Triumph Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

If you like getting paid for barely working this is your place!!
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 13, 2018
Triumph is NOT for those who enjoy learning or like to keep busy through out their day. (As far as hourly positions are concerned anyway) It is a union environment and entails all that goes with being such...Lay offs, good ole boy system, general overall bad attitude of workers, us against them attitude...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Revolving door of leadership makes it difficult to see any changes happening
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 20, 2018
Management changes every few months, which makes it impossible for real change. Many false promises, which leads to frustration. Instead of letting go bad hourly employees, they just shuffle them around and place them in other departments. No sense of urgency, though nearly all parts are late.
Pros
Good Insurance, nice employees, could transfer to another site if wanted to move.
Cons
Management, understaffed in all departments, lots of nepotism which makes getting promotions difficult, no urgency
Poor Communication
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 14, 2018
When I started as a data entry clerk, I was assigned to a trainer who never had much work for me to do. Other employees didn't have much for me to help with. After two weeks I was let go without warning or any sort of communication, was only told that I wasn't a good fit, despite doing all the work I was given at a good pace and with good quality.

Maybe I just had a bad trainer, but communication is very bad. My trainer never told me if anything needed to change or improve.
Pros
early hours
Cons
short breaks, everything smells, poor communication
extremely frustrating application process
Director, Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 13, 2018
I applied to multiple job openings, for most of which I had over 70% of the required skills and education.
There was one particularly, where I had all the requirements, yet, not even an hour later I got an automated rejection letter. Nobody could read or review my application package that fast (I included references and graduate school transcripts).
Not impressed!!!!!! Don't waste your time applying here.
Triumph group bought Fairchild Controls
CNC Machinist/Model Maker (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 5, 2018
Triumph group bought Fairchild Controls and it's been down hill from that point. Moving all production from Frederick MD to Hartford CT. While working for Fairchild Controls everyone was treated with respect and advancement came easy. But once Triumph took over their main goal was to close up the facility and move it.
Management think they are Gods
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Park City, YtahFebruary 4, 2018
Never good enough. Treated like a child. Stay away if you can. You make some of the most important parts in Aerospace and they act like you are expected to run five machines without a mistake. The lead supervisor has an inferior complex.
Pros
Too far to drive.
Cons
Too far to drive for the humiliation.
great place to work
Sealer (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 27, 2018
I loved working with this company. The people were nice and took good care of their employees. The management was very in order and wiling to assist their employers in any way.
Quick paced and Entertaining
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJanuary 22, 2018
There was always work to be done at Triumph. Days went by fast, all of my co-workers were kind and dedicated to their work. Overall a positive work environment.
Good employee environment, poor management.
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Albany,ORJanuary 7, 2018
All the hourly workers are knowledgeable and will get the job done. If management intervenes which they almost always did, jobs would get stressful and take much longer than they should due to the lack of knowledge of management in a highly skilled industry.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
healthcare costs vs benefit, poor management, no paid lunch, company cuts corners
excellent teamwork among coworkers
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARDecember 22, 2017
Days always started very organized. keeping parts moving through stations. Learned valuable experience in the manufacturing of aircraft components. Floor management was excellent. Teamwork between coworkers in my area was excellent. Hardest part of job would be, being sent to help out in other areas, and those areas didn't seem enthusiastic about teaching someone new. Most enjoyable would working with my crew, communication was superb.
Cons
short breaks, lunches
progressive
Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTDecember 4, 2017
This company cared about its associate it is a great place to learn f i a career in aerodynamic is suitable for u in this u cannot be lazy u will stay busy
Management is out of touch with reality.
Assembly Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Oak, TXNovember 15, 2017
Contractors are paid nearly triple of what a direct employee is paid to do the same job. A newly hired experienced aircraft mechanic / technician is lucky to get $ 12.00 per hour while contractors are paid upwards of $ 30.00 per hour to do the same work. The UAW Local 848 is present, but ineffective at this location. That being said the insurance benefits are very good, but that does not make up for the extremely low pay. Management pushes hard for completed work even though their big customer can't keep up with the demand for parts and has very poor planning. Quality of work suffers due to the constant pressure from management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay, poor managemment. poor planning by the customer.
If you are a temp or contract worker do not work here
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSOctober 25, 2017
They did a mass hire- mass layoff and are severely struggling financially. The management is running around like chickens with their heads cut off and don't expect to be paid for the amount of work you do. They don't follow rules and regulations, don't care about employees as people (only as a number), don't know what anyone does and then expect you to drop everything if they want something done. They also give unrealistic deadlines and don't care if you call them out on anything.
Very little future
Sr. Manager - Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 14, 2017
There is no more to say on this . The people are good but they must continue to conduct their workday with inadequate tools and training to meet tight deadlines and with Extremely tight margins and the movement of the majority of their standards to Mexico it does not provide a sustainable future.
Productive and reserved
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARSeptember 18, 2017
Overall, I enjoyed my experience working at Triumph. It is a great place to learn a decent amount about career-level fields in a short amount of time.
Pros
Great benefits and incentives
Cons
Short breaks
Productive Security Environment
EXECUTIVE PROTECTION/ PERSONAL PROTECTION AGENT (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 13, 2017
Option for unarmed and armed duties that can encounter various threat levels. Conducive for part-time work that allows security to enhance and hone their capabilities.
Pros
Comfortable uniforms
Cons
Distance to venue
Poor management
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Work environment was great. Management could use some touching up. Climate control environment. Easy training at a decent pace. Inventory program could use an update.
Pros
Benefits first day hired
Cons
Poor management
Once a great place to work
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INSeptember 7, 2017
Recent take over has changed the company for the worse. Seen many senior employees eliminated as reduction in force, while keeping the younger, lower paid employees. Now all eliminations will be for what they call lack of performance so they don't have to pay severance package. Another form of cost savings.
Triumph is a good company.
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, TXAugust 31, 2017
Triumph is a good company. Because of the position I was having to work 7 days a week and I had a travel time of 1 hour each way. This was more than what I had signed up for.
Pros
Pay was fair and the people were friendly.
Cons
Because of my position I was having to work 7 days a week, I had a travel time of 1 hour each way.
Great Company
Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 21, 2017
Was an intern engineer and Loved it, had to leave for grad school but plan to come back. Great coworkers. Only con was the company training offered. However coworkers were a wealth of knowledge.