TROPICANA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Tropicana a good company to grow and excel your career
general cleaning, operator ll (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 18, 2018
A typical work day for me would be sure to check all machine/systems to be sure everything is ready for use for my shift and log into system. Then I would wait for loads to come in and once loads are in I would then, hook hose to the tanker and i would either load/ unload for juice. Working night shift I would be considered self supervised. What I would say was a bit difficult about my job at tropicana was connecting valves to tanks to load juice into trucks. Being able a team player with my fellow coworkers and management team.
Pros
Being able to supervise myself during my shift and getting job completed in a timely manner.
Cons
Forced to work 16 hour shifts and seniority.
Good place to work but doesn't pay enough
Marketing Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 18, 2018
One department but you get trained to work in a few different places. You work at the promo booth mostly but also get trained to work at the 2 VIP lounges and the buses area.
Pros
One hours paid break, paid time off depending on how many hours you work even if only PT
productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 8, 2018
it a great day I love it so much. everyone is my friend and the pay is great and I like fixing the machines at the casino. I meet crazy fun people and it amazing.
Pros
pay
Cons
pay
Excellent work environment
Contract Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 22, 2018
This was an very good and challenging opportunity to contribute to the creative team with my graphic design skills. Learned various aspects of marketing concepts and how convey them through visual designs. Strengthened my communication skills.
fast paced environment with many technical challenges
Line mechanic for juice extractor and finishers (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLApril 19, 2018
Tropicana was a good company the work was seasonal it was a union based company with decent benefits but long hours during the season and no weekends off
Pros
good work
Cons
pay not suitable for the cost of living and only seasonal
Route Sales
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2018
Typical route sales job. long hours, no management support.

You work 5/6 days a week. with heavy lifting. There was always more to do and you would run out of products.

Work culture was very diverse and at times this was an issue.

Tropicana is owned by PepsiCo, a lot of upper management.to try and please.
Dsd
Traditional & Alternate Distribution Development (Former Employee) –  Mid-AtlanticFebruary 24, 2018
Long Hours, Good Starting point for entry level food business distribution business. Excellent Brands with growth potential. Be prepared for politics if you want to survive.
Fun and active
Ice Cream Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2018
starting the day I cleaning and organized around the store. I was responsible for having everything ready for customers. I also had to stay alert for customers and be ready to attend them as well as prepare their goods and charged them. Throughout the day I had to keep everything nice and clean and keep attending customers. By the end of the day I had to clean tables, supplies, and registers. As well as keep the floors cleaning for the next day.
Pros
No uniforms
Cons
short breaks
No time off
Trades 37 operator mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 16, 2018
No work life balance. Union atmosphere hurts more than it helps...And company doesn't care about the employees.Youre just a number.. You get reprimanded if you have an accident...
Pros
good pay
Cons
no time off
good job
Mechanic/Operator (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Good job but only benefits are good pay and health and paid time off. Owned by Pepsico. Union shop. Management are two faced, and slowly taking any extras away from people there. Example, no bonuses, nothing around holidays, any other extras that most places offer.
Pros
Pretty easy work
Cons
Management will try anything to get rid o f you. If youre low senority, youll be working a lot of hours

Want to know more about TROPICANA?

Ask a question
Challenging and sales
RSR Driver (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Start early in the morning load my van check that everything is in order then I go out and start my route every day is different , I get to my first stop I go in put a order to gather go back to the van pick the cases I need and go deliver them and in some stops I also put the order for the next week. At the end of the day I put all my invoices together and make sure money total matches with my handheld total then I close my day. Going out every week I learned every week is different and having a good communication with the store leader you have better sales , I had the best management they help you in everything you need always keep you up date in every sales that are coming. Every employee had a good and open attitude and communication, Tryin to make a exact order the custumer needs is the hardes part of the job. Been out in the road and meeting new people every day is the best part of the job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
going in to the sprinter vans limited the amount of produc
Typical day
In-Room Dining Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 14, 2018
I worked back of the house as room service cashier/ order taker. Easy going day, loved the staff, I also got along with all coworkers they made the shift breeze on by.
Pros
Hour breaks, and plenty of down time
Cons
When there was a call out you would be stuck working.
coworkers
Hotel Operations - Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 8, 2018
we know how to work together and help each other as needed to get the job done. we see each other every day and we know what needs to get done on our shift.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
short staff
Always enjoy coming to work, great employees to work with, managers always there when you need them
Barista/Fountain Worker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2018
Management is wonderful ,and the employees that I work with are great people. No drama. Doesn't get busy everyday. I are steady and get busy during lunch or breakfast. There is always enough people working with you so you don't feel overwhelmed.
Pros
Discount, Hour lunch break, Flexible hours
An overall great place to work.
MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLDecember 30, 2017
A typical day is pretty long but you'll learn a lot quickly because of the hours. Also, most of the day to day issues are relatively routine- so if you have a great memory of how pass issues were resolved, you'll have no problem fitting in and firefighting problems. As for the work culture, no one is really involved in anything. Everyone sort of does their job and goes home ... then repeat, repeat, repeat.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Work culture
Not paid enough for the work done
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City NJNovember 9, 2017
Housekeeping at Tropicana pays 9.50 an hour and it is very hard work. Overtime is mandatory and they tell u the morning of that there is overtime e and you don't know what time you will be leaving until they say go home.
Supervisor are so unprofessional and speak to people like they are dogs and treat them like children.
Employees are underappreciated and they manage with fear. They make it like you are supposed to fear the higher up supervisors
Pros
Free Lunch
Terrible
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 26, 2017
I worked at the front desk and it was great at first because management knew what they were doing. After 2 managers left, everything went south. I do not recommend working at the front desk whatsoever
Pros
Free pizza every now and then
Cons
Management, Mandatory OT, Long Hours, Stand All Day, Rude Guests
Tropicana Orange Juice
Packaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLOctober 23, 2017
Tropicana was a great place to work. At the time I was employed there it was a very faced paced interesting job. The manufacturing plant is attached so it was easy to get project done in a timely manner.
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2017
Typical day at work included calling on 10 or more existing customers, make an order to restock, and converse with individuals to gain trust and accountability. Cold calling on potential customers was done through out the day.
It was very stressful and management was not organized
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 6, 2017
They are more for the company and not the employees. They let me go after 34 years when I got injured instead of find a position that i could perform. And they are fighting me on my disability. You work your butt off for the company and get ran over in the end.