Troy University Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Talk of Troy Presenter (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALFebruary 5, 2019
The UNiversity Group Home allowed me to further my knowledge of working with adolescent girls while also using and continuing my education at the UNiversity's main campus.
Great University
Troy University Baseball Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJanuary 9, 2019
Troy University is a great University. They offer a wide verity of exposure to different cultures.The staff is extremely friendly. I enjoyed my time at Troy University.
Lack of leadership and training
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 24, 2018
I was hired to assist the site director but he left 3 weeks afterward. No one replaced him so I was alone to do a job I knew little about. Training was minimal and communication with the director was also minimal.
Pros
I worked part time
Cons
Minimal training
Working with Troy University as a work study student was a great pleasure. It was no stress and they worked with me very well with getting my hours
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 24, 2018
It was a pleasure being a work study student with Troy University. They were very nice people and I learned a lot with them for my four years being in the same office.
Part time work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALOctober 16, 2018
I needed part time work cause I was on disability. The few hours allowed me to keep my disability payment will earning enough to provide a decent standard of living.
Part-time Lecturer (Former Employee) –  gieger gaSeptember 12, 2018
The organization performance is excellent. A good place for team work and advancement. Nice coworkers and conducive environment. A future place for research.
good
Cons
n/a
n/a
Library Assistant for Technical Services (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 11, 2018
Typical work day is mixed. Some hectic days. Some days with down time. Pleasant coworkers and respectful work environment. Hardest part of the job is trying to assist grouchy students. Best part of the job is helping someone who is grateful.
Small Town
Academic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALAugust 20, 2018
Troy University is a good place to work if you enjoy the small town feel. Its a small college with a hometown feel, but they are not interested in moving forward or keeping up with current issues or trends.
Great company but horrible boss.
Rather not say (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 26, 2018
Troy University was a great company to work for. However, my manager at the time of my employment was a nightmare. I felt under appreciated and never paid what I truly deserved,
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
Management (at the time) and pay.
Loved working with the students
ENGLISH SECOND LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJuly 16, 2018
The students were a joy, and I enjoyed the helpful, collaborative environment among my peers. As an adjunct, I did not qualify for any benefits, so I'm not qualified to answer that.
Loved teaching
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJuly 13, 2018
I love Troy University both as a graduate, and as an employee. I had the best experiences there for the ten years I was employed. I only regret that they didn't hire me as a full-time employee.
Student Services Counselor (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at Troy University. Dealing with faculty and students and learning about the diversity of people in our area was really interesting.
Productive and learning
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 15, 2018
Another perk of becoming a resident advisor is being able to include this position on your resume. A resident advisor has to possess many admirable skills that employers desire such as having interpersonal skills, the ability to solve conflicts (big and small), being able to multitask, manage time efficiently, be relatable, and so much more. It is a great job to help you build those skills and give you a leg up when it comes time to start your career after graduation.
I was a student
Human Resource Management Internship (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJune 3, 2018
I do not know why I have to give a review of this University as a company, because I was a student and did not work there. I can not skip this section though
Loved my job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMay 8, 2018
I would love to go back to work for this company but I have moved on but I worked for this company for 18 years and no regrets
I miss it all the time but like I said I have moved on
Pros
Students there watching them from the time they walked into the doors until they graduated loved it
Cons
Jobs that are going online where a person loses the job due to technology
Friendly environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALMay 6, 2018
This was a great place to work as a student worker. The people in the office are very nice. It felt like a big work family. The environment in the office is great.
Very relaxed and collaborative
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 2, 2018
This position is very relaxed. You are expected to be self-motivated. Management is not over your shoulder but does collaborate with you/value your opinion.
Full time secretary
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 26, 2018
Responsibilities far outweighed pay. Expectations were to assist all areas within the department anywhere from office supplies, marketing, human resource, to general secretarial services.
Pros
Working with international students
Cons
Poor pay for responsibilities
Work study for Mathematics Department
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 18, 2018
I enjoy being a work study in the Math department. I have made a few friends that also enjoy what I enjoy. I also enjoy gaining the experience and having the opportunity to tutor students in Math. In my free time with no students to tutor, I am allowed to work on homework - which helps a lot as a full time Math major.
Productive Environment to Learn
Reporter/Anchor/Producer (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 2, 2018
My job consisted of reporting, anchoring and producing the weekly newscasts for TROY TrojanVision Nightly News. I was able to cover news and sports stories around the Troy University campus, and I had the incredible opportunity to learn from the best journalism professors in the country.