True Homes Employee Reviews

Decent Work Environment
NEW HOME SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2019
Overall it is a decent work place. Some of the expectations can be a bit unrealistic and they don't always set their employees up for success. Working every weekend can get to you after a while and burn you out.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Working every weekend can burn you out
Fun, enjoyable
Builder Assistant/Field Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 16, 2018
I had a great time working with two different markets when led with true homes. The south market and west market treated me awesome and I felt like I was at home with a family
Pros
Softball tournament
Cons
Travel
No work / life balance and poor management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 22, 2018
Pros: Great price point in Charlotte market making the homes more affordable to a larger segment of home buyers in the market. Flexible home plans to allow for minor customizations. Commission plan for sales team is generous.

Cons: Management is not accessible for the most part. They make promises they never deliver. The “culture” is one of tow the line and don’t ask questions. I laugh when I see / hear True Homes mention their “culture”. You will NEVER get a weekend off and the two days off during the week are never truly off - you are expected to be available to customers 7 days a week for 10-12 hrs per day leaving much to be desired of the home / work life balance promised. Benefits are available but are expensive with high deductibles rendering it virtually useless. Things aren’t as promised! You can make $100k+ but you will never enjoy the fruits of your labor. This type of environment is stressful and you can achieve six figures in real estate without True Homes. My recommendation is to seek opportunity elsewhere.
Pros
Generous commission structure.
Cons
Management, no work / life balance, lackluster benefits, no support.
productive and fun
Licensed Real estate salesperson (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYAugust 16, 2018
I will always recommend True homes Inc. to any new agent or experience agent.
Awesome team work, and you will always be reproductive.
Hot leads buyers and sellers.
Review
HELPDESK ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Indian Trail, NCMay 11, 2018
True Homes was a good place to work, they give you alot of time off, but the benefits were unaffordable. The people were easy going. The servers and security needed some attention.
Pros
Cash perks
Benefits
stressful
Axle (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXMarch 21, 2018
this job is very stressful they not consterate if you hurt yourself on the job they have poor mangement skills and lack of communcation between staff and
August 16, 2018

True Homes USA is not located in Texas, we are a Carolina's based builder.

Family based professional environment
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 22, 2018
A typical day includes calling, emailing and sending letters to potential buyer. I also ensure clients information is received and follow-up notes are documented. The most important part of my job is making sure that I connect with the many personalities that come in my office ensuring that I treat them just as I would if they were my own family.
Pros
Helping families reach their goal
Cons
No benefits
January 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and review! It's great to hear this feedback and we thank you for your continued dedication to great service for our Clients. You're the first contact for many who interact with True Homes, and that positive interaction is valuable to who we are. Thank you again for your support and we wish you continued success in 2018! Here's to strong roots and abundant fruits!

Fun working atmosphere
Permit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCDecember 6, 2017
True Homes cares about it's employees. This company seeks first to understand before drawing a conclusion without first collaborating if necessary. I was never involved with working in Permits until I worked for True Homes. Amazing people.
Pros
Free Lunches and Employee Perks plus bonus package
Cons
Not enough people for one job.
December 11, 2017

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear that you've had a nice experience within True Homes and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Sincerely,
True Homes Recruiting

Wonderful Company to Work For
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCAugust 2, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone. The Executive team is awesome and all the associates are too. They are involved with their employees. Their customers and their employees are valued.
December 11, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to consistently striving to be uniquely exceptional in all we do at True. We are proud of our Sustainable Competitive Advantage (True Employees) and are grateful for all that each of you contribute.

good workplace if need it they will get it
Electrician--framer-wrecking crew-fence blder (Former Employee) –  judtin texasJuly 24, 2017
Looks out for you if having problems will help if possible. Paid lunch & 8 hr.work day.pay overtime' -time&ahalf. Flexible hrs.when needed. Will let you make-up time if you had to take off.if you have good idea to make job better or faster they aren't stuck on stupid.
Pros
paid lunch time provide watet & gaterade
Cons
no insurance
amazing company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2017
You work hard but the sales process is amazing and you have no reason not to sell.You can build broker relationships and cross sell. There is a draw and the benefits are very good.
Pros
leadership, great builders and floorplans
Cons
long long hours
Great corporate culture, people and place to work!
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMay 4, 2017
I know reviews from current employees may sound glowing too often but this really is a great place to work. The owners are fantastic, it's a sales job but it's a lot more of a family atmosphere than cutthroat competition, and you get to have such a positive impact on people's lives by helping them make one of the biggest decision's in a family's life! It's very rewarding but also really stressful at times if traffic is low or the market becomes constrained when it comes to land development, but all builders in Charlotte are having that issue right now. Over it's been one of my favorite companies to work for!
Pros
Bonuses, Gatherings/Monday meetings with free food, Great people
Cons
High stress at times, Corporate stretched thin to support sales teams
Great place to start
Project Manager/Personal Builder (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2016
Company is in the right track but has a long way to go. They want building homes to be a conveyor belt in a factory line which is very hard to accomplish in construction industry. Upper management is not understanding and all that they are worried about numbers. They start saying there will be balance between work and personal lift, but there aggressive schedule and high expectation make that unrealistic. There vendors are very cheap quality, 1 to 2 star quality at most, but they expect a 5 star quality home from builder.
Pros
Company outings, pay truck mileage
Cons
Lack of organization and realistic goals
Has good intentions lacks follow through
Permit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCFebruary 25, 2016
The owners are dedicated, but this does not trickle down throughout the company. Too many meetings, to allow managers to actually manage.
Pros
Christian company, faith driven
Cons
Talk of work life balance, little effort to make this possible.
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 29, 2015
I love my job with True Homes. Great sales and builders team here in Raleigh. Amazing atmosphere and really bright future.
Pros
Opportunity for more life
Cons
length between training classes
Awesome Sales Team
Sales (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2015
The sales team at True Homes is pretty awesome. I'm glad that I started working on my real estate license when I did because the money has been pretty amazing. I've been here just under a year. Training was great....really different from what I've experienced before. As a sales rep it's hard to find a company and sales team that's a fit for the long-term, but I think I've found it. Get your real estate license and go for it....best move I ever made.
Pros
Money
Cons
Weekend work, every single weekend
Company with Values and Morals
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 10, 2015
The mission of More Life reigns True at True Homes. The work environment here is industry leading within Production Home Building. A growing company that is focused on the homebuyer, their experience and all of us whom play an integral part in the overall process.
Pros
Upward advancement, Corporate culture
December 11, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We are so humbled that our Associates radiate our mission, vision, and culture - it's the true backbone of our organization.

If you feel inclined to spread our mission to those less fortunate during the holiday season, the True Foundation is a great way to involve our local community.

Best wishes,

Honesty, Integrity, More LIFE
Managing Partner (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 2, 2015
"The opportunity for more life." This statement rings true at True Homes. Since coming on board with this company I have experienced an open, welcoming, and honest culture with a family atmosphere. Having been in the building business for almost 20 years, I can say that this company tops the competition in almost every area.
Pros
Culture, salary range, people
If you want to work for an industry leader, True Homes is the place to be!
True Advisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2015
True now has 8 divisions throughout North and South Carolina, and even though we are all spread out, we all are one team and have the support of each other. Management is great, and really cares about developing me into a successful salesperson. Great benefits that start 30 days after being hired, and awesome bonuses and perks.
Pros
True Homes has an awesome set of values, beliefs, and culture. They are a transparent organization who values their people as human beings, and are not just a number.
Cons
Training in Charlotte for the first month was intense, but all came together in the beginning of week 2. Have to be open, and not close minded.
December 11, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear such a glowing review! I believe you've provided some great Pro's and Con's as well! We wish you continued success through the New Year!

Sincerely,
True Recruiting

Best Company to Work for in the Carolinas!
Sales (Current Employee) –  CharlotteJune 2, 2015
True Homes is the best company to work for in the Carolinas! If you enjoy playing on a winning team of people who are supportive of one another then you would like True Homes. There is a spirit of excellence but support that I find challenging and comforting at the same time. The homes the company builds are fantastic and the focus on the Customer is very prevalent.
Pros
Great pay and support!
Cons
Fast Pace and can be complex at times
December 11, 2017

Thank you for your comment, we are thrilled to have been voted the Best Work Place in Charlotte for 2017 - this is largely due to our amazing Associates who rock their roles each and everyday, while being a Culture Carrier across each out our markets.

Don't forget about the referral bonus this holiday season, we are hiring across each market!