True Food Kitchen Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No thank you
server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2018
manager(s) verbally abusive. very small sections which prevents you from making all that you could as a server. Definite favoritism. It's not the WORST place to work but you definitely have to have extremely tough skin to deal with management.
Quick Paced! Great Company!
To-Go Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 13, 2018
I've been working at True food for about two months. I really do love this job so far. I work as a to-go specialist. I don't make too much money, but my location has just opened so hopefully, it picks up! Management is amazing at my location. I've learned how to deal with stressful work situations, serving etiquette, and endless food knowledge. Great balance of work and life. Management truly cares if you are doing well. They are always there to help. The hardest part of the job is immature co-workers, but you have to deal with that everywhere. The best part of my job is being a part of the true food culture! It isn't very stressful most days, but weekend nights are kinda rough. I would totally recommend applying!
Pros
uniform is kinda cute, management, discounts, great company
Cons
cattiness, stressful sometimes, low hours
Fun environment and wonderful food
Sustainable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 10, 2018
Learned about the anti inflammatory diet. Great family and team to be apart of. I enjoyed meeting so many different guests. Developed strong customer service skills. Wished the company was more sustainable with reducing it's ecological footprint.
avoid working as a hostess here
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2018
I was hired here as a hostess and it was terrible; min wage and no tips, management all on different pages (one was extremely rude, unfair and condescending), a lot of customers who felt very entitled, a really stupid dress code that only applies to hostesses, 4-5 hours shifts 3 times a week, and no meals during shifts. My training was inefficient, I showed up for my first day and just observed another hostess working for an hour because no one was there to train me. Nice coworkers were literally the only good thing about this job. A lot of people I met said they were quitting soon because of a turnover in management. I think working here as a server would be worth it, but avoid unless you already have significant restaurant experience. There are so many restaurants in San Diego where hostesses actually make tips, find somewhere else to work.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
no tips, dumb dress code, rude managment
inclusive and productive work environment
server (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 6, 2018
Learned a lot about quality customer service and hospitality. Learned proper table service and steps of service. General manager was knowledgable about restaurant but was not very easy to work under. Coworkers were very eager to help team members.
Pros
35% discount off food
Cons
management
Good people to work with
Pastry Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 20, 2018
true foods is a good place to go & eat but not to work I was promised 1 thing and given another there as far as pay & hours but you will learn a lot from them but some of the management is unfriendly, rude, and vindictive and some isn't
Fast paced and potential to earn
Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2018
Quick money, but you earn every penny. Lots of sidework, lots of customer requests. Big, busy work environment. Can be very enjoyable if you work with an enjoyable staff. Every day was different.
Good food
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2018
Management sucks and money is inconsistent. Unorganized and requires so much extra work for the servers that is not beneficial to us. No opportunity to move forward.
Loved it here! The only reason I left is I moved
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 8, 2018
Great job experience. Phenomenal food, great work environment, and great location. I would definitely go back as a guest or an employee if I hadn't moved away.
Great food with great atmosphere.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  FlJuly 3, 2018
Management not that great, barely any hours, high expectations, competitive pay, not everyone is honest, food is not discounted 50% only 35%, the atmosphere is nice and pretty with lively music, sometimes it gets really loud and people are super picky where they want to be seated.
Pros
Discount on food, making friends, pretty environment
Cons
Management, scheduling, rude people, small food discount
Excellent culture, lots of advancement opportunities
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 28, 2018
Definitely a fast paced restaurant, which I love because I’m the type of person who wants to work hard, stay busy and make money. Managers genuinely care about you and support you. Always gave time off when requested. Delicious food but you do only get 35% off but that includes up to six people if you dine in on your day off!
Pros
Great coworkers, healthy work environment
Cons
Only 35% off meal when working
great place to work but you do a lot of the side-word
Server (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 24, 2018
it's an awesome place to work and it depends on the hours you work. you can walk home one day with 100-200$ per shift on good days and on bad days you can make barely 20$.
Pros
culture, friends
Cons
hourly rate
Productive learning environment
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2018
Great place to work. Learn about healthy alternatives to typical fast food options. Though it is a busy work environment, team work accomplishes the goals.
Pros
Cons
Lots of dishes
True food
Lead Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 8, 2018
Great place for advancement in the culinary industry. The managers and chefs help and teach their employees as much as they can. Everyone gets a 30-minute free lunch.
Fun work environment
Prep Lead/Line Cook/Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
I really enjoyed my job at true food kitchen. I liked everything about the menu, I enjoyed what I did from prep to working the line and traveling as a corporate trainer.
True Food Review
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 4, 2018
Working at True Food Kitchen was an experience of a lifetime. It was the fastest paced kitchen I had ever worked in which enhanced my own personal speed and efficiency as a cook. True Food Kitchen was also the very first scratch kitchen I hd ever worked in which which made me more knowledgeable as a cook. it was a pleasure working there.
Pros
fast-paced, Culinary based
Too much work. No help
Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 20, 2018
Good luck working here. Pastry position. They overwork you with no help. No back up. No one supervising the ones that need to be supervised. They have you doing other non pastry things so puts you even further behind too. Management pretty much tells you to deal with it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks. No help poor management
Its a great place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2018
Their were good people their.no health insurance,no pay raisesi.its at Lenox mall.i did prep,stocked the freezer .The only thing I hate was when they cut the hours back on us.Other than that I would have still been their.
Pros
Free lunches were given
Cons
No heath insurance, no pay raises.
Great entery level place with room to grow within company
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  pheonix, azMarch 12, 2018
This is a great place to work if you are just starting out in your culinary career. You will gain knowledge in kitchen and they are eger to help you grow within the company.
Pros
Free lunches, great fellow coworkers
Cons
fair management, no left time for real life if you are good at your job, they will suck you dry
Great Concept and Food
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2018
The food is what attracted me to the concept. Beyond the unique cuisine it is a typical full-service operation. I would recommend this company to a friend, while making them aware that the position can be extremely stressful and demanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at True Food Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight