Troon Golf Employee Reviews

Boys Club
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rio Verde, AZJuly 14, 2018
Management stresses communication and hospitality skills and does not follow through on their end. F&B manager very unprofessional and inappropriate. Younger less experienced staff is praised and older employees with more experience and better work ethics are treated poorly. The workload is somewhat unrealistic at times. Our club is owned by the members and managed by Troon and I don't believe that the members would approve of how some are treated.
The Boys Club mentality is ever present in all facets of the team.
I will say since Troon has been our management company, we do have a little more structure, but only a few are held accountable and there is definitely favoritism in scheduling and employee of the month appointments. Your overall performance never plays into the decision of the employee of the month. Being on time and ready for work and never calling in sick have no merit with this organization, so don't bother.
I have always loved my job at this club because of the membership, I have been there 9 years, but with Troon I have considered leaving the place I love.
I will also interject that each Troon facility is unique. They are not all run the same. Ours happens to be a private club, owned by the members with things in place that have not changed with Troon being our management company. As servers and bartenders, we are paid a decent wage, higher than the Arizona minimum for those positions and are tipped with an automatic 20% on each members chit, that is split on a daily basis depending on the hours you work that day. It all is taxed and paid out every 2
  more... weeks in your paycheck. I will say since Troon, I do average a better wage than in years past.
Keep in mind each facility as I said, is different and unique. Some clubs are totally managed by Troon and others only have Troon manage the golf aspect and have nothing to do with the food and beverage end.
In conclusion, on the whole I like my job.
Pros
free meal each shift, full time get benefits
Cons
little or no breaks for some, long breaks for others, required to do the job of 2 people for the pay of 1
Overall horrible!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 13, 2018
Working for Troon Golf in Saint James was awful. Poor upper management, lack of communication as well as organization. High turn over rate with staff causing a constant flow of new clueless employees that were not provided proper training.
Pay is great as a Server if you’re willing to be treated like an incompetent child. Wouldn’t recommended for anyone who does not have open availability and is not willing to be a brown noser!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Kitchen staff
Cook/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCJune 1, 2018
working for 40+ a week as a food prep,dishwasher and expo netted below the living wages of most places. The management has a high turn around rate, usually leading to inexperienced individuals in charge causing drama.
Pronghorn was fabulous
Greenskeeper II (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 15, 2018
Wish I could have afforded rent in Bend. I wanted to come back and my supervisors wished I could stay. Both courses are amazing: scenic, challenging, diverse. The culture and staff knew how to treat people right, internally and externally. Great experience!
Pros
Darn near everything
Cons
nothing really
Exemplary Organization to be involved with
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Kapalua, HIApril 27, 2018
The culture at Troon is one of inclusivity and professionalism. Troon golf brings a level of integrity and respect to the workplace like I haven’t felt before in the industry. It’s nice to work for a company that backs you up for your spirit and passion for golf.
Low pay, long hours, too much to do
Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEApril 13, 2018
We are given too much responsibility with too little pay. Working long hours in a hot and crowded environment. Expected to pick up the slack for other shifts that didn't feel like doing their jobs that day. Asking for vacation or time off is like pulling teeth.
Pros
Cons
pay, hours
Poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Entrada, St. George, UtahApril 6, 2018
Management was overzealous in their pursuit in punishing associates for minor mistakes through write-ups. If you made a mistake they never let you forget it; I was constantly reminded that I did this or that that one time.... There was extreme favoritism; the rules didn’t apply to the “favorites” who did as they pleased without consequence. Since I wasn’t a favorite, I was written up for frivolous mistakes such as being 1 minute late or complaining about the unfairness of how things were until I was fired for giving away a table, which is absolutely ridiculous. Management would nitpick staff and made working there a negative and hostile experience. The current managers are toxic, and I would never recommend working there unless they leave. It’s a shame because it is a nice club and would otherwise be a good place to work.
Pros
401k, good competitive pay
Cons
Unreasonably strict, Natzi-like managers
great job for me
golf starter (Current Employee) –  Maui County, HIMarch 31, 2018
I love working with people and enjoy the job at Kapalua. The job keeps me busy and I also caddy for people to both keep busy and supplement my income. Troon is an excellent company and the 401K is great. Management is fair and balanced.
nope
Food & Beverage Director (Current Employee) –  NopeMarch 16, 2018
What a great company to work for. If you are willing to relocate you can stay with troon. With over three hundred courses there is plenty of places to choose from all over the country
Great place to work and good pay
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saint James, NCMarch 11, 2018
low stress job, very good pay and benefits, management is great and very understanding. Work hours are good because you go in early and get off early.
Very busy golf course
Outside Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 5, 2018
The course I worked at had continuous problems with carts, shuttles, staffing levels, training and consistent with their lack of attention to all categories. Hotel location was losing money as was Troon managing their courses. We were never given lunch breaks yet we were required to clock out for them and I was forced to work in conditions when raw sewage was flowing from our barn. This happened more than once in my year there.
Pros
Free golf
Cons
No structured training, little support from management and no lunch breaks
Good Company
PGA Golf Professional/Tournament Director (Former Employee) –  Dana Point, CAFebruary 27, 2018
The company was pretty fair, yet it was a cut throat environment and you really need to put your best efforts forward to succeed in the environment for the overall company and or to be successful.
Troon Golf as an entity is an excellent company to work for.
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Aransas, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Troon Golf is an excellent company to work for providing outstanding support to their employees with great benefits. I would highly recommend any professional seeking growth and support in their career to join this company.
Awesome place to work with the benefit of playing golf for free.
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJanuary 24, 2018
I worked for Troon Golf in 2017 and it was an awesome experience with a highly trained staff who go far and beyond their job to make sure you are taken care of. Troon took over Capital Canyon Club, where I worked, in the last years and what a difference they've made as far as quality, service, and personnel. I highly recommend working for this company as there are many benefits and awesome career opportunities through Troon Inc.
Pros
Being able to play golf for free
Not impressed
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Would expect more from a company this size. Haven't felt support from management or fellow employees, except in few situations. Not much camaraderie or actual fun on the job.
No loyalty
Golf Course Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sequoya NationalJanuary 13, 2018
They talk a good game and pour enough Kool aid but don't drink. They will not have any kind of commitment to you even though they require it from you. As a Superintendent you will work like a dog and get no respect or response from upper management when you need it. They are there buying time until their retirement.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Long long hours for managers, you get the blame for their lack of leadership
Upper Management Is Disconnected & Does Not Respect Women
Food & Beverage Manager/Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Maui, HIJanuary 3, 2018
Upper Management is disconnected. Has no understanding of day to day operations and the role each management position plays to ensure smooth operation. Upper management is very disrespectful to women. Upper management allows hostile work environment to breed and grow.

Upper management allows violation of HR issues and Equal Opportunity laws continuously. Upper management allows discrimination.
Quick paced
GOLF ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Biwabik, MNDecember 27, 2017
My typical day at work was very quick paced, always doing something to keep you busy. I learned that being friendly and respectful is a big part of this job.
Pros
discounts and free golf
Cons
not enough hours at times
Fun high paced work place
Beverage Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harmony, FLDecember 27, 2017
This was my favorite job. Going in early to stock beverage cart and make rounds on the course. Customer liaison was important. Friendly staff & management made for great days.
Pros
Free lunch
what's not to like
Outside Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Berlin, MDDecember 20, 2017
2 golf courses. A caring accommodating boss the only problem is it is seasonal. The only thing I would change about it is the weather, which plays a major role in the general scope of outdoor activities.