Tripp Lite Employee Reviews

Very Old school
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2017
If you are not one of the chosen few in the boys club - you will never get anywhere.

No advancement possibilities

Low pay and not bonus program

bad vacation policy
Pros
Cons
all
Ok place to work
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2017
Coworkers are generally nice. Open office environment is really outdated and lame. Little opportunity for advancement, management is sub-par. Mediocre pay and real sticklers for vacation. In engineering, they tend to overhire significantly, resulting in very sporadic workloads. Flex time is nice and overtime is discouraged. Most people work exactly 40 hours week.
They have nice company events and parties, and the shuttle service from train station is very good. Very generous with bonuses.
Family business
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2017
Friendly people. Not very processed oriented, lack of systems and measurement tools. Salary and benefits wee below avg. Lack of innovation. Nothing related to career management.
If you like pathetic China made products this is the company for you
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2017
Non union, China built products with Tripp Lite name slapped on them. Sell refurbished products as new. Best high end engineers left for competitors due to better pay, better products.
Pros
Beer friday
Cons
If you aren't in a clique you don't get jack
Fun and productive, full of work
Administrative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2017
An absolutely wonderful place to work. A typical day is not overwhelming and you have plenty to do. The management everywhere is wonderful to work for
Pros
Management, work load, benefits, pay
Cool HQ
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
HQ was really cool in a great city. HR specialist were really nice. The compensation was wacky. I didn't like that orders could be taken from your compensation with no good reason other than "oh, this is a house account"
Strong stepping stone company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2016
In retrospect, this is a very well run, albeit rigid company. Management can become stuck in ideals, but the overall vision is there and you'll have the support you need to achieve success within the system. Lots of nepotism, so advancement can be limited. It's a good stepping stone to a job in a bigger company
Pros
Good training, friendly coworkers
Cons
Rigid structure, not open to a lot of suggestions
Micromanagement
Support (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2016
Not a great place to grow your career. Perfect place for recent college grads.

Quality products, but management has no clue how to treat people with respect.
Pros
Medical benefits are solid
Cons
Everything else
Structured yet relaxed workplace
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2014
I worked at Tripp Lite for a month during my winter break from college. I typically worked 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. The days were spent completing several responsibilities but mostly consisted of entering information in the company's database. The information ranged anywhere from employee expenses that needed to be written off, to financial statements that needed to be entered. I also dealt with accounting records and updated the quarterly statements along with new regulations set by the company. There was one manager that I reported to who was the head of the accounting department. There was minimal interaction between co-workers due to the every employee having tasks to complete. The hardest part of the job was working without much training. Although I completed my work on time and received great feedback, I did not receive proper instructions or training on what was asked of me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relaxed atmosphere of the company. Everyone was very friendly whether you knew them or not. The attire was casual and I believe that allowed the workers to feel more relaxed and better complete their work.
Overall below average company
Director, North American Channel Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 28, 2014
Poor, rough culture with lower priced products that find a niche within the US market.
Pros
Low cost solution against bigger players
Cons
Lean pay and poor work-life balance
Very interesting place...
n/a (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
Strange place to work... very isolating by departments

Tripp Lite needs to do some "house cleaning" with management

Most enjoyable part of job, traveling for work..
Very odd company culture.
Channel Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2013
Tripp Lite pays well but you are put under a tremendous amount of pressure for the pay. My sales manager was bi-polar & acted as if she was in jr. High. She was completely unprofessional & if you didn't act as if you were her best friend then your work load was doubled.
The office is designed as a honey comb & if you leave your desk to go the bathroom everyone looks at you as if you just broke the law. Very strange layout! I worked there a year & I barely knew anyone from outside my dept & the people I did know was only because I met them on the shuttle.
Tripp Lite is located in a desolate area on the south side not many options if you take the train & forget your lunch.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad Management
fun enviroment
Order Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2012
good work life balance
fund environment
hard work earns respect
Small Company with good people
District Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2012
On a daily basis I was in contact with my sales reps. My work was based on projects they could provide me. I greatly enjoyed my co workers and management and Tripp Lite as a company did as much as they could to show appreciation for their employees.
Great Atmosphere
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2012
I was given extremely wide latitude to affect the operations of the company by very quickly becoming a trusted and reliable employee.
Worthwhile place to work with quality product.
District Sales and National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tripp Lite CorporateDecember 29, 2011
The company, when I worked there, kept up with sales materials, training, new product, customer service and overall well being. I found them easy to work for and sell. I would sell their product today as my memory of the company and product is that they are reliable and sell good quality product. There was very little supervision and sometimes not enough cooperation from other departments. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
consistency
Cons
not enough advertising money spent