Tristar Products Inc. Employee Reviews

Office clerk
Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 13, 2017
i worked with many different people in the infomercial world. Great experience and knowledge of numerous products helped me in sales. Also worked as a customer service agent.
N/a
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJOctober 11, 2017
The workplace in this company was very laxed and easy to work with. Management tem was very understanding to all their employees and understood time that needed to be off.
Company is not heading in a good direction...
Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJJanuary 25, 2017
It seems that many of the pros to working at Tristar Products are no longer.This place has changed.What once was a great company to work for is no longer. I have been here for quite some time and have seen the company ride the wave, but I don't see us coming back from this one.

The company is not doing well and there have been several layoffs. Anyway that they can cut costs, then do and usually it is at the expense of the employees-wages, bonuses, healthcare, holiday parties.The company is half the size.The moral is horrible.Negativity runs rampant.The owner and his wife do not know how to treat people and demean their employees left and right.They treat Freelance employees like disposable waste.It was not always like this.The mindset has changed.

Advice to Management
Value what good employees you have left.When you find good talent, reward them and nurture them to continue to grow.Listen when your employees have constructive criticism-afterall, you hired us for a reason.Let us do our jobs.
Pros
free products on occasion
Cons
benefits, career advancement, extremely unprofessional work environment
interesting place to work
Human Resources Generalist and Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing PAMarch 30, 2015
No day is the same, great work/life balance, challenging position, unique industry. Very suportive co workers, a real team when it comes to completing projects. Great employer with good compensation package.
Pros
great with work/life balance
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive and great co-workers
National Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJJune 13, 2014
Working at Tristar Products, is like working with a family. Everyone knows and cares about each other. The working environment is very positive. A typical day at work would consist of working with colleagues on projects, working on spread sheets in excel, and answering my emails. There were also unscheduled meetings that would pop up which I would attend.
Pros
The benifit package, dental, 401k plan
Cons
Reorganizing the company an my position was eliminated.
Great place for a student
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJApril 3, 2012
This is a good job for someone who is a student because they are willing to work around your schedule.