Trinity Solar Employee Reviews

growing company trying to create great culture
District Traditional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2018
The days were full of stress as a manager. Process are to created and the company grew very quickly. I do believe that they did not acquire the correct leaders for growth.
Don't do it
Inspection (Former Employee) –  HanoverMarch 8, 2018
The only good thing that came out of this job was the friends that I made. The management sucks. There is no communication between anyone. No one really knows what going on inside or out.
Pros
Pay
Official response from Trinity Solar
March 29, 2018

Thank you for the response and I’m sorry your time at Trinity did not work out.

In any successful organization, appropriate communication is a critical success factor. Not every employee will know everything about the business. Nonetheless, we hold weekly meetings with the managers to discuss the status of the business and a monthly town hall where everyone is invited to review past company performance, upcoming business challenges and goals, and company events. In those meetings, all employees are encouraged to ask any questions and voice any concerns they have. We are generally quite transparent about the company and the direction we are headed. Management tracks business performance through a data-driven approach while monitoring employee relations through multiple channels including management reviews, customer reviews, and 3rd party stakeholder reviews.

We wish you the best in working in an environment more suitable to your needs.

Over worked, Underpaid
Account Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJFebruary 26, 2018
Company is mismanaged. They hire anyone. They hire uneducated highschoolers and try to boost their sales. Very greedy company. They do not want to pay. They are a cultlike institution that do not want you to take breaks or lunch. Would not recommend working for them. They allow men to be inappropriate with women and only suspend them, then give the man his job back with a demotion. They do not like honestly.
Nothing positive to say.
Pros
The buy lunch, big whoop!
Cons
poorly managed
Excellent company
Direct Sales/Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJFebruary 23, 2018
Trinity Solar is an excellent company. Management really wants the best for you. Takes a strong mindset for knocking doors. The culture is a place you can see yourself working for years.
Pros
Management is always there to help
Life of Outreach Representative
Outreach Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 14, 2018
I have to say Trinity was the first job were I was treated as family. When they say they are family based company, they are! A typical day is driving to the office(for me that means a long ways away) and going to the daily meeting. You will go over yesterday numbers, practice your pitch(you are expected to recite the pitch in front of peers), learn sales training, team building game, hear a motivational speech, and goals for the day. After the meeting you will need to wait for assigned area. You should be assigned area after 3 days to a week. (You need to feel like you spoke to as many homeowners as you possibly could and one way to keep track is the sales apps Trinity provides and/or tally counter). So after you get assigned territory you may go eat lunch with colleagues or go straight into territory. While out in territory you're obligated to get out and create as many conversations you can to generate as many leads as you can. This is where lots of us get stuck. You need to have a strong mindset. We are met with lots of objections and rejections day after day. You don't make money unless you generate leads that turn to opportunities for sales consultants. Sometimes you don't have control over the lead not turning to an opportunity. Sometimes this job is very rewarding but other times it can be very hard. I enjoyed my managers and colleagues. They made this fun but I learned sales wasn't for me and that is okay. Its also hard because we are made to believe if you do everything right you will move up in the company. I watched many people go above and beyond there duties and  more... never promoted to manager roles when they deserved it but was still considered a leader. So there is a lot of pros and cons to "door to door" knocking. Do you have what it takes?  less
Pros
Family based company, Self Development, Accountability, Management and Higher ups at Corporate are there when you need them
Cons
Door to Door knocking, 6 days a week, 12-14 hours away from home, Commission Pay with no compensation for hours worked
You get what you give.
Outreach Marketing (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 8, 2018
I cannot speak ill of Trinity. The essence of compensation is commission. You will not eat if you so not work. Also, they made it a mission to self evaluate to improve performance.
Amazing job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJFebruary 6, 2018
Was an amazing job with amazing people. The job is just answering phone calls and imputing information. very relaxed and just a great work environment!
Excellent plase to work and grow
Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTFebruary 6, 2018
Trinity offers an amazing opportunity for those who are hungry enough to put in the necessary work to grow. Solar is a hard business but Trinity is run by smart leaders who can forecast the future of solar and continue to give their employees a leg up on competition.
Productive great group of guys
Solar Panel Installer (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTFebruary 2, 2018
My experience working at trinity solar was great from the hardworking people getting it done in the office to the hardworking guys in the field absolutely would recommend working for this company
Pros
Paid ride to job site
Cons
Weather conditions
Trinity
Lead Generator (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 26, 2018
Overall good company, it’s a new experience I’d recommended everyone try it out at least once. I’d let them know That you never know your true potential until you knock doors
Fast Paced environment
INSPECTION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJJanuary 21, 2018
There was always a lot of work for me to do in my position. I thoroughly enjoyed working for the company as a whole. There is always someone to go to for help and questions.
Do You Have Drive.
Solar Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 21, 2018
Trinity is a great place to work if you have the drive and they will to go out and talk to people and not give up. But most people that are successful in this career are usually away from home a lot.
Pros
High Commisions
Cons
Door to Door Sales
Overpromise and underdeliver
Solar Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYJanuary 15, 2018
As a sales person, you can only make the desired commission by overcharging your customer than the industry average. Yes the company is profitable but I don't believe it should be built on this type of sale technique. Meanwhile, the communications among teams are poorly executed so each project takes longer to complete and is more likely to experience issues. Running sales leads by the company will subject you to driving around in your own car while only getting 1/3 of success (no shows, cancellations).
Pros
Flexible work schedule and great for "true" salespeople
Cons
Project execution, software inefficiency, lack of communications
fun work place
Outreach Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MADecember 23, 2017
good compensation. downfall is that its only commission. hard work. managers are there to assist you in anyway. sales isn't for everyone but if it is for you then working with this company is a good choice.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTDecember 8, 2017
Decent work environment but some managers are concerned with fire employees in picking up their back commission. It’s a good environment to grow in the right position . All participants must be time oriented and understand that the schedule is extremely important
The Right Solar
Sales and Customer Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJNovember 26, 2017
Trinity is a great place to work. It is the worlds largest privately owned solar company. They offer plenty of room for advancement. The only thing is, you have to have drive to work in sales for this company, and be able to self motivate. If you have that, the sky is the limit with this company.
Working for Trinity.
PROJECT CONCIERGE 2ND CHAIR (Current Employee) –  Wall Township, NJNovember 26, 2017
Very friendly environment from the staff to the Upper management all are welcoming and willing to help in anyway possible. The training is constant and evolving so no one is left behind or left out of the processes that take place in the company.
Pros
Great Staff, Managment and everyone is accessable
Cons
N/a
Great Company to work for. Probably one of the best.
Management (Current Employee) –  Upstate NYNovember 19, 2017
Great Company to work for. Probably one of the best. Just make sure you are in a profitable market. If you're in a profitable market, the sky is the limit on income and opportunity. Don't even consider going to market where there are low utility rates.
Pros
Amazing opportunity
Cons
None really.
DC Installer (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MANovember 9, 2017
Good Company Management/Warehouse is lacking a little. The amount of hours that you get is really good. Never have to worry about getting less than 40 hours. Job security is good
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad management
Best Memories
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 18, 2017
Most money I've ever made in my life.
High pressure as a manager relaxed life as a representative.
Great success stories.
Executive directors are amazing people.
Competing managers are a bit snakey.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Snake in the grass management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trinity Solar. Our community is ready to answer.