TripAdvisor Employee Reviews

Has all the bells and whistles free to employees, Gym, Pub, Free Food
Sales Performance Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Needham, MANovember 24, 2018
I would never work for TripAdvisor again. They provide lot's of perks, but they change their mission/business model daily. However, you are a recent college graduate, it's a great place to learn to sell in a fun, open environment. Note: They will let you go within a week or two if you don't fit in. I've never seen anything like it.
Pros
Free Lunch, Gym, Pub, Snacks 24/7, Games, bring your dog to work
Cons
All over the place, leadership can't make up their mind, and all changes are made last minute with little to no communication.
TripAdvisor is an amazing place to work. I would highly recommend working there.
Content Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAOctober 25, 2018
I am grateful for my time at TripAdvisor as a Content Marketing Intern where I worked on a diverse, yet dynamic team that helped each other grow and learn on a daily basis.
Pros
Free lunches, dogs, corporate sponsored events, fitness activities, massages & more
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Overall a great place to intern
Product Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 24, 2018
I did my internship at TripAdvisor in product management and it was a great place to see how big tech does product. Overall, in comparison to other places i have worked, TripAdvisor excels at communication across teams, providing autonomy to individuals to contribute, and values good work/life balance. TripAdvisor was probably the most laid back place I have ever worked, but we still got our projects done with incredible attention to detail.
Pros
Great Management, good work life balance, shuttle to office from Boston, catered lunch, gym, great office
Business Development Manager, LATAM (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2018
Innovative, passionate, fearless, creative, driven, and adaptable. Our core values are at the heart of who we are. We have a spontaneous and vibrant culture, and we truly believe in team spirit and collaboration.
Great, smart people to work with
Product Manager, Advertising Solutions (Current Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 12, 2018
- Everyday can be different
- Collaboration is there if you want it
- Motto is speed wins but reality is projects take a very long time to finish
- Engineering runs the show
Pros
Exciting projects, free lunch
Cons
they promote people to manage teams that have no experience managing
Great company with management that cares
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 6, 2018
I loved working at TripAdvisor. The opportunities are there for the taking if you show up, work hard, and show interest in growth. My managers were constantly there to make sure my questions were answered and to ask me where I wanted to go with my career. The only con were that the position was paid lower than others in the area (I think they tried to compensate this with benefits but I would have preferred 5k more in my paycheck over company events to be honest).
Pros
great benefits, collaborative work environment, room for growth
Cons
Sometimes too laid back, salary was too low for the role
Great Place to Work
Brand Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 9, 2018
TripAdvisor’s Internship Program was extraordinary. The recruiting staff did such a great job with getting the 200 interns familiar with their new work environment. There were events such as: scavenger hunts in Boston, ice breakers, bubble soccer, and mystery games. I was placed with the brand design team on the 6th floor. My manager made my experience there so comfortable and helped me to challenge myself each day without feeling overwhelmed. The other members of the team were delightful to work with as well. They would always help me if I had any questions and steer me in the right direction with projects I was working on. In the one summer I was there, I felt like I gained four years worth of knowledge. My experience was truly remarkable.
Pros
Free lunch, gym, good working culture
Fun place to work
Ad Operations Intern/ Trafficking Temp (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAFebruary 13, 2018
TA has a great employee culture there are excellent perks (free helathcare, kegs, etc.) and frequent fun events. Unfortunately, the laid back environment can foster complacency.
Pros
Free lunches, beer, flexibility.
Cons
Limited opportunity for career advancement within the organization, complacency among a number of employees.
Not a great place to work.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 25, 2018
One word- disaster. The Latin American sector of this company needs a huge change! Management is absolutely appalling. Can not stress enough how much was given by many and nothing was gained.
Pros
Free Lunches 2 days a week, work from home here and there.
Cons
unprofessional, mistreating, condescending, unfair
Amazing Internship
B2B Email Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 22, 2018
There are few if any other companies around the world who will do as much for their employees and interns to make their work life a pleasure. I cannot put into words how great they are.

Want to know more about TripAdvisor?

Ask a question
Great Benefits, Work Culture Declined Over Time
(Customer Service) Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2018
At first, the job was great, and fun with a great work atmosphere. We had perks such as compensated tours and shows on the strip in Las Vegas. Over time, they cracked down on all of that and the morale went way down. Handle times and goals took over everything and the happiness of workers went to the side.
Pros
Great Benefits, a lot of vacation and sick time.
Cons
Morale is low
culture is changing
Manager, Product Management (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 13, 2017
used to be more positive - toxic in some groups due to new leadership

great company - industry leader

fair culture, benefits are fantastic

recent business strategy doesn't seem to be working

growth has slowed, less opportunity for career advancement
Pros
awesome benefits, free food
Cons
experience not always valued
Excellent Company
Sales Planning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 13, 2017
Everyone I worked with was great except for one sales manager that has been there for years, and is very rude to people working under her. I would recommend the company to everyone.
Great atmosphere
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAOctober 11, 2017
Learnt so much in my internship at TripAdvisor, was given great exposure to negotiations and real world meetings and shadowing the Head of Procurement in his day to day operations gave me great understanding of how a big company works.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun WorkPlace
Revenue Accountant - CPM Billing Lead (Current Employee) –  Needham, MASeptember 30, 2017
Great place to work for young professionals. There is a lot to learn since things are always changing. Hardest part of the job is meeting strict deadline.
Pros
Free Lunch, Health Insurance, compensation
Cons
Lack of Management
really diverse culture, work life balance, but lack of career advancement
Senior Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Needham, MASeptember 26, 2017
Love the coworkers, building, sales commission structure, and my manager. Lack of upward mobility, long hours, and a brutal commute are the downturns.
Pros
free lunch, great coworkers, amazing work space
Cons
lack of career progression, long hours
A great place to help others on their future adventures
TripAdvisor Senior Contributor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2017
A calm and relaxed environment to write reviews that always help people. TripAdvisor is always willing to help their contributors with any troubleshooting problems. Develops communication and bonding with travelers and hotels, shops, etc.
Pros
Work at your own, posting pictures
Cons
Contributors dont actually get paid.
Good Travel Company
Director of Global Payments (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2017
TAMG has grown to be a good travel company. Constantly moving forward in the travel space. You would benefit from great learning here as an engineer, someone wishing to grow experience in SEO.
Seemed like a great place to work.
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 8, 2017
I was a consultant but it seemed like a great place to work. Great culture and benefits. Very nice people that are also hard workers. And they have a great business model to grow.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Different divisions are siloed. Not a lot of cross pollination.
It was a great experience to work for them.
Workday HCM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAAugust 24, 2017
The work atmosphere was great and it was good to work for them.
Everyday, we came up with some minor and some major challenges.
The challenges were tough to figure out. We had a tough time figuring out the solutions to the challenges. But it was a fun challenge to figure out the solution to the challenges as we had the zest to work together and brainstorm to find the solution to the challenges.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TripAdvisor. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

89%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

93%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss