Triumph Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good
Aircraft Assembler (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 20, 2019
Triumph in Nashville,TN. needs new work contracts. Once employed 8000+ now reduced to 700 employees. Good people wanting to produce good product at a competitive price.
Pros
Cons
Lack of new aircraft programs.
Good Company
MRP Controller (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Great group of people to work with, Over all this company has been a good company to work for, since Triumph took over several changes have taken place I guess it's to be excepted. Good old boy culture still exist.
Pros
People
Cons
Job security
Great place to work.
Manufacturing Engineer - Supplier Development (Current Employee) –  Red Oak, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Great place to work. I love to travel for my job so this is one of the best jobs that I have ever had. Everyone is very professional and experienced.
Financially unstable company
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Company is not financially stable and current leadership has not been able to turn it around in more then 3 years, stock prices continue to fall. No ones job is secure.
One of the worst places Ive worked
welder (Former Employee) –  ChandlerJanuary 3, 2019
Most the workers have a "click" if you dont fit in they will force you out. They all smoke pot. The HR is horrible and the main boss just flirts with the HR.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Drama filled
Great Company
M-Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 3, 2019
I really enjoy working at this company. The atmosphere is great and they are fair in the treatment towards their employees in my opinion. I would definitely work for them again.
Contract Hire
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CADecember 30, 2018
I worked at this company for less than a year but it was by far one of the best jobs I ever had. I never dreaded going to work in the morning. I was a contractor who was paid very well and there was ample opportunity for overtime. Most of the other employees I worked with were contractors as well. It was a contractor's paradise until we were laid off.
Good Ole Boy Network Still Strong
Lead (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 27, 2018
The Good Ole Boy Network is still running strong. The company has lost sight of keeping existing programs and getting new work. Seems they would rather beat up and threaten the employees instead of helping. Asking leadership for help will get you in trouble instead of assistance. They expect everyone to be experts without providing training. CEO focus is on the larger sites and manages the other sites with outside consultants instead of getting his hands dirty. Everyone is scared of losing their job and the site closing. Many people here are hyper-sensitive which make a toxic work environment unless you are one of the "good ole boys." Watch what you say and who you say it to as there are ears everywhere.
Pros
Lots of Potential
Cons
Lack of Motivation, Fear
challenging fast paced
HIGH-PERFORMANCE TEAM LEAD / PROJECT MANAGER III (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 21, 2018
i enjoy working here because of the technical excellence of the people i worked with and the many opportunities to advance upward in my management skills.
Poor management
Inspector General (Former Employee) –  Edgerton, KSDecember 18, 2018
They lie to you from day 1. I was told I'd be getting a raise after 90 days didn't happen. I had 4 different managers in 6 months. No training or continuing education. After a year and driving down their back log they brought in a new guy for less money and laid me off after the work was done. Stay far away unless you're a machinist.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Management, pay
Not a good place to work
Operations Manager Fuel Cells (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78216December 15, 2018
The management of the company was not intune with betterment of the company. Everything was too easy going and everybody feared for their jobs.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Dreams do Die
Production mech B (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 12, 2018
It had always been my dream to work in aerospace. To be a part of the process that allows our insignificant species to travel across the globe in just a few hours. This company squashed that out of me in roughly two years. To be treated as a machine by a superior as they get ready to enjoy a 3 day weekend, told im to be working the next 2 weeks maybe 3 consecutively kills. In just 2 years i had to leave, and ive never wanted to return there. we used to have a shop joke called "Going Triumph", kinda like going postal but instead a hysterical fit akin to a mental break. Be it the exhaustion, stress, eroded self respect it happened at least once every pay period...
Pros
time off was able to be scheduled a month or two in advance.
Cons
you will wish for death.
Poor management
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Red Oak, TXDecember 10, 2018
Management team is not in line with employees. No training to support the continuous growth and skill level required. Need shop discipline. No real growth opportunities.
Pros
Convenient location.
Cons
Poor management.
Mistreatment, Neglect and Lack of Communication
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 9, 2018
I worked for this facility for approximately a year, the position offered and accepted by me was a Temporary Full-Time position (Contract), that seemed indefinite. After the one year anniversary, I requested an approximate contract completion date, or if they have considered; Contract Extension, Employment Opportunity/Offer/Position with the company, or Termination. After a few times of requesting the time frame for the contract so that future employment plans could be determined, in the course of as many weeks, I never received an ETA from my supervisor or the HR (if applicable, the employees always seemed to be out on PTO). So I couldn't wait around for them to decide if and when they had any intentions of communicating this with me. They could've simply submitted a correspondence to inform me, that they were reviewing the contract, or disabled my facility access card. So I submitted my notice, even though the department that I was recruited for encouraged me to reconsider. With the gross and negligent lack of communication, I was treated without value and neglected to the point where I no longer felt like part of a team, let alone a cause.
Pros
Made Life Long Friends and gained much Experience
Cons
Terrible Management, No Training, Mistreatment, Neglect and Lack of Communication
Management could be better, and only certain people get things
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLDecember 8, 2018
I Just want to work at a professional company where everyone works and gets along with good communication. The procedures and how they communicate needs to be addressed. Two many non productive things need to be looked into. Where i used to work at DFF Corp. we had a saying DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME... That gave us proffit sharing every 6 months.
Pros
making aircrafts for Boeing
Cons
No rewards for doing a good job.
Plant is closing
Sr. Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CADecember 6, 2018
The site is closing soon so there is no room for advancement. There are a lot of people that work there that will be retiring or laid off soon. Time to look for another job.
Pros
Lots of experience people to work with
Cons
Plant is closing
We do have a ping pong table, we are good at ping pong
mfg. engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2018
would not recommend this job to anyone, friends or relatives. Company does not know where its' going,if they knew where they were going,they wouldn't know how to get there.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Bad Leadership
Quality Assurance/Quality Control - C-5/V (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2018
I worked there for 33 years and the first 20 years were great, the place was booming with work people were happy, pay was good and the last 13 years things started go down hill and mean down hill. The management did care about the people started taking away different benefits that we had. They were playing favorites, upper management would hiring the friends that weren't qualified for their position and over paying them. I had to retire because things got so bad.
Pros
Good people on the shop floor
Cons
Extremely fast pace work environment, overtime required.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, TXDecember 2, 2018
The work environment is fast pace and requires overtime. Physically demanding. The workplace culture high pressure. Management sometimes inconsistent with what is said and what is actually done.
Pros
Salary competitive
Cons
Mandatory overtime on a regular basis
Good to train
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLNovember 29, 2018
This is a great company to start out. They had some issues but hired a new engineering team and president that is really trying to change the plant around