Triton College Employee Reviews

was good learning establishment
Adjunct Culinary Instructor (Former Employee) –  northlake ILOctober 2, 2018
Culinary great training environment. staff is great to work together. students are in terrific next development.

Work was great freedom in developing menu and syllabiss.
Pros
great staff
Cons
student feel entitled at times.
small
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2018
just want to attend a small school to work on what i really want to do in life. triton has a lot of things to offer for students full time and or part time
Average company.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJuly 16, 2018
Triton College is one of the nation's premier two-year institutions of higher education dedicated to student success. Located 14 miles from downtown Chicago, the school offers outstanding educational value in a student-centered setting rich in academic and cultural resources, career-oriented learning opportunities, and engaging social activities.

Our culturally diverse community of students, faculty, and staff collaborates to promote integrity, open dialog, teamwork, and mutual respect, while striving for excellence in all that we do.

We believe diversity fosters success. Triton College is a dynamic organization with a diverse workforce which contribute greatly to our institutional success.
Great place to work, but pay is very low.
Hourly Employee (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJuly 14, 2018
I have worked at Triton College for many years. I can honestly say that this is a great place to work. The pay is minimum wage and you never get a raise, but the work is interesting and fun. You get to meet new people all the time, if you want to, you can always opt to do your lab work and not socialize if you don't want to. This is a good place to work as an hourly employee while you're pursuing your bachelors or masters degree on the side.
Pros
tuitions wavers per semester
Cons
no healthcare, no raises ever
Good paced environment to work in
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJuly 6, 2018
My job position was with the Maintenance Department. My job consisted of cleaning, changing ceiling tiles, changing light bulbs, and involvement in various projects throughout the campus.
Pros
No work on Holidays
Cons
Slow paced
Great place to work if you are full-time.
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJuly 3, 2018
If you can get a full-time position. Do it, there are fantastic people who work here. You need to keep a close eye on your CCTV monitors during class changes, but depending on your shift you can have a hectic day or, quiet and uneventful.
Pros
Good sense of job satisfaction helping others.
Cons
Low pay, No paid leave.
Office Politics
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJune 26, 2018
Too many cuts to budgets too many inflated salaries. Customers service blows and lack of communication between depts is astounding.

Decisions made without regard to how it would affect depts or what the needs are for those being affected by these decisions. This does not foster any type of collaboration and in the end staff, faculty, instructors and students suffer.
Pros
just my co-workers
Testing Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJune 8, 2018
Great place to work with great coworkers all around. Triton is very flexible with your schedule and they are willing to work with you to make sure you have the best work experience that you can.
Great workplace but low chance for career advancement
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILMay 31, 2018
Triton College is a great place for a short-term period work experience in any department, however, without connections, forget about advancing further. After working here for 9+ years, there's barely any raises or opportunities for full-time employment. Quite disappointing, since the staff is very nice, coworkers are friendly and the atmosphere is fantastic.
Pros
Set my own hours, come whenever possible, discounted courses
Cons
No opportunities for full-time, minimal pay raises, lack of communication with administration
Great environment to work in
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILMay 29, 2018
I enjoy working with the staff and at the college. The pay could be a little more. One thing that is a disadvantage is your not allowed to teach online unless you have a specific certificate to teach online not to mention that you have to pay to get it. Even if it's at a discounted rate that is a little absurd to me especially if you already have a degree and have the credentials to teach.
Pros
Relaxed and nice environment to work in
Cons
Not allowed to teach online without a MOT certificate
Decent place to grow as a leader
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  2000 5th Ave, River Grove, IL 60171March 25, 2018
Our director and sponsor gave us the tools and encouragement we needed to competently accomplish our tasks and adequately prepared us for our roles. I felt that I was challenged in a way that our sponsor felt I could handle and it pushed me to work harder.
comfortable
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILMarch 4, 2018
Nothing much really just a simple easy job that anyone can do with no problem, just follow instructions of your supervisor and manager you'll be able to keep this job.
Pros
unlimited breaks as long as they were timed 15 mins a part
Cons
not enough pay
The Best Hopitality College
Teaching Assistant - Culinary Arts Program (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILFebruary 3, 2018
It is great place to learn the cooking career and the management career. It's a place to meet peoples and work with your coworkers and learn from each other and teach your hospitality experience to others student. Very good school to learn and have the best hospitality management and culinary arts professors.
Excellent Educational Environment
Adjunct Criminal Justice Instructor (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 29, 2018
Triton is an excellent environment for adjunct instructors to work in. Instructors in the criminal justice department will readily assist each other with class information. The director of the program is experienced and attempts to provide all instructors with the necessary tools to be successful.
Pros
Excellent, experienced staff
Cons
great people to work with
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 29, 2018
The programmers I worked with were the nicest guys on the planet. I entered payroll for the college and keyed anything the programmers needed. The work was key to card back then.
Pros
great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 21, 2018
My role was Administrative. My experience was that the environment was very professional. I worked in a fast -paced, busy office but the work was effective and results oriented. .
Pretty Good Part-time Job
Part-time Reference Librarian (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 13, 2018
I would have stayed at Triton, but the pay was extremely low. For part-time employees at that time there were no benefits at all. But, given all that it was a nice place to work at. My fellow employees were for the most part a joy to work with and I always enjoyed the students.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
low pay and no benifits
Student Clerical (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Learned how to interact with students. Was able to build my communication skill via phone or face to face. My work team was always willing to give a hand when needed.
Low salary position
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 6, 2018
Triton Community College was a great opportunity as a starting Police Officer. They did not have good salary/compensation or much room for advancement.
Triton College ASC
Tutor and Professor's Aide (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 5, 2018
Haptic and enlightening, the academic success center was a place for students to congregate with staff tutors to enhance their academic career. Tutors would use a melange of real world models to apps to increase students' understanding of concepts.