TriWest Healthcare Alliance Employee Reviews

Dont work here
Patient server representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 18, 2019
Triwest pay $14.50 an hours.
I work here as a patient service rep. I was on the work from home team. The only hard part about this job is the lake of trainging and help you get while on the job.the manager and supervisor or rude.
Pros
Pay good and good benefit
Great workplace
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 17, 2019
Flexible, great salary, great benefits, great management team. Workflow was great. Atmosphere was great. Training was great. Many advance opportunities.
Productive and a good place to work.
Behavioral Health/Imbedded Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 14, 2019
A good place to work. Staff was supportive and up beat on a daily basis. Management was very helpful with training. Overall the workplace culture was excellent.
Horrible place to work for!
Complex Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2019
I have never hated a job as much as I hate my current position! Triwest is super unorganized and does not care about their employees! All they care about is keeping their contracts while their employees scramble around trying to figure out how to pick up the pieces. Upper management is rude and condescending they don’t train you properly and expect you to figure everything out on your own. Don’t expect any help from anyone, their systems are slow and outdated. They are constantly changing and forget to let everyone know there are changes but expect you to keep up and the amount of work they have you do for the amount of pay is ridiculous! If you enjoy being underpaid and overworked this is the place for you! Currently looking for something else as this is NOT IT! I’m surprised how long they’ve managed to keep this company afloat.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Woking with the VA and veterans was great
Care Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 7, 2019
I worked at the VAMC locations so it was great. The VA were my coworkers. I heard working at the corporate office was not so great. They didn't get paid well and they were overworked.
Pros
The VA coordinators get paid well
Cons
Lack of career advancements
Don’t work at TriWest
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2019
I was fired because of what they said was performance issues but really was because management didn’t like me for unknown reasons. Very “clicky” environment and if you aren’t a partof it then they will let you go. My advice is look for somewhere else for employment.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
Poor management
Business Casual Work Environment
Contract Mgmt Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2019
TriWest has been a good company to work for, with a business casual work environment, with flexible hours. Like any job you will get out what you put in.
Productive workplace that does amazing things for our veterans
Work from home-Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2019
I loved working for TriWest I worked remote from home for the most part so there was an abundance of micro management that bothered me. Also there was no advancement opportunities and no raises so if you like being stuck in a position and never moving forward this is the job for you.
Pros
Being able to work from the comfort of your own home
Cons
No advancement and other opportunities and no pay raises.
Try someplace else
Behavioral Health Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 29, 2019
This company is stressful. I have worked for it for 3 plus years. Working in two different departments. We are promised so many different things but the promises have run out.
you gotta b insane
Patient Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2019
i wouldnt recommend this company unless u need a pay check and love veterans the company is jus as most of the negative reviews say.... moral is at an all time low.... metrics are all they worry abt with slow systems they want miracles to happen and they kno its impossible.... management needs to get on the phone... there is lots of favoritism and when u go home its dummy worse they wont answer simple questions i cant wait to find a new job please someone pray for me.
Pros
descent pay, veterans
Cons
it sucks to work there, its like going back to school
If you have no growth in your future
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2019
There was no growth opportunities there and if your ok with no growth then this is a perfect job. But if your like me and liked to be challenged you will get bored sooner or later. Management has there own challenges and are not so much for the team
Pros
was able to work form home, pay was descent
Cons
No growth, management not educated on how to help you
So much potential
Medical Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 17, 2019
The company has a great deal of potential to being a great employer. However, the upper management chooses poorly when finding entry level supervisors. The culture of the office was stress full, the changes in the offices were monthly, and so were the desk moves.
Positives is that the work is noble and satisfying. You feel like you have gone home each day doing something really worthwhile.
Pros
Satisfying work
Cons
Unprofessional Supervisors
Great place to work, very friendly Environment.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 14, 2019
Helping Veteran with appointment for Doctor office or an Imaging centers. Answering inbound calls from Veteran, Veteran's representative, VA or Providers,
Pros
Helping Veterans
Cons
No, Part time
Not worth the headache
Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2019
While the work that we do with taking care of the Veterans is amazing the company itself is the issue. You are not offered the amount of pay worthy of all the work that you do for the company. The company is more concerned with meeting metrics like handle time and time away from the phone than actually making sure that you are providing effective and efficient services to our nations Veterans.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 8, 2019
A Company Working For Veterans, Scheduling Patient Appointments, cancelling / Rescheduling Patient Appointments with local Healthcare Providers Outside of the normal Providers.
Pros
On Site Vending Machines, Different Restaurants catering Lunches Into the Building, Restaurants Close By, Health Insurance
Cons
Short Breaks, lunches Not Adequate enough to allow for time to enjoy your lunch
Nice place to work
Escalations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2019
Love serving our veterans helping them to maintain medical coverage and being able to make sure all of their medical needs were up to date. Also help provide the veteran with new providers in their local area .
Read the employee reviews before proceeding!
PATIENT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 16, 2018
I honestly wouldn't recommend anyone working for this company, not unless something changes for the better.

You can feel the racial tension in the air when you walk into the break room or ask someone a work related question.

There are also employees who treat the Veterans and providers horribly, such as speaking to them rudely and giving them a horrible attitude, which I think is unacceptable.

The company penalizes you if you are on the phone past your scheduled break/ lunch time, they also ding you for finishing up your notes once your call is completed as they want you to have the Veteran/ Provider the whole time even if we're having technical issues.
Pros
Somewhat team oriented with certain individuals, Pay increase every quarter for a year, decent benefits.
Cons
Racial Tension, Lack of advancement, Penalization for working past break times
wonderful
BENEFICIARY SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2018
Very rewarding place to work for, learned to assist people with disabilities military families. The most enjoyable part of the job was processing referrals to help veterans. The hardest part of the job is knowing how all the disabilities people deal with every day.
fun place to work
Patient Services Rep-Inbound (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 5, 2018
great place to work good people the benefits were good i really enjoyed working for this company def would recommend to friends an family.could def make a career
Care Authorization Specialist
Complex Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WADecember 3, 2018
Completing authorizations received from the VA. Workplace is enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the is knowing that you are helping our veterans. Management is good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TriWest Healthcare Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at TriWest Healthcare Alliance.

Powered by Comparably