Triumph Group, Inc.
57Below average

Triumph Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States675 reviews
fun workplace
I learn a lot from this company. the benefit is good . management is not to professional to manage the work man . poor training for new people.
I enjoy what I do .
Still under transformation
The financial struggles of the company make it difficult to advance overall. It is impossible to invest in the talent, tools and innovation to help the company get ahead.
This company has a relative small middle management group which means that you can work on projects directly sponsored by executives. This company will challenge you.
Unprofessional
A typical day at work - sweatshop
What you learned - what I could teach myself

Management - Unprofessional

Workplace Culture - Either you conform and accept the culture and poor working conditions or you will be terminated or encouraged to quit.

The hardest part of the job - walking in the door

The most enjoyable part of the job - can't think of any
4 plus year at Triumph Aerostructures
I really enjoyed the opportunity to work at Triumph Nashville. The Tooling Inspection Department had skilled and knowledgeable inspectors that worked well as a team. Wish I was still there.
Pros
Supportive professional colleagues
Cons
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
A respectable place to work with great team members
I worked there briefly as an intern and enjoyed my time. I was treated very fairly by my team and other co-workers outside of my department. The work environment was very corporate and very cubicle, but the people were very communicative to one another and organized. A well established business, they live up to their reputation or being respectable and reliable on the inside too.
Impervious to improvement
This is the most archaic company I've had the displeasure of being employed with in my 20 year career. Think beige colored file cabinets and DOS based programs.

Lots of bad morale too, though people talk about how it used to be a good place to work.
Excellent place to work and gain experience
I worked very hard at Triumph for a particularly difficult customer. However, all of my work there was highly appreciated by Triumph management. Tremendous pressure from the customer and confusing requirements was offset by positive atmosphere and teamwork shown by supervisors and co-workers. Probably the best place I've worked overall. Job security was good for 8 years, but Covid19 ended it.
Hoping they can pull themselves up by their bootstraps
Upper management is floundering, but apparently has been for a while now. It's sad to see a company with such a legacy in the aerospace industry continue to crash and burn.
My immediate manager and my co-workers were great, although there was some tension in the group. Their HR department is worthless.
Pros
Flexible hours, overtime pay, great location
Cons
Long hours, indecisive upper management, job instability
Professional environment with talented coworkers
There are a lot of talented people at Triumph with a wealth of knowledge and experience. People are willing to help provide the support that you need to do your job. There are times when the deadlines are tight, but we seem to pull together. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people.
Triumph is a poorly managed company, doing poorly financially, does not invest in its worksites, and does not resolve its issues well..
I have been at my worksite for 23 years, and seen a constant erosion of culture and expertise. There was an unwillingness to invest in the site infrastructure and no new technology development. This short term focus has transformed a company that NEVER missed a customer delivery date into a routinely late company.
Check Triumph stock history.
Pros
A workforce who cares, usually
Cons
Culture issues caused by poor executive management, poor morale
N/a
Working at triumph was a pleasant experience. Friendly people with good management who are interested in improving your knowledge and skills in the engineering field.
Nothing special and no AC
Very hot place and the tasks at hand definitely correlated with general labor and hard work. A lot of improvising and creativity needed. For the most part doable.
Can be productive, and a good place to work.
Other groups in the company hold them back. The structures group would do well on its own.
They need to push suppliers hard for parts to be there on time.
Was actually a great place to work if you dont mind lots of hours.
Everything was pretty good, less the hours. Pay was the about the best thing. Good people too. But. They would work you 7 days a week non stop if they could.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Too many hours
Good place to start career
Ups and downs. Poorly ran for many years, may be too late to recover. Unionized hourly employees where many of them take advantage of it. Lot's of great people, lots of not great people
Steady work. Bad morale due to layoffs.
I worked there since startup, and many changes in culture and management since. Towards the end the morale became very negative due to layoffs. Still, I kept a positive attitude and a smile for customers and employees alike.
Watch your back
The people that have been there a long time are all afraid of losing there jobs and or status so they will snitch on new people every chance they can.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
You will be stabed in the back by someone
Company lacks leadership and financial stability
Not a good place anymore to work
People are very selfish and cutthroat

Very demanding and stressful working conditions

Company was recently sold to another public company
good benifits
know daily what is expected. Management fair & flexible. Your opinions are heard. People have been great to work with. quality and schedule is important.
To many hours to work.
It was a blessing from GOD to have worked here while I was there. The benefits were good, but the hours were terrible. No balanced life in the factory
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too many hours of work, rough environment, to much thievery, required to do things that were not in my job description
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Triumph Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.7
Ratings from women
2.1
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight