Pros
Managed my own time to get priorities done. Awesome Safety Director
Cons
Terrible upper management, Incompetent supervisors, loyal employees are treated with no respect, low pay, assigned tasks not being your responsibility, Micromanaging, Skimpy raises
January 4, 2019

I’m sorry you were dissatisfied with your work experience at Trinity Solar. We are indeed a rapidly growing company that encounters occasional growing pains. Trinity Solar is active in seven Northeastern states and has grown from an approximate 300 employees in 2012 to over 1500 employees at present. We are the largest privately owned solar company in the nation and are highly respected in the industry with an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau. Although many of our employees are relatively new to the company due to our continual growth, we are also home to many long time, loyal employees. We wish you success in your future endeavors and hope that you will look back on your time with Trinity differently in the future.

Certainly Not What It Used To Be
Desk Jockey and Outside Installer (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJDecember 20, 2018
I used to work at the main corporate building in Wall NJ and still know someone who works there, but is an installer out in the field. Here are honest opinions for both positions -

Overall relative happiness (if you work inside) is rated dependent on what department you work in. Some departments are treated with "special treatment" like paid lunches and incentives, while in other departments you are scrunched together like cattle to work on top of one another. (I worked in one of the "privileged" dept. so I'm not just on here being bitter.)
However, any department you work in on the inside you'll be placed under very poor, inexperienced leadership and management. The leadership is constantly changing, but rarely from being a promotion from within. You'll always find yourself working for someone new, or answering to a different person every few months - but it's always the same hierarchy of the "originals" when the company had it's modest beginnings.
The quick expansion of this company makes for a frustrating workload, where things are constantly changing (all experimental, not always for the better), and increasingly disorganized. Working with employees from various states also poses a great challenge, where it seems they were offered very minimal training, to probably no fault of their own.
"Mom and pop" company no longer applies to Trinity as it once had, even just a few years ago. This is evident ESPECIALLY for the hardworking men (and women) outside who go through rigor to install these systems.
If you intend to work as an installer, prepare to be treated like
  more... a slave laborer. Yes, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but really - just don't do it. Regardless of family, or expectations to maintain a life outside of work, be prepared to work from sun up to sundown (and usually even later) - with little to NO recognition from the owners or managers on the inside. The pay is average at best, but the overall morale for the installers and "crew leaders" is BEYOND LOW. - That is not just an opinion from my friend, it is the morale of pretty much every worker out there.
The installation leaders are given orders from management that are impossible to complete, and the workers all suffer because of it. Deadlines are put in place by people who have no idea what it's actually like out in the field and expect them to be completed. SAFETY IS NOT IMPORTANT TO THIS COMPANY
You will install solar in the rain, wind, snow, and ice. Because obviously people NEED THEIR SOLAR. Try again, the company actually just NEEDS THEIR MONEY! My friend has to go into work even in blizzard conditions, drive on roads to the jobs, just to hear a logical homeowners say "its too dangerous I dont want you on my roof". I think someone once called OSHA on the company because of this.
The motto at trinity is "God, People, Money (or GPM)" But really should be "MMM".

If you want to work for this company - be a salesman. Be a good one. You will get all sorts of intensives like completely paid all inclusive vacations (you read that correctly) and bonuses. You'll get to drive a Maserati and go to meetings where you and your fellow salesman shout chants and pat each other on the back (this is really a thing).
Or you can work on the inside as a desk jockey and pray someone brings donuts in to brighten your week.
But whatever you do, don't work as an installer.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, benefits
Cons
Everything else
Overall good job culture, but how is door-knocking still a thing?
Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutDecember 11, 2018
I really wanted to make this job work for me. It seemed like a job too good to be true. I was paid a salary, on my own schedule, didn't have anyone breathing down my back, and had the opportunity for commission. However, I felt like every office was competing with each other and there were high expectations for me and my coworkers, even the ones who had just started. It was really hard not to compare your numbers to other people and feel like a failure. There is a lot of motivation from managers and team leads, but if you don't hit a certain about of demos, you get extensive training or get terminated. Also, the morning meetings were honestly so pointless and all we would do was "pitch practice" and compare our numbers to other offices within the company. I would, also, have to drive an hour just for the hour meetings and then drive back an hour to my territory. Didn't seem worth it to me.
This job was very bittersweet because on one hand, I got to work independently and made commission (most of them were from family & friends, however), but then on the other hand, there's so much competition and comparison that I actually had an anxiety attack (never had one before.) To be honest, I was only in this job for 2 months and had already felt burnt out! So, you can make your own decision about it and I would recommend this job to someone who has a lot of self-discipline, able to handle rejection really well, and is able to work in the winter months...kudos to you.

I will say...I learned a lot about myself in this position and will carry it into other jobs, as well. I learned
  more... a lot about adversity and the fact that sales is really all about being personal and building rapport. Moving on to bigger and better things though. Thanks Trinity!  less
Pros
On your own schedule, salary plus commission (if you ever make any), lots of cool incentives
Cons
Lots of competition, walking for 6 hours in the cold and dark, lots of rejection
Worst solar company in maryland to work for
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 5, 2018
Lowest paying solar company in Maryland. Say they care about their guys and give everyone equal chances but yet dont abide by that. I was fired for going to replace something of mine that somebody else ruined and for following the van to jobsites (which you are suppose to be allowed to drive personal vehicles to sites). Worst management I have ever worked for. Guys are unsafe on roofs with no harnesses and ropes. Drug addicts on every crew. Crew leaders that don't know what they are doing. They don't appreciate the hard work you put in. They only see the little things you do wrong. Snakes in the grass. Crew leads will smile in your face but get you fired over the dumbest things. DO NOT WORK FOR TRINITY SOLAR EVER! YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU DID! TRUST ME! I KNOW PERSONALLY!!!
Pros
Absolutely NOTHING
Cons
Poor Pay, Poor Management, Unfair Practices, Unsafe work environments
Lead-generation isn’t a bad gig if you are young. Highly exaggerated earning potential if you “advance” into a sales role.
Outreach/Direct sales (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYNovember 21, 2018
If you are a young person (18-24) the outreach position isn’t a bad introduction into a sales career. It is door-to-door lead generation where you are clocked in on your phone and your location is tracked. There are people in this position making very good money (not on Long Island but in different markets). Most of the top performers on Long Island have been fired due to doing shady business out in the field. Management will usually let these shady people continue doing this type of thing because they boast in the meetings about how much so and so is making to try and motivate the rest of the team. This company will tell you how they are about “God, People, Money” and don’t put money ahead of people. Meanwhile they do things all the time that would make anyone doubt that. They literally incentivize their in home sales people to sell the customer at a high price. If that doesn’t sound like putting money before their customers then I’m not sure what is. If you are going to “advance” from outreach into direct sales they will tell tall tales about how you can make $250k. No one on Long Island is making anything close to that. It is purely commission position with no leads provides and there are people in the office who have literally not made any money at all in the past 3 months. They will brainwash you to make you think Trinity is the best solar company with the best pay and prices for customers. This is absolutely not true. If you want to work here and are young, work in outreach generating leads. You can make $600-$1000 a week if you work hard. If you want to do sales make  more... sure you are going to be an in-home sales person where they provide you with appointments. Those are the only people making any money on Long Island. The in-home sales position is still filled with plenty of terrible appointments and driving an hour and a half with your own car and gas to an empty house. They will hire people from outside the company and put them ahead of you (giving them more appointments than you) when the new employee has no solar experience or experience within the company at all. If you have sales experience at another solar company before coming here make sure that is known so you can negotiate what position you want to be in. If not they will just stick you in direct sales with no leads or base pay and will be surrounded by teammates making no money.  less
Pros
Lead-generation position isn’t that bad if you are young
Cons
If you “advance” into sales you will hear tall tales about people making $4000 a week, You will be in an office with people who have made 20k that entire year, Management and upper management is out of touch, Most upper management hasn’t sold in years and when they did it was for a different solar company
Great Comany To Work For
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MANovember 18, 2018
very high energy, definitely push to see everyone do their best, incentives are great and pay is great, stressful day by day work, door to door isn't for everyone
Pros
high energy, great culture
Cons
stressful
Cut-throat
Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYNovember 13, 2018
With all honesty, if you want your production to create your "boss's" paycheck, then you've found the perfect place. Money Hungry corporate f%$&'s with a grand pyramid scheme. If I could rate them less than one star I would in a heart beat.
Trinity Review
RSA Design Dpt. (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJNovember 6, 2018
⦁ Good Flexible / Steady Hours
⦁ Management however seems like a hit or miss for most people.
⦁ Nice Environment / Good Benefits.
⦁ From my experience it was a really relaxed business environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Solar. Our community is ready to answer.