TRISTAR Risk Management Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to work
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 13, 2018
I have been with the company for 5 years and I must say that this is the most stressful job I have been on. My health has been gone down. The benefits are too expensive for me to afford. For all the work they give they should be paying a lot more. The management and supervisors are very unprofessional. They tell other people’s business and they have their favorites. HR is a joke. So if you have any issues it’s best to keep it to yourself.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Off with their head environment
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAAugust 22, 2018
They are very focused on closure, whether properly worked or not.
They took over files from a closed insurance company because their adjusters did not properly work their file and closed them too early.
But that environment has not changed! They just want the closures. The supervisor will get rid of you if she doesn't like you whether you are a good worker or not.
Hence, the title.
the office started in Santa Ana and then moved to Signal Hills.
Unknown why the management is allowing this unfair treatment to employees. However, the workers are very friendly.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
none- do not walk, run!
Pros/Cons
Claims Examiner II (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 25, 2018
A great company to jumpstart your career in Workers' Comp claims handling. With the necessary guidance and mentorship, you are able to advance quickly within the company.
Pros
fast upward movement
Cons
little training
Stressful
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 15, 2018
Very difficult/impossible to complete your work within the business day. Overtime was expected and required. Individual people were lovely to work with.
Pros
work from home
Cons
high stress, long days
Stressful
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJune 8, 2018
The office environment could be toxic at times. Watching co-workers dying suddenly from heart attacks and stage 4 cancer which was contributed by stress. Working on major project with my team was great when developing new workflows for our division and consistency in how documents are processed. Enjoyed working with my team even though the office politics was extremely stressful.
Pros
chance to learn from a grerat mentor
Cons
jobl/life balance
Family environment
File clerk (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAMay 7, 2018
I really enjoyed being a part of this amazing company and learning as much as I could about workers compensation. Branch manager was attentive and very easy going to work together and pull our team together.
Pros
Fast paced, never a dull moment!
Cons
Understaffed
Management all around was horrible.
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCApril 10, 2018
No communication, respect, or appreciation. The office environment was miserable on a daily basis due to management. I would never and have never recommended anyone to work for this company. I loved my job, but the amount of work that was expected was unbelievable.
Pros
Location and work hours
Cons
Poor management (just nasty people to work with)
Would Never Recommend
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 24, 2018
Tristar is a horribly managed company. They expect you to work well past your scheduled hours. The case load on one person is impossible to keep up with. If you have a chance to work for them, don't.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Horrible upper management.
I enjoyed working with the client. Management was not desirable.
Claims Adjuster III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Handled lost time claims for 4 employers throughout Texas. Paid weekly indemnity benefits and reviewed medical bills and reports. Filed disputes on various issues when appropriate. Attended hearing at the Division of Workers's Compensation as the need arose.
The workplace culture is friendly. I enjoyed working with the clients that were assigned to me and had a good relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the supervisor . She could make my life very stressful on any given day, just depended on her mood.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Supervisor was a bully / not professional
Supervisor Workers' Compensation Claims (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2018
Would rather pass on review since it as been several years since I worked for the company. With that being said, I will pass on commenting. Work there for five years
Pros
Interesting account
Cons
communte
Poor Management
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 9, 2018
There is NO structure, management is unprofessional. high case load , demanding clients, Tristar does not follow Labor Code when it comes to City Employees.
Not a good work environment.
Pros
They are always hiring.
Cons
High case load, bad management, no rules when it comes to city or county employees
Busy work day
Director, Client Services (Current Employee) –  work from homeFebruary 1, 2018
My job is fast track and my days go by very fast.
I work from home and have flexibility in my day to day work and schedule. I enjoy working with other staff to meet the needs of our clients.
Frustration
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2017
This company has the most astonishingly backward technological culture I have ever seen. The staff is all aging and have not had proper training on use of various tech systems since about 1995. There is a pervasive undercurrent of sexism. The IT department is incompetent.
Pros
ample vacation days
Cons
aging tech system, aging workforce, no innovation
Disorganized
Workers Compensation Senior Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 18, 2017
You have no autonomy whatsoever. I would not recommend to any person who wants to remain in workers compensation as a career. Authority levels are very low. Not a paperless environment.
Fast Paced
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 4, 2017
A typical day at work was stressful but rewarding, I managed 17 employees who handled claims, the environment was very fast paced but very unorganized. I learned time management, and how to manage conflict and employees. The management didn't offer any training to advance in the company. The hardest part of the job was no matter how well I performed there was no reward or upward mobility. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to help people during a very difficult time of their lives and provide money to individuals during their time of need.
Pros
Some employee incentives for example employee picnics
Cons
No 401K, Expensive health care, no upward advancement for my position
Excellent work environment
Claims Adjuster - Indemnity and Medical (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 27, 2017
Tristar was a great company to work for, good manager support and team environment. The only down fall was corporate lack of new client emphasis. Many clients were public entities which required they be bid every few years. With more support from corporate sales team, the Oregon branch has all it needs in management, experience and great adjusters, to succeed as a major competitor TPA and workers compensation provider.
Friendly, great benefits
Claims Examiner III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2017
It was a great company to work for. People are friendly and willing to help you. They provide training and resources to assist with the up keeping of your license.
Pros
Free coffee. Friendly
Owner does NOT value employees
Senior Claims Examiner III (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 28, 2017
High caseloads. Below market salaries. Lowest benefits package in area. Poor organization and support overall. Concord office family-style but local Management has no sway w/Corp. Performance not valued - Company loss of accounts and good adjusters are laid off per Co owner greed. Think long & hard if you have options before you accept job here. Dedicated accounts/clients do not equal any job security whatsoever...and worst thing is Company telling client adjuster decided to move on...liars.
Pros
Cons out weight any
Cons
Employees not valued and no growth opportunity
Management issues
Claims Adjuster III (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 21, 2017
Job culture is not employee friendly. Management has no consistency. Best Practices is not followed in handling claims. Work load is more than anyone can possibly handle.
Terrible
Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 4, 2017
The only good thing about this place was co workers. Management is ridiculous. Unless you are favored you might as well leave nothing you do will be acceptable no matter if it was acceptable previously. The salary is incredibly low the benefits next to nonexistent the caseloads are higher than anywhere else. The people they bring in have no knowledge and they provide no training. It's no wonder the place is a revolving door.
Pros
Not a one.
Cons
You name it. Even the plumbing in the building was bad.