Trocaire College Employee Reviews

I did not work here, I was a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 2, 2018
I have to write something here in order to get to the next part of my submission, so I'm just going to babble. I was a student here, no an employee....
Nice place to work but Management needs improvement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 5, 2018
A typical day at work is very fast paced and hectic. I have learned many new skills that I will take with me to future jobs. Management and company structure do need improvement as they are typically not always pro-employee but looking to implement cost savings at the expense of the student and employees.
Pros
Generous time off (vacation, vsp), good health insurance, and fellow employees are great to work with.
Cons
Too much work piled on and the salary does not match the job.
A Great Place to Work
Employment Specialist/Generalist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 8, 2017
Great colleagues focused on providing best in class service to the student population and surrounding community. I enjoyed the inclusive collegiate environment
Good Learning Environment
X-Ray Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2017
Provided me with all the skills i needed to succeed. With the degree i earned and the invaluable clinical and working experiences gained from the multiple clincal sites Trocaire allows you to attend, you are ready to obtain a job in your field.
Pros
Good education
Cons
No air conditioning
great place
Bookstore Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 8, 2017
i loved working for trocaire, i left for a different job but absolutely love everyone that i worked with. If given the chance it would be a place i would love to go back to.
This was my greatest challenge and my fondest memory in teaching
Associate Professor - Dept. of Religious Studies (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 11, 2016
Many of the students in this small liberal arts school did not have an adequate background in the basics in education when they came to Trocaire. The wanted a skill but had to work on reading detailed instructions and following a syllabus.
Because many of the students came with a low reading level their success was so gratifying
Pros
Working with thinking adults as students
Cons
I worked there for too short a time
Trocaire is great!
Fulltime, Day RN Program (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 19, 2016
Trocaire College has been an amazing school to attend and work with. The atmosphere around campus is welcoming and warm. They encourage personal growth.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
the commute
Overworked and underpayed.
Certified Test Administrator in the PCAS. Primary (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 7, 2015
Trocaire, like many others places underemploys people promising a brighter future with them. The brighter future never shows up.
Enjoy
Positioning Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Trocaire College had a great work environment. I helped the Radiologic Technology department with daily tasks such as making copies and organization. My main task was to help freshman radiologic technology students practice their x-ray positioning skill in the lab. I had limited hours available due to my school schedule.
Program Director HIT
Director of Health Information Technology Program (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 22, 2014
Directed HIT Program.

I loved teaching in higher education.

The hardest part of the job was the low pay.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility.
Pros
Loved teaching.
Cons
Low pay
Very Productive days nice hardworking people
PT Staff Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo,NYApril 8, 2014
My typical day here at work consist of answering calls and assisting guests and staff with information when needed.
productive
PT Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  buffalo,nyNovember 12, 2013
Answering calls ad they com in make sure students are following all rules and regualtions. Communicate with staff vi email in case of emergencys
Dedication to health care improvment
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 17, 2013
Strong leadership and great staff. Students are well prepared for health care field..
Pros
Dedication to the students
Cons
Not enough adverstisments
Very close knit college community, very productive and helpful, goal oriented.
Computing Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 5, 2013
A typical day at Trocaire may consist of building a PC for a faculty or staff member, setting up some user accounts for incoming students or new Hires, and maybe some network trouble shooting. What I have learned is that, we treat each other like family, sometimes a bit challenging, but always helpful and respectful. The hardest part of the job is not having an answer to an issue that has risen, as for the most enjoyable part of the job, I would say is being able to help out a student resolve an issue.