Troutman Sanders LLP Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to grow as an associate
Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2018
I started my legal career here. While I left for what I thought were greener pastures, in hindsight it really was a wonderful place to practice. Ultimately I left because I thought what I wanted I couldn't find at Troutman, but after 20 years of practice I wonder if I would have been better served staying at Troutman and trying other practice areas. Good lawyers come out of Troutman, better than a lot of bigger name, bigger city firms.
Beautiful building and fun work enviroment
DEDICATED SERVICE DESK ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
The home office for Troutman Sanders is in the Bank of America plaza in Atlanta, Georgia. We recently changed floors to ones that were recently renovated which gives the work environment a positive boost. I like that the location is located across the street from the train station.
Professional Working Environment
Staff Attorney (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 11, 2018
Troutman provides a casual and professional working environment. It is a high paced law firm; however the attorneys are congenial and attentive. The staff is welcoming and assertive.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
difficult management structure
Document Review
Document Review Attorney (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2018
This was one of my first jobs after law school. I appreciate the experience and hoped to stay a little longer that I did. Unfortunately, it was a contract position.
Average
Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 10, 2018
The attorneys are great to work with. The management tends to drift awaybfrom real conflicts and doesn’t want to listen to concerns. When all working as a team the team is great.
Pros
Attorneys are great
Terrible culture and management
Complex Litigation Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
The management and culture of the firm were terrible. A good friend of mine is a superstar lawyer and she was pushed out of the firm because of politics and sexism.
Here everyone is very helpful and friendly. I have made such beautiful relationships here. Like everything about this company.
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2018
To start with, the most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are an employee. It feels like a family. Work is good and great seniors to guide. You feel you are in safe hands.
Management: Starting with the million dollar smile HR, she is an amazing person. Not sure how she manages to make sure each of us is being noticed, acknowledged, appreciated. Best HR I have ever worked considering my experience with previous 3 companies. She is fun loving and full of energy.
Talking about our head, he is very friendly with everyone. He takes interest and involvement in our career building. I was hesitant and scared when I joined as I found him bit strict as a manager but now I find him more as a friend. Other employees here are there to guide you through every single step. I feel fortunate to work with such amazing people. I discuss my office life with my friends and family too.
Pros
You will find every thing more than you imagine.
Cons
All basic need is given!!!!
Great Firm
Records Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30308December 20, 2017
Great Firm to work for. Management was helpful. Training was helpful and overall office site was relaxed. Firm treated employees fairly and showed constant appreciation to Employees
Pros
Benefits, Salary
Cons
Location - Warehouse
Great Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2017
Troutman Sanders is a great place to work. Very relaxed and rewarding. Lots of great staff appreciation events and networking events. I would definitely recommend it.
Not What You'd Expect
Presentation Design Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2017
The attorneys and upper management were phenomenal to work for and with. Bright, dedicated attorneys who treated employees fairly. The administrative staff (e.g. Business Development, etc.) were a bit self-serving with an inflated sense of worth.
good family atmosphere
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2017
Company is run from Atlanta, so that's a big part of the management style. Very little transparency. Very nice attorneys. Lack of resources to make big changes.
A fabulous firm that I felt good about; great coworkers and fulfilling work
Senior Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 22, 2017
Troutman Sanders has a strong belief in the effective representation of its clients. The company is deeply committed to transparency and hires staff and attorneys that carry the same commitment. Hardest part of the job was leaving for home every day because I really did love the work I did. Most enjoyable was the challenges I was given, and the fact that I was given much room for advancement and skill-building.
Pros
Workplace enjoyment, team culture and commitment to success.
Cons
Some struggles with copy center accuracy
Great place to work.
Legal Secretary/IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 10, 2017
Great place to work with great benefits and people. I was able to work with many great attorneys and do different types of work.
I was also an IT Analyst.
Pros
Working down town.
Cons
None.
E-Discovery Group Review
Conflicts Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 10, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the E-Discovery management, receiving their feedback on current litigation projects in addition to working with the E-Discovery ream.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Depending on where the attorneys are with a case it can be mundane at times.
Great friendly environment, felt like family
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Loved working at Troutman. It was my second family. I would still be there if I didn't have my son and want to be home with him. Would go back any day.
Large Law Firm in Richmond VA
Information Technology Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 21, 2016
Cut throat law firm of approximately 1100 in offices in the U.S. and abroad. There is nothing more important as the bottom line.
Productive work enviroment
Office Assistant (Temp Assignment ) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2015
I'm a person of Great expectations and I go above and beyond to ensure my job is done correctly and accurately. I always maintain a professional attitude and bring my best to my job daily.
Great Team Atmosphere
Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 16, 2015
I really loved all of the people that I worked for, including Partners, Associates. It was always a team atmosphere. I worked in two different departments so I was always constantly busy which I enjoyed and really loved coming to work everyday.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Lack of advancement
Excellent Place to Work
Floater Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Excellent place to work. Very, very busy. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment. Manager and co-workers are awesome!
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2014
Great team of administrative staff and solid attorney workforce

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Troutman Sanders LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

Troutman Sanders LLP Reviews by Location