Triumph Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good times
Aerospace Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 16, 2018
Excellent work environment. Goals continuously meet. Leadership cares about hitting targets. Meeting your commits matter at Triumph. Logical analytics.
Seniority trumps Skill set
lead position, twice (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 9, 2018
Big companies have lay offs, I get that. The issue here is seniority is better than any skill set. No matter how good you are at the task, anyone that hired in before you stays and you go.Can any company stay in business with that policy in present day competitive world? The real issue is some people that have been there 40+ years, could retire with full pensions, 401s and social security, they just won't leave. No life outside.. But that is only half the problem, some do nothing but drink coffee and shoot the bull all day, the others have lost drive or will to work, can not walk without a cane, eye sight is gone and couldn't drill a straight hole with a drill block... And yet management has no plan to buy out, disqualify or stay on these people to get the schedule met. Too afraid of a lawsuit, or do not know how to go about the procedure to work the problem. Great company if you hired in 40 years ago. Can you imagine working with people that have never had another job in the real world, the mind set is unbelievable. There are good people there, and a few great supervisors. The great supervisors hands are tied by upper management head in the sand attitude.
It was like working in the trenches
Structures Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARAugust 5, 2018
The hours and pay were good as far as everything else i would not reccomend this place to any mechanic the turnaround rate was high management was focused on how they looked and not how the company was ran no one showed you anything they throw you out to the sharks and expect you to produce highly with no training
not a bad place
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 27, 2018
Good learning experience. Had some good leaders, lots of diversity in the work atmosphere. Lot of different jobs at the facility. Good group of people.
Pros
lots of knowledge
Cons
poor managment
Senior Mechanic
Sheet Metal Mechanic-Senior Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 23, 2018
regular 40 hour work week in temperature controlled environment. occasional opportunities to work overtime. work at own pace with assistance from other co workers.
Lots of hours but it's worth it
Structures mechanic/assembler (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 22, 2018
It's a good place to work a bit stressful at to.es because of the delivery dates but nothing to one can't handle
The benefits definitely make it worth it to work there
Pros
Benefits decent pay
Cons
A little stressful at times
Finance (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 18, 2018
It's a good place to work with some talented dedicated people. I've been there for some time, and don't regret it. I would recommend it to others. Good plane parts.
Great Benefits Package but Compensation not competitive with market
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 18, 2018
Supportive manager and supervisor; however, difficult to receive recognition for a job well-done from upper management.

Organization has become Top-Heavy

Difficult to get promoted and raises
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Short lunch break
Employment
Machinist - CNC OD Grinding (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIJuly 18, 2018
My employment was a positive experience. I was treated fairly and with respect. I would recommend Triumph to others that are currently looking for employment.
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Mandatory Overtime
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Forest, OHJuly 17, 2018
Triumph has been a great first job for me. There has been plenty of opportunity to learn, and I don't feel like I am over stressed. Management and corporate structure could use work, but that is changing at this moment with the new CEO
Pros
good pay, independence, great learning experience
Cons
management, office needs renovation
Truely been a headache
Aircraft Senior Structures Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAJuly 13, 2018
Management and operational problems.Went through eight supervisors in six and a half years.Upper management underbid the program and held the mechanics responsible. Boeing even sent their own team to the plant with no avail.Which in turn putting stress on the mechanics to meet deadlines thus causing more defects
Not for the weak
NDT Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 11, 2018
Working at Triumph has made me realize how hard companies will work you, but without compensation for all of the work you put in daily. I wouldn’t suggest working here if you’re looking for a career, however, if you’re just out of school, or looking for a little bit of money to help out with your family then I say go for it!
The one thing I liked was the insurance options they offered, along with the tiers.
Pros
Good for gathering experience
Cons
Lacks raises (very minimal) and promotions within the company
Good company in transition
Configuration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 10, 2018
Benefits and compensation were great and it is obvious the company is trying to do its best for employees, but they are losing work. All sites have functioned as separate entities until now, and it seems to be a major focus of the company to fix that and develop more of a unified culture.
New joint ventures still working out what they want to be as a company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
need to get thru the changes and stabilize so focus can be on process improvements (change as needed) versus constant change. Great opportunity in the future.
No stability
Manager, Overhead Budgets, Rates (Current Employee) –  Red Oak, TXJuly 5, 2018
Not profitable and no investment in employees. Long term stability does not exist. Poor leadership and lack of policies. Need leaders who are invested.
Review Summary
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, TXJuly 4, 2018
Costing parts with a standard cost which allows the system to allocate direct element cost to correct cost category.
Research top cost driver parts in the bill of material. Explain variances to budget.
Management was very fair, available when needed allowed us to grow through investigative research.
Culture was even paced overall, quarterly reporting was intense.
Hardest part of the job was correcting costing errors for parts.
The people were great to work with and we had a very supportive team.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
long drive
No different than any other aerospace companies
Inspector/Co-chairman of Safety (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSJuly 2, 2018
The people are amazing, they are like family. They treat you like family and are welcoming.
Management everyone is to good or to smart to admit they are wrong, or they think that they are to good.
Except the program managers they are work horses but good workers. But their management is horrible.
Anyone that isn't In management, they are just horrible, they are literally running the company to the ground in a fast way that can't be stopped.
Pros
Work life, quality supervisor amazing. Ability to learn.
Cons
Management, pay.
Always being rushed
senior accesories mech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2018
Some managers are harder to deal with. Some times waiting on parts. Or other departments to catch up. Some times loss of turn times get old quick. Otherwise it's ok.
Pros
Company treat's everyone for lunch or dinner quite often.
Cons
Long hours, not great reviews.
A very enjoyable position
Outside Processing Buyer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 24, 2018
There is some lack of training on the database system, but it comes with time.

I have learned a lot about the outside processing from different sources within the plant and outside with different suppliers who are happy to show us their shops.

Culture is great from previous jobs, people here are very friendly.

No hard parts to this job yet.

I work with a lot of long time friends from Spirit, and it's always nice to have people you already know when you start a new job.

The only reason I am looking for another position is because this position is temporary, and it is a 92 minute commute for me each day, twice a day.
Pros
Flexible hours and over time
Cons
Position most likely will not go permanent.
This Company Sucks
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJune 20, 2018
They took on too much work from Lockheed without being staffed up for it - I don't know what the drug deal was that went down before I came to work there, but when I was not able to pick up the pieces of their mis-guided deal I was shown the door. What a screwed-up place this is. Too bad!
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Poor management