TriWest Healthcare Alliance Employee Reviews

this place was ok
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 17, 2018
i loved everything about this company. the work was good and the employees were great. the only problem was that we got let go of because the company was based on government contracts
Patient Service Representative
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2018
Working with the veterans was awesome...That's the only great thing I can say about the company. A lot of hush hush meetings not keeping the employees informed and all of a sudden layoffs...but you're hiring now! Go figure! I broke my wrist and received an occurrence for being off which turned into a write up. I couldn't return to work until I received clearance from my doctor per HR. Really?
Pros
Jeans environment, assisting the veterans, and it was close to home
Cons
Favoritism, micromanging, bathroom use how many times per day
Great management
Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2018
Great management, great employees. Lots of talk of work from home, first group went home a year ago and never sent any additional employees home. Processes change alot, but good team work.
Good Company
Contract Complex Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 9, 2018
Good company to work for but minimal advancement opportunities. Great benefits for full time employees. All employees start out on a contract basis.
Triwest C-Level Execs Conspiring to Bleed Company Dry, Line their Own Pockets, and Methodically Lay off everyone over next 24 months
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2018
Proof? look in the parking lot and the six figure cars. Do you even have houses this expensive? OR just ask some basic questions (unless you fear reprisal) . Did the execs get bonuses this year? last year? WHY? How can this be possible if people are being laid off? the company hasn't made a cent in years. Why bonuses? Why not reduced executive salaries? What happened to the concept of honorable leaders who reduced their own comp to save some of your jobs?
Pros
none. Well, I guess free ice.
Cons
top leaders here are making major salaries and paying others peanuts, the company cant make a penny, The leaders are more stale than an old pall-mall, execs have been in place for 20+ years and haven't a clue how to operate in today's environment, They need replaced, They need replaced immediately for the sake of our veterans, They deserve better!!!!!
Nice place to work
TriCare Service Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 8, 2018
The most rewarding part of this job was working with the military service members and their families. We explained their health care benefits and ultimately enrolled them in the program they chose.
Worst company ever
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2018
Typical Day at Work consists of threats and intimidation at lower levels, followed by a constant flow of BS from exec level (emaoils, occasional speeches, etc) which everyone can see straight through). Yeah, it was a real picnic.

I learned what NOT to do - in just about every way. But especially in the treatment of people.

Management - In the simplest terms all they care about is themselves. And I mean totally...at the expense of the employees, at the expense of our company owners, and most infuriating - at the expense of our nation's veterans.

culture - cut throat!

hardest part of job: resisting temptation to head to the roof

most enjoyable - leaving.
Pros
There are none, Any single rays of light are extinguished by the selfish executive and management teams.
Cons
How can the same people stay in the same senior roles for DECADES while the company tanks?, need NEW THINKING.
Lack of advancement opportunities / Unstable Employment
CREDENTIALING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92128July 1, 2018
While being employed here, I have experienced on many occasions where the management is not fair in their assessment or expectations of productivity. With telephones and other office equipment malfunctioning often, the task of meeting daily quotas was absolutely unattainable.
Pros
The opportunity to assist veterans
Cons
Unreliable office equipment
Fun and learning experience
Consult Tracker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2018
It was fun working with Triwest but it was a learning experience as well since we were serving the military beneficiaries for their healthcare needs. As employees, we should adhere with the Tricare guidelines, security and confidentiality plus HIPAA policy.
Fifth round of layoffs in six months (last week)
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2018
This thing is going down. Another round of layoffs just last week. That's like the 5th in 6-8 months. For a company of just a few thousand, it is scary. Meanwhile the fat (in some cases, quite literally) cats keep getting fatter. After a while you want to say: "just try a salad!" By this I mean there is no reduction at the CEO direct report level -- N O N E. Same worn out, stale, no new thinking people occupying the same condo sized offices and still getting bonuses!

It's just like many of us saw in the Tricare days. Going from thousands to hundreds. I'd just like to see one, just one of the same tired recycled exec pool sacrifice something, anything, to keep more of us employed.

I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
20 year exec management without an original thought between them.
Bottom of the barrel hiring
Patient Service Representative - Outbound (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2018
Most disorganized, micromanaging, favoritism playing place I've ever worked!! The day I quit, after a year of pure anquish, I sat in my driveway for an hour, trying to put the car in reverse and I just couldn't do it. Called and said I wasn't coming back, please pack up my desk and cried tears of relief. Not only was the Kansas City hub a mess, corporate was!! Daily changes to the process, new hires being trained completely different and we older employees were told that we were wrong. The last 6 months, we could tell Aerotek was scraping the bottom of the barrel, hiring anyone just to fill seats. We started calling it "TriWest High" for all of the drama, cliques, in fighting, favoritism, and rumors that were a constant issue. Quitting was the best decision I ever made for my mental health.
Pros
Decent pay, got to wear jeans, helped veterans
Cons
Micromanaged, management played favorites, toxic work environment, dealing with the VA
Just ok. . .
Supervisor, TVSC Operations (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 22, 2018
Being a federal contractor, TriWest's survival is based solely on receiving federal contracts...lack of job security. Communication from company to employees was lacking; always seemed the management was trying to hide what was really going on.
Company is not always forthcoming with information about the company contract with the VA
Complex Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJune 20, 2018
A typical day at TriWest consist of building authorizations for a veteran to be scheduled with a community provider outside the VA. The hardest part of the day is not knowing the status of your job , because management seems to keep everything to themselves.Many people have left because of this and many more make their preparations to do the same.
Needs IMPROVEMENT especially for the Veterans they serve
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
Need to help promote within.
Better training
Need better Leadership team
Need more of a Multicultural understanding of People in general.
Open communication is lacking in this company.
Cons
Leadership lacks proper training and support
Disorganized
Supervisor - Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2018
As a startup (in KC) it was understandably disorganized, there wasn't much work to issue to employees, process and procedures were still under development. As time progressed, there was little to no improvement with regards to organization. Frequent start/stops, emergency meetings, major changes (both exempt and non-exempt employees reporting to different managers, supervisors, seating reassignments) morale began to take a major tole. Once unexpected lay offs started, instability ensued. It hasn't been the same ever since.
Pros
Enjoyed working to assist veterans establish healthcare, and building relationships with local providers
Cons
Instability in congress and ever changing contract requirements make for an unstable environment.
PSR/Acting Team Lead/Training Assistant (SME) (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJune 13, 2018
This was a great place to work. Alot of room for advancement opportunities. The opportunity to help with the company was awesome. I hate that they closed our location
Productive and Fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJune 8, 2018
I learned so much working at TriWest we has a great Management Team that offered great Support. Every work day is different but for the most part, I really enjoyed working for the company
I miss it
Complex Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 6, 2018
TriWest was a great place to work. My co-workers were great and helpful. I always had fun there. Everyone was so helpful with any questions you may have. I enjoyed helping the veterans.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Massive layoff
Great people
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2018
This place is pretty good, a good place to work for stability, wages are not to bad, overall a good rating. Management is good, but sometimes miscommunication is something to be expected, which happens in a changing environment as far as the medical environment goes.
Fun work enviornment
Provider Data Management Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2018
I always knew what I needed to do on a daily basis. Enjoyed talking with the other people from contracted states.

Very high priority environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TriWest Healthcare Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.