TRU VUE Employee Reviews

Fast paced but friendly workplace
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNMay 9, 2018
A typical day here I would clock in at least a minute early, and get to the meeting room before 6am, we would have our daily stretches and the supervisor and others would go over performance, quality issues, and etc. we would then begin working at 6:30 to relieve the night shift. Usually, we would be assigned to a certain station and rotate 4 times a day every 3 hours. The culture of the workplace was good overall people could have some fun while working hard because we had to work together. Management usually did a good job of keeping production going well and fixing problems, but sometimes treated production workers poorly. Hardest part of the job was in high stress situations when corporate was rushing to get a project done and they were putting a lot of pressure on us we could make no mistakes but had to move very fast at the same time. Overall I learned how to focus better and be more proficient in my work ethic.
Pros
Nice lunchroom, job security, work with hands, work in teams
Cons
unpaid lunch, strenuous work, very fast paced
Great place to work, great people to work with
Production (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNMarch 20, 2017
Tru Vue has great people to work with. The problem solving is done with a group to better understand the problem and brainstorm solutions, especially on weekends when managers are off. It is very fast paced. Tru Vue is an organization that does always look for continuous improvement ideas. Management listens to concerns and works toward solutions.
Pros
Production works only 13 days a month with full pay and benefits
Cons
Small organization, limited advancement opportunities
Productive and fun place to work
Robotic Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 26, 2018
I loved work for Tru Vue, Inc as a Robotic Technician. The experience of working with the people, and machinery at the company was rewarding. I learned how to program robots better. How to handle tools more effectively. Everyone at Tru Vue, Inc were very friendly, and always ready to lend you a helping hand with anything. The hardest part of the job was building workstations for the robots that the company wanted to put in place, but it was the most enjoyable as well. Tru Vue, Inc was a great glass fabrication company to work for.
Pros
Working with robots and tools, the people
I really liked my boss
Executive Assistant to President (Former Employee) –  Countryside, ILJanuary 14, 2018
I looked forward to going to work. I really liked my boss, I liked the different challenges I had daily. Everyone I worked with was great, not much down time.
Unhealthy Workplace Culture
Etch Line Technician (Current Employee) –  McCook, ILApril 19, 2017
The general attitude in the production plant is that everyone is lazy and doesn't do their job properly, this passes on to management and opinions are quickly made with little follow through.
Great place to get your feet wet in warehouse work
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNNovember 16, 2016
Typical day includes meetings at shift change, then assignments and work. If in process, your duties will include design control, scanning samples, and running coater.
Pros
paid holidays, and decent benefits
Cons
working nights has no support from dayshift support staff.
great place
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Faribault, MNSeptember 24, 2017
great people and relaxing at times. Best boss that you could ask for only negative is the working hours and the off setting work days. Overall a great place.
Pros
great people
Cons
work hours
Worst factory ever
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNFebruary 1, 2017
Its a clean well kept factory but night shift is mean and they make the temps do everything. Company people dont have to work as hard as temps. I got let go there because my boss matt cake told temp agency i held up the line for 45 minutes and i didnt. He just didnt like me we didnt click.. you only get 3 breaks and no one comes around and even asks you if you have to go to the bathroom.. the samalion men would harrass me all night not fun place to work it all. Didnt enjoy it.
Pros
Rotating weekends off
Cons
Short breaks, no bathroom breaks
Stop making me complete reviews for these companies.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 8, 2017
Indeed is starting to get frustrating with this as they make these reviews required. I haven't worked for this company in over 10 years. My position there doesn't even exist any longer as a job title. A review is pointless.
Loved My Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 20, 2015
Loved being a CSR rep for Tru Vue Glass. Easy to love what you do when you can fully stand behind an exceptional product.

Only wish they hadn't closed their office in Tempe, AZ. Wish that I could work for them still.
Most unorganzied company I've worked for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2015
Did not like working for this company at all. Boss was mean. It was an industrial environment. No one to train me on what to do and how to do it.
Pros
close to home
Cons
short breaks if any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TRU VUE. Our community is ready to answer.