Tropic Supply, Inc. Employee Reviews

I really like working for tropic because this company giving me a chance to learn more ideas about becoming a store owner to sale my own air condition
Receiving Clerk/ Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2019
It's a great working environment that teach you everything you need to know about the air conditioning business and more it also gives you a break down on all the air conditioning parts that's compatible with each units that's a combination with a property.
Pros
Overtime weekly earnings
Cons
Working on the weekends
Just the right fellow employees mixed together for the right team.
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 27, 2018
One of the best company's I have ever worked for from the owner to human resources, to our mangers, the staff was pair to the best players out there.like winning the superbowl.
Pros
Knowing at the end of the day you satisfied all needs of the people that came to you each day.
Cons
Benefits changed each year having to change plans exhausted at end of day
Go somewhere else
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2018
Stressful job, little to no training. Confusing moves by management. Worked too many hours. Stabbed in the back at every turn by fellow employees. The only good thing is that they paid well.
Pros
Pay
Great place to work!
Miami, Florida Counter Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2018
Its a big private corporation but it feels like a big family. Great working environment, great benefits, fun people.

All the stores are connected and you can work from another without any issue.
Great reliable come any to work for.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Lots of hours
Fsst Pace Work Enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2018
-Assemby Line

-Packing\Boxes

-Stocking

-Print Labels

-Unloading Trucks

The Job was very simple the manager was nice. The job is very easy going And Is a good workplace.
I started when company was small so it was easy to manage the accounts payable process.
Accounts Payable Clerk, and receptionist. (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2017
When the company started to expand they did not up-grade to a computer system , I was using the peg- board system to process over 300 checks a month by hand , also i was responsible for managing the variance report everyday as well as closing the books, and balancing all journals{ ,accts.payable} at the end of every month. this was very tedious but i will say i learned a lot.My controller was a perfectionist so i learned to become on too.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
old a/p system and ordering
Fun and productive place to work
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 22, 2017
Very fun and energetic place to work. The management team there is very nice, friendly, and family oriented. All of my co workers are good spirited and like to have a good time at work.
the company was a air condition family business
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 1, 2017
I was employed at this company for 6 months through a temp service. Also I was much younger and did not have much work experience. At the time the company did not have growth within and was not what I wanted.
Great place to work and grow. Very Family Oriented
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 7, 2016
Tropic Supply is a great place to work and grow in both, your personal and professional life. Tropic Supply has given me multiple opportunities to learn and grow in my career. If you are willing to work hard and learn, you will have lots of opportunity to advance. I knew nothing about the HVAC industry when I started, but I was given the chance to learn and attend training sessions and learn more about the business. Tropic Supply wants to promote from within as much as possible. Tropic has continually grown as a business every year and new opportunities are always opening up for people that want to grow in their career. They are also a very family friendly atmosphere and truly do care about every team member. They are a family owned business and every team member is treated like family.
Pros
Opportunities for growth and development. Family friendly
A great place to start but don't stay long!
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJuly 16, 2016
Tropic is a great place to learn the business! They sell almost everything and you will learn the business, but not because they teach you. You have to pay attention. Learn everything you can and move on! You'll never be a manager! That's for the good old boys.

Excellent benefits! Bad leadership! A foot in the door of the HVAC business. You decide, but watch your back. They will drop you like a hot potato! Unless you a good old boy.
Pros
You'll learn everthing!
Cons
Bad leadership and silly policys and no job security.
Official response from Tropic Supply, Inc.
August 12, 2016

I am sorry to hear your personal employment experience with the company was less than 100% positive. Tropic Supply is firmly committed to fostering and maintaining a great work environment conducive to the on-going personal and professional development of all team members.

The majority of team members have been with the company for over 5+ years. All of the Resource Center Managers (including the current Director of Operations), have been promoted from within, the majority of which started in a counter sales professional position. Additionally, since the company's inception (which dates back to the 1970's), they have never laid off or reduced the hours of a team member for "lack of business" or a "poor economy".

Our core values, which consists of: Trust, Relationships, Ownership, Positive Attitude and Integrity, govern our behavior and actions each and every day. It is how we operate internally and with our customers.

As such, we are always striving to improve. If you are interested, I would certainly like to learn more about your experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
The Director of Human Resources
Tropic Supply, Inc.

Busy environment, most staff are easy-going, while some are emotional
Counter Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 14, 2015
Overall experience at Tropic Supply was grand. It really helped introduce me to the way things are run here in South Florida.
Pros
Pto, Paid health insurance coverage by company
Cons
Very inflexible schedule, some management is questionable
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2013
Development opportunity. Stable company. Great people to work for and work with.
very hot and busy enviroment
Warehouse Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 12, 2013
worked this job for about 8 months, adapted very well to the computer system . was working in the warehouse ,with shipping and receiving and inventory control. Was also the main delivery driver putting in approx. 200 to 400 miles a day. Being that fl. is a right to work state they never told me the reason for not needing my services. Was a bad time (Christmas ) , Had just had a managers and customer review and it was very good with no issues.
Productive and friendly employers/employees
Data Entry Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2013
My job was data entry and part time receptionist. I learned how to work within a team. Management was great and I got along with all co-workers.
Pros
Management and co-worker friendly
Tropic Review
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 28, 2013
Analyze customer needs and select proper systems or repair parts for refrigeration/air conditioning systems including commercial and residential applications. Design walk-in coolers/freezer from the ground up including the box and any refrigeration requirements. Answer questions about issues and service from customers regarding equipment from various manufacturers. Handle warranties and update data base. Interface with large manufacturers including RUUD, Russell, Heatcraft, Copeland, and Tecumseh.
Pros
parts and equipment at cost and up to 5 hours of overtime each week
Cons
10 hour days standing in 1 place
Human Resource Generalist/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMarch 9, 2013
Tropic Supply is a family oriented environment that embraces work life balance
Pros
company is progressively growing
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
A very pleasant work place
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMarch 23, 2012
AC WHOLESALE TO CONTRACTORS,WARRANTY PROCESS, ORDER ENTRY,•your co-workers 200 CO-WORKERS IN COMPANY VERY HELPFULL, •the most enjoyable part of the job; HELPING PEOPLE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tropic Supply, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.