True Manufacturing Employee Reviews

The Worst Company in Saint Louis
IT Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 18, 2019
Poorly run, HR heavy, process lacking, micro-managing, philosophy, treated like children that cannot be trusted. Everyone uses a punch-in time card to include all office employees and managers. Management is punitive, lacks vision process and action. My own manager talked negatively and made fun of his own employees while in my presence. Like grade school all over again.
Pros
You can leave your work behind you each day
Cons
All else.
June 19, 2019

Coworkers are great, management needs work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJune 12, 2019
I have been at True for 4 years. At first I didn't have any issues with my job. I love my coworkers and you aren't going to find another employer in this area that pays this well. However, I have been stuck in the same job for the past 4 years, and have asked countless times to be moved elsewhere. They advertise in your interview that you get moved around a lot, with the opportunity to advance in the company. This is a lie. The majority of the jobs offered that are opportunities to advance, require you to know a lot of different jobs. And you can't learn any jobs because, management refuses to move people around. Also, the only time management ever comes and talks to you, is to gripe at you about something. No one ever comes and says thank you, or makes you feel even a little bit appreciated. Like I said, I love the people I work with, but something needs to be done about how management treats their employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Awful insurance, strict rules regarding vacation & PTO
June 13, 2019

Thank you for your review. We value our team members knowledge and have many opportunities for growth through internal promotions, which are communicated weekly.

Material Handler/Forklift Operator/Lead (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJune 11, 2019
Great company to work for they care about you and your family no top off paid always get a raise and good benefits and Bonuses also family fun day was great would not have left this job if I did move out of state
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Na
June 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience.

Good people to work with
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJune 8, 2019
People I worked with were great. Just other than that I was raised if you can't say anything nice than its best not to say anything at all..... so im not going to say a word.......sorry but that's my opinion !!!
Pros
Pay
June 11, 2019

Thank you for your review. We offer many outlets for team members to provide feedback and would encourage sharing any concerns with Human Resources.

Fantastic company and job
Sheet Metal Press Operator (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 29, 2019
True Manufacturing was one of the best jobs, I have had. The work environment, although tough and fast paced, was a great one. The management was pretty decent also.
Pros
Work environment and benefits
June 11, 2019

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate you sharing your experience.

The staff and workers were great
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 11, 2019
Working at true was a great experience for me and I would love to work there again, the hours were great we got out everyday at a descent hour and was a very friendly environment.
May 19, 2019

Thank you for the positive review. We appreciate you sharing your experience.

hot, stressful,non-family oriented company,
factory assembly line / parts subassembly (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MOMay 6, 2019
Non climate controlled factory. extremely hot and unforgiving conditions in the summer. Supervisors and their assistants are more concerned with hiding behind racks and timing/observing employees than actually offering any insight or guidance. The absolute worst health care plan on the market. Constant implementation AND cancelation of mandatory overtime, with complete disregard for family or any other obligations. High employee turnover, to the point where it dictates the mandatory overtime. I would guess their financial future is in question, due to the recent elimination of all monetary incentives such as profit sharing, Christmas bonuses, the ability to cash in and roll over vacation/sick time. Wage increases do not even keep up with the rises in heath insurance premiums.
May 19, 2019

Thank you for the review. Although the factories are not temperature controlled in the summer time, we do allow team members to bring in personal coolers to store their water bottles in addition there are many water fountains throughout the facility. On days that there is a heat advisory we provide an electrolyte drinks to keep team members hydrated. Additionally, True is proud to offer competitive pay and benefits.

Fast paced
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Pacific, MOApril 11, 2019
If you are a good worker they will take full advantage of that. But if you don't work hard they have now made it were they will not fire anyone even if it is deserved. Everyone else on the line then has to pick up the slack.
Pros
4/ 10 hour days
Cons
poor health care, not much room for advancement
May 19, 2019

My review of true manufacturing
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOApril 9, 2019
Your days will be stressful and hot. No air conditioning. Average temperature in the summer is over 100 degrees.They can boast about offering Gatorade but seriously how can anyone endure those temperatures and break your back continually for 10 hours is beyond me. Poor management. Prepare yourself to be treated like a hostage. Don't speak your mind. You are just an ant working for crumbs. People at True are NOT treated fairly.... It's certainly a one sided relationship and it's all about THEM vs: You....poor working conditions. Actually inhumane. You would be better off working in a climate controlled environment. They expect way too much out of people for $13.50 an hour. $20.00 an hour wouldn't be worth it. It is like a kindergarten for adults. Mindless work. High expectations for what they pay. They would be better off outsourcing to a foreign country because if you value your rights as a human being this company is not for you.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Overworked for amount of money, 100 + degrees inside
May 18, 2019

Thank you for the review. True cares very much for their employees and provides many outlets for team members to share concerns. Although the factories are not temperature controlled in the summer time, we do allow team members to bring in personal coolers to store their water bottles in addition there are many water fountains throughout the facility. On days that there is a heat advisory we provide an electrolyte drinks to keep team members hydrated.

Recruiters Make it sound great.
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 29, 2019
During interview the company is talked up to be so great. This is how ever not the case. they expect quantity and quality and really show no concern on if you struggle in your position. Your basically a slave nothing is consistent. People come and go so often. If you need a job quick then go for it. Stay away from the 0918 line. Expectations are ridiculous.
Pros
10 hour days monday through thursday
Cons
2 ten minute breaks and unpaid 30 minute lunch. job expectations, company literally does not care about you.
May 19, 2019

Thank you for your review. True cares very much for their employees and provides many outlets for team members to share concerns.

Broken promises wishy washy management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOMarch 18, 2019
They treat people who have been injured on the job with disrespect. They will tell you positions are yours permanently, then move you. Terrible backbiting and favoritism.
Pros
Raises
Cons
Hot

Targeting team skills and 2 second lean
Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMarch 15, 2019
Looks like a team environment, but have some way to go to reach that goal. Some management is far from Team oriented. Nice people to work with, better than other places I've worked.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
pay & cut in profit sharing
May 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value your feedback.

Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOMarch 6, 2019
I personally enjoyed working at true. Currently trying to get my job back with them. Supervisor was good. Line lead worked with you to get job done if needed.
May 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you highlighting our greatest asset, our people!

ok
Factory Line Worker (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 8, 2019
Management is decent. Production standards increased rapidly as a result quality standards have suffered somewhat. The work atmosphere promotes comraderie and kindness. Christmas time is incredibly uncomfortable for a non Christian minority. Despite efforts to control the culture of the work place there remains a huge sense of judgement and criticism, gossip, bullying, etc. Minor line issues are often exploited and dramatized. The health insurance is horrible. The savings program is awesome. Raises are fair. Work is easy enough but stressful. When you get comfortable at your job expect to be moved. As far as I can tell breaks are only 10 minutes. Most jobs are 15 then you walk back. Here it is 10 then you walk back and be back before 2nd bell. Entirely too short for a 10 hr shift.
Pros
easy work
Cons
work hours
May 18, 2019

Thank you for the review. True is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with team members in our factory and offices with a variety backgrounds. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and help us be the industry leading refrigeration manufacturer that we are. True is also proud to offer competitive pay and benefits.

True does not take care of its equipment
2nd Shift Systems Tooling and Automation Lead (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 26, 2019
Grew too fast and too short sighted. Most equipment is deteriorating. Cannot have 1 person responding to 16 buildings worth of issues. Due to this, regardless of your position, every shift is hectic and high stress as things break left and right.
May 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are continuously working with the production team to review the manufacturing process. Our goal is to ensure team members are working safely to produce a quality product in reasonable amount of time that meets our customers needs.

Basic factory
Factory worker (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 24, 2019
Its a basic factory where you have to actuqlly work they run their business pretty well and for the pay the job isnt to bad most people and management are cool to work with
May 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing your experience.

nice place to work
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, MOJanuary 10, 2019
very friendly atmosphere, lots of easy jobs to do. the hardest part of the job is the hours. the best part of the job was the skills they taught you and the different jobs available.
Pros
well paid
Cons
work hours less than desirable
January 16, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience.

Pretty Solid Place to work for.
Sheet Metal Worker (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 7, 2019
I set up programs to form and shape different types of metal and measure the finish product. I have no real complaint about my current job. I would recommend anybody to work here.
Pros
Paid, Work schedule
January 16, 2019

Cut-throat culture
Office employee (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MONovember 18, 2018
This company is trying to make the environment and policies better, but change is slow. Few advancement opportunities, no paid paternity or maternity leave. Very strict attendance policies. Some managers are amazing, others need coaching. Overall, it is a steady paycheck in a tolerable environment, if you are not ambitious.
Pros
On site cafeteria, life insurance
Cons
Poor health insurance, low pay, "secret formula" for yearly bonus.
December 6, 2018

Thank you for your response. True is continually reviewing policies, procedures and pay and are making necessary changes to continue to be competitive.

expected a lot from employees but was well compensated
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at true mfg. consisted of waking up very early and spending all day working on the fabrication of refrigerators. depending on the position you had. for the lion share of my time there I was a repair guy so I would spend most of my day fixing damaged units.

I learned too much at true to put in this box but, the most important lesson I learned was patience.
Pros
well compensated
Cons
stressfull
December 6, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at True Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.