Truckee Meadows Community College Employee Reviews

Loved teaching
American Sign Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  various classrooms each semesterNovember 3, 2019
No support from Department head. At this time She was trying to eliminate ASL classes focusing on growing the Spanish program.
Absolutely no communication or feedback as to why I was removed from the class schedule book. Students came to me very upset and there was nothing I could do about it.
This is a school
Stage Crew (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 29, 2019
I'm not sure why it's being listed as a job, I went to school here. It technically qualifies as production experience, which is why it's listed on my resume.
Rewarding and Relaxed Environment helping students achieve
Tutor/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 27, 2019
TMCC is a great place to work. The staff and management are very helpful and informative. Everyone is working with the same goal in mind, to help students excel and achieve.
relaxed and reliable environment
Maintenance Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 23, 2019
TMCC is a very relaxed environment with all duties placing students as the number 1 priority. There is a cafeteria which is good for lunches and all your tools as a maintenance tech are provided. you have sufficient time to complete your work orders and other techs are very friendly.
Pros
cafeteria and good energy among employees
Cons
low pay and questionable management
Excellent educational institution.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Teacher (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 8, 2019
This is an excellent place to work and forge professional relationships in the educational field. For teachers just starting out in the field, it is a supportive environment in which to gain experience.
Tmcc
Academic Asst (Former Employee) –  TMCC Dandini Main CampusAugust 8, 2019
Great profesional experience. I enjoyed the clerical position that was a main department for the entire college. I loved the convince of being able to work where I was attending school.
Great for a dependent student
IT Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 14, 2019
Loved this job and still seeing if I can go back to work there again. Note, you start with a decent pay here and it doesn't have any type of insurance for a student so this is more of an experience building for this career path if IT is what you choose to do.
Great place
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 22, 2019
TMCC was my first job as a writing tutor. TMCC was a fantastic place to work. I had a great manager. The students were easy to work with and the center was a very relaxed place to learn for both myself and students.
Not the worst as a student worker
TECH SUPPORT, TMCC HELP DESK (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 8, 2019
This is a place that wants you to build your skills on your own time so they can pay you the same for more and more work. Some of the higher ups know what they're doing, several do not.
Productive and fun workplace with a ping-pong table
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 18, 2019
TMCC is a very relaxed work environment, where the staff is treated fairly. It encourages you to step outside of your comfort zone and learn new things. I learned more about grammar by working with students who were not native learners than I had in years of school. The bosses are amazing, and they frequently facilitate team building activities. A typical day at work involves working with students on anything from help reading and understanding to teaching students techniques for editing essays.
Pros
Works around student schedule, willing to accomodate short notice absences, friendly staff.
Cons
Administrative pressures.
Support for part time faculty is hit and miss
Adjunct Faculty (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 10, 2019
Adjunct Faculty perform the same teaching chores that full time faculty do but receive a fraction of the pay. TMCC does do a pretty good job supporting adjunct faculty but it can be spotty. The support staff themselves are great and want to work with you. Lots of training available for part timers. As long as you do your job, management will leave you alone although part timers are encouraged to participate in campus life as much as they like. The campus itself is in a beautiful setting with great vistas.
Excellent School for business
Business Student (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 9, 2018
Excellent School for business. Highly recommended for career advancement. Excellent student service and support. Please consider going there if you live in the Reno/Sparks area!
Great part-time place to work
Fitness and Nutrition Instructor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 20, 2018
Great place to work part-time. Enjoy teaching students necessary fitness skill. Able to get take classes as part of benefits is a big plus. Great fitness facility and equip. Nice area for outside fitness classes.
Pros
Can take classes and use fitness facility.
Cons
Parking can be a challege.
Good environment
Student (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 22, 2018
I am currently a student attending Truckee Meadows Community College. In my opinion I think the people are good to be around. It has been a positive education/environment.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 15, 2018
Great experience. Would go back to take further classes. Worked around my schedule and were very helpful. Had to take the tests on campus but that was the least convenient thing.
Great college
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 25, 2018
TMCC was a tough school when I went there, in the area it had the best rating and it's nurses were well prepared for hospital nursing duties. I graduated with honors
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
No leeway. I had a family member die and couldn't get a break
It was great
Certified Part Time Instructor Training (Former Employee) –  TMCCMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed the experience, I love teaching, I love learning, and TMCC is supportive of both instructors and students. I opted for more training and I was supported in this opportunity.
Small town college
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 30, 2018
Friendly teachers. Fun classes. Weather was quite a problem durning the winter. I quite enjoyed all the different types of people on campus as well as the staff.
Summary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 25, 2018
Was a very fun working environment with wonderful coworkers. Help was available when asked. Learned how to be more comfortable talking on the phone, as well as learned new systems. Felt rewarded when you were able to help out a customer to make applying for college and figuring out a life path seem so much easier. The hardest part of the job was starting out and trying to learn everything, but training helped with that.
Pros
Flexibile schedule, great hours, great supervisors, learned useful admin skills.
Cons
No full time or overtime available
Great work place.
Student Ambassador/GEAR UP Mentor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 16, 2018
TMCC was a fun place to work for. Staff was always very friendly and easy to talk to. It has been one of the best companies I have ever worked with. Flexible with school schedule, would work there again if I could.