Triton College Employee Reviews

Very political
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILMarch 21, 2019
No feedback on the job, no ownership of decisions being made. No opportunity for growth unless you are connected to the right people. It was very hard to trust people at work because you never know who is talking about you behind your back.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Low morale
work study
Welcome Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILFebruary 2, 2019
Good position for a student who needs some type of income while continuing their education. Dives, fast-paced environment helping students and staff provides improvement for social skills among different types of people. There is always something to do working for a school's welcome desk.
You deserve better!
Mail Automation Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILDecember 10, 2018
Worked at Triton for 20 yrs, seen alot of wonderful people come and go. And the people who havent openly hate their jobs.

Lack of accountability for managers makes this a bad place to be.

Rules and policies only apply to few.

People come and go as they please leaving you suck to hold the bag. If you enjoy doing someone else's job without being compensated than this is the place for you. Oh by the way that includes the Supervisors job.
Anytime a new employee gets hired the Supervisor takes that week off.

Overall, I learned how to survive on my own but was never really recognized for my dedication for years of service. Triton could be a good place and once was but over the years has become very drab and all about enrollment. Triton lost its way in what really made it a great institution which is its employees. The greatest recruiting tool are the people who work there.

This is a Union job but the union leaders are to friendly with management which hurts its members.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything else
Work experience
Secretary (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILOctober 23, 2018
A typical work day is 8am-5pm, full pace with faculty, staff, and students. I have learned how to multitask in a fast past environment. Work environment overall is great.
was good learning establishment
Adjunct Culinary Instructor (Former Employee) –  northlake ILOctober 2, 2018
Culinary great training environment. staff is great to work together. students are in terrific next development.

Work was great freedom in developing menu and syllabiss.
Pros
great staff
Cons
student feel entitled at times.
Education Career
Part-Time Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILSeptember 19, 2018
This is a nice place to start a career in education. I never knew I would love teaching. It helps me grow as an individual and also inspires me to learn more.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Small working hours
small
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2018
just want to attend a small school to work on what i really want to do in life. triton has a lot of things to offer for students full time and or part time
Average company.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJuly 16, 2018
Triton College is one of the nation's premier two-year institutions of higher education dedicated to student success. Located 14 miles from downtown Chicago, the school offers outstanding educational value in a student-centered setting rich in academic and cultural resources, career-oriented learning opportunities, and engaging social activities.

Our culturally diverse community of students, faculty, and staff collaborates to promote integrity, open dialog, teamwork, and mutual respect, while striving for excellence in all that we do.

We believe diversity fosters success. Triton College is a dynamic organization with a diverse workforce which contribute greatly to our institutional success.
Great place to work, but pay is very low.
Hourly Employee (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJuly 14, 2018
I have worked at Triton College for many years. I can honestly say that this is a great place to work. The pay is minimum wage and you never get a raise, but the work is interesting and fun. You get to meet new people all the time, if you want to, you can always opt to do your lab work and not socialize if you don't want to. This is a good place to work as an hourly employee while you're pursuing your bachelors or masters degree on the side.
Pros
tuitions wavers per semester
Cons
no healthcare, no raises ever
Good paced environment to work in
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJuly 6, 2018
My job position was with the Maintenance Department. My job consisted of cleaning, changing ceiling tiles, changing light bulbs, and involvement in various projects throughout the campus.
Pros
No work on Holidays
Cons
Slow paced
Great place to work if you are full-time.
Police Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJuly 3, 2018
If you can get a full-time position. Do it, there are fantastic people who work here. You need to keep a close eye on your CCTV monitors during class changes, but depending on your shift you can have a hectic day or, quiet and uneventful.
Pros
Good sense of job satisfaction helping others.
Cons
Low pay, No paid leave.
Office Politics
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJune 26, 2018
Too many cuts to budgets too many inflated salaries. Customers service blows and lack of communication between depts is astounding.

Decisions made without regard to how it would affect depts or what the needs are for those being affected by these decisions. This does not foster any type of collaboration and in the end staff, faculty, instructors and students suffer.
Pros
just my co-workers
Testing Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJune 8, 2018
Great place to work with great coworkers all around. Triton is very flexible with your schedule and they are willing to work with you to make sure you have the best work experience that you can.
Great workplace but low chance for career advancement
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILMay 31, 2018
Triton College is a great place for a short-term period work experience in any department, however, without connections, forget about advancing further. After working here for 9+ years, there's barely any raises or opportunities for full-time employment. Quite disappointing, since the staff is very nice, coworkers are friendly and the atmosphere is fantastic.
Pros
Set my own hours, come whenever possible, discounted courses
Cons
No opportunities for full-time, minimal pay raises, lack of communication with administration
Great environment to work in
ADJUNCT FACULTY (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILMay 29, 2018
I enjoy working with the staff and at the college. The pay could be a little more. One thing that is a disadvantage is your not allowed to teach online unless you have a specific certificate to teach online not to mention that you have to pay to get it. Even if it's at a discounted rate that is a little absurd to me especially if you already have a degree and have the credentials to teach.
Pros
Relaxed and nice environment to work in
Cons
Not allowed to teach online without a MOT certificate
Decent place to grow as a leader
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  2000 5th Ave, River Grove, IL 60171March 25, 2018
Our director and sponsor gave us the tools and encouragement we needed to competently accomplish our tasks and adequately prepared us for our roles. I felt that I was challenged in a way that our sponsor felt I could handle and it pushed me to work harder.
comfortable
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILMarch 4, 2018
Nothing much really just a simple easy job that anyone can do with no problem, just follow instructions of your supervisor and manager you'll be able to keep this job.
Pros
unlimited breaks as long as they were timed 15 mins a part
Cons
not enough pay
The Best Hopitality College
Teaching Assistant - Culinary Arts Program (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILFebruary 3, 2018
It is great place to learn the cooking career and the management career. It's a place to meet peoples and work with your coworkers and learn from each other and teach your hospitality experience to others student. Very good school to learn and have the best hospitality management and culinary arts professors.
Excellent Educational Environment
Adjunct Criminal Justice Instructor (Current Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 29, 2018
Triton is an excellent environment for adjunct instructors to work in. Instructors in the criminal justice department will readily assist each other with class information. The director of the program is experienced and attempts to provide all instructors with the necessary tools to be successful.
Pros
Excellent, experienced staff
Cons
great people to work with
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  River Grove, ILJanuary 29, 2018
The programmers I worked with were the nicest guys on the planet. I entered payroll for the college and keyed anything the programmers needed. The work was key to card back then.
Pros
great people