Troon Golf
69Average

Troon Golf Employee Reviews

United States138 reviews
managment
no comment... the management do not considering to much workers positions…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….I don t want talk too much about it
Pros
free lunch
Cons
minimum rates
Fun place
Fun place to work. Great shop personnel. Treated very well as an employee. Always something to do and keep busy. Meet a lot of good people and guest from all over
Avoid this property, you'll be disappointed
Been working at a this property for over a year. When I asked the GM why I have not had a performance review/wage increase, he told me that they do not give reviews or raises at this property, and that that the only affiliation in the property operation with Troon is in name only. Talked with other associates at other Troon properities and they all get yearly reviews/wage increases.

Bills are paid infrequently, struggle to get the basics to do what is needed.

GM is very self serving and tell staff what they want to hear, but never delivers.
Best Company I've Worked For
I have zero negative comments about Troon. From the bottom to the very tip top, every single person I have met is so amazing. We are a family and I have the personal cell phone numbers of the top people at corporate to call anytime with concerns and questions. Guaranteed wonderful leadership, guidance, and growth. Once a Troon person, always a Troon person. If you have to leave the company for whatever reason, you'll be welcomed back with open arms. They bend over backwards to take care of you.
Pros
Leadership, growth, free lunch as manager, great pay and benefits
Cons
No one wants to leave, so the opportunities for promotions are limited
professional environment
troon is a first class golf management company. if you are interested in a career with the golf industry, troon is the gold standard in the industry. great company.
Zero Value Proposition to Clients and Employees
Troon Corp is different from employees that work at various clubs under the Troon portfolio. Troon charges a mgmnt fee for services it cannot deliver.
Don't do it
I can't comment on any Troon property, except for the one in Bluffton. If you're in management or you're a server/bartendet, it's not a place you want to work. The benefits are decent- paid time off, insurance, 401K- but you'll never get to use any cuz you'll always be working. Troon doesn't seem to actually care about their employees, just their bottom line.
I like cleaning
I like working for this company, I love hours because I worked alone and at my own pace. The workers all get along and very easy to work with. And theres not much pressure in this department.
Allowed employees to play golf
A typical work day at Troon Golf was clocking in and right from the start helping customers and all staff with whatever they needed. Tips here were very good and at the end of the night we were allowed to eat a lot of tasty food they had left over.
I am not lying, but I enjoy working here
I have a good crew and a great supervisor. What more can I ask for? The benefits are great. I don't like that it changes whenever the benefits enrollment is opened again because i really liked Metlife insurance. Other than that. I enjoy my job!
Watch Your Back
I worked for the company for many many years. They eliminated a whole department with one days notice. Very unprofessional. all departments were understaffed. Not enough training. Huge turn around in all departments, Lack of communication, They do not value employees.
General Management not supportive in personal growth development. Country Club did not follow policy and procedures nor did this location implement ANY of the TROON training.
Dont apply
Working at Great Shots in Sioux Falls was terrible. I had my availability set and they always seemed to give me the shifts that weren't in my set times. There is no communication with any of the managers. I was set to work a double and was never given a break. I worked 15 hours and would continuously ask a manager if I could. They would tell me to ask a different manager. I made nothing for tips! They would have servers work the bays outside and get no tables because its freezing out! I never even made minimum wage! I also was sick all the time because of working in the cold temps. They say its all heated outside in the bays but people can't even golf outside for 20 minutes. I feel like the summer would be better working there but that's only three months out of the year.
Great comapny. Loved the emplyees and clients.
This job is the best job in my career. They cared about the employees and constantly showed that we were appreciated. Only reason I left was because I was a single dad who had 2 small children at the time and found a job 5 miles from both their school and home.
Poor leadership on all levels on that property.
Troon is a good company but the management on this property falls short in every way. If your fortunate to have an employment opportunity elsewhere save yourself the frustration and take it. If not good luck.
Golf Shop Assistant
Excellent company. Great working conditions. Loved working with the residents and public. Enjoyed my job. Excellent management. Since this job was part time and mostly seasonal, I was provided an opportunity to input when I was available or not. We received golf privileges, discounts on goods and food. I would definitely work for Troon again.
Great people
If u need a job in golf, or are looking for a job in the golf industry..i cant find reasons to not work for troon. They are fair and genuinely nice pleasant people..there are not always enough positions where we want them..mine is not paying enough for the level of loyalty ive given troon
Pros
Free golf, nice folks
Cons
Managment all seems to start at introductory level and the career staff under get all the work load
No comment
I will not comment about working for troon. It will not help anyone who applies. I have said all that need to be said about working for this place! Period!
Blank
Troon Golf Hospitality departments have a very great clientele of members that joined the Country Club. It is the type of place that works well with management as well as getting to know people, members, on a name-to-name basis as you see them regularly. I would highly recommend a career with Troon GoGolf,
Lack of experienced management
It started out as a decent place to work. After a while you realize that there is a lack of knowledge on managements part. You also realize there is no room for advancement or pay raises. Its very disappointing.
Troon is an excellent company
Troon provides excellent benefits, work advancement opportunities and is continuously expanding worldwide; this gives us the chance to grow professionally and personally.