Troy University Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Productive and learning
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 15, 2018
Another perk of becoming a resident advisor is being able to include this position on your resume. A resident advisor has to possess many admirable skills that employers desire such as having interpersonal skills, the ability to solve conflicts (big and small), being able to multitask, manage time efficiently, be relatable, and so much more. It is a great job to help you build those skills and give you a leg up when it comes time to start your career after graduation.
I was a student
Human Resource Management Internship (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJune 3, 2018
I do not know why I have to give a review of this University as a company, because I was a student and did not work there. I can not skip this section though
Friendly environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALMay 6, 2018
This was a great place to work as a student worker. The people in the office are very nice. It felt like a big work family. The environment in the office is great.
Very relaxed and collaborative
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMay 2, 2018
This position is very relaxed. You are expected to be self-motivated. Management is not over your shoulder but does collaborate with you/value your opinion.
Full time secretary
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 26, 2018
Responsibilities far outweighed pay. Expectations were to assist all areas within the department anywhere from office supplies, marketing, human resource, to general secretarial services.
Pros
Working with international students
Cons
Poor pay for responsibilities
Work study for Mathematics Department
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 18, 2018
I enjoy being a work study in the Math department. I have made a few friends that also enjoy what I enjoy. I also enjoy gaining the experience and having the opportunity to tutor students in Math. In my free time with no students to tutor, I am allowed to work on homework - which helps a lot as a full time Math major.
Productive Environment to Learn
Reporter/Anchor/Producer (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 2, 2018
My job consisted of reporting, anchoring and producing the weekly newscasts for TROY TrojanVision Nightly News. I was able to cover news and sports stories around the Troy University campus, and I had the incredible opportunity to learn from the best journalism professors in the country.
Great Place to Work
Work Study Student Administrative Assistants (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMarch 27, 2018
I have earned my degree from Troy and I have enjoyed the work environment. Troy is a place where you can earn a quality degree and the work environment is pleasant.
Pros
Off at pm on Fridays
Cons
Registration can be busy
Childcare Worker
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Troy, AlabamaMarch 24, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Troy University Group Home. The work was rewarding and fun. Being able to hopefully make a difference in the life of a troubled teen is always beneficial.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
I love teaching students from other schools
Spanish Teacher (online) (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 20, 2018
I love teaching online because it gives me the opportunity to reach students outside of my school and my city! It also gives them an opportunity to take a class that is not offered at their school. It also gives them control of their education.
Pros
Online access to courses
Cons
lack of technology
The department that I worked with was great, but...
Secretary College of Education (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 20, 2018
Working for Troy University was not a terrible place to work for. If I had to go back, I would, but while I was there, they had to justify my job a lot. That was stressful for me. So, I eventually had to find something else because I just couldn't handle the stress of that and there was really no way for me to move up.
Full time graduate student working on degree in Kinesiology
Strength & Conditioning Specialist Internship (Former Employee) –  Troy, Alabama 36081March 18, 2018
Appreciated the opportunity to work with college athlete's and students as intern and as volunteer strength & conditioning specialist. As a graduate teaching assistant in the Kinesiology/Exercise Science department I was afforded the opportunity to teach Fitness for Life I & Fitness for Life II for two semesters. Overall experience working with the students was very rewarding and educational for myself. I feel that I learned and grew as a student and as an educator.
Pros
Interaction with students and faculty
Cons
parking
Fun place to work
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAMarch 14, 2018
data entry, managing the office, scheduling and making meetings, taking notes, video conference set up, COMP examiner.Good staff and peaceful enviroment.
Pros
8-5 Monday thru Friday
Cons
Sometimes weekend work
Great place to work.
Lecturer (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALMarch 2, 2018
It is a great place to work. It is a very collaborative and positive environment to work in. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with staff and students.
Great Place to work
Area Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2018
I been here for 5.5 years and I love working here people are friendly and the most enjoyable part of the day is getting that student who never thought they could earn a degree into school and seeing them complete their degree.
Pros
Good Pay
Relaxed, easy going
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALFebruary 19, 2018
Loved Troy, great place to live and work. Moved with my fiancee to Tallahassee to finish school, otherwise I would have stayed at Troy. I had a work study position at this University.
Good experience in Higher Education
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 16, 2018
This has been an rewarding and exciting experience in my career.
A great opportunity to further your education, learn of various degree programs, interact with corporate, faculty and Military Staff on a regular basis. Enabled me to understand more of the role of anyone in Higher Ed.
productive
Family Nurse Practitioner Student (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALFebruary 10, 2018
great place. nice environment. great place to study. comfortable environment. stressful at times. great instructors. multiple resources available. flexible hours.
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GaFebruary 7, 2018
Good supervisors, positive people. I learned the general operations of college clerical duties. Management is great. Mixed cultures. Hardest part of the job was enrollment times. Easiest part of the job was keeping organized.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Changed site directors often
Highly educating
Promotions Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJanuary 31, 2018
A great higher institution of learning

Learned a tremendous amount of about journalism, communications, and public relations.

A great place to meet influential people